Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,826 members, 7,831,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times (36990 Views)

8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics / The Stress Of Having Your Nigerian Mother Buy Clothes For You / How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Armstrong34(m): 2:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
Dis is not actually buhari fault.......D wrath of God is upon Nigeria....... ur prayer shld b lord let ur grace b upon me n my household....more calamities r still coming.....Reason of God's anger is simple"too many bloodshed in our dear country... blood r crying for vengeance... thus saith d lord....bfor u quote me... read n understand my post.. .

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by pacino26(m): 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
This is so am shocked and speechless situation. I did a job for a man recently termed a big shot. He can't even afford to pay the geophysical fees talk more of drilling wells. The hotel is roofed half way.

1984 all over again. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by pymseun: 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2016
now tell me why am i going to afriad/shai to ask for help. as i dey now hunger dey worry us, na God;s mercy we dey use live. My broda i dont mind hooo. A guy posted the way is been threaten by hunger on gurus web, an a good samaritan gave him 5k and he went straight to buy food stuff. Omo people are sufferin guys.

3 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:

*crying* francizy dearpreye, please console our brother. Modath Progressive01 Beremx your guy is leaving your coven o. Do something, mayday!... Mayday!!!

Cc: Gbawe

Even more fanatical supporters of PMB are doing same thing offline. The pangs and sufferings are REAL. The stupid economic policies of PMB are largely responsible for these pains.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by permanentgrace(m): 2:43pm On Jul 02, 2016
Proffdada:

The blame game remains the same because you hate the name Buhari
What a shame
undecided

I had read the entire article and i was not expecting anybody to support this evil act solely instituted by Buhari administration against humbled Nigerians. Is it that you are blind or not just sensitive to people's plight? A reknown newspaper house like punch made an on-hand experienced reports on hardship people are passing through all over the country and you are here trying to defend an iddiot president who does not even know a fool like you exists. I would've suggested you go buy sense from the market if it's sold there cos you obviously dont have one. Dont quote me. I can never wish to know an iddiot like you. Unam Ikot.

@topic, we have all seen the unfortunate situation Buhari has thrown us into. And he seems not to even be worried over the hardship on people in the land. The iddiotic president who came into power through deceit still feels ok, flying up and down globally not minding the true situation the citizens are exposed to. Why wont the price of everything in the market skyrocket when wrong economic policies are put in place? If a man whom i know was a very successful importer is now resorting to selling his properties to attend to family needs, then the economy is really biting hard. Those who are not working depended on the few ones in the family who were working. Now those ones have been fired and the entire family thrown into untold hardship. God, in whatever way we had offended you, forgive us and kill Buhari for us for the sake of the other 170m nigerians. Thank You Father for we know You have answered our prayers...amen.

7 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Aromas: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
Osama10:
There is serious hunger in the land, just look left, right, front and back everyone is complaining including myself.
gringrin Bros abeg no burst* my tommy with laff grin Including myself

2 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seenyo:
...& the self-serving daura demon i voted/canvassed votes for DON'T GIVE A DAMN!...Buhari, cursed was the day i voted you & your heartless cohorts!

Welcome to 1984.

I couldn't have blamed you for your vote. The drums of propaganda from the APC folks drowned every word of reason.

PMB doesn't give a hoot. You don't even know him!

Sorry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by 1freshdude: 2:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Snapers, a little secret.

Even if we had gone with PDP.....the same issues would have happened.

Our wealth, such as it is, is dependent on the rise and fall in oil prices. Which is why we are in this trouble....and which is why PDP winning in 2015 won't have made things better.

The thing is....Nigeria should have, and should be.....going through a period of hardship while we make the necessary spending in power, education, and transport to become a manufacturing power. Not using oil money to over-import (PDP style) or waiting for oil to rise again (APC style).

Food prices are high because for the sixteen years PDP was in power, they were able to hide the food gap we had in this country by importing. Even then, we still had the same issues in the time of plenty. Now....oil prices have fallen....and the truth is revealed....we were never ever rich.

You can call me a APC stooge, and a Zombie.....but I would be glad if you chewed on this before you start.....rich nations are not dependent on oil money....or on money from exporting raw materials and agric productis....but by innovation innovation. High time this government realized that....and I expect you the Opposition to tell them that. Oil is a burden....not a blessing.

Nice observation, oil/precious stones and other natural resources can be a blessing when well managed (the experience of Botswana comes to mind) but the tendency for these resources to hurt the development of a country is very high.
Though there is a revenue shortfall occasioned by the decline in oil prices, the resources in the country is still enough to run the country. Redistribution is the way forward. The masses should seal up the National assembly and Aso rock, they are gulping Far TOO much money for doing nothing.
I don't think the people are hungry enough, majority still have food to eat...when the hunger is unbearable they will attack their oppressors.

