Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor (44635 Views)

Profile Of Uche Secondus, PDP National Chairman AKA The “Total Chairman” / I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah / Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by DLioness(f): 5:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
doctokwus:
Kangaroo courts flying all about.
Within less than 2hrs of the news of INEC issuing Ogar a certificate of return,a case has been instituted at d state high court ,a judge made available and a typed order produced,in Nigeria!
It was for this same Ikpeazu appointed and influenced state high court judges dat d original case was transferred from d state high court to a federal high court.
Ikpeazu's case is bad.Its only a corrupt judge that wud not see d fraud in d tax papers he presented.So he can pretend all he can,but it's obvious that Ikpeazu is now d temporary occupier of the office.
EFCC shud keep a close eye on d state accounts to avoid embezzlement and tampering of bank and contract papers because many corrupt politicians now know that d efcc can track a lot of fraudulent deals.
I retract.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by crazymod: 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2016
Things like are not new in igbo land.
Uba vs ngige, even orji used corrupt judges to stay in power.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Cannonleo(m): 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2016
The desperation is high. The funny thing is that ikpeazus kingsmen who are well know to shout fire and brimstone are surprisingly quiet, shows a whole lot of the picture

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by zik4ever: 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2016
I hope desperate politicians and power mongers will not endanger our hard-earned democracy? Not that democracy has delivered expected developmental dividends though but at least there is hope of continuous learning and improvement. Pray for Nigeria!
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by dmediator555(m): 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
This is the stay of execution that should have
been served to INEC since yesterday so they can
desist from issuing a return certificate to Ogar.
I guess Ikpeazu lawyers had to rally round to get
the order today.
Meanwhile, that order is not coming from an
appellate court but rather from a State High
Court which is of a lower jurisdiction. I hope
Ikpeazu will not shoot himself in the foot by
getting a kangaroo court order rather than from
the appellate court. This is the same way he
hurriedly prepared a tax certificate with date as
saturday.

kahal29:

Am telling you

Abeg o, no vex... You are telling what, na you talk? Naija with der pattern eh....
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by MrBUN86(m): 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
So the judge allowed you to snap dis and post here.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2016
kcnwaigbo:
Lolz!!! Game of thrones!!!!season 7!! Ikpeazu no won carry last!!
if na u.
You go carry
last.
You know no say power sweet

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Ododoeye0020(m): 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2016
MRUNN:
High Court of Abia State stops the newly declared governor from swearing in.
Season Film
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Hencharld(m): 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2016
Abeg make our judiciary the reason sometimes, person wea no do election how the go tell INEC make the swear in.
Ugah, him no see sey Dr. Ikpeazu the work for Abia.
Abeg, make Ugah go rest.
Ikpeazu, abeg chill the sit na your own.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by ogbukara: 5:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
Uche ogah is the right man for abia state he is a good man he cares for the poor people when I visited his village in uturu abia state I saw many good things he did to poor people he builds hospital take good care of elderly people gives scholarship to many people in fact this is the type of people we need in Government uche ogah helps many people he is God sent to abia state

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by alujonjonkijon: 5:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
SpeedyConnect:

My friend you don't have a smattering of what you are saying.

That injunction was necessary because of the intricate nature if the case. An appeal had been filed so INEC shouldn't have given Ogar a Certificate of return. There ought to have been a stay pending the outcome of the appeal.

Again, what do you mean by that the matter was tranferred to Federal High Court because of Ikpeazu? Do you know that some matters can only be heard at Federal High Courts? Or you think it was transferred there so he wouldn't be able to influence it?

no sir.you are profoundly wrong.filing of appeal does not automatically stay a judgement and until set aside or stayed a subsisiting court order must be immediately complied with.

KATSINA-ALU JSC in AG ANAMBRA STATE V. AG FRN &ORS. said "An order or a judgment of court, no matter the fundamental vice that afflicts it, remains legally binding and valid until set aside by due process of law. The relief, in the circumstance, is therefore refused."

