Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) - TV/Movies (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) (154337 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! / Big Brother Africa 4 Past Winners(how Much Are They Worth) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by skepra: 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2009
Big brother Revolation is the africa show but why ladies are not alway avalible on the show? embarassed
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by mykali(m): 4:56pm On Dec 07, 2009
Kevin won . . . . shocked FANTASTIC . . . grin

SADC . . . .sorry losers tongue

Nkenna . . .prepare to be bastardized angry
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by 9ja4eva: 4:57pm On Dec 07, 2009
A_K_O:

Working on it. . .

Thanks mehn
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by TEEZERO(m): 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2009
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Kx: 5:41pm On Dec 07, 2009
Kevolution congrats.

Good lesson to haters (Eddys type),hate nor dey pay.

Love ur neibor as urself.

Gosh,mnet pls add a sweet chanel in 199,i cant help checking 199
over and over again,thinking by chance bba will be doing repeat shows.

MNET u d best.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Mannylex(m): 6:16pm On Dec 07, 2009
The End Of The Revolution!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by meggy11: 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2009
Yes We Can!
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by agabaI23(m): 7:39pm On Dec 07, 2009
If nairalanders can pull such a big thing off in Africa, who says they cannot effect a big change in the polity.

Yes we can! We can topple the corruption enthroned in our govt houses and Aso rock. Yes WE can
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by coolkaboom(m): 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2009
If nairalanders can pull such a big thing off in Africa, who says they cannot effect a big change in the polity.

Yes we can! We can topple the corruption enthroned in our govt houses and Aso rock. Yes WE can
[quote][/quote]

amen to that, it's proof positive that good things happen to good people, bad things abound for evil people and the world will always ignore the clueless. Congrats to all Kev fans and may his success inspire greatness in us all.

The show may be over, but life continues, I'd really hate for this thread to die off like so many others b4 it and I pray Kevo himsef swings by some day to experience the following that powered him through the finish-line, let's keepit flowing.

congratulations all of ya, next project should be to dethrone nepotism and install a leadership we can believe in at all levels come 2011.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by gianni(f): 9:44pm On Dec 07, 2009
great job,guys.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by ponytail: 9:47pm On Dec 07, 2009
experiencing some serious withdrawal syndromes, as soon as its hits the hour, i start going online to vote
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by jemilady: 9:48pm On Dec 07, 2009
Quote from RSA
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread)
But Kevin won courtesy of SADC votes,so maybe they don't hate you as much as you do them Tongue

I think its important as much as everyone tried in his or her own way to get Kevin the victory, at the end of the day Nigerian's in disapora and SADC citizens who decided to do what was right, gave him such massive margin of victory especially countries like Botswana which had Kaone openly campaigning for him, Tanzania, Zambia & Kenya.

For me its a sign of good and more positive energy in Africa and i hope Kevin would use this platform to really change certain perspective they have on 9ja.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by naijagal(f): 9:56pm On Dec 07, 2009
ScreenDiva:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but i heard from Inspiration Fm on their 12pm news that the vehicle that conveyed the Chuwang Pam's family to the venue of the after party was involved in an accident in South Africa by 10pm yesterday evening leaving on of Kevin's sister that was also in the BMW vehicle injured? Well make them take heart, i know say na over happiness go don cause am.
i sincerely hope dis story is not true but if it is i pray everyone is ok, bb website has no updates so we dont even know whats happening. even the after party was not shown and no pictures, na wa sad

kaydee:

Lol @ Tee Zero

Gtay,Naijagal,Lindabon,Soloqy and others

Thanks to all y'all for the exclusive updates and i learned more on this thread than the BBR website.I never activated channel 199 but y'all made it look like i was watching.I didn't miss LC.This has been the most peaceful BB thread on NL
u r more thank welcome, u were sceptical at a point but am glad u believed towards d end wink
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by naliakar: 10:13pm On Dec 07, 2009
NKENNA SHOULD HAVE WON INSTEAD
WAS SHE NOT THE TRUE FACE OF NIGERIA IN BBA?
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by ayusman16(m): 8:11am On Dec 08, 2009
yeah! she shld av won wit her 200 votes. na our fault say make she misbehave. and wat makes u thnk all nigerians represent bad thngs. if kevin ws a bad rep, do u thnk d young nigerians will support him?
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by SmashingM(f): 9:05am On Dec 08, 2009
meggy 11:

Yes We Can!