5 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by 1freshdude: 2:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
Armstrong34:
Dis is not actually buhari fault.......D wrath of God is upon Nigeria....... ur prayer shld b lord let ur grace b upon me n my household....more calamities r still coming.....Reason of God's anger is simple"too many bloodshed in our dear country... blood r crying for vengeance... thus saith d lord....bfor u quote me... read n understand my post.. .

What has your prayer done in your life, your family and that of Nigerians? Are you not tired of this gibberish?
Grab a book, read and untie yourself.

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by SeverusSnape(m): 2:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
dearpreye:

Welcome to 1984.

I couldn't have blamed you for your vote. The drums of propaganda from the APC folks drowned every word of reason.

PMB doesn't give a hoot. You don't even know him!

Sorry.
Gbam!... Tell him.

No, I disagree, He knows Buhari now grin

It's a good thing the scales are falling off their eyes. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by permanentgrace(m): 2:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
goodforsomthing:
This country is getting tougher everyday ,price of item are increasing and there is no money to even purchase them. Baba GOD pls show up for us o. Naijabet man say so

If to say games gree enter sef, we no for even complain sef. But games no gree enter. U go play game turn ur yansh up, games go still cut. Which kind life be this? Work sef, man no fit get. Ur family people cant help you again because economy is not smiling at them either.

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by dikeigbo2(m): 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
frankline5:
Nigerians are fools!

For how long will people continue to suffer?

Including you and your family members, and the sufferings will stop when sincere ,courageous and detribalized leaders are at the helm of affairs in Nigeria
When governance will he less attractive,when these caterpillars and cankerworms in government will be no more..please baba God let no one die before the eldorado.

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Realist2: 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:
I implore everyone here to take his/her time to read this article... Then you'll know that Nigerians are really suffering in this Buhari regime. I mean, mind blowing hardship is in the land. But his online zombies are here saying trash and blaming the dullardeen's incompetence on his predecessor.

Next time, When you hear "change", Ask if it's positive or negative.

A corps member serving my area collapse and fainted for over 3hours yesterday when trekking to his PPA, we rushed him to hospital and discovered that he has not eaten for 3days even when he is not fasting, saying nothing to eat.

2 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Gbam!... Tell him.

No, I disagree, He knows Buhari now grin

It's a good thing the scales are falling off their eyes. cool

Yes. He knows him now. That's the good thing about sufferings - they forcefully remove every scale off our eyes.

They must pay for their myopia.

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Nuezha(m): 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2016
frankline5:
Nigerians are fools!
...that include your father, mother and your knocle-head sibling for a fact.
No more comment.

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by francizy(m): 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:

*crying* francizy dearpreye, please console our brother. Modath Progressive01 Beremx your guy is leaving your coven o. Do something, mayday!... Mayday!!!

Cc: Gbawe

Only fools will still stand with Buhari after this brazen display of incompetence, cluelessness, dullness, vindictiveness, tyranny, visionlessness, directionlessness, nepotism, heartlessness, tribalism, bigotry, hypocrisy, etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Nuezha(m): 2:57pm On Jul 02, 2016
frankline5:
Nigerians are fools!
...that include your father, mother and your knocle-head sibling for a fact.
No more comment.
Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by 1freshdude: 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
dearpreye:

Yes. He knows him now. That's the good thing about sufferings - they forcefully remove every scale off our eyes.

They must pay for their myopia.

You don't sound fortunate or better than the hungry Nigerians referenced to in the article, but why this events excites you so much beats imagination.
Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by amazingspiderma: 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
I can't believed that people are still blaming oil prices as an excuse for the incompetent Buhari.
There has been case studies of how governments have successful shielded nations from commodity price drop,through sound economic policies and besides, this is not even a global recession.Was it this bad in 2007/8.
What is the point stopping rice importation when,our local industry does not have the capacity to cope with demand locally.
How can a leader be encouraging Nigerians of this age to only farm,when doctors,engineers and other professional are all around this country.
Any good government is never afraid of debt,what it is afraid of is a crippling economy, because a working economy can service it's debt since capital is committed to produce good and services which employ people,and tax returns for government expenditure ,but a crippling economy is simple the death of capital,there is no production,no service and no taxes. The concept of driving a car is not the same for an airplane,but it seem Nigerians have employed a driver for our aeroplane.
Good luck with that,is the least I can say.