& in Denton-West v. Muoma the supreme court of Nigeria held that by virtue of the provisions of the court of Appeal Act and Rules, an appeal shall not ordinarily operate as a stay of execution.

That is the position of the law in Nigerian. The abia state high court has no power to sit over the decision of the federal high court and the filing of the appeal at the court of appeal does not automatically stay the execution of the judgement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by MrFabs(m): 5:52pm On Jun 30, 2016
kcnwaigbo:
Lolz!!! Game of thrones!!!!season 7!! Ikpeazu no won carry last!!
angry angry angry ; ; cheesy
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by nwadiuko1(m): 5:53pm On Jun 30, 2016
Cannonleo:
The desperation is high. The funny thing is that ikpeazus kingsmen who are well know to shout fire and brimstone are surprisingly quiet, shows a whole lot of the picture
their quietness is more dangerous than their brimstone
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Frankiss44(m): 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2016
skitcentral:
Battle of the Abians... We don't know king but the king in ABA...I don't care if he didn't file his tax returns properly. He's my governor from this day till the supreme Court removes him. The governor in the Aba!!!!!

Hahaha.. I see you Lord Mortmont
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by orebantu: 5:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
This is very wrong, the right application is to stay the execution of the judgment of the FHC, and this can only be done at the FHC or court of appeal if appeal have been entered already.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Earth2Metahuman: 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
Pyno30:
How much did Ogah pay that Fvcking Thief Judge?
justice abang is one of the most honest judge in nigeria.
Don't soil his name.

Any judgement from him, take it to world court, they will still affirm it.

Ikpeasu is as good as gone.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Frankiss44(m): 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
This is the stay of execution that should have been served to INEC since yesterday so they can desist from issuing a return certificate to Ogar.

I guess Ikpeazu lawyers had to rally round to get the order today.

Meanwhile, that order is not coming from an appellate court but rather from a State High Court which is of a lower jurisdiction. I hope Ikpeazu will not shoot himself in the foot by getting a kangaroo court order rather than from the appellate court. This is the same way he hurriedly prepared a tax certificate with date as saturday.

Stay of execution normally takes 21 days I think.. So why did INEC had to rush to issue the certificate to Ogar?
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Chiboboski: 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2016
iswallker:

are you smart at all. an injunction coming from a lower court to a federal high court cant fly...

its not easy for him to take the case to appeal because he realizes his tax certificates are forged.. grin
And besides that, a state high court cannot give an injunction on a federal body in Abula. They don't have such jurisdiction. If the chief judge of Abia refuses to swear the new governor in, NJC will raise panel of judges to do that and would punish him accordingly. The action of INEC today has removed Okezie officially as a governor and hence no immunity for him. This case is a test run to the removal of Ago Fayose by FG.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by izzou(m): 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
Lawyers just dey piss on top this thread

I dont have anything to comment

Lemme just learn today

Jurisdiction and Justification

Oyibooo.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Akiika: 6:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
Can we all now agree that democracy is not ideal for us. We need a brute but honest dictator to steer this country. Didn't the judge that issued this order know that it was a higher court that ordered the swearing in in the first place. He still went ahead to give the useless order. This is just a mockery of democracy. Arrant nonsense!
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by alujonjonkijon: 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
This is the stay of execution that should have been served to INEC since yesterday so they can desist from issuing a return certificate to Ogar.

I guess Ikpeazu lawyers had to rally round to get the order today.

Meanwhile, that order is not coming from an appellate court but rather from a State High Court which is of a lower jurisdiction. I hope Ikpeazu will not shoot himself in the foot by getting a kangaroo court order rather than from the appellate court. This is the same way he hurriedly prepared a tax certificate with date as saturday.

you are profoundly wrong,the abia state high court is not junior to the federal high court,they are in law and in fact refers to court of coordinate jurisdiction.And as a matter of fact the state high court being a court of unlimited jurisdiction ordinarily weighs more than the fhc which only has jurisdiction on certain specified matters.

