Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,150 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Postcard Sent In 1960 Arrives More Than 55 Year Later! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Postcard Sent In 1960 Arrives More Than 55 Year Later! (678 Views)

Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it / My Wife Sent Her Nude Photos To Zenith Bank Manager In Delta - Man Cries Out / 88-year-old Man Seeks Divorce From 55-year-old Wife Over Infidelity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Postcard Sent In 1960 Arrives More Than 55 Year Later! by AquaPetals(f): 4:16am On Jul 01, 2016
A postcard written in 1960 has finally been delivered to an address in Llandudno, Wales, more than half a century later. The postcard arrived at the address in Lloyd Street West on Friday, June 24, 55 years, 10 months, and 13 days after it was posted from Cricklewood, London. Happily for recipient Yvonne Hume, the Royal Mail deemed the 3d stamp payment enough for the scenic route it took. Yvonne, 64, and her husband James, 67, said they would now love to see the card make it to whoever it was originally intended for. She said: “It was delivered on Friday and I thought ‘it looks like an old postcard’. When I saw the stamp I thought ‘That’s funny’ but I didn’t have my glasses on.
“Then my husband looked at it and said ‘No wonder it looks funny it’s been in the post for 50 years!’ He said ‘Talk about snail mail’.”
The postcard, addressed to Mrs B H Morgan, was apparently written by her cousins who were having a break in the capital. The postcard, showing London landmarks, reads: “Dear Cousins, just having a few days here, weather not so good but been around and seen place.

“I am with Edna and family. Going home today Thursday. Raining very heavy just now. Hope all are well and Dora’s enjoying her holiday. Love to all, from Olive xx.”

http://www.cynthiasunnieblog.com/2016/06/postcard-sent-in-1960-arrives-more-55.html?spref=tw

Re: Postcard Sent In 1960 Arrives More Than 55 Year Later! by cornel994(m): 4:48am On Jul 01, 2016
Epic...
Re: Postcard Sent In 1960 Arrives More Than 55 Year Later! by Bluette(f): 5:16am On Jul 01, 2016
Wow
Re: Postcard Sent In 1960 Arrives More Than 55 Year Later! by youngest85(m): 5:32am On Jul 01, 2016
D postee go don die sef

(1) (Reply)

When She Said I Am Owning Her One Blowing... / Sad Me / 2017, Big Challenges Ahead Of Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.