Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode (34748 Views)

Street Traders And Hawkers Protest In Lagos / Street Traders And Hawkers Will Be Jail In Lagos From July 1- Ambode / Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Pavarottii(m): 10:03am On Jul 03, 2016
reborn1:

Go find the history of Awori people and stop asking dumb question little kid.

Everything is. Fight fight abi, from where u come from. I asked u a simple question. All I needed was a Yes or No Answer.
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by reborn1: 10:24am On Jul 03, 2016
Pavarottii:

Everything is. Fight fight abi, from where u come from. I asked u a simple question. All I needed was a Yes or No Answer.

I have just told you to go google search Awori people, whats even your own with my state. You are not from Lagos and crying more than the bereaved. Whats your problem little kid?
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by udysweet(f): 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
Came accross this on instagram and Thot I shd share. Very funny grin grin

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by teamchocolate: 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
franciskaine:
that you are comfortable doesn't mean others are. Government is for all and must accommodate all. Many will be displaced of their only means of livelihood, whr do dey start from? Is govt ready to arrest over 10,000 people doing street hawking? Which prison will accommodate dem? This policy will fail before 2months.

When did an aba boy who came to Lagos yesterday become ambos problem.. he will 'deport' them fashola style

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by LEXYCOM: 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2016
Absence of hawkers in lagos traffic will make journeys boring.......pls ambode, rethink
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by sweetgala(m): 10:46am On Jul 05, 2016
Pavarottii:

Am sure u r in Lagos state right? Is ur state of Origin Lagos state?

I don't believe in state of origin but state of redidenve.

Beyond that the fact remains same , times may be tough but that does not give reason for illegality
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by loopman: 10:54am On Jul 05, 2016
chuxjay:
“It is not in our DNA to allow someone to just die by road accident or the way it happened in respect of the incident.
But beyond the fact that we lost one person while crossing the road as a result of evading arrest by KAI officials, I need to tell Lagosians that over 49 buses were actually destroyed
and it is costing us like almost N139m to put those buses back on the road." - Gov. Ambode

The speech above was the governor's reaction to the incident that occurred earlier this week in Maryland, Lagos state. I am shocked that a sitting governor will say "beyond the fact that we lost one person......over 49 buses were destroyed and it will cost N139m." So the life of a Nigerian is nothing compared to the millions he mentioned? Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, that person was someone's son, brother, uncle, friend and above all a creature of God. You did not have to dismiss his death like it was one chicken that got killed on the road. He probably was one of the voters who gave you your mandate after standing in the sun just to cast his vote for you. I am truly shocked and disappointed in your statement and I expect you to retract that statement and issue a public apology to the parents of that Nigerian who could have been you if things had not been the way they are or even your own child or nephew. Law enforcement agents have caused so much avoidable deaths in the discharge of their duties in the most inhumane approach. Why chase someone on the highway? Please chase armed robbers in that way and not unarmed hungry Nigerians seeking for their daily bread. Govern with a human face. All power belongs to God! There is a day of reckoning! Do not destroy what you cannot create!

The life of the hawker that died is not worth 149M and the thousands of commuters that will suffer some discomfort when 49 buses are removed from the road if he can be hawking handkerchief of less than 10k
You may think I'm harsh, but that is the reality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Politician Kicks As His Mansion Is Demolished Few Weeks To Election. Photos / Osinbajo Formally Takes Over Villa Chapel / Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.