Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor (44639 Views)

Profile Of Uche Secondus, PDP National Chairman AKA The “Total Chairman” / I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah / Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by sonoforogun(m): 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
Lol, that is not a stamp; it's a "SEAL". Chai! Nairaland!
Chosen1984:
SEE STAMPING! BEING A WHILE I SAW SUCH ORIGINAL STAMP
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Maski87: 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
These ikpeazu people are now desperspective
#drowning man grabbing at straws
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by blackgig(m): 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
IVORY2009:

Okay baba now call it Kangaroo court, when it comes frm the FG "Court" it is perfect, u are one of the most difficult person I have ever come across shocked

Think about this: A "General Manager" gives a directive, you are not fine with it, instead of going to the "Head of Department" to state your case, you approach a "Manager" and the "Manager" directs that the "General Managers' " directive be put on hold. Will this make any sense?

Now who is the most difficult person? Lets be objective please.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by kcnwaigbo: 6:26pm On Jun 30, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

no bro, that's Election Tribunal, not a HC. He should have applied for stay of execution at the appeal court, it will be granted immediately if the court consider it to be valid. Appeal court don't delay it till ruling on substantive suit.
we don't need to allow the AGF to intervene as it will cause political crisis, he(on ogah's request) can just file a request to the CJN to assign a judge to do the swearing in ceremony as we have it during the rivers case, if that is done, ogah will be given state apparatus to protect him, those of ikpeazu withdrawn. Then we have crisis upon crisis till 2019.
The governor should just seek for a stay of execution at the appellate court immediately, that's the best solution for him.

As long as abia has a state CJ no other judge can swear in anyone as Governor.Rivers did not have a state CJ hencr the need for bayelsa cj to swear him in

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by akilo1: 6:26pm On Jun 30, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

What stopped them from getting a stay of execution from the appeal court where they filed an appeal? He went to an Osisioma high court to get a stay of execution order against a Federal High court ruling? Who is his legal adviser abeg?
i am a lawyer with over 100years experience,stay of execution is stay of execution,no matter where it come from

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by kan12(m): 6:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
A whole Eminent lecture to be delivered by Ikoeazu in Abia varsity was cancelled because of this.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by kcnwaigbo: 6:29pm On Jun 30, 2016
blackgig:

Think about this: A "General Manager" gives a directive, you are not fine with it, instead of going to the "Head of Department" to state your case, you approach a "Manager" and the "Manager" directs that the "General Managers' " directive be put on hold. Will this make any sense?

The federal high court is not higher than th state high court dear.They bith have equal jurisdiction
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by obisite: 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2016
akilo1:
i am a lawyer with over 100years experience,stay of execution is stay of execution,no matter where it come from

Over 100 years of experience.... Even the great justice oputa isn't of 100 years of experience..... gringringrin

4 Likes

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Amankalizer(m): 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2016
God help Abia. Let ur will be done. Help ur state oh Lord.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by nwadiuko1(m): 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
blackgig:

lol its not like that bro......a federal high court and a state high court has concurrent jurisdiction on some issues like enforcement of fundamental human rights, but as a matter of fact a state high court has unlimited jurisdiction while a federal high court doesnt.....i don't expect you to understand sha

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by gfullmoon(m): 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
Most of you are missing something here. Dr Ikpeazu could have run to INEC to "settle" not to issue the Certificate of Return to Dr Ogah. This Dr Ogah guy seemed to have perfected his way even though INEC. Where was INEC when Supreme Court ordered for the withdrawal of Certificate of Return from Senator Andy Uba, Senator Uche Ekwunife and Issued same to Chris Uba and co. Where was INEC when same Federal High Court ruled for Dr Ikpeazu's Certificate of Return be returned and issued to Alex Otti. Most Nigerian Court is cash and carry or pay as you go. Dr Ogah might be sworned in today or next by Ebonyi or Rivers Chief Judge. Dr Ikpeazu and Senator T A Oji might have lost this battle to this multi billionaire Dr Ogah. Alex Otti will be bracing up to go court again to ask the court to nullify the PDP result into to, and to declare him winner as the Second Runner Up since the then PDP Candidate was not qualify to stand for the said election. Lawyer go chop nah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by MaziOmenuko: 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2016
Frankiss44:

Stay of execution normally takes 21 days I think.. So why did INEC had to rush to issue the certificate to Ogar?

Once a case is adjudged, you have a window of 3 days to file an appeal (I will have to check to confirm this).
After that duration, all respondents can carry out what the court ruling states.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by MaziOmenuko: 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
akilo1:

Really? Over 100yrs experience in law? Did you join that of your great grand father to yours?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by OlujobaSamuel: 6:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
Frankiss44:

Hmmm.. Alright. Let's just hope it doesn't get to that... I think the governor has already done that anyway.. So what's going to happen to the certificate given to Ogar? Is he going to keep it till the case is dusted in both the appeal and supreme Court?
the ruling of any court is like a policy statement, it needs implementation to stand. if the appeal stops the implementation temporarily(stay of execution), the document in ogah's hand will be put on hold till ruling is given by the appeal court, if the appeal court ruling favors ogah, the governor needs to seek for another stay of execution at the supreme court if he knows he still wants to appeal further and don't want the implementation of the appeal court ruling.
it's not like he can't get the order from the appeal court, even if ogah's apc(which he is not), the order is not one court grant on party affiliation, getting it from the SHC will cause kasala.
They should just do quick and let the state enjoy whosoever will govern the state.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by MrBUN86(m): 6:50pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hahahahaha.... osisioma Ngwa division. Laugh wan kill me ooo

