Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. (20649 Views)

How Lust For A Teenage Girl Ruined The Life Of An Innocent Boy / TEENAGE LOVE Naivety¤¤¤¤part 1 & 2 / Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 3:23pm On Sep 21, 2009
The next day,Miria was in her room,her earpieces plugged in. She was listening to Kelly Clarkson's 'My life would suck without you',a song on her rock playlist and she tried to imagine how her life would be if Orisha wasn't in it. She couldn't-and that scared her. She realized then that her feelings for Orisha made her vulnerable,and that-being vulnerable-was something she was terrified of. 'I can't change what i feel for him-even if i want to',she thought to herself when the song ended. She truly didnt want to change what she felt for Orisha;he was a wonderful guy,and when she was with him,he made her feel so good it was almost surreal. At that point,her younger brother rushed in. "Can't you knock?",she yelled at him. "Sorry. . . ",he said,out of breath,and continued;"I just wanted to tell you that they've come". Then he ran back out. She removed her earpieces and heard the familiar revving of her dad's engine. Her sisters were returning from school that day,and he'd gone to pick them up from the airport. Now he was home,which meant they were home as well. She went outside to greet them. "Mimi!",Eghosa shrieked and went to hug her. "I missed you",she continued. "I missed you too",Mimi replied,and she really had missed her. "What about me?",asked Mimi's other sister,Claire. They hugged and Claire said;"You have no idea how much i've missed my crazy sister". "I've missed pissing you off too",Miriam replied with a smile. "So,how was your flight?",Miriam asked as they went inside. She carried one of their bags,their dad carried another,and Jacob,their 10-year-old brother carried the last(and smallest)one. "It was fine",replied Eghosa. They were both in the university of Benin. They usually drove themselves to Lagos when they were coming home for the holidays,but that time was different. The Benin-Ore road had advanced from bad to worse,so they told their father that they had no intention of driving from Benin to Lag-the road was a bloody deathtrap and they couldn't spend 8 hours on the road.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 3:47pm On Sep 21, 2009
Their dad protested at first(it was the accountant in him,he couldn't help it),but when they threatened to spend the three week holiday at the house in Benin,he sent the money to their accounts the next day. Eghosa was a year older than Claire,yet they were both in their second year,studying the same course. What happened was this;When Eghosa finished school,she wrote her Jamb with Unilag as her first choice-that was her dad's wish(he originally wanted all his children to go to school from home). Anyway,she passed the Jamb,scored 237 actually,wrote the post-ume and scored 61. She was going for Economics;her dad's master plan was that she'd finish her first course,go abroad for her Masters' and then come back home to lecture so that by the age of 40 or thereabout,she'd become a proffessor and thus be assured of a fixed salary for the rest of her teaching years,and even when she retired. It was a good plan-except things didn't work out that way. The hard truth was that Eghosa's dad didn't have connections,or more appropriately,he did,he just wasn't willing to use them to get his kid into school-it'd be morally wrong,he'd say. So Eghosa spent one year at home. The next year,she persuaded him to let her do things her way. She and Claire put Uniben as their first choice(Benin was their state of origin),and both of them got in. They were now 2nd year Economics and Statistics students,they'd both gotten in without any 'mago-mago',they were doing wonderfully well,and their father was immensely proud of them. Back to the present,Miriam and her sisters lay on the bed in Mimi's room,gisting. They'd started right after Eghe and Claire got in,and they hadn't let up since. "Ja. .cob!",yelled Eghosa. "Coming!",he replied. About half a minute later,he poked his head in. "Be a darling and get us three bottles of smirnoff,Jacob",Eghosa said. "It's Jake now. Y'know,the Jakester,J-man?",he said. "Really?",Eghosa asked,eyebrow raised as her lips twitched in amusement. "My bad,Jakester",she said,deciding to humor him,and continued;
