Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account (33377 Views)

For Freezing My $15 Million, EFCC Should Pay Me Extra $200 Million-patience / How EFCC Traced 1.3billion NSA Funds To Fayose's Account In Picture / Why We Froze Gov. Fayose's Account - EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by temptnow: 3:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
This is what you get when you have an illiterate President
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by nduchucks: 3:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
The rule of law must be followed in cases such as this.

Unfortunately, the thieving and corrupt usual suspects know how to poison and threaten otherwise just judges into protecting folks who should be rotting in jail. Given that reality, I will support the minor suspension of decorum by encouraging the powers that be, to grab the blokos of the judge hearing this matter, to force the right decision. That money must remain frozen until Fayose is no longer enjoying immunity, so that he can properly defend himself. nansense. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by SpeedyConnect(m): 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
k
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by chacoonder(m): 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
Fayose the dullard, so he thinks the court will nullify the decision of EFCC, its a pity. As for Ozekhome, the double-mouthed lawyer, your next set of kidnappers are monitoring all your moves, the next time you are kidnapped, i hope you would be able to convince them that you didn't benefit from Gej's govt..
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Nig4Greatness: 3:08pm On Jun 28, 2016
This is pure financial criminal investigation. I would have loved Fayose to just allow investigation to be concluded because it's evident no judge will give him any judgement over investigation that is still ongoing.
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Prales(m): 3:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
What's this one saying. Did you read the article very well?

"Efforts made by Governor Ayodele Fayose to reverse the restriction order placed on his accounts frozen by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC) in Zenith Bank Plc was temporarily halted on Tuesday as the Federal High Court sitting in Ado Ekiti, deferred ruling on the mandatory order being sought to reverse the directive".

DropShot:
This is another defeat and frustration for Fayose as the court refused to grant his prayers that EFCC be made to unfreeze his accounts and restrained permanently from freezing them in future.

Ekpas up here lack comprehension ability, hence they celebrate invitation to EFCC to defend it's actions.

Fayose cannot get off this hook. There are previous instances where accounts of sitting governors were frozen for similar offense.

It's more than unfair that you enjoy immunity from criminal and civil acts already. It will be double tragedy for victims of your criminal acts for your accounts which were used to commit the crime to enjoy same immunity.
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by laffwitmi: 3:17pm On Jun 28, 2016
U forgot to mention Akpabio grin shocked shocked
joeprince23:
FG is using EFCC to hunt dissident and opposition voices,wheras all left wing politicians like amaechi timipre sylva jim nwobodo et al who are known and renowned fraudstars are left alone,some are even given juicy government appointment... Buhari may not see the hand writing on the wall cause he is not that smart(he is a dullard)
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Ofemmanu1: 3:22pm On Jun 28, 2016
Hahaha!
Fayose be like;

1 Like

Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by kingjoo: 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
Good move by Fayose. He has shown faith in Nigerian Judiciary and let's hope the judiciary will not price his faith wrong. Besides let us all be mindful that Nigeria is going the way of hell by this antics if this administration

1 Like

Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by richidinho(m): 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Efforts made by Governor Ayodele Fayose to reverse the restriction order placed on his accounts frozen by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC) in Zenith Bank Plc was temporarily halted on Tuesday as the Federal High Court sitting in Ado Ekiti, deferred ruling on the mandatory order being sought to reverse the directive.
The EFCC had last week Tuesday allegedly frozen Fayose’s account numbers 1003126654 and 9013074033 in Zenith bank for alleged money laundering running into N1.2 billion being money allegedly taken from the $2.1 billion arms fund in the office of the former National Security Adviser, Col. Bello Dasuki.

Fayose through his lawyer , Mr Mike Ozekhome(SAN), had through an ex parte order deposed to on the 24th of June, 2016 by Bimpe Olatemiju sought a mandatory order unfreezing the accounts belonging and operated by him pending the determination of his interlocutory application.

