Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,592 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government (1182 Views)

INEC Pastes Notice Of Melaye’s Recall Process / PDP Lied,They Did Not Evacuate Refuse Dump At Douglas Road,Owerri(See Photos) / INEC Lied Again: Proof That INEC Was Served IKPEAZU Appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by olokfor: 7:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
Contrary to claims by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that they did not receive any Notice of Appeal from Governor Okezie Ikpeazu or an injunction stopping the Commission from issuing a Certificate of Return to Dr. Uche Ugah, the Attorney General of Abia State, Mr. Umeh Kalu, has said that INEC lied in its claims.

A proof service has shown that the Commission did indeed receive the two important documents and it was signed for by Saleh N. Ibrahim, Senior Clerical Officer at the Legal Services Department of the Commission's Headquarters, Abuja, who stamped the Notice of Appeal and Injunction with the Commission's official stamp by 12.50pm on Wednesday, June 29, 2016.

"It's unfortunate that INEC said that it was not served. But the truth is that they were served. I have a proof to that. Saleh N. Ibrahim, Senior Clerical Officer at the Legal Services Department of the Commission's Headquarters, Abuja, who stamped the Notice of Appeal and Injunction with the Commission's official stamp by 12.50pm on Wednesday, June 29, 2016.

"With the foregoing, it is now clear that the Commission had no reason or cause to proceed with their dangerous action of issuing a Certificate of Return to Dr. Uche Ogah when it was clearly in receipt of a Notice of Appeal and Stay of Execution expressly forbidding them from taking any further action on the Judgment of Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court pending the determination of the Appeal in the case.

"It is rather surprising that the Commission could lend itself to be used for an act capable of destabilizing a State in Nigeria with the attendant consequences for anarchy and breakdown of law and order." Kalu said.

The Abia State Government wishes to reiterate for the umpteenth time that Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu remains the Governor of Abia State irrespective of whatever order was issued by the Federal High Court and the consequential actions of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) pending the full exhaustion of all judicial avenues of seeking redress.

Abia State is a peaceful State consisting of law-abiding citizens but their patience should not be stretched and their civility taken for granted. The citizens of Abia State will resist any attempt to subvert their will which they freely expressed at the polls and which was affirmed by the Supreme Court.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/photos-inec-lied-they-were-severed.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by HungerBAD: 7:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
This does not prove anything.

This matter has now become a case of who said what,and whom to believe. But common sense tells me to believe the INEC.

James Hadley Chase said, in one of his books "One Murder leads to another murder" and in this Governors case,one lie leads to another lie.

First,it was a lie that brought him in as the Governor,so a foundation built on lies will be a lying Government.

I stand on the side of INEC.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by dmediator555(m): 7:18pm On Jun 30, 2016
The guy above me is Fantastically terrible

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
When I said that APC led federal govt have a hand in what is happening in Abia state,some political infants will start misbehaving.

My advise to ndi Abia and ndigbo in general is that they should be careful of what APC is stocking for them.

APC has already made a deal with Ogah for him to defect to APC after sewearin-in.the tried it with OTTI and failed now,the have resurrected the plan again with Ogah.

Ask yourself, why INEC is so much in a hurry to issue certificate to Ogah?

Ask yourself what that INEC official meant by "the judgement that declare Ogah to be sworn in was fantastic?

The Ogah of PDP primary in 2015 is different from the OGA of today(he has been bought over by tinubu and his cohorts)
Say no to another okorocha in igboland.
Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by olokfor: 7:19pm On Jun 30, 2016

Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
M
Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by CACAWA(m): 7:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
Notice of appeal only holds water in a post election matter (election tribunal)

This one is different, you need a stay of execution.
Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by anwe: 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
We de watch to see the real culprit of corruption. APC corrupting the people since 2013.
Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
HungerBAD:

This matter has now become a case of who said what,and whom to believe. But common sense tells me to believe the INEC.

James Hadley Chase said, in one of his books "One Murder leads to another murder" and in this Governors case,one lie leads to another lie.

First,it was a lie that brought him in as the Governor,so a foundation built on lies will be a lying Government.

I thought you wanted to make a good assertion but,was disappointed that you just showed how empty you are

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by anwe: 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2016
We de watch to see the real culprit of corruption. APC corrupting the people since 2013.

- resign or face prosecution......... This is a statement of corruption
Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2016
CACAWA:

Shut it when u see matters that are beyond u capacity.

So government will go ahead and execute a criminal based on high court order even,when the criminal has appealed at the appeal court?
Maybe,after executing the criminal,government will resurrect him if appeal court discharge and acquit him at the end?
Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by CACAWA(m): 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
frankline5:

Shut it when u see matters that are beyond u capacity.

So government will go ahead and execute a criminal based on high court order even,when the criminal has appealed at the appeal court?
Maybe,after executing the criminal,government will resurrect him if appeal court discharge and acquit him at the end?
you need help. mumu
Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by nwadiuko1(m): 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
HungerBAD:

you are a big fool
Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by nwadiuko1(m): 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
CACAWA:

is it that you didn't read well or that you can't understand? nigga notice of appeal and stay of execution was served to this people, there is something funny going on and it doesn't look good at all.......the outcome might be chaos
Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by CACAWA(m): 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
nwadiuko1:
is it that you didn't read well or that you can't understand? nigga notice of appeal and stay of execution was served to this people, there is something funny going on and it doesn't look good at all.......the outcome might be chaos
You are the Nigga here.

In case you need me to help you. The stay of execution INEC was served with was from a STATE HIGH COURT.

It cannot set aside or interfere with the order of a Federal High Court which is of coordinate jurisdiction.

You niggas need to request the Court of Appeal to grant you a STAY of EXECUTION...not just mere notice of appeal.
Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by nwadiuko1(m): 8:43pm On Jun 30, 2016
CACAWA:
You are the Nigga here.

In case you need me to help you. The stay of execution INEC was served with was from a STATE HIGH COURT.

It cannot set aside or interfere with the order of a Federal High Court which is of coordinate jurisdiction.

You niggas need to request the Court of Appeal to grant you a STAY of EXECUTION...not just mere notice of appeal.
please sir, go back to the top of the thread, read it carefully downwards, then come back and comment..... thanks
Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
HungerBAD:

Is your WAEC certificate missing also?
Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by CACAWA(m): 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2016
nwadiuko1:
please sir, go back to the top of the thread, read it carefully downwards, then come back and comment..... thanks
sir pls calm down...I am not saying no injuction was issued...two documents were submitted.

one was notice of appeal (court of appeal)
second, stay of execution (from state high court)

do you agree?
Re: PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government by TheFreeOne: 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
With the foregoing, it is now clear that the Commission had no reason or cause to proceed with their dangerous action of issuing a Certificate of Return to Dr. Uche Ogah when it was clearly in receipt of a Notice of Appeal and Stay of Execution expressly forbidding them from taking any further action on the Judgment of Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court pending the determination of the Appeal in the case.

"It is rather surprising that the Commission could lend itself to be used for an act capable of destabilizing a State in Nigeria with the attendant consequences for anarchy and breakdown of law and order." Kalu said.

Seems there's been a 'deal' behind the scene for the ogah to take over asap. But the question and concern is at what price

My Igbo brothers / sisters over to you whilst you shine your eyes.

(1) (Reply)

Court Affirms Ikpeazu As Governor Says Certificate Not Forged / Breaking News!!!..united States Payed 2 Billion Dollars For Turkey Coup / PHOTOS: GEJ Arrives Lusaka International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.