Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor (44634 Views)

Profile Of Uche Secondus, PDP National Chairman AKA The “Total Chairman” / I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah / Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by nwadiuko1(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
see as every body don turn consultant in legal affairs......

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by olufoluke: 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
Watching in 3D with HD TV.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Pyno30: 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2016
How much did Ogah pay that Fvcking Thief Judge?
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by alujonjonkijon: 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
the state high court cannot stay an order of a federal high court ,only the court of appeal can do that.inec should go ahead and issue the certificate and swear ogar in.

The abia state high court judge will receive a query from njc.what he did amounts to causing exercising appellate powers over the decision of a court of equal power and at the same time denied Ogar the fruits of his victory at the federal high court contrary to what the supreme court of Nigeria (craig jsc)said in NWABUEZE V. NWOSU "...a court will not, as a matter of course, deprive a successful litigant of the fruits of his success unless there are "very special circumstances" for doing so."

& in NIMB LTD v UBN LTD,the supreme court of nigeria(acholonu jsc) said ''The theory of justice to which we adhere rests a priori on the premise that there must be certainty and parties to the legal duel should be in a position to know where they stand at a certain time. A system of law where Judges of the same degree i.e. of co-ordinate jurisdiction make contradictory and inconsistent orders in respect of the same subject matter involving the same parties i.e. each relying on his whims, caprices, prejudices and sometimes a vaunting ego, makes nonsense and mockery of the law. The beauty or what I might describe as the romance of law is that just as stare decisis exercises a restraining influence on our courts, so too do discipline in the courts in dutifully adhering to normative order by which courts of co-ordinate jurisdiction do not sit on appeals on each other, attracts respect for the law.''

6 Likes

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by kcnwaigbo: 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
CACAWA:
no. inec is not bound by this injunction because the FHC's order came first and there is no superior court's order against it yet. Sorry

Lolz!! Oya go and swear in Ogah let us see!!!
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
Political crincum cracum.wetin concern me sef
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by madapcmod: 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2016
apc want to scatter pdp. evil people angry
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by KINGinVAHALA: 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2016
Firefire:
Orisirisi
Nigeria is becoming a huge joke.

And it bleeds the hearts of those with genuine love for the country.
May God Help Us All!

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Cherishing(f): 5:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
kahal29:

Tell Nwadiuko and his Co Travellers Oooooooooooooo. They should rush to appeal court to get an injunction and stay of execution not a local government high court.
Lwkmh
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by kcnwaigbo: 5:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
alujonjonkijon:
the state high court cannot stay an order of a federal high court ,only the court of appeal can do that.inec should go ahead and issue the certificate and swear ogar in.

Sorry dear.INEC has no power to swear in anyone as Governor only the CJ does and she is very law abiding and will not disobey a valid court order
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Duru009(m): 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ikpeazu ur time is up......

Fightin for ur life.....

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by polygamist: 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
When the wound of defeat was already healing, giving energy back to those who had lost in the elections to get their act together for another trial, some people want to cause chaos through unnecessary court actions. When are we going to move forward without being selfish.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by bonna4u(m): 5:14pm On Jun 30, 2016
Which kind nollywood movie be dis? angry angry
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by anyicash(m): 5:14pm On Jun 30, 2016
The same High court that sacked Okezie and decleard Ogah winner has refused the swearing in..hahahah.. They HIGH Court is Indeed HIGH on Oshogbo weed.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by bonna4u(m): 5:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
Which kind nollywood movie be dis? angry angry
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by saintdennis(m): 5:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
kcnwaigbo:
Lolz!!! Game of thrones!!!!season 7!! Ikpeazu no won carry last!!

Taaah the only thing that can match game of thrones is if buhari ,amaechi n tinubu begin fight themselves lols

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
Nonsense decision by Okosisi High Court.

See handwritten judgement with no reference number.

