Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) (154333 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! / Big Brother Africa 4 Past Winners(how Much Are They Worth) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Nezan(m): 12:24pm On Sep 07, 2009
How 'real' are reality shows? undecided
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Gunnergal: 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2009
The crowd started quietening down as male housemate after male housemate walked onto the stage. Who could blame them as there seemed to be no women in sight?

The launch show kicked off with a banging performance from Somali star K’naan singing his song “Waving Flag”. The crowd was moved as ushers walked onto the stage displaying the flags of all African countries represented in the house. The mood was filled with tension and excitement as the anticipated arrival of the Housemaetes drew closer.

K'Naan Launches the Revolution!

IK kept the crowd alive as he started introducing the housemates and many screams were heard as crowd members wished their country-mates luck ahead of the race to win the $200 000 prize! Jeremy, the buff 22-year-old developer from Kenya, got mad love from the ladies as he lifted his shirt to show off his six-pack. Quinn, the South African student, received applause as he exhibited his multi-lingual skills by speaking in isiZulu.

The crowd started quietening down as male Housemate after male Housemate walked onto the stage. Who could blame them as there seemed to be no women in sight?

The surprises were not over yet as IK revealed the last Housemate, Eddie from Namibia, and of course, his identical twin, Erastus. This announcement, a first in the history of Big Brother Africa, will see two identical Housemates playing the game by constantly switching roles for the first four weeks. The twins will have to tread very carefully as their survival in house rests on the other Housemates not uncovering their secret.

When all was said and done and the Housemates had settled in the house and getting to know the Starmates, IK announced yet another surprise. Although the male Housemates have no idea of this, 12 women will be joining them next Sunday. Current Housemates and fans alike will have to wait until next Sunday to see who the women Housemates are.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Toludo(m): 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2009
To activate your BBA4 Channel send your Account name and smartcard number via email to dstv@nigeria.multichoice.co.za.
Your account will be activated asap thanks.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Fadajasi(m): 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2009
U sure?@toludo
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Reptyle(m): 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ Fadajasi et Toludo

Na lie! All those sms and emails don't work. I sent them close to 10 smses and emails all thru last week and even over the weekend but they didn't activate me. It took me calling them this morning before they activated me in no time.

It was very VERY difficult getting thru to the helpline (perhaps because of the spike in call volume) but if you keep trying (ur best bet is to leave your phone on auto-redial like I did) you'll get thru and they will activate you in less than 20 seconds
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by beeswax: 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2009
BBA revolution!
Dis time we will vote for those we want to stay, Biggie get sense sha, and I like it d guys don't know d girls r coming next week. Let dem roast 1st
But then again, they r gonna rush d ladies when they arrive. Get ready to see fights and arguments over woman

So far some have made an impression, hannington seems to b cd clown and most outspoken of d lot! Am sure it won't b long before they all clash in a bid to be d alpha male

Let d games begin!
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by FFA: 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2009
i still dont understand bb4's game plan, is it a male football match? ladies a d salt of d world without them no showwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by NobleOnye(f): 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2009
this BBA4 better make sense, and i hope d Nigerian dude aint like Bayo and Uti, the handsome ones dont usually have sense! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by klas(m): 4:38pm On Sep 07, 2009
We are supposed to have 14 housemates from 14 countries but we currently have 12+1(the twin brother) from only 10 countries. Uganda and Kenya have 2 representatives each while Angola, Zambia, Malawi and Tanzania are not represented yet. It is safe to assume that 4 ladies will come in from these yet to be represented countries while Uganda and Kenya will also lose a rep each.

The first switch of the twins took place some hours ago. If their identity is not blown for 4 weeks by the hsemates (a tall order) both will become valid housemates otherwise both lose out.

The suprising thing is that no hsemate has raised the issue of the absent countries. Are they that dull. I surely miss Ofuneka & Richard on that score.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by frankie7: 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2009
Guyz, Big Brother Africa is back for real and truly its viewing 24/7 at least i know of Nigeria cos that's where i stay; i just got my BBA Ni channel (dstv 199) activated, for free, well, as a you already a dstv subscriber; initially, i wasn't happy watching a pre-played of it on Africa magic with all the customer services line not pulling through; Anyway, i had to make a trip to a dstv customer center today during lunch, called my wife to put it on channel 199 as instructed, gave the fair lady my card number and within seconds she told me from the other end, that it's on; so u too can do same and go BBA Ni 24/7; for me, i'm not too crazy about it cos i'm always at work, but just from what i saw yesterday and what i've heard so far, its very different from prevois editions and come to think what will happen when the ladies show up, i like the suspense, i guess thats how show should truly be put together just like in the states, but don't mind me, i'm still very naija!!, peace and God bless!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by oge4real(f): 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2009
Only guys?
Maybe they want to introduce BIG SISTER AFRICA for the girls. undecided undecided
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by beeswax: 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2009
oge4real you maybe right oh!
maybe the ladies will be put in a seperate house and there will be a fake eviction where the evicted will go over to the girls side and vice versa
men! now dat will be interesting
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Reptyle(m): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2009
I read on the BBA4 website that 12 chics will be joining the house next week. I also read that one each of the housemates from Ghana and Kenya (both countries currently have two housemates in the house) are fake housemates who will give way before the week runs out. Forgot to copy the link.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by dreamara(f): 6:22pm On Sep 07, 2009
Jeez that guy called Harrington is hawt, d Naija guy na dwarf o (no offense), any way I was surprised to see only guys I actually thought they wanted to change the thing to BGBA (Big Gay Brothers of Africa) lol. abi they say na Revolution dem dey do, any ways thank God the ladies will soon be in. i also can't view the BBANi channel but from thr info I just got here I think I'll do smthing about it.
Least I forget, that IK guy is a Naija broda right, just windering why he didn't represent when the Nigerian contestant came out, only for him to be repping SA, na wa 4 him o.
The show will look promising when the girls get in because I really want to see the first guy they all fall on (I bet Harrington or that Kenyan guy with muscles) lol. we women self,
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by iammodel(m): 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2009
just glued to the edge of my chair in the hall, watching, hope it get's more interesting.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by graciousme(f): 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2009
I have not been able to watch too cos my decoder misbehaved and i had to call customer care.the little glimps i caught this morning was just the guys chatting outside.i did not know that there were no ladies in the house until i read this thread.shows like this should not be predictable but there must be a bit of consistency.the whole suspense seems confusing.but am gonna love the twin twist.and i wish they will be able to pull through.kb is not hosting this year?who is the new guy on the block?
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by saraj(f): 10:27pm On Sep 07, 2009
They did that in Big Brother Uk a few yrs ago.On launch night, the 12 HMs
were all women
They gradually brought in male HMs over 2/3 weeks.
I assume they'll do the same here.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by kaydee(m): 12:00am On Sep 08, 2009
Aight,Tampico is here,i'm waiting for LC,Salsera,Ndi and the rest.I'm not watching Big Brother again,it's Big Brother's turn to watch me
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by 9ja4eva: 4:54am On Sep 08, 2009
Can we watch it online?
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Opotuniti(m): 8:17am On Sep 08, 2009
Ofcourse, it can be watched online.