Joined in the suit are the EFCC (1st defendant) and Zenith bank (2nd defendant).The order was supported by 18-paragraph affidavit , a lone Exhibit, which was a letter issued to Governor Fayose by Zenith bank confirming that the EFCC actually placed a restriction order on the accounts and a written address.

He also sought the leave of the court for the service of the originating summons on the defendants in their various addresses outside the jurisdiction of the court as contained on the order papers, supported by 17-paragraph affidavit.

Ozekhome said the order was brought pursuant to order 26 rule 8(1) of the Federal High Court Civil Procedure Rule 2009 and Section 44(1) of the 1999 constitution which gives the court the discretionary powers to adjudicate on such matter.

Citing the case of Abdulaziz Nyako Vs EFCC to buttress his position that the anti-graft agency has no power to freeze Fayose’s account without valid court order, Ozekhome added that the action was a flagrant negation of the Section 308 of the constitution, which conferred absolute immunity on the government against civil and criminal procedure.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/28/account-freezing-court-summons-efcc-puts-fayoses-mandatory-order-in-abeyance/

Where is the judgement?

I don't blame you but the mod that refused to push the more detailed thread to the FP.

Why cut out this part?

“I hereby order the 1st and 2nd respondents to appear before this honourable court on July 4, 2016 and show cause why the order should be refused.

“This is not a refusal of the order, I have not refused it, but I only put it in abeyance which I said without prejudice to what will be the position of the respondents

2 Likes

Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Joarams(m): 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2016
A lot of people calling Buhari a dictator are failing to realize that in every sane government, the institutions and agencies of government have a level of independence to execute their mandate. A mandate that usually comes from existing laws and not the President's table. Because we have witnessed a lot of abuse of office and impunity in the past doesn't mean those agencies cannot be restructured to take their roles seriously, independent of the President.

If Buhari has an agenda against every opposition as they say, at least he's doing so with the use of the courts which means that the individuals have a right to defend themselves. Imagine the equivalent in the military era, where some of the people in courts today would have already been convicted, perhaps killed by now, whether truly guilty or not.

We must be mindful of the antics of political elites who, in the past, have stolen this country bare and are now playing the 'witch-hunt' or 'oppressed' or 'victim' card. At least they have a chance to prove the allegations false by hiring good lawyers and by the superiority of court arguments, whether truly guilty or not.

Finally, we need to remember that the main opposition party, the PDP, remains alive and well. So, people claiming that this dictator is against any opposition need to reconstruct their narratives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by geraldgiz(m): 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
One day, they will probe Abacha's Grave
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Mylove55(f): 3:48pm On Jun 28, 2016
wowmenow:
if the court and judiciary did not call this efcc to order they will lead Nigeria to civil war
they will not investigate Buratai for stealing Nigeria army money
efcc has already obtain a warrant to freeze d account of that stupid fayose and in buratai case- did any money disappear in army's acc without a trace?
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
What is good for the goose is good for the gander, posterity keeps records.Before you pick a side on this issue I would implore everyone to know that Buhari will not be president forever, what ever is not constitutional should not be encouraged for the sake of our growing democracy (that's if we even have one self)just to get at someone we don't like, that is why justice has a blindfold,what happens when the next president decides to wield this power to chase one of your own tomorrow? Will this move by the efcc still be applauded when another sitting governor's account is frozen by another president and it turns out to be you?whatever is wrong should be condemned outrightly, do not sit on the fence or turn a blind eye ,because you don't like the victim and you are quick to say "na im good for am",what happens when the next president decides to pick on someone you like ?

1 Like

Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by reality2019(m): 3:53pm On Jun 28, 2016
this clueless APC only knw how to victimise opponent, instead of providing electricity they mismanage with my president goodluck Jonathan provided.known look at it no light for almost one week in my area.what a mistake Nigerians made!!
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by cardoctor(m): 4:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
Chai. Fayose people plenty here o
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Osakah24(m): 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2016
DropShot:
This is another defeat and frustration for Fayose as the court refused to grant his prayers that EFCC be made to unfreeze his accounts and restrained permanently from freezing them in future.

