Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. (52238 Views)

Be 100% Sure Of The Property You Wish To Acquire At Ibeju Lekki / Land Without Document / LAND DOCUMENT OR TITLE To Know Before Buying Property In Lagos #Safety first (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by lawyer(m): 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
Oga I am going to make this very simple for you. Walk away from a Lease Agreement. It might not affect you now but it would destroy your children. Unless you convert it to a free hold you are walking on Thin Ice.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by whirlwind7(m): 7:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
cekhoe:
I think you need to go back to sleep,so you can wake up on the right side of your bed, I am so laughing my arse off right now, this is how people pay for the crime they didn't commit o grin,hehehehe mistaken identity, only that this case is just so funny to us,but unfortunately it's not to you as I can feel your frustration and anger increase with every mention and reply you have to give tongue grin grin grin

My sista, I tire o!
still can't figure out why everyone is on my neck over someone else's post.
The OP's moniker and mine doesn't even seem similar by a long shot. The obvious crime I committed was being the first to comment after the OP created the thread.
It's in the property section where I frequent most on NL. That the thread got splashed on the front page got every sort of shady characters creeping out the woodwork and invading the thread. Most of them didn't even know a property section exists in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by whirlwind7(m): 7:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
lawyer:
Oga I am going to make this very simple for you. Walk away from a Lease Agreement. It might not affect you now but it would destroy your children. Unless you convert it to a free hold you are walking on Thin Ice.

Cheers

Last bus stop! cheesy
The lawyer has spoken. The final authority on NL property section has given his opinion. So, take this advise to the bank.

Run as fast as your legs can carry you.
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by henrii: 7:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
whirlwind7:

And what makes you think I don't?
See this bonobo?
Gerrouttahere olodo! If u sabi like this why you come post?
Mumu

1 Like

Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by Enkyl(m): 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
whirlwind7:

Men who the hell is this one!!
Get this post off then and let us hear abeg!!!
Rubbish !!!
cry

1 Like

Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
whirlwind7:

My sista, I tire o!
still can't figure out why everyone is on my neck over someone else's post.
The OP's moniker and mine doesn't even seem similar by a long shot. The obvious crime I committed was being the first to comment after the OP created the thread.
It's in the property section where I frequent most on NL. That the thread got splashed on the front page got every sort of shady characters creeping out the woodwork and invading the thread. Most of them didn't even know a property section exists in the first place.
hehehehe, sorry o grin,just so funny, ftc has turned into a disadvantage
Modified: I can see more mentions grin I so don't wish to be ftc on this topic, kpele, this is so wierd undecided
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by whirlwind7(m): 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
Enkyl:

Men who the hell is this one!!
Get this post off then and let us hear abeg!!!
Rubbish !!!
cry

henrii:

See this bonobo?
Gerrouttahere olodo! If u sabi like this why you come post?
Mumu

I forgive you guys! grin
No need to argue or correct you anymore. Why should I? Your education was a waste.
Kindly go back to the first page and check who created the thread. I only commented afterwards.

And no need to apologize if you realize your error, because I already pardoned you.
Asswipes everywhere! grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by joegigs(m): 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
My guy d simple thing is you are not buying the property.the seller wants to dupe you.buying the property from him means you are completing the lease he applied, and when 70 years finishes you will lose the property to the original owner.unless, you see a document that shows that he is the legitimate owner my bros abandon the property. Or meet the original property owner who leased the property.
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by TheAdvocate(m): 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
whirlwind7:

because yu are asking for advice here.
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by mfm04622: 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
What that means is that the present user and occupier of the property is NOT the owner of the property. He just leased it. Of course , he can transfer his interest, but the new buyer I just buying the unused portion of the 75 years he leased from the owner. Leave that property and go look for another one.
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by chrispratt: 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
TheAdvocate:

because yu are asking for advice here.

He didn't create the post. Jeez. This is so weird.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by Icon79(m): 8:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
whirlwind7:

Obviously, you don't have a lawyer. Or else, your lawyer would've explained those clauses for you and you don't have to come to nairaland to seek help from total strangers.

Bottom line, go get a good lawyer. Don't be a typical Nigerian doing penny wise pound foolish.

O pari
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by nurez305(m): 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
whirlwind7:

And where did I ask any question? Are you confusing me for the OP?
Lolz, I just dey roll on the floor as some dundee they attack you for what you know nothing about. The first person that quote you cause it becos he is a learner, he mistakenly quote you instead of the op and other confuse set of people follow...whenever you are going out everyday, always pray that, what you know nothing about should not put you into trouble

1 Like

Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by Azeeztaophic(m): 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
Pls this is not good look else were.
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by Shallypop(f): 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
[quote author=whirlwind7 post=47113254]

This is so funny. They are still getting confused despite your explanation that you are not the op. I guess there r deliberately stressing u. Or what explanation do we have for this mix up?
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by moscobabs(m): 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
whirlwind7:

I forgive you guys! grin
No need to argue or correct you anymore. Why should I? Your education was a waste.
Kindly go back to the first page and check who created the thread. I only commented afterwards.