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by NICENEDU29: 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2016
sharonbaron:
This man reasons like his predecessor ta orji didn't his legal adviser or his attorney general explain to him that once you have appealed against a decision you can apply for stay of execution in the appeal court against the decision of the trial court. Of what use is the essence of this injunction if not to attract unnecessary attention
In addition to what u said, if what I read earlier today is true that INEC has issued a certificate of return to Uche Oga, it means that the 1st injunctive order goes to no issue because it is trite law that an injunction cannot be granted against a completed act.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 30, 2016
In the game of thrones, you win or you die!!!
Hungry, thieving Nigerian politicians are there nit to serve the masses but to enrich themselves!!!
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by badesco(m): 7:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
What is the cost of getting an injuction? That Governor would have spent so much to get that quick injuction.....well na state money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by bejeria101(m): 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
*In p-square voice* wahala dey! Wahala dey!
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by OBAFEMIawolowo: 7:26pm On Jun 30, 2016
Aba made court
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by buksaylor001: 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
Lordjunta:
Uche Oga Federal High Court Onye Ikpeazu,
Onye Ikpeazu Osisioma Ngwa High court Uche Oga.
Whose own get weight pass?

How can a high court give an order stopping the order of a federal court?
Nigeria na wa o-

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by MyX1: 7:29pm On Jun 30, 2016
ogbukara:
Uche ogah is the right man for abia state he is a good man he cares for the poor people when I visited his village in uturu abia state I saw many good things he did to poor people he builds hospital take good care of elderly people gives scholarship to many people in fact this is the type of people we need in Government uche ogah helps many people he is God sent to abia state
Like Rochas was to Imo State b4 he turn to Tiger.
Like Orji Uzo Kalu was to Abia State.

Mr man, you beter go and sit down ok!
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by buksaylor001: 7:32pm On Jun 30, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

the ruling of any court is like a policy statement, it needs implementation to stand. if the appeal stops the implementation temporarily(stay of execution), the document in ogah's hand will be put on hold till ruling is given by the appeal court, if the appeal court ruling favors ogah, the governor needs to seek for another stay of execution at the supreme court if he knows he still wants to appeal further and don't want the implementation of the appeal court ruling.
it's not like he can't get the order from the appeal court, even if ogah's apc(which he is not), the order is not one court grant on party affiliation, getting it from the SHC will cause kasala.
They should just do quick and let the state enjoy whosoever will govern the state.

A state high court and a federal court,which is higher?

This is judicial rascality -
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Frankiss44(m): 7:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

Okay... Now I get. Thanks for taking time to explain.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by EzeNri(m): 7:42pm On Jun 30, 2016
meltiplexer:

Igbo and money are like garri and kulikuli,let the season film continue.E ni duro wotun
Yorubas and dirtiness are like garri and kulikuli. You don't have to insult the Igbos. Face ur front nd allow Igbos sort themselves out. Ndi agburu ndi nmo Ozi ahu achuturu n'elugwe (Descendants of fallen a***ls)

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by OlujobaSamuel: 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2016
buksaylor001:

A state high court and a federal court,which is higher?

This is judicial rascality -
in this case, the SHC is wrong in giving such order, even a FHC can't give such order, the order should have come from a higher court, however no superior or inferior amongst the duo, the have equal power(concurrent jurisdiction) on matters that concerns them.
Although, I'm not a lawyer, I'm sure of my stand because I do dedicate my time in studying of law, but a lawyer can still help us out with unbiased analysis.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by sharonbaron(m): 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
NICENEDU29:

In addition to what u said, if what I read earlier today is true that INEC has issued a certificate of return to Uche Oga, it means that the 1st injunctive order goes to no issue because it is trite law that an injunction cannot be granted against a completed act.
If i were him i will sack those lawyer's representing him and Sue them for professional negligence at times i wonder how people who have spent many decades in the legal profession be reasoning like new wigs.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Sylvester70(m): 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2016
still chilling with my orijin and nkwobi wetin i knw be say ikpeazu onya red card at least make abians happy by leaving that sit chikina.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Tarzaa(m): 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2016
.......and what's happening?
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by precious1967(m): 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
Cannonleo:
The desperation is high. The funny thing is that ikpeazus kingsmen who are well know to shout fire and brimstone are surprisingly quiet, shows a whole lot of the picture
the elders in abia are on sabatical leave for now but in case d president intervenes they ll wake up and critise.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Onyemaboy(m): 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
Can this hold water? A lower court stopping the ruling of a higher court. This is what i call last minute garagara by ikpeazu.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by 1miccza: 10:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
Lordjunta:
Uche Oga Federal High Court Onye Ikpeazu,
Onye Ikpeazu Osisioma Ngwa High court Uche Oga.
Whose own get weight pass?

Guy all na high court now. Me sef i dey go find my own high court for junction mtttchhh sorry conjunction oooohhh injection make i turn Governor too...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nkem Okeke: Why Anambra Deputy Governor Defected To APC - APGA / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / PDP Suspends Chimaroke Nnamani, Fayose Oluwajomiloju, Ayeni Funso, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.