Ekpas up here lack comprehension ability, hence they celebrate invitation to EFCC to defend it's actions.

Fayose cannot get off this hook. There are previous instances where accounts of sitting governors were frozen for similar offense.

It's more than unfair that you enjoy immunity from criminal and civil acts already. It will be double tragedy for victims of your criminal acts for your accounts which were used to commit the crime to enjoy same immunity.
So Fayose is already guilty according to you.
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by JIGHU(m): 4:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
REFUSED? HAS THE MATTER ENDED? THE COURT HAS GIVEN FINAL JUDGEMENT? EFCC WERE SUMMONED TO GIVE FAIR HEARING AND YOU ARE HERE CHATTING SHII
DropShot:

Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
[quote author=, if Buhari succeeds in trampling upon the Senate, we are finished in Nigeria. With all that has happened in recent times, our only succour should be in having an opposition at that level to checkmate the excesses of the former military dictator. [/quote]

wu says we nid democracy in nigeria a country whr justice is bought,,,a country whr a governor slaps a judge in court premises,,senator wrestle each other n even jump fence nt to mention d capacity of a single politician to embezzle public funds wit no fear ....do dey even sweat wen dey are summon to court...infact i wish buhari had military,,,i challenge anyone to cum out wit proof of any lawful citizen dt suffered in d hands of d tryant buhari asides corrupt politicians..why we any sane human stand up 4 sum1 dt stole wat blongs to evrybody...be it wizard hunting awon olodo
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by bittertruthz: 4:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
wowmenow:
if the court and judiciary did not call this efcc to order they will lead Nigeria to civil war
they are just harassing all Buhari political enemies

Its only you that will fight the civil war. WHY ARE YOU NOT WORRIED ABOUT OTHER POOR PEOPLE IN PRISON? THESE RICH POLITICIANS YOU ARE CRYING FOR DO SEND INNOCENT PEOPLE TO PRISON. NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT THEM.

AS LONG AS THEY DIDNT ACCUSE MY INNOCENT FATHER AND YOUR INNOCENT FATHER, JUST SHUT UP.

There is an adage that says: watin person dey work na dey kill am. electric shock kill nepa staff because na electricity be him work.

THESE POLITICIANS MADE FORTUNE IN POLITICS, SO THEY SHOULD PREFER TO DIE IN POLITICS WHEN THEIR CUP FULL................ OR ARE THEY SHARING MONEY WITH YOUR FATHER?
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by SweetLove0(f): 4:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by horimo: 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
If the opposition had not involved themselves in all this mess, i dont think buhari or EFCC will have reasons to investigate them. Kindly mention on person that has not been involved in the yam eating.

I can mention awujale of ijebu land.
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by knightsTempler: 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2016
Buhari Anti-Corruption Fight: "And when he sees the broom he pass over us" Exodus 12 vs 13

Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by manutdadex(m): 4:42pm On Jun 28, 2016
Untainted007:

All these lawyers has been the one frustrating judicial cases against these executive thieves in Nigeria. They keep encouraging all their clients all because of what they will get in return. But to be sincere, Ekiti people are advocating for non payment of salaries yet their governor is having billions in his account. The rich barely know the suffering passed through by the poor. Nigerian politician aren't representing the masses at all. They are only representing their own stomach, their families and partially their loyalists. If corrupt politicians are sentenced to death like they do in China things would have been better, but how do we expect corrupt judges to sentence corrupt culprits? Padi padi government.
so he shud pay state workers from his personal account? pull dem down syndrome is in our blood....if politicians are sentenced to death for corruption... where u think say common man go dey?
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Untainted007: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
manutdadex:
so he shud pay state workers from his personal account? pull dem down syndrome is in our blood....if politicians are sentenced to death for corruption... where u think say common man go dey?