AND WE DID!
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by vislabraye(m): 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2009
Kevin was great. Think he was from Yoruba tribe, nevertheless he did very well, These are the few people rebranding Nigeria, IK the anchor did us proud. I think he's one of the best in the country,
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by shalom1234: 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2009
http://beta.mnet.co.za/mnetvideo/browsevideo.aspx?ChannelId=1&vid=22221&Search=&CategoryId=0&sortby=5&CPage=0

For those who are interested in some of the videos for the grand finale and the post finale interview, you can try this url above. Hope it works.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by girllygal(f): 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2009
u guys can check this site for some of the afterparty pictures

http://www.justcurious.co.za/2009/12/big-brother-revolution-is-over/
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by dominique(f): 10:43pm On Dec 08, 2009
vislabraye:

Kevin was great. [b]Think he was from Yoruba tribe, [/b]nevertheless he did very well, These are the few people rebranding Nigeria, IK the anchor did us proud. I think he's one of the best in the country,

he's not from Yoruba tribe, he's from a minority tribe in Jos. but thank Goodness, our people put whatever tribal differences aside and voted enmass for the true Naija rep.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Tampico(f): 10:58pm On Dec 08, 2009
Hi everyone,
I'm extremely happy that our homeboy won, curtesy of all of you.
Thank you so much for ure updates, and consistency!
Sorry i wasn't available like i shud have been.
Really wished we cud all meet like we normally do, cos i have made the best friends ever from this forum,
LC,Mamus,Salsera,Spice girl,Ndi,and others.
Thanks Gtay, u too much!
Love u guys much, Take care of ureselves!
Tforever cool
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by lawyerchap(m): 9:02am On Dec 09, 2009
Tampico:

Hi everyone,
Really wished we cud all meet like we normally do, cos i have made the best friends ever from this forum,
LC,Mamus,Salsera,Spice girl,Ndi,and others.

Now, there's a thought. Who and who are in lagos? Perhaps we could all arrange to meet over the holidays and generally make a day of it. Or would we rather remain faceless and anonymous, known only by what we post here?

Just kicking it out there.

Opinions please.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by hillsate: 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2009
hey Lawywer Chap,
you are right, we should gather if not for anything but to witness the engagement ceremony of GTAY to NAIJAGAL girl.
My kevolution can never b complete until this happens.
GTAY and NAIJAGAL, make una no disappoint me oh. NAIJAGAL, Dont tell me it has never crossed your your mind and GTAY, are you thinking what i think u r thinking? cos if u r thinking what i think u r thinking, you better stop thinking.
GTAY weds NAIJAGAL.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by ponytail: 5:33pm On Dec 09, 2009
Great idea, wish i could do it though. I for one have a bone to tackle with Naijagal for voting and campaigning (and we all know how effective her campaigns are) bubulicious out in BBN
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by dominique(f): 9:55pm On Dec 09, 2009
KEVIN'S INTERVIEW. . .

Kevin - Big Brother Revolution winner

Big Brother Revolution winner Kevin from Nigeria says "Sunday night was the greatest night of my life. It was a dream come true".

"I am really grateful and happy that Africa loves me and I am going to make you all proud.

"I intend to stay in your faces. Be ready because if you turn on MTV, BBC and Africa Mnet - you are going to see me there.

"This is only the start. The stars are my starting point, never mind the sky."

He added: "Right now I am still pinching myself about winning the money".

Kevin, however, feels that the money is ‘just a fish’.

"What is more important is the leverage that I will have. Being in the Big Brother Revolution house has taught me how to fish and now that I have this pedestal to stand on, I am going to continue to fish and catch lots of them."

What does Kevin plan to do with his windfall?

Kevin, 27, who has been described as ’simple and short with guts’, has decided that he is going to use some of his $200,000 prize money towards enhancing and marketing his talents - music and poetry.

How confident did Kevin feel about winning?

The finale saw Kevin facing off against contestants Nkenna (Nigeria), Edward (Namibia), Emma (Angola) and Mzamo (Malawi). Speaking about the last stressful hours, Kevin said: "As one of the Big Five, I knew that I had a 20% chance of winning. I did however think that my chances were greater than that, when I looked at the competitors that were left in the finale.

"I consoled myself with the faith and favour that I felt that I had already found. My faith had swag. I just had to believe that I would make it and I did thank God."

Did Kevin feel elimination was looming at any stage of the game?