What i dont understan is the way the channel operates. I an sent my smartcard number to the DSTV text numbers, despite been delivered, still noit getting the channel, besides am on Compact buoquet which i believe should have it.
Anyone with an idea of what is expected?
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by b0y(m): 8:51am On Sep 08, 2009
I'm suprised no one is talking about their main reasons for watching the BBA, For me o,na the 'shower hour' i de wait for plus all the jolly jolly sex scenes, Big Brother All The Way! Hehehehehe grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by lawyerchap(m): 10:03am On Sep 08, 2009
Sorry Boy, but there is no shower hour this year. To get the Channel just take your smartcard to DSTV superdealers near you and they will activate it in your presence. DO NOT GO TO A MULTICHOICE OFFICE WITH YOUR SMARTCARD O. There is a superdealer behind Pentagon Plaza on Opebi if you are in lagos. The street can be accessed by taking the road beside Tastee Fried Chicken on Opebi. All the sms and emails sent only gets them to enable your decoder receive the Big Brother channel. They do not actually activate the channel immediately. They will eventually, perhaps when there are only four housemates left. lol. So better take your smartcard to a superdealer and catch up quick.

People of BBA Nairaland, its great to see you all here again. Tampico's already in the house, Kaydee and co, let's go there.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by naijagal(f): 10:26am On Sep 08, 2009
hello everyone
its been a while since i've been here, see d power of Biggie cheesy
welcome LC, kaydee, tampico
where is salsera, keekee, ndi, modups & co?

@topic
must say most of d guys in d house are kinda cute, some more than others though
jeremy keep ur shirt off dude wink cheesy
dat hannington guy is already getting on ma nerves though, wats with d bushy hair & unkempt beard and he needs to wash his mouth out with soap
as for d twins hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm still waiting to see how dat turns out

here we go!
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by WackyJ1(m): 11:41am On Sep 08, 2009
Whats the deal with girls and Jeremy?
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Deichi(m): 4:20pm On Sep 08, 2009
i hope the most anticipated revolution aint a gay fest
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by b0y(m): 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2009
Shit! so disappointing there won't be SHOWER HOUR, I just watched the show on mnet magic dang i think we're about to see some HOT chics on the show this time.hope they all get shag-ed hehehe.I better take my card to multichoice for activation.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by mystikal(m): 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2009
perVert!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Deichi(m): 9:52pm On Sep 08, 2009
Shit! so disappointing there won't be SHOWER HOUR, I just watched the show on mnet magic dang i think we're about to see some HOT chics on the show this time.hope they all get shag-ed hehehe.I better take my card to multichoice for activation.

@ boy
judging from the above statement, u mite also need ur lubicant or vaseline, naija, thats why it was almost banned, lol grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Nobody: 2:23am On Sep 09, 2009
Big Sister Africa.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by WackyJ1(m): 4:38am On Sep 09, 2009
Hmmm, This thread aint growing as fast as it should.

Mayb it will wen d gals arrive grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by naijagal(f): 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2009
has anyone been watching todays events?

1st they have all been given 2500 dollars each and anyone who breaks any of the rules or seems to be slacking in big brothers estimation will lose some of the money and it will be equally shared amongst the others
this has served as a motivator to get off thier butts and do something
the foul language has also reduced or put in check cos no one wants to lose their money

they were later instructed to create models of themselves called ndudas, some were downrite scary in my opinion
the twins switched again in d dairy room, gosh these hm's r not observant! the twins have diff tatoos on their arms and yet no one has noticed this?

right now, quin & hannington r cooking for the house shocked
hannington do u even shower? and to make it worse he just started cooking without washing his hands or any of the veggies
and most disturbingly, he was cooking half naked with his hairy chest and bushy beard and hair all over the place YUCK!!! tongue

oh well, the hm's aint complaining so y should i?

on a positive note, am liking kevin more each day. the guy has no stress and he is having fun in d house
u go naija boy cheesy cheesy
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by beeswax: 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2009
Hannington cooked? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (190) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search 2021 Live Updates (Season 12) / Ultimate Love Reality Show 2020 Thread / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra....

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.