Never get me wrong, I have never said he should pay workers from his pocket. All I said is people who are wealthy and have almost everythinh at their disposal hardly know the suffering the poor are passing through and sentencing corrupt politicans, the sentenced ones will serve as scape goats and you will see how everyother corrupt person will seat up. Nobody will want to be implicated after they have seen what others passed through. They will brace up from corrupt practices.
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by wealth123: 4:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
What is going to catch up with Thieves and their supporters? Wailing wailer answer the question. Shameless evil people.

rapistomenka:
Nemesis will soon catch up with Buhari and his cohorts

1 Like

Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Guyman02: 5:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
Rencent:
What is wrong with all dis wailers.... Always supporting corruption and attacking mr president.
Ipob yoot shaa...... Well, Buhari till ibos get sense

Yes, the own houses in Dubai with their savings from Army salary like Buratai
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by manutdadex(m): 5:22pm On Jun 28, 2016
Untainted007:

Never get me wrong, I have never said he should pay workers from his pocket. All I said is people who are wealthy and have almost everythinh at their disposal hardly know the suffering the poor are passing through and sentencing corrupt politicans, the sentenced ones will serve as scape goats and you will see how everyother corrupt person will seat up. Nobody will want to be implicated after they have seen what others passed through. They will brace up from corrupt practices.
that wont stop Nigerians beliv... a good example are pipeline vandals, they die in dozen but has that stopped them frm bunkering? no! the best solution still remains, seperate them frm d yam and another is education of d masses, an educated man wont vote for a thief... not well trained
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by DropShot: 5:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
Prales:
What's this one saying. Did you read the article very well?

"Efforts made by Governor Ayodele Fayose to reverse the restriction order placed on his accounts frozen by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC) in Zenith Bank Plc was temporarily halted on Tuesday as the Federal High Court sitting in Ado Ekiti, deferred ruling on the mandatory order being sought to reverse the directive".

Still a temporary defeat since his prayers were not granted.
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by bejeria101(m): 5:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
wowmenow:
they are just harassing all Buhari political enemies

God bless u,when i bring that buratai own na silence,how can EFCC be acting without facts? Even during ribadu they werent dis lawless. Sarakis case,u open mouth talk say u didnt verify the asset declaration forms and you charged the man to court on air allegations.
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by openmine(m): 5:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
shelu88:
it's been a long time coming
r d data caps u sell 4 all networks?
Re: Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account by Nellybii: 6:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
joeprince23:
FG is using EFCC to hunt dissident and opposition voices,wheras all left wing politicians like amaechi timipre sylva jim nwobodo et al who are known and renowned fraudstars are left alone,some are even given juicy government appointment... Buhari may not see the hand writing on the wall cause he is not that smart(he is a dullard)

We seem to be missing something here! Do you realize that these looters really betrayed GEJ? They never spent the money they got. They kept most of the money meant to prosecute the election campaigns for GEJ. Maybe GEJ would have won if they didn't betray him. For example, Fayose sharply froze part of the money, invested a part into his hotel business, a part into real estate and became governor. Hmmm really smart. FFK invested in real estate and lavished a lot on his passion (women). Dokpesi also expanded his business empire. The list goes on. These was terribly unfair to GEJ. If they can betray their benefactor, what makes us feel that these guys wont betray us if we clamor for their freedom and they get it? . Most of us defending these guys are hard working tax payers that have never owned a million Naira in our lives. These guys are billionaires without any hard work and don't pay taxes. Is there any logic in our actions? We should reflect over these facts . I rest my case.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu Mosque Fire: Ohanaeze Visits Muslim Community, Appeals For Calm / Mc Oluomo Shown Off His Mother In New Adorable Photo / ‘those Who Say I Don’t Have Stamina Can Say Something Else Now’ — Buhari Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.