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 4:15pm On Sep 21, 2009
"Now could you go get us the drinks?". "Sure",he replied. "Oh and bring us cold ones,as in ice-block cold",added Claire. "There are no 'ice-block cold' ones. Mommy moved them from the freezer to the fridge this morning",he replied. "Just get us the coldest ones you can find",she said. "Kay",he said and left. Eghosa and Claire loved Smirnoff ice. They didn't mind alcohol,but they were very picky. Stout was too bitter-"Why would anyone deliberately torture himself by drinking that stuff?",Eghosa had once asked in reference to Stout. They didn't like Star or Gulder or Crystal. There wasn't any particular reason;they just didn't like them. Then whiskey,vodka,gin,rum etc were too strong-a few shots and they'd be down for the count,and they definitely didn't like being drunk. It was gross-puking,being so conked out you could do some pretty crazy stuff that'd leave you mortified when you regained your senses,not to mention the massive hangovers you'd have the morning after. Smirnoff ice,on the other hand,was sweet(Praise God!),they loved the bottle and it wasn't too alcoholic. It was love at first taste! Miriam was pretty much the same,except she could handle the occasional shot/s of Johnny Walker,St Remy etc. Given how strict their father was,it was a wonder he didn't mind them drinking-as long as they didn't get drunk(or more accurately,as long as he didn't see them drunk). It wasn't like they went on drinking binges everyday,though. They were pretty level-headed about the whole thing. None of them ever drank alcohol outside the house(even when the girls went off to school and attended the occasional party,they never drank anything alcoholic),and they all had personal limits. The girls never drank more than two bottles of Smirnoff a day,and Miriam was preuy much the same. "So what's been going on here?",Claire asked a few minutes later after Jake had brought their drinks and left. "Nothing much. . . ",Miriam began. "Don't even go there,Mims. We've been gone for months. There's gotta be something that's happened"
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by semid4lyfe(m): 4:44pm On Sep 21, 2009
@ Atreus

Nice! I like it cos you're bringing more characters into play.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2009
,Eghosa cut in. "I didn't say nothing's happened,i just said nothing much",she said,trying to be blasé about it. "Well. . ?",Eghosa prompted. 'Ah,screw it',Miriam thought to herself and asked aloud,her eyes beaming with enthusiasm;"Remember Orisha?" "Yeah",said Claire. "Which Orisha? I don't remember any Orisha",Eghosa said. "The one from her class in pry. School that she found on facebook?",Claire said,trying to jog her sister's memory. Eghosa's face remained blank. "The one she kissed,that all those small kids in her class came to report her to us? Cute little guy in glasses?" "Oh. . . That Orisha",said Eghosa,recognition dawning. "Well why didn't you just say it was him?",she added. Claird rolled her eyes and smiled. "What about him?",Eghosa asked Mimi. "Well he's back in the country. He's been back for over a month now,and we've been hanging out. He's grown up into an amazing guy;he's sweet,he's funny,he has this rare ability to laugh at himself and his own foibles,he's kind-a perfect gentleman,he's just. . . . Wow",she said. "And you've got the hots for him",Claire said intuitively. "Yes",Miriam replied without hesitation. "Ooooh. . . . She's got it bad! She didn't even bother to deny it",Eghosa said to Claire. They all laughed. "So,anyway",Miriam continued;"Last week Friday,we went to this reunion thing,of our primary school set,and there was this other guy from way back-Mike. He's hot,and we were talking and laughing-and Orisha got into a rotten mood. When we were driving back home,he said a few things,pissed me off. . . ",she said and paused to lick her lips. "And. . ?",said Claire. "And i blew up,and he apologized,and. . . " "And what?",asked Eghosa this time around. "He kissed me". "How was it? Details,details",Eghosa said,all but squealing in excitement. "It was amazing. He's the best kisser i've ever kissed",Miriam said dreamily. "He's the only guy you've ever kissed",Claire noted wryly. "It was so romantic. I've been reading about kisses and romance for years,but now,i finally get it,
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2009