2 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Proffdada: 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2016
permanentgrace:

I had read the entire article and i was not expecting anybody to support this evil act solely instituted by Buhari administration against humbled Nigerians. Is it that you are blind or not just sensitive to people's plight? A reknown newspaper house like punch made an on-hand experienced reports on hardship people are passing through all over the country and you are here trying to defend an iddiot president who does not even know a fool like you exists. I would've suggested you go buy sense from the market if it's sold there cos you obviously dont have one. Dont quote me. I can never wish to know an iddiot like you. Unam Ikot.

@topic, we have all seen the unfortunate situation Buhari has thrown us into. And he seems not to even be worried over the hardship on people in the land. The iddiotic president who came into power through deceit still feels ok, flying up and down globally not minding the true situation the citizens are exposed to. Why wont the price of everything in the market skyrocket when wrong economic policies are put in place? If a man whom i know was a very successful importer is now resorting to selling his properties to attend to family needs, then the economy is really biting hard. Those who are not working depended on the few ones in the family who were working. Now those ones have been fired and the entire family thrown into untold hardship. God, in whatever way we had offended you, forgive us and kill Buhari for us for the sake of the other 170m nigerians. Thank You Father for we know You have answered our prayers...amen.
with this whole missive of incoherence you fail to realise one thing: the economy is bad because some people moved our wealth to foreign accounts in time of plenty when the monies should have gone into future investments that would have sustained the youths of today. Instead of blaming, we're to find solutions

2 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by permanentgrace(m): 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2016
chronique:
Such a sad situation. Lord,I thank you for the little I have. I had too quickly call someone,after reading this thread. I keep wondering how the person is surviving.

You wont understand until you either totally unemployed, not earning and cant even get little favours from family members. That is when you will have a better picture. If you are able to still stay afloat despite the hardship, thank your God.

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by 1freshdude: 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
amazingspiderma:
I can't believed that people are still blaming oil prices as an excuse for the incompetent Buhari.
There has been case studies of how governments have successful shielded nations from commodity price drop,through sound economic policies and besides, this is not even a global recession.Was it this bad in 2007/8.
What is the point stopping rice importation when,our local industry does not have the capacity to cope with demand locally.
How can a leader be encouraging Nigerians of this age to only farm,when doctors,engineers and other professional are all around this country.
Any good government is never afraid of debt,what it is afraid of is a crippling economy, because a working economy can service it's debt since capital is committed to produce good and services which employ people,and tax returns for government expenditure ,but a crippling economy is simple the death of capital,there is no production,no service and no taxes. The concept of driving a car is not the same for an airplane,but it seem Nigerians have employed a driver for our aeroplane.
Good luck with that,is the least I can say.

List the countries in the same economic misfortune as Nigeria today, that has saved the day with smart leadership (speak with fact please)

You talk about debts to resuscitate the economy like it's so easy to get a loan of the magnitude required...you think it's like asking your brother for 50k? No bro, the conditions for getting loans are usually very stringent with far long term implications for economic outcomes in recipient countries.

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by SailorXY: 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
omojoshy:
Na Buhari cause am?

Very soon, when Rain no gree fall, people go still drop the blame @ Buhari's door steps.

When the past regimes were busy SHARING the Excess Crude Oil money, nobody cares about the future.

Now that most states can not pay salaries, Buhari is the scape-goat.
keep quiet ogbeni. You no get talk.

2 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by excess4luv: 3:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I could say the same thing you said about GEJ's regime for the Gowon, Obasanjo and Shagari';s regime up to 1982.

That ie because of high oil prices....there appeared to be plenty for all.

But GEJ's prosperity.....and the prosperity of the Gowon, Obj 's first coming and Shagari was that it was dependent on high commodity prices.

Or why would Okonjo Iweala be telling people in 2015 that even in the event of a GEJ win......there would be hardship.

I hate to break it to you.....but GEJ's regime was a failure. It did not rid us of our dependency of oil It did not tell Nigeria the truth...that we were really a poor nation posing with money we did not have. And PMB too should wake up to that reality.....and force Nigeria on the path that serious nations have gone through.

The path of industries and freedom from oil dependency.(Not car assembly plants that drain our oil revenues).

Oil is not our friend.
APC dished out too many campaign promises and propagandas against last government, placing high hopes in many Nigerians and convincing to perform miracles and even one year after they were still blaming past government without telling Nigerians the true state of affairs in our economy.
Today APC and BUHARI is in the presidency, there is no hope for the economy the preached to have understood before inception, I expected a robust, proactive and resilient approach in agriculture, industrialization, improved local production and purchasing, development of impact youth empowerment programmes to resuscitate the economy, but none is the case.
The serious witch hunting of oppositions in the name of corruption fight has never helped our economy one bit, and many are afraid to invest in the country for fear of government approach.
Too many problems has been created within the last one year, OIL price is not the problem but the management and incapable hands at the economy of this great nation.