See alterations without signatures cry

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by nwadiuko1(m): 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
kahal29:

Tell Nwadiuko and his Co Travellers Oooooooooooooo. They should rush to appeal court to get an injunction and stay of execution not a local government high court.
I shake my head at your ignorance bro
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by prof800(m): 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
Federal high court say this, State high court say that.
Ha, war in Abia.
ILoveUturu. Ndi Osisioma how market? grin
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Banter1(m): 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2016
This is what PMB mean when he said judiciary is his problem.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Adeyinka123: 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
NIGERIA SEEMS NOT TO BE REAL. There are good many Actors and Actresses on stage. Nigeria is a Cinema.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by Ucbiu(m): 5:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
grin shocked cool

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by todayguest(m): 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2016
The action of the court came a bit late. INEC should not have issued a certificate of return to Ogah pending the determination of the Appeal already instituted by Gov. Okezie in an higher court.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by hardbody: 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
This is the stay of execution that should have been served to INEC since yesterday so they can desist from issuing a return certificate to Ogar.

I guess Ikpeazu lawyers had to rally round to get the order today.

Meanwhile, that order is not coming from an appellate court but rather from a State High Court which is of a lower jurisdiction. I hope Ikpeazu will not shoot himself in the foot by getting a kangaroo court order rather than from the appellate court. This is the same way he hurriedly prepared a tax certificate with date as saturday.

My practice is going rusty but i thought the SHC and FHC are courts of concurrent jurisdiction except however that the FHC has exclusive jurisdiction on the commencement of some matters. Or were you referring to the appellate court?

MODIFIED

I quoted the wrong post, sorry.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by precious1967(m): 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
politicians are ur friends dey are fighting 4 ur cause.
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by meltiplexer: 5:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
This is the stay of execution that should have been served to INEC since yesterday so they can desist from issuing a return certificate to Ogar.

I guess Ikpeazu lawyers had to rally round to get the order today.

Meanwhile, that order is not coming from an appellate court but rather from a State High Court which is of a lower jurisdiction. I hope Ikpeazu will not shoot himself in the foot by getting a kangaroo court order rather than from the appellate court. This is the same way he hurriedly prepared a tax certificate with date as saturday.

Igbo and money are like garri and kulikuli,let the season film continue.E ni duro wotun
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by syjaye(m): 5:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
nain I go chop
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by iswallker(m): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

This injuction will serve as the stay of execution since INEC wants to play smart.Dem say cunny man die cunny man bury am.

are you smart at all. an injunction coming from a lower court to a federal high court cant fly...

its not easy for him to take the case to appeal because he realizes his tax certificates are forged.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by nickxtra(m): 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
Wahala dey o. Two Governors in one state grin
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by SpeedyConnect(m): 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
doctokwus:
Kangaroo courts flying all about.
Within less than 2hrs of the news of INEC issuing Ogar a certificate of return,a case has been instituted at d state high court ,a judge made available and a typed order produced,in Nigeria!
It was for this same Ikpeazu appointed and influenced state high court judges dat d original case was transferred from d state high court to a federal high court.
Ikpeazu's case is bad.Its only a corrupt judge that wud not see d fraud in d tax papers he presented.So he can pretend all he can,but it's obvious that Ikpeazu is now d temporary occupier of the office.
EFCC shud keep a close eye on d state accounts to avoid embezzlement and tampering of bank and contract papers because many corrupt politicians now know that d efcc can track a lot of fraudulent deals.

My friend you don't have a smattering of what you are saying.

That injunction was necessary because of the intricate nature if the case. An appeal had been filed so INEC shouldn't have given Ogar a Certificate of return. There ought to have been a stay pending the outcome of the appeal.

Again, what do you mean by that the matter was tranferred to Federal High Court because of Ikpeazu? Do you know that some matters can only be heard at Federal High Courts? Or you think it was transferred there so he wouldn't be able to influence it?
Re: Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor by kcnwaigbo: 5:29pm On Jun 30, 2016
iswallker:

are you smart at all. an injunction coming from a lower court to a federal high court cant fly...

its not easy for him to take the case to appeal because he realizes his tax certificates are forged.. grin

He has already appealed against the judgement at the appeal court.The matter will definitely get to the appeal court and finally supreme court before it is settled.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets / Soldiers Nab Bomb Makers In Gombe (see What They Recovered) / Jagaba Adams Dumps APC For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.