Thanks semidi. I didnt want it to be one dimensional,just orisha and miriam,because then the story'd end very quickly. With the underlying resentment she feels for her sisters and the issues she has with her dad,and with things between her and Orisha getting serious,i felt this would be the right time to introduce her sisters.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2009
I finally get what all the fuss is about. It was so amazing i ge goosebumps just thinking about it",Miriam continued just as dreamilyoblivious of Claire's interruption. "I finally got my first kiss at the ripe old age of 16,but it was definitely worth the wait",she said with a grin,and continued;"So now,we're kinda together. What about you Claire? What's tp with you and Owen?",Miriam asked,referring to Claire's on-again,off-again boyfriend. "He's there",she replied with a non-commital shrug. "They're off again",Eghosa whispered to Mimi,but just loud enough for Claire to hear. The three of them continued talking,disagreements forgotten,resentments buried;they were just sisters again,huddling together over the serious priority of boys.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by semid4lyfe(m): 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2009
The serious priority of boys? Lol.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 10:41pm On Sep 21, 2009
Miriam walked into the parlor,heading for the door. "Miriam",her dad called. "Yes dad?",she answered and turned to him. He was seated on the two-seater. "You up for a game of chess?",he asked. "Chess?",she asked,looking at her father like he was speaking Latin. "Yes,Chess",he repeated. "Uhm. . . I was actually going out to buy something,but i guess we could play a game",she said and walked to him. She sat down opposite him and her dad arranged the pieces. The game lasted for about an hour. Mimi's dad always talked when he was playing chess;he'd crack jokes or tell one of those when-i-was-your-age/In-those-days stories. Mimi had learned a long time ago that that was a strategy-the objective was that you'd be so engrossed in the stories,you wouldn't pay attention to your game,and before you knew it-checkmate. That time,her dad was talking about how when he'd married her mom a crate of minerals was #2.50k and a goat was #150. Miriam was a naturally competitive person,but that was the first time she'd so thoroughly enjoyed being beaten. "You've gotten better",her dad remarked after the game. "I guess so",she replied. "I wanna go buy the stuff",she said,and added as an afterthought;"Is that okay?" "Yes. Sure",her father replied,a bit disappointed-he'd wanted them to watch a game together. She left,and then he sighed deeply. Efe,her mother walked in. "So?",she asked. "We played chess",he said,gesturing towards the chessboard on the table. "How did it go?",she asked softly. "It went",he replied. "That bad,hunh?",she said in question. "I don't know,Efe",he said with another sigh and continued;"She couldn't wait to leave. I don't get it. Miriam and i used to be so close. We used to play chess everyday,watch football,tennis together,talk,and now it's like i'm a stranger to her. You should've seen the look on her face when i asked her to play chess with me. It was like;'who are you and what've you done with my father?' ". "Mo. . . Things between you and Miriam aren't going to change overnight",she said.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2009
''I know,i know",he said. "What're you going to have for dinner?",she asked a few minutes later. "Unripe plantain and vegetables",he replied. "Okay",she said,not bothering to ask which vegetable-she knew it was spinach. Her husband was into healthy food,and the iron-filled unripe plantain and spinach was a staple in his diet. She stood up and went into the kitchen to cook for herself,her husband and Jacob. The girls had told her they'd take care of themselves-they could only eat ripe plantains and maybe manage the spinach,but it had to be stewed,not steamed,and steamed was the way their father liked it,so that night,they were on their own.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Scofield007(m): 4:04am On Sep 22, 2009
Okay, okay. Did they grow up? Did they finish school? Did they travel abroad? Did her father consent? Did they become rich? What happened? Is it a 'and they lived happily ever after story'?
