Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Why Are So Many Brilliant And Talented People So Brutally Unhappy And Sad? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Are So Many Brilliant And Talented People So Brutally Unhappy And Sad? (554 Views)

Celebrities Gets Heart Broken And Sad About The Death Of Dbanj's Son / VIDEO: Mercy Aigbe Breaks Down As She Opens Up On Her Abusive And Sad Marriage.. / Donjazzy Crazy To His Song "Uptosumting" And Sad With Fans [video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are So Many Brilliant And Talented People So Brutally Unhappy And Sad? by BizLifeE: 12:41am On Jul 01, 2016
I wanted her to tell me she "loved me". I needed to know.

I woke up and asked her. I read her emails to make sure she didn't love anyone else. I would go through her diary.

I put in keystroke loggers and got an email every time she typed in a new password anywhere.

I wanted certainty. I wanted to know everything. I was smart. And smart people know everything.

Then everything went to shit. Everything went downhill. Everything was a myth and a mistake. A myth-take (lisping).

Maybe I was a mentally ill. I can't say for sure since mentally ill people never know it for sure.

I am an addict. I have an addiction to "certainty".

The strongest mark of a pro versus an amateur is to be comfortable with uncertainty.

What does that mean?

It means:

- being uncertain in your relationships but doing your best. Doing the right thing.

- being uncertain about money. About career. But doing the best you can. Every day improving.

- being uncertain about health. But every day doing something to improve your physical health. The light shines on our soul just once, for the briefest of moments, make the light shine as bright as possible.

- being uncertain about politics, opinions, history, the world. The world unravels it's secrets to us very slowly. We'll never know anything for sure. So roll with it.

- being uncertain about success. There's no definition. Once we define it, we sentence ourselves to mostly failure as we try to meet our unrealistic expectations. Since all expectations are unrealistic.

Uncertainty equals happiness.

I used to be afraid to fly.

Once the turbulence started I would grip the sides and I was sure I was going to die. I would tell myself, "I am never going to fly again!" I would look around and wonder, "Why isn't everyone else panicking?" I would sweat and want to cry.

Stop shaking!

Gripping the side of the seat was like trying to control the plane's shaking. Trying to be certain.

Then I stopped being afraid to fly.

Here is what I did: I "leaned into it". Meaning (for me) I hoped in my head that the plane would crash. That the turbulence was maybe (or maybe not!) just the start of a tumble.

The tumble would send us spiraling to the ground. I hope for it. My expectations on survival were nil.

And then I stopped being afraid.

The more uncertain I am, the less afraid I am. The more uncertain I am, the more stories happen in my life. The more questions I have about the life around me. The more I try to improve. The more well-being I feel.

When the plane lands, as it always has, I feel like I am born again. Like angels have guided me down and there is still a mission yet to be revealed to me.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Why-are-so-many-brilliant-and-talented-people-so-brutally-unhappy-and-dissatisfied/answer/James-Altucher

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: Why Are So Many Brilliant And Talented People So Brutally Unhappy And Sad? by ouigy99(m): 12:57am On Jul 01, 2016
I am here to reveal your mission to you. Open that your cupboard, and look by the extreme right. There is the a small bottle there with the inscription boldly written...."SNIPER".

Now, take it out gently and avoid spilling it for it has a foul odour. Open your fridge, get that origin bitters, pour half of the origin in a glass cup, and then top it up with the SNIPER .

With this,you will sure be in that high level to right the most inspiring story in your life.
Re: Why Are So Many Brilliant And Talented People So Brutally Unhappy And Sad? by LordZero(m): 1:04am On Jul 01, 2016
checking emails, checking diary and putting keylogger!!!! the writer is sick .. some serial killer shii..

the writer needs rehab or just follow d advice above.. tongue tongue gringrin
Re: Why Are So Many Brilliant And Talented People So Brutally Unhappy And Sad? by hollas2jnr(m): 1:09am On Jul 01, 2016
OP... You need a shrink, period!
Re: Why Are So Many Brilliant And Talented People So Brutally Unhappy And Sad? by tolababa(m): 3:38am On Jul 01, 2016
Such is life
Re: Why Are So Many Brilliant And Talented People So Brutally Unhappy And Sad? by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 01, 2016
Hmmn.. Fear is a bad thing.

(1) (Reply)

Double Jay @realdoublejay Is Now A Father ( Adorable Photo Of His New Baby) / Nicki Minaj Celebrates 4th Of July With Racy Photos / BET Awards 2016: Lagos Girl In Los Angeles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.