And no need to apologize if you realize your error, because I already pardoned you.
Asswipes everywhere! grin grin
guy u need prayer o

I just dey roll on floor as guys they attack u Ni even after correcting them wic kind soap u take bath today?

first to comment gone Bad!!!

sori o

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by MissSlimbody(f): 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
@whirlwind7 I recommend Prophet T.B Joshua o. 'Cos your case is strong cheesycheesycheesy

You sure say no be people from villa cause this one so?? gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by sweatlana: 8:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
beesammy:
According to land use act of 1978, there is no freehold interest in land, which means all land belongs to the Government, buyers only have leasehold interest for 99 years. That's one of the reasons you pay ground rent annually. In essence, WE ARE ALL LESSEES, some third parties are SUB-LESSES. Government is the actual LESSOR/ OUTRIGHT OWNER.

What of land that was acquired before 1978?
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by greatman247(m): 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
Pls don't buy such land. The document shows its fraud. Too much cleaning, that's not usually the case. The altercation renders the document void. Stay away from such land that may bring trouble in the future.
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by Obowo2: 9:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
LOLLZ @ whirlwind7 cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by baqina(m): 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
beesammy:
Because you have certificate of OCCUPANCY, (note, IT'S NOT CERTIFICATE OF OWNERSHIP). They have to compensate for exercising their power of eminent domain for overriding your right (unexpired leasehold interest). Government can only acquire land for public use (public schools, roads, prisons, hospitals etc), not to revoke your ownership and now transfer leasehold interest to an individual. I hope you find this informative.

Yap,i got your points but govt. has nothing to do in the case of the OP.

Land dispute cases are won by documents and evidences.In the case of the OP,the dispute will eventually involve the 3 parties (leasor,leasee and the sublease)

Considering the documents he has and his intention in owning the land,it is not advisable he goes ahead with the purchase....i think that is what the OP wants to hear.
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by basadenet: 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
It is better to buy a free hold property not lease hold. It is possible what is left on lease agreement is few years to expire.
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by ahahnow: 9:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
I hope they dupe you
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by obidevine(m): 9:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
OP, I advice you to seek the services of a competent lawyer , there is a competent property lawyer on Nairaland called "omonile lawyer" , this is his website (http://omonilelawyer.com) his phone numbers are on his site, contact him ASAP he will do justice to this your little hitch.
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by obidevine(m): 9:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
OP, I advice you to seek the services of a competent lawyer , there is a competent property lawyer on Nairaland called "omonile lawyer" , this is his website (http://omonilelawyer.com) his phone numbers are on his site, contact him ASAP he will do justice to this your little hitch. www.omonilelawyer.com... good luck.
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by andyanders: 10:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
I advise that you don't buy the land because after the expiration of the terms as stated therein, the original owner could come up with another terms in which you may be asked to pay another money on the property.

I advise you look for another property off that area but do get a lawyer to help you on this. Many people starts having problems after purchasing such property and I am glad op that you were able to seek for advise.
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by oracle009(m): 10:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
whirlwind7:

Guy... Calm down and listen to professional advises up there... You seek for advice, now you have advises. Takia!
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by niceeric(m): 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
whirlwind7 has been hit by a whirlwind looooool

I swear I don laugh tire!!!!!
,side don dey pain me sef!

thanks-the hitters of whirlwind and ofcourse NAIRALAND'S MAN OF THE DAY--WHIRLWIND for the hilarious comments ...y'all just made my very stressful day colorful just when it was about to end in black and white...Thanks for the laugh y'all

on a final note, I'll like to reiterate the prayers of beggars around my regular iju-agege route 'àkóbá àdábá, Olórun májè á ri'(need help in direct translation'....na so some people take enter kirikiri maximum prison o loool..

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by bekpo(m): 11:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
My advice to u is dt, check d document whether or not there's a clause preserving d right of the lesee (bc it's a lease property) to lease to a third party, if such clause is there, check d date of the lease on d document. That will give u d idea of d remaining year of d lease, u can now decide whether or not u can go ahead in d transaction. Because if u go ahead in d transaction, at the expiration of the deed, the priginal owners will show up for their property. Lest I forgot, check d document whether or not there's a clause reserving d right for renewal after expiration. If there is, u may carry d original owners along in d transaction.
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by Interchange: 12:03am On Jul 02, 2016
That's a lease agreement you have there. You are merely renting for the remainder of the 77 years.

LLM, BL.
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by Damibanti: 12:08am On Jul 02, 2016
I hope this land isn't within Ogudu
Re: Help! I Saw This On The Document Of The Property I Want To Buy. by precised: 12:34am On Jul 02, 2016
niceeric:
whirlwind7 has been hit by a whirlwind looooool
I swear I don laugh tire!!!!!
,side don dey pain me sef!
thanks-the hitters of whirlwind and ofcourse NAIRALAND'S MAN OF THE DAY--WHIRLWIND for the hilarious comments ...y'all just made my very stressful day colorful just when it was about to end in black and white...Thanks for the laugh y'all
on a final note, I'll like to reiterate the prayers of beggars around my regular iju-agege route 'àkóbá àdábá, Olórun májè á ri'(need help in direct translation'....na so some people take enter kirikiri maximum prison o loool..

The best laugh Iv had all day too, this is too funny, attack coming from left right and centre, he's not the OP, he only gave an advice lol

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment / Updated Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos / Osibona: My Ikoyi Building Projects Are Driven By Grace,Peace & Faith(Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.