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 7:00am On Sep 22, 2009
Patience,scofield,patience. You'll find out in due time.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 7:38am On Sep 22, 2009
That evening,her parents and Jacob had just finished eating. The girls didn't cook anything;Eghosa and Claire ate golden morn while Miriam ate a gala and drank a pack of Hollandia yoghurt. Jacob had just finished clearing the plates when Miriam came to talk to her dad. "Dad?",she began tentatively and then continued;"I need to ask you for something". "Seems like that's the only time you talk to me. When you need something",he mused aloud. He took a sip of his glass of water and then continued;"What is it?" "I'd like another extension of my curfew". "Why?",her dad asked. "I wanna have dinner with a friend of mine",she said. "This. . Friend,is he the same person you went with to the party last week?",her father asked. "Daddy. . ",she began. "Answer the question",he cut in. "He's the same person",she replied. Her dad nodded his head but didn't say anything at first. After a few seconds of tense silence,he said;"I'll let you go. But on one condition. Your sisters will go with you as chaperones". "Chaperones? What for? You didn't insist on Chaperones last week",she said in protest. "That's because they weren't around last week. They are now",he said. "Daddy,i don't need chaperones. I'm gonna do anything wrong. I don't need them",she repeated. "If you know you're not going to do anything wrong,the idea of having a chaperone shouldn't bother you",her father said. "This isn't about me. It isn't about whether or not i'll do something wrong. This is about you,dad. You don't trust me". "Trust? You're talking about trust? Trust is not demanded,it's earned",her father said. "So i haven't earned your trust? That's what you're saying?",she asked in mock astonishment. "I've been a model student,good grades,never done anything untoward. You gave me permission to go out to a party,and i returned home at the time we agreed on,sober! What more do you want dad? What more must i do to 'earn' your trust?",she asked in anger.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by phraoh(m): 8:43am On Sep 22, 2009
Ohhhhhhhhhhh,dnt like dis cut n join,its obstructin ma flow.Bt Atreus, dat gurl MIMI is 2 truthful unlike children of nowadaes.Must she tell her fada dat she is goin out wit a boy.I mean a girl dis daes will tell her fada dat she wnts 2 hang out wit her female best frnd n go out 2 meet a boy,or will tell him she is goin 2 church whereas she is attendin a party, dnt u fink.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 9:38am On Sep 22, 2009
Sorry about that. I'l soon finish this scene. And about Miriam being different from girls of these days,that's the message i want to send across. She's essentially a good girl,and she truly believes she deserves some freedom.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by phraoh(m): 9:53am On Sep 22, 2009
Atreus:

Sorry about that. I'l soon finish this scene. And about Miriam being different from girls of these days,that's the message i want to send across. She's essentially a good girl,and she truly believes she deserves some freedom.

ohh, ok, bt do fast n finish dis novel, cnt wait.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 10:21am On Sep 22, 2009
"First you wanted to go see a movie with a friend of yours. Then you went to a reunion party with him. Now it's a lovely little dinner you want to go on with the same boy. Do you think i'm dense,Miriam? Or are you going to say it's just a friendly dinner? Are you? Answer me!",he demanded in anger,voice raised. She turned away,silent. "You can't answer me,can you? You can't,because you know as well as i do that this is not just dinner between friends. It's a date. A date! Do you even understand the concept behind dating? It's a way for a man and a woman to get to know each other better with the intention of finding out whether they're compatible and possibly getting married. That's what dating is for. Do you plan to get married anytime soon? No? I didn't think so. Trust! You're dating a boy,and you talk to me about trusting you?",he asked. He took a deep breath and then continued;"I'm trying. . . I'm trying very hard to be reasonable here Miriam. You will go to dinner with your sisters as chaperones,or you will not go at all". "Dad. . .",she began. "It's your decision Miriam",her father cut in. "Then i guess i have no choice. Looks like me and the girls'll be having dinner with my friend",she said and stormed off.
Miriam entered her room and slammed the door behind her. She was angry. A few minutes later,her mother knocked on the door. "Miriam? Miriam,open the door". Miriam didn't answer her. Miriam hadn't locked the door,so when her mother turned the handle,the door opened. She went inside and saw Miriam sitting on the ground next to her bed. "Miriam. . Baby? I want to talk to you". "Well i don't",she replied. Her mom sat down on a chair opposite her and began;"Miriam,your father is just trying to do what's best for you". "Oh don't give me that crap mom. Dad isn't trying to do what's best for me. This isn't about me. I don't even come into the equation,never mind the fact that it's my life. This is about dad;his ideas,his perceptions-how he sees me. It's about what he wants.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 10:45am On Sep 22, 2009
Look at the way he was going on and on about dating,like i was gonna commit fornication on the first date or something. And him insisting on chaperones? It all boils down to this simple fact-he doesn't trust me,period". "Your dad's just trying to protect you. The chaperone thing is not such a bad idea. . " "Really? Is that what you think of me mom? You think i won't be able to keep my legs closed when i'm with a boy? Is that why you think i need chaperones? Dad doesn't trust me,and the fact that we're having this conversation shows that you don't either",she said. "Miriam,this isn't about whether we trust you or not. You're a teenager;the bible talks about desires incidental to youth. You're in the bloom of youth and . . " "Mom",cut in Miriam and continued,speaking slowly through clenched teeth;"I really don't want to talk about the bible at this point in time,so can we please not do this now?" "Miriam,i'm just trying to. . " "Please,mom. I can't do this now",she said. Efe looked at her daughter and sighed in frustration,knowing it was no good trying to reason with her when she was in that mood. "Fine then. But later,later we are going to have this talk",her mother said and left the room.
