Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

My Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Story (727 Views)

Why Are People So Wicked... Just Saw My Story Been Published Elsewhere / Vote For My Story - Etisalat Flash Fiction Award / My Story Ogechi & I" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Story by emmaoyes(m): 2:26am On Jun 30, 2016
Waking up every morning I keep unfolding the misery that revolve around life

I may or may not understand it but I think its a phase an average Nigerians youth must pass through ...

As a young guy back then in school full of life and practical ideals, some tagged me has been pedantic coz they thinks i do make much fuss about my studies...

I can count the number of time I slept in my hostel while in school, I will leave my comfort zone and study all night with friends in which atimes get tired of me and give excuses next morning why they couldn't make it up to class.

Not to bore you with much story I graduated and went for my one year compulsory national youth service,
After my service I began to see things have never seen before

# I saw expectation from parent and young ones
# I saw frustration which grows more and more in their eyes every time I greet them in the morning
# I equally saw aggression and I noticed they start picking up offences on trivia issues and everything I do wether good or bad never mean nothing to them.. 'they just want me out'
seeing all this my standoffishness start growing and I start going cold and felt the distance though we were under one roof

I think the only thing they fail to verbalize is that they are tired of seeing my jobless face around, I might not have an encyclopedic knowledge about what am talking about right now coz am still fresh compare to 3,4,5 years graduate out there, honestly I really feel for them, can't just imagine the kind of rejection they will by now be facing..

Now the bottom line still remains.. Of course No youth is waiting for a white collar job that has never being forth coming, equally I believed no reasonable youth out there still uses their precious time studying GMAT rather... "well I don't know about you but I gave up that habit long time ago "

All we ever ask for is a conducive environment where we can hustle hard doing the day and sleep with our eyes closed at night knowing we are safe..

Give us the basic necessities that even if we have to venture into selling of ICE BLOCK we won't have to buy fuel powering our refrigerators

If all this are not in place then am afraid sooner or later this poor Nigerians youth gonna hold their breath, hold their noises and take a Jump!

watchout!!!

Have written so much article, Many about my country some about issues that concerns my leaders of which many thoughts am being sentimental but lately I noticed have not really talked about myself, it is on that note I tag this

MY STORY

Like my facebook page www.facebook.com/Emmyblog or visit my website that will be up soon

(c) Emmy Blog
Re: My Story by Nobody: 2:40am On Jun 30, 2016
Storyline is poorly though out, sentences arent aligned and obvious spelling errors...Improve on those....

(1) (Reply)

Beer Sister / The Other Room / In Pursuit Of Goodness - by TheCOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.