Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,464 members, 7,836,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law (33818 Views)

Edward Lametek Adamu Appointed As CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari / Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari / Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor By Law, Says Agbakoba, Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by cktheluckyman: 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2016
Progressive01:
There has been no order for stay of execution or vacation of the judgement passed by the Federal High Court so your argument holds no water whatsoever.

In addition, you can get emotional all you want and blame Buhari (after all, he's been your ace bogeyman from day1) for even the grades you made in elementary school- the law is blind to all that- EVIDENCE and sound argument/persuasion is what matters.

there is a valid court order from the Abia state high court stopping Uche Ogah's swearing in.Besides the constitution is very clear that once the notice of appeal is filed,the incumbent will retain his seat until his appeal is exhausted
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by AtlanticBreeze: 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2016
kahal29:

You detest Agbakoba because he told you the truth. Here him again :

“A Notice of Appeal is clearly not a Stay and INEC has broken no Law in issuing Certificate of Return to Ogah.
I don't detest agbakoba but I dont agree with his view on this.. Listen to the NBA president

In his reaction, the President of Nigeria Bar Association, Austin Aleghe, stated that while he was not fully briefed on the issue, the position of the law is that when a stay of execution and a notice of appeal has been filed, it is incumbent on all parties to stay action to avoid a situation where one’s interest will be rendered nugatory.

1 Like

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Abagworo(m): 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

how are the two cases related? Peter obi was impeached.. How are the cases related? SMH

Peter Obi's Agulu people never threatened other Anambra people when he was impeached but Ikpeazu's Ngwa are threatening fire and brimstone. I meant they should emulate Obi and allow the law bring back Ikpeazu.

5 Likes

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by cktheluckyman: 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
Abagworo:
Ikpeazu should obey the law and ask his people to stop the threat. Peter Obi was once replaced by Etiaba but still bounced back because he followed due legal process. Hopefully Ikpeazu will be back for justice demands Abia Governorship come from Ngwa, Asa or Ndoki sub ethnic groups.

Peter Obi was impeached!! dear.Once you are impeached you will have to vacate office.This case is entirely different.Governor Ikpeazu will retain his seat and continue to appeal the judgment.That is the position of the law

3 Likes

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by cktheluckyman: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
Abagworo:

Peter Obi's Agulu people never threatened other Anambra people when he was impeached but Ikpeazu's Ngwa are threatening fire and brimstone. I meant they should emulate Obi and allow the law bring back Ikpeazu.

bros he asked you a direct question,just answer and stop deviating
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by cktheluckyman: 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
kahal29:

Hahaha... My people no they like hear the truth that is why they argue blindly Most times

you that don't argue blindly why dont you quote a law that says unless