Miriam had gone out for a walk immediately her mom left the room. Now,she had cooled down but she was still in a bad mood. Her phone rang and she checked caller ID. It was Orisha. She picked up the call on the fourth ring. "Hey",he replied. "Orisha,i'm not in a very good mood right now. Can you call me back later?",she asked. "Whoa,whoa,whoa. . What's wrong?" "Nothing",she replied. "Come on Mims,i know there's something wrong. I can hear it in your voice. What is it?",he asked. "My dad said the only way i could go to dinner with you is if my sisters come with me as chaperones". "Chaperones?",he repeated. "Yeah. He just. .y'know what? I don't wanna talk about this",she said. "Okay. Then let's talk about how you feel right now". "Angry. Frustrated-because i can't get through to him and i'm tired of trying.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 11:09am On Sep 22, 2009
Hurt-that he has such a low opinion of me",she said,getting angry all over again just thinking about it. "Mimi,calm down. Alright? Calm down",he said,his words like a soothing balm. "He just made it seem like having dinner with you was such a bad thing. He wants my sisters to chaperone us because he doesn't trust me to do the right thing",she said and continued with a sigh;"Orisha,i don't wanna burden you with my issues". "Burden? You're not burdening me with anything. What on earth makes you think talking to me about your feelings is a burden? You can talk to me about anything,Miriam,anything. You've gotta know that",he said,enunciating every word of the last two sentences clearly. "Miriam,this Friday night,we're gonna have dinner together. You're gonna wear a beautiful gown that'll blow me away when i see it. We'll. . We'll order the most exotic thing on the menu. We'll dance. We're gonna have a great time,and nobody'll ruin it. Nobody. It'll just you and me. We'll have a wonderful first date,chaperones or not". He paused and then continued;"I wish i could say something to make it all better". "You just did",she replied softly with a small smile,and continued;"Thank-you Orisha". "Anytime,Mims",he replied. "I'm looking forward to Friday night",she added. "So am i. Everything is gonna be fine. Don't forget that",he said. "I won't". "Bye",he said. "Bye",she replied. "No goodbye kiss?",he asked. She chuckled. "Kiss-kiss",he prompted. "Muuahh",she kissed into the phone with a laugh. "See you Friday",he said. "Kay",she replied and ended the call.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Scofield007(m): 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2009
I think her dad's right. She's foolish to have told him.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by MyneWhite1(f): 10:21pm On Sep 22, 2009
I think this Orisa guy is becoming too good to be true. lol
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by semid4lyfe(m): 11:20pm On Sep 22, 2009
Foolish Girl. Imagine the yeye audacity.

She lucky se no be me her popsie.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by phraoh(m): 7:07am On Sep 23, 2009
Myne White:

I think this Orisa guy is becoming too good to be true. lol

thot so masef,was wonderin if all dis love scenes can happen in 9ja bt den realized dat its a teenage love affair,wat was i expectin,
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 11:32am On Sep 23, 2009
Date night. . . .
