Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Cosmetics Shop Set Up - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cosmetics Shop Set Up (13162 Views)

How To Produce Cosmetics Products In Nigeria / How To Start Cosmetics Business In Nigeria With N50.000 / What Business Can I Set Up For My Elderly Father In The Village? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 6:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hi guys. Sorry I have been silent on this thread. Seems I am getting closer to getting my dream shop space. Here are some of the criteria I used in narrowing down my choice.

1. Newly built shop so I can Behind it as I like or nearly vacated shop so I don't do much renovating.

2. Shop with a curb before the drainage. (like shown in the picture I will attach). This will allow me space to extend my wears and place my advert banners

3. Shop close to the bus stop or on a busy road

4 affordable

5. Shop in an area that complements my business.

Men, agreement and agent fees are quite expensive oh. 80k in total apart from the shop rent. Thank God it's just for one year. I will still look out for more shops this week and hopefully conclude before the end of the week.

I have attached some pictures of places I am considering.

The first one has a large curb, packing space, close to a bus stop, newly built with no competition around. The gate will be removed.

The second I newly built, has a filling station and Plaza near it, a curb, and business to complement mine.
Both located not to far from me.

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2017
I have decided to try out the importers of make up and cosmetic products at trade fair Lagos. Will be going sometime next month to get a rough estimate of how much I need. Will share with the house once I do.

Cheers everyone

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 10:46pm On Feb 06, 2017
Hi guys, am almost there! Putting finishing touches to m shop. Went makeup shopping last week. I decided to visit the Trade fair complex in Lagos. Believe me when I tell you. Things were amazingly cheap with so much to choose from. I bought most of the makeup from Opposite Delta Plaza at the trade fair. Shop 32b I think.

I bought brands such as Milani, Mac, Sleek, Nyx, L'oreal, Iman, and some new brands like YMY, So Black, Jose and Lake Me. I also included make up applicators, face wipes, nail paints, artificial lashes and nails. I brought from powder to foundation, liners, mascara, lipstick and lip gloss and do much more.

I didn't buy brands such as Mary Kay, black Opal etc. I was told that there are too much imitation in the market and my contact didn't stock those brands.

On affordability, let's just say I tested the grounds with 200k and came back with a boot full of makeup. Won't be surprised if I make double of that from sales.

I am building three glass shelves for my shop and the products I have now will fill them up nicely.

In the process of costing all I bought so I can mark up the price.

My advice to you if you are going to buy at trade fair is to have a contact there, go straight to the makeup section. Go with a notebook and pen.

The seller and I made a list of all the various types of makeup brands, the number of items in each pack and the cost. From this I was able to decide which to buy more. Also I listened to his advice on what's trending which helped me buy better. After all if I sell well, it's added business for him cos I will be back to buy more.

That's what I have so far.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2017
Woow, that's informative and captivating. Thanks for the update and also for more light U've been sharing on this thread. God bless you ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by tundelomo(m): 1:02pm On Feb 07, 2017
chinene1:
Hi guys, am almost there! Putting finishing touches to m shop. Went makeup shopping last week. I decided to visit the Trade fair complex in Lagos. Believe me when I tell you. Things were amazingly cheap with so much to choose from. I bought most of the makeup from Opposite Delta Plaza at the trade fair. Shop 32b I think.

I bought brands such as Milani, Mac, Sleek, Nyx, L'oreal, Iman, and some new brands like YMY, So Black, Jose and Lake Me. I also included make up applicators, face wipes, nail paints, artificial lashes and nails. I brought from powder to foundation, liners, mascara, lipstick and lip gloss and do much more.

I didn't buy brands such as Mary Kay, black Opal etc. I was told that there are too much imitation in the market and my contact didn't stock those brands.

On affordability, let's just say I tested the grounds with 200k and came back with a boot full of makeup. Won't be surprised if I make double of that from sales.

I am building three glass shelves for my shop and the products I have now will fill them up nicely.

My advice to you if you are going to buy at trade fair is to have a contact there, go straight to the makeup section. Go with a notebook and pen.

The seller and I made a list of all the various types of makeup brands, the number of items in each pack and the cost. From this I was able to decide which to buy more. Also I listened to his advice on what's trending which helped me buy better. After all if I sell well, it's added business for him cos I will be back to buy more.

ur zeal is very inspiring. pls wia is ur location ?

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 8:39pm On Feb 07, 2017
Outskirts of Lagos.

tundelomo:
ur zeal is very inspiring. pls wia is ur location ?
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by tundelomo(m): 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2017
chinene1:
Outskirts of Lagos.

ok.want to learn fro som1 dt has been in d business first. so i'll keep following d thread here til i'm ready. i'm in ikorodu for now
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
Hey everyone. I am super excited! I am yet to get my roll up banner and signs but I am officially opened!

One thing I found out is that you don't have to limit yourself to a shop. I started selling to my friends, family and colleagues before the opening. I also intend to visit or send my sales girl with my complementary card, saloons and places where ladies paint nails and fix lashes and market to them.

See pictures below. It may look a little dusty because I took them while arranging the goods.
Will also be getting more stuff by end of next week.

3 Likes

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by luckygirl02(f): 12:45pm On Mar 01, 2017
It looks so nice and well arranged. I run a cosmetics shop too. I started last yr and the shop was located @ Ketu, sales wasn't as I expected so I decided to move to another area. I am now @ agric, Ikorodu. I re-opened on Monday. I sell creams and lotions too. Nt mainly make up products. Best of luck to you and me too.

2 Likes

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 7:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
luckygirl02:
It looks so nice and well arranged. I run a cosmetics shop too. I started last yr and the shop was located @ Ketu, sales wasn't as I expected so I decided to move to another area. I am now @ agric, Ikorodu. I re-opened on Monday. I sell creams and lotions too. Nt mainly make up products. Best of luck to you and me too.

Thanks dear. One thing I've noticed in my area is that people are more interested in buying wholesale. Mostly nails, lashes, nail paints etc. So I've ordered for more stuff to sell in wholesale. I guess I will need to rethink the retail stuff soon.
Wishes us the very best.

2 Likes

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by ngozionefeli: 8:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
Thanks alot for this, have being looking for ideas now I found one, but I want to do creams from known brands, soaps and perfumes.. .

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 9:02am On Mar 07, 2017
Amazing. I'm happy for you. Keep the fire burning and the dream alive.

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2017
xolocious:
Amazing. I'm happy for you. Keep the fire burning and the dream alive.

Thanks. I must say combining business and work is not easy. I find I am at work and also at the shop cos my sales girl can call to ask questions for Africa! This is her first month so hopefully it will reduce as time goes on.

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 12:07am On Mar 09, 2017
chinene1:

Thanks. I must say combining business and work is not easy. I find I am at work and also at the shop cos my sales girl can call to ask questions for Africa! This is her first month so hopefully it will reduce as time goes on.

lolz... sure she will. That's what u're bound to face at the beginning. It's never an easy task but I'm moved by your zeal and perseverance. God blesses you and increases you bountifully.

3 Likes

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 9:07pm On Mar 09, 2017
xolocious:

lolz... sure she will. That's what u're bound to face at the beginning. It's never an easy task but I'm moved by your zeal and perseverance. God blesses you and increases you bountifully.

Thanks so much. May we all excel and be abundantly blessed. Amen. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 8:50am On Mar 10, 2017
chinene1:

Thanks so much. May we all excel and be abundantly blessed. Amen. God bless you.
Amen. Thank you ma.
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by zhikirullah(m): 5:27pm On May 28, 2018
Hello, our rates crashed, ship your items for as low as $2.99/lbs, ship your car for as low as $780, …save up to 40% on your global procurement or shipping service, we have hundreds of verified merchants where you can buy internationally at low cost using your MasterCard, be wise, log on to www.sclogisticsng.com to get free warehouse addresses in USA, UK, China etc for your shopping. Call/whatsapp +2348066353127.
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by exporttraining: 7:13pm On May 28, 2018
Our Company is fully into cosmetics. you may reach 08035268121 to become distributor]

I guess we both are misinterpreting ourselves. I'm not seeing ur own opinion as biased nor odd, I'm only trying to point out thats it's not advisable for me to do so at this point. I'm only a beginner with no experience whatsoever in this field, I wanna start from the scratch and it will be crazy to give into importation. it's will be better I patronize dealers,agents and wholesalers in ensuring this dream comes to reality...
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by eyems: 9:07pm On Jun 29, 2018
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by opeyewa: 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2018
chinene1:

This was so informative, how is you business now as I hope to start mine soon nd looking forward to your help ma
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by opeyewa: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2018
tundelomo:
ok.want to learn fro som1 dt has been in d business first. so i'll keep following d thread here til i'm ready. i'm in ikorodu for now

Am in ikorodu too, have you opened your store
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 12:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
My business was 1 year in February and honestly, it has been a learning process. I won't say it is 80% where I want it to be yet but it is striving. I had to include selling online also to increase the revenue my shop generates. When I decided to start selling online, the problem I first encountered was that the items which do well on online shopping platforms are different from what the offline customers want. I also had to learn to differentiate fake from the original products also which is very important if you want to maintain a good relationship with your customers.
I have decided to add another branch of Beauty and Healthcare to my business. I am using this year to test various products and see which performs well and then buy in large quantity next year after I renovate my shop. The only challenge I will have is these products have to be imported.
Feel free to drop your questions or comments here. Wish you the best.