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by obisite: 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
Lmao... Can't stop laughing seeing the INEC official speaking on obeying the court order... Said hes not ready to go to jail... His voice was so loud like one who did gave out the certificate of return with fear of being jailed.... Lol. gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Cannonleo(m): 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
nwadiuko1:
their quietness is more dangerous than their brimstone
confusion laced with indifference is what I see, many have admitted that the unseen arrangements between ochendo and abaribe as regards allocations have tainted the aura he seems to posses . My two kobo
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by OlujobaSamuel: 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2016
Frankiss44:

Stay of execution normally takes 21 days I think.. So why did INEC had to rush to issue the certificate to Ogar?
no bro, that's Election Tribunal, not a HC. He should have applied for stay of execution at the appeal court, it will be granted immediately if the court consider it to be valid. Appeal court don't delay it till ruling on substantive suit.
we don't need to allow the AGF to intervene as it will cause political crisis, he(on ogah's request) can just file a request to the CJN to assign a judge to do the swearing in ceremony as we have it during the rivers case, if that is done, ogah will be given state apparatus to protect him, those of ikpeazu withdrawn. Then we have crisis upon crisis till 2019.
The governor should just seek for a stay of execution at the appellate court immediately, that's the best solution for him.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

What stopped them from getting a stay of execution from the appeal court where they filed an appeal? He went to an Osisioma high court to get a stay of execution order against a Federal High court ruling? Who is his legal adviser abeg?
Lmao

Ikpeazu's lawyer just chopped his money.

Can't stop laughing grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by dracosith(m): 6:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
Game of thrones abia season 16

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by nwadiuko1(m): 6:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
Cannonleo:
confusion laced with indifference is what I see, many have admitted that the unseen arrangements between ochendo and abaribe as regards allocations have tainted the aura he seems to posses . My two kobo
story for waterside!
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Frankiss44(m): 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

no bro, that's Election Tribunal, not a HC. He should have applied for stay of execution at the appeal court, it will be granted immediately if the court consider it to be valid. Appeal court don't delay it till ruling on substantive suit.
we don't need to allow the AGF to intervene as it will cause political crisis, he(on ogah's request) can just file a request to the CJN to assign a judge to do the swearing in ceremony as we have it during the rivers case, if that is done, ogah will be given state apparatus to protect him, those of ikpeazu withdrawn. Then we have crisis upon crisis till 2019.
The governor should just seek for a stay of execution at the appellate court immediately, that's the best solution for him.

Hmmm.. Alright. Let's just hope it doesn't get to that... I think the governor has already done that anyway.. So what's going to happen to the certificate given to Ogar? Is he going to keep it till the case is dusted in both the appeal and supreme Court?
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by phenase(m): 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
I LOVE THIS DREAM, PLEASE NO ONE SHOULD WAKE ME UP. I PLEAD.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by obisite: 6:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
Frankiss44:

Nothing like they rush.. Check out the judgement, it's was said to be issued with immediate effect,, You need to watch the INEC official who issue the certificate on channels news.. He was adressing the press sef with fear of being jailed... I couldn't stop laughing... He said "I'm not ready to go to jail, 'who am i not to obey court order," shebi na to issue certificate of return" that is what I've just do, if court says otherwise, i will do what court says
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by dracosith(m): 6:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
This is what happens wen the president of a nation does not respect court orders. PMB crippled the judicial system. He is really working to be d last president of Nigeria.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Frankiss44(m): 6:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
obisite:

Nothing like they rush.. Check out the judgement, it's was said to be issued with immediate effect,, You need to watch the INEC official who issue the certificate on channels news.. He was a dressing the press sef with fear of being jailed... I couldn't stop laughing... He said "I'm not ready to go to jail, 'who am i not to obey court order," shebi na to issue certificate of return" that is what I've just do, if court says otherwise, i will do what court says

Lolz.. Okay oh. Our judiciary should not be causing the unnecessary tension oh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jagaba Adams Dumps APC For PDP / Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets / #EndSARS: Sharia Supreme Council Of Nigeria Visits Oba Of Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.