Miriam and her sisters had just arrived at Chez Rouge. Miriam wore a light red gown,black peep-toe heels and carried a matching black purse. She walked to the door,looking around nervously. Orisha was supposed to meet them outside. A few minutes later,she spotted him. He was resting against the wall,cleaning his glasses. "Hey",she called out. He put on his glasses,blinked,and then smiled. "Hey",he replied and walked to her. "Gd'evenin",she said. "Evenin' ",he replied,dipped his head and kissed her on the cheek. "The corporate look really works for you",she said. He was wearing a black striped suit,white dress shirt,bold red tie and a matching pocketsquare. "Thanks. You look beautiful",he said,running an appreciative eye over her outfit. "Uhm. . I got you this",he said,bringing out some flowers that were arranged as a brooch. "I didn't know the colour of the dress you'd be wearing,so i figured white would go with anything",he said,gesturing to the white flower brooch thing. "Thanks",she said and put it on. "And. . These are my sisters",she continued,turning to introduce them. "Claire,Eghosa,meet Orisha. Orisha,my sisters". "It's nice to meet you",he said,not sure if he should shake them or not. He ended up stuffing his hands in his pockets. "It's nice to meet you too",Eghosa said. "Shall we?",he asked,gesturing to the front door. "Sure",Claire replied. He took Miriam's arm in his and they all went in. "Welcome to Chez Rouge",said a beautiful woman somewhere between her early to late 30's,and then as she saw Orisha,her face brightened noticeably. "Good evening aunt Chidinma",he said. "Good evening dear",she said with a smile as he kissed both her cheeks.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by semid4lyfe(m): 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2009
Na wa o! See trips.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by phraoh(m): 1:33pm On Sep 23, 2009
wetin cum stop d flow nw, Aniwaiz dat Mimi's father no dey try ooo,puttin huge expenses on Orisha head, He will pay die, 3 ladies @ chez rouge,
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 7:58pm On Sep 24, 2009
"Good evening ma",Miriam said,as did the girls. "Good-evening girls. Welcome to Chez Rouge",she said again. "Thank-you",they said. "Orisha,i've got a lovely table for you. No 2",she said and beckoned a waiter. "Please take him to table No. 2",she said. "Yes ma'am",the waiter replied and took them there. It was a very nice table as Orisha's aunt had said it was,and it was a table for two. There were a few empty tables next to the No 2. Miriam's heart sank as she realized her sisters would be right next to them,and then;"No reason why we can't chaperone from all the way over there",Eghosa said,pointing to a table on the other side of the room,across the dance floor. "Thanks,guys",Miriam said softly with a grateful smile. "You're welcome",Claire said and then they all went to their respective seats.
About 45 minutes later,Claire and Eghosa had just finished eating dinner,and they were watching Orisha and Miriam. "Young love,is such a beauty to behold",Eghosa said with a theatric sigh. "What are we,90?",Claire asked with a chuckle. "They look so happy together. Even you can't deny that",Eghosa said. "You're right. I can't",Claire replied. Miriam and Orisha really did look happy together-they laughed,talked,they were so absorbed in each other they didn't notice much else-they were pretty much in a world of their own. Miriam looked . . . radiant. Claire shook her head sadly. Eghosa noticed this,and asked;"What is it?". "They're not gonna work out",Claire replied sadly. "How can you know that?",asked Eghosa. "Because,Eghe. This isn't a fantasy,it's real life. And in real life,the pretty princess doesn't end up with Prince Charming. She gets her heart broken-dashed into a million little pieces". "Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean love doesn't exist. Quit being such a cynic". "Ok,Eghosa,just for the record,i do believe in love. It may be incredibly rare,but i truly believe it exists. I have to. I have to believe that there's something more than the selfishness,petty squabbles,bitterness and hate this worl
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2009
ld. I have to believe there's something better. Sometimes i think,it's the only way i hold on to my sanity. And this is not me being cynical. We've gotta face the facts. Correct me if i'm wrong,but isn't he here to spend a three month holiday in Nigeria? What happens when he leaves?",Claire asked. "What was it Jordin Sparks sang? Uhm. . . 'Be faithful enough to know that this' ",she said,gesturing to Orisha and Miriam,and continued;" 'is meant to be,and if it's not,then don't speak,don't ruin it,just let them dream' ",she finished. "Eghosa,we can't just sit here and do nothing",Claire said and continued;"I've never seen Miriam like this over a guy. Any guy. He's the first person she's ever had real feelings for. She's happy with this guy. . . When she talks about him,it's like something deep inside her just lights up,she has this look on her face;she's happy". "And that's a bad thing?",Eghosa asked,with a look on his face that clearly said;'Are you crazy?'. "Yes. It's a bad thing,because the stronger her feelings for him,the harder she'll hurt when he's gone. I'm not gonna sit here and let my baby sister get hurt,and i can't believe you'd suggest it",Claire said in reply. "Dammit,Claire,she's our little sister. Our sister",Eghosa said,flaring up,and continued;"You think i don't know there's a very likely possibility she could get hurt? Somewhere along the line,this. . .thing,for lack of a better word,this thing between her and Orisha has grown into something more than just a teenage crush. Mimi's always been more mature than her age,and he,he seems like a pretty well-balanced guy,and maybe in a perfect world,they could work out,but like you so aptly put it earlier;this is real life. And in real life,things don't work that way". Eghosa paused and continued with a sigh;"There are some things we can't stop. This is one of them. They're too far gone to just. . Stop. There are also some things every girl has to experience. Like her first love". "And her first heartbreak",Claire finished for her.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 8:54pm On Sep 24, 2009
"There's nothing we can do. I think she should live in the moment. She's happy. That's what matters. She's happy,so let's just forget about what's gonna happen in the future. If his leaving hasn't crossed her mind,then we can't put it there. We can't",Eghosa said,sounding unnaturally subdued-she always was the vivacious one. "Well,then,Salud!",Claire said in sad resignation,raising her glass of sparkling cider in a half-hearted toast.
Miriam had just finished their dessert. "Wanna dance?",he asked. "I'd love to",she replied. He stood up,offered her his palm and led her to the dancefloor. A song just started playing. On hearing it,Miriam inhaled deeply,closed her eyes and smiled. "I love this song. Chris de Burgh",she said. " 'Lady in Red",he added. Her eyes opened in surprise. "You know the song?",she asked. "Yeah. Why do you sound so surprised?",he asked. They'd moved closer;cheek to cheek,beating hearts so close together it felt like they were one. "Most guys i know aren't particularly into old school",she said. "I'm not most guys. Besides,it's their loss. A lot of beautiful music was made in the times of generations past". They remained silent,dancing. They weren't doing anything fancy-they weren't dancing the Viennese Waltz or doing the foxtrot;they were just moving with the music. "How fitting",he said about a minute later,twirling her around and then drawing her back to him,and continued;"De Burgh's singing about a lady in red,and here i am,dancing with my own lady in red". She smiled and didn't say anything-she couldn't get over how much she liked being 'his' lady. He leaned downwards and whispered in her ear;"I wanna show you something. Come with me?". She nodded her head and went out of the restaurant with him.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by MyneWhite1(f): 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2009
Lady in red, ah I like that song too, used it in one of my stories.
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 9:47pm On Sep 24, 2009
Cool. Anyway,back to the story:
Re: The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. by Atreus(f): 10:17pm On Sep 24, 2009
Orisha and Miriam were outside,standing at the spot he'd led them to. "So what did you wanna show me?",she asked. "Look up",he replied. She did. It was a dark night,with a crescent moon and twinkling stars as far as the eye could see. "It's beautiful",she said in awe. "I thought you'd think so",hd said and held her hand. She glanced at their joined hands,smiled and then looked back up. "Are you gonna show me the North Star?",she asked. "Err. . . No. I don't know the first thing about astrology",he said with a rueful grin. "Good. Cos i don't either",she said. "It's just so spectacular. There are billions of stars in our galaxy alone. Just thinking of all the other galaxies out there,and the billions of stars and other wonders of creation therein. . . The numbers are just mind-boggling",he said. "Yeah. We humans are pretty small,insignificant in comparison",she said softly and continued about a minute later;"I'm really glad that i'm here with you". "So am i",he said in reply. They continued holding hands,silently looking at the stars,just soaking in the moment.
Meanwhile, Claire and Eghosa had just finished desert. "I swear,Claire,this place is outta this world",Eghosa said. "I know. It's pretty amazing". "Speaking of amazing,what's up with you and Owen? He's an amazing guy". "Sure he is",Claire said dryly. Owen was her off and on boyfriend. He was a 23 year old final-year Computer Science student in Uniben. Claire and Owen had had so many problems she could get away with not telling Eghosa the exact details of what went down between them. "I get you guys,together in a relationship have been under a lotta pressure,but all in all,he's a good guy". "I know",Claire said. "And you'd just break up with him?",Eghosa asked,eyebrow raised. Claire didn't say anything. "You're crazy,Claire. You have issues. You need to see a shrink". "I'll go if you will",Claire said with a cheeky grin. Eghosa turned her head and was looking directly at Owen. 'He's here early',she thought in shock. "Uhm Claire?",she began.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Perfection / Tales Of A College Boy / Is Chimamanda Adichie A Racist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.