Kevin did not feel safe from elimination throughout the entire production. "At one stage I thought I may be facing the end of the road. There were 3 Nigerians and 2 South Africans in the house, plus 1 South African had left the week before.

"I was convinced that if I had to come up against Queen and Kristal that I would not stand a chance. When I survived that eviction I was like ’okay Africa feels me’. I was really happy and appreciated that I was raised from the dead."

So what has Kevin learnt about himself through this experience?

"I see myself now as a man who believes in dreams.

"I have learnt so much and I want my life to be a lesson and a blessing to people who believe that dreams come true. Hold on and stay focused, persevere and work hard - don’t give up. You are going to make it."

Kevin explained that he applied repeatedly for 5 years to get onto Big Brother and eventually made it. "Don’t fizzle out - just wait and when your time comes it will be worth it".

"In the house I learnt humility and how to subdue and control my pride. I learnt diligence and there was times when I felt like I was on the edge. I just kept my eyes on the prize and stayed focused. It all worked out in the end," said Kevin.

What is Kevin looking forward to when he gets home?

"I am really looking forward to seeing my friends who I will map out my strategy with on how I am gonna take the world by surprise.

"I have already seen and celebrated with my family because they were here for the final show."

Kevin said that he is also looking forward to enjoying some traditional Nigerian food, and catching up on what has been happening on the music scene whilst he has been away.

Any last words for your fans,

"Thank you Africa for making me the winner. I am going to make you all proud."

smiley
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by dominique(f): 10:29pm On Dec 09, 2009
Kevin also said in one of his interviews that this is the fifth Big Brother he auditioned for!!! shocked shocked
Thank God the persistence finally paid off smiley
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 09, 2009
tee zero saw the article and i really appreciate i was included in the group dat campaigned for that bright young man, he truly deserved it. would really like to meet you guys, you were all awesome, any time, any where. cheers, one luv.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by GTay(m): 10:58pm On Dec 09, 2009
lol  grin These my friends sef  cheesy , make una free me n naijagal na grin

You Addicts have refused to let this thread R.I.P abi?
Common guys, the show has ended, we all deserve a break dont' we? After 3 months of drama, suspense, excitement and the new word Nkennarism (linda's idea yeah?),  shocked

@ Lawyerchap and Tampico, I think its a great idea if we could arrange a rendez-vous. I'm in Lagos a.t.m as well. What do you have in mind?
Would def like to see the faces behind many controversial and at the same time exciting posts here!  tongue  wink

Lastly, it feels so good hearing comments like this from Anti-Kevin Campaigners in SADC
The midget is not very bad after all, Its his fans who turned us into haters,

Duh!, Talk of Sour Grapes  undecided
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by naijagal(f): 11:09pm On Dec 09, 2009
a dinner with some or most of us here? dat wud be wild cheesy
if my memory serves me well, lawyerchap & some nairaland forumites got together 2 years ago right?
hope u guys do it again, i aint in lagos so cant make it sad
hillsate:

hey Lawywer Chap,
you are right, we should gather if not for anything but to witness the engagement ceremony of GTAY to NAIJAGAL girl.
My kevolution can never b complete until this happens.
GTAY and NAIJAGAL, make una no disappoint me oh. NAIJAGAL, Dont tell me it has never crossed your your mind and GTAY, are you thinking what i think u r thinking? cos if u r thinking what i think u r thinking, you better stop thinking.
GTAY weds NAIJAGAL.
shuo!!! shocked na so dem day do am?

@dominique tanx for posting kev's interview kiss

still suffering withdrawal symptoms but getting better day by day
luv u guys kiss
ponytail:

Great idea, wish i could do it though. I for one have a bone to tackle with Naijagal for voting and campaigning (and we all know how effective her campaigns are) bubulicious out in BBN
ponytail, u know how i do. hope d bone u wan pick with me no too big sha grin grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by bebe4u(f): 1:01pm On Dec 10, 2009
any updates on Kevin and psycobeth ? and our dear village DIVA aka celebrity (Nkenna) , dinner with fellow forumites will be fantastic, the posts were so awesome, i did like to meet u all.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by initiator(m): 2:21pm On Dec 10, 2009
Am waiting for a date and location o
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by shalom1234: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2009
Remember some people might be travelling for the holiday so I suggest you do it between now and end of next week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search 2021 Live Updates (Season 12) / Ultimate Love Reality Show 2020 Thread / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.