I REMAIN 5%

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by 1freshdude: 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
excess4luv:

APC dished out too many campaign promises and propagandas against last government, placing high hopes in many Nigerians and convincing to perform miracles and even one year after they were still blaming past government without telling Nigerians the true state of affairs in our economy.
Today APC and BUHARI is in the presidency, there is no hope for the economy the preached to have understood before inception, I expected a robust, proactive and resilient approach in agriculture, industrialization, improved local production and purchasing, development of impact youth empowerment programmes to resuscitate the economy, but none is the case.
The serious witch hunting of oppositions in the name of corruption fight has never helped our economy one bit, and many are afraid to invest in the country for fear of government approach.
Too many problems has been created within the last one year, OIL price is not the problem but the management and incapable hands at the economy of this great nation.

I REMAIN 5%

You expect all of these in 1year? Really? Why not in 6months?
Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by SeverusSnape(m): 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
Realist2:

A corps member serving my area collapse and fainted for over 3hours yesterday when trekking to his PPA, we rushed him to hospital and discovered that he has not eaten for 3days even when he is not fasting, saying nothing to eat.
I swear this your short narrative moistened my eyes. *sigh* too bad. Anyone who denies the suffering going on in this country now needs to be taken to a mental facility.

2 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Proffdada: 3:13pm On Jul 02, 2016
Rayhutar:

Zombi, why is it that we did not have this hardship during GEJ tenure, oil is selling above $50 now, Gej tenure oil prices fluctuate, sometimes it sells at $70, when you have incompetent leader that did not have a common WEAC certificate, what did you expect Some Nigerians choses an un-educated warn out old man over a young PhD holder and the result is what they are getting,shove yours excuses!!!!
The erudite nairalander grin

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by southpole: 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:
I implore everyone here to take his/her time to read this article... Then you'll know that Nigerians are really suffering in this Buhari regime. I mean, mind blowing hardship is in the land. But his online zombies are here saying trash and blaming the dullardeen's incompetence on his predecessor.

If you are given a man who has been killed and butchered can you easily raise him to life? that is what GEJ and past leaders did to the economy you are yelling about before they handed it over to buhari, for you to say Buhari is solely responsible for this I think you are wrong, Nigerians as a nation we are all responsible and for any body to think is only one man that can rescue the situation is also wrong. all of us irrespective of where we are coming from must do something to revive the economy. It is very unfortunate we found ourselves in this situation, those of us who are Christians know the story of Joseph in Egypt when he advised Pharaoh to start saving in the 7 years of plenty harvest. There was a time when the crude oil was selling at about $150 per barrel we did not save but squandered everything including the foreign reserve. Today Saudi Arabia an oil exporting country like Nigeria has over $850 billion from crude oil savings and other sources, is just like any employee who will not border to save but blame his employer. leaders that wouldnt mind to share money meant for the purchase of weapons to fight a voracious enemy wouldnt mind to do anything to destroy the economy.some have arqued that past Leaders should not be blame but I dont know how you can treat a disease without talking about the cause.

2 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Sylvester70(m): 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2016
well its not my fault that i didnt read it all but the first act is way above sin.during the biafran war parents would sacrifice their portion for their kids even breasting feeding them flatterned breast untop hunger and u na own neva reach 5 month una done already start to de sell ur kids maybe by the times it reaches 1 year una go dey ur manhood,liver,kindey and even una heart join.do unto other what u would like them to do unto u.KARMA

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by sdindan: 3:17pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by SeverusSnape(m): 3:18pm On Jul 02, 2016
francizy:

Only fools will still stand with Buhari after this brazen display of incompetence, cluelessness, dullness, vindictiveness, tyranny, visionlessness, directionlessness, nepotism, heartlessness, tribalism, bigotry, hypocrisy, etc.
cool cool perfect descriptions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Adedolapo1406(m): 3:18pm On Jul 02, 2016
Proverb 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn. I regret my support for this illiterate man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Poured Salt Inside My Neighbour’s Generator, He Will No Pay Nepa Bill" - Lady / Creative Maternity Shoot Of Husband Putting A Pregnancy Into His Wife (Pics) / A 13-Year-Old Boy Gives Part Of His School Fees To Ice Cream Seller (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.