opeyewa:

This was so informative, how is you business now as I hope to start mine soon nd looking forward to your help ma

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 10:16am On Jul 07, 2018
chinene1:
My business was 1 year in February and honestly, it has been a learning process. I won't say it is 80% where I want it to be yet but it is striving. I had to include selling online also to increase the revenue my shop generates. When I decided to start selling online, the problem I first encountered was that the items which do well on online shopping platforms are different from what the offline customers want. I also had to learn to differentiate fake from the original products also which is very important if you want to maintain a good relationship with your customers.
I have decided to add another branch of Beauty and Healthcare to my business. I am using this year to test various products and see which performs well and then buy in large quantity next year after I renovate my shop. The only challenge I will have is these products have to be imported.

Amazing
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:23am On Aug 28, 2018
I'm planning to venture into this business
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by Luchealmadueke: 10:22pm On Dec 24, 2018
Hello house, please i want to open my own make up line comprising of lip stick, eye lashes, bronzer etc. Pls if ypu know anyone that can hell me produce or has a link pls do let me know. You can reach me km 08097394947. Thanks.
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2018
Luchealmadueke:
Hello house, please i want to open my own make up line comprising of lip stick, eye lashes, bronzer etc. Pls if ypu know anyone that can hell me produce or has a link pls do let me know. You can reach me km 08097394947. Thanks.

You mean you want to create your own makeup line (create your own formula from scratch) or do you want to brand generic makeup?

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by Rexrose(f): 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2019
xolocious:

woow, thanks and I'm impacted. ur contribution has been helpful and informative too. sorry to ask, where do u reside at the moment and where do I intend setting up urs

Beautiful ideal.....
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by suprememoney(m): 1:49am On Jul 25, 2019
chinene1:

Hello. I have been following this thread and it has been so helpful. Please i would like to know from your experience so far, if this cosmetics business if profitable and also, how much capital do one need before venturing into it. Thanks
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 11:26am On Jul 25, 2019
Hi, I am glad you've been able to learn something from it.
In all honesty, the cosmetic business is profitable but then again it depends on what you term as profitable. It's not a business that has a huge turn over immediately but if you are careful with pricing you can make a good profit over time. I have had my shop for over 3 years now and I have been able to pay my rent, pay my sales girls monthly and still have something left over to reinvest, spend or save for rainy days.

The first year was really tight. I bought some products that took over 6 months to sell-off tying down my money while others I had to order for every 2 weeks. I also started selling on Jiji and Jumia so I was able to expand my customer base.

I started with a little over 650k. This covered shop rent, building 2 wall to wall glass shelves and 1 small moveable shelf, renovating (painting, fixing sockets and lights, interlocking carpet, building covert, standing fan, extension box, wall mirror, advert banner), buying items to sell as well as sanitary stuff for cleaning the shop, 3 months salary for my salesgirl, and some other small things.

You may not need as much as what I spent initially. You could just start with the basics and then expand as time goes by. Hope this helps.

suprememoney:

Hello. I have been following this thread and it has been so helpful. Please i would like to know from your experience so far, if this cosmetics business if profitable and also, how much capital do one need before venturing into it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by biznx2019: 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2019
afanide:
Go into Importation Business.....

Cosmetics is a good line...... But do ur research well bro....

Lol
U funny oh, somebody just say what she want to go into and you are telling her NO.
Must every1 go with your own idea?

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by exporttraining: 4:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
new natural herb product in form of powder and oil to increase your joystick size is out for all sundries. No need to worry anymore on your joystick size. You can increase the size to satisfy your partner more than never before. 90% of women will never say the truth on how they feel after making love with them. They believe that you will start to feel somehow. You are not alone in the mess. Within 18-24 days you achieve the permanent joystick increase in size.

Usage.

You mix the powder with milk and drink it once in every 3days.

You rub the oil on the joystick twice daily on the Same day you take the powder with milk.

This works perfectly with no side effects. These are different from chemical mixed product. Anyone can take it.

*We deliver to anywhere in Nigeria including outside Nigeria.

This is new development and work better.

For any info, you may reach.

Call line: 08035268121

WhatsApp: 07018251533

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Binary Options: Better Than Forex, Shares And Any Other Trading? / Foreign Investors Withdraw N410bn From Stock Market -PUNCH / Questions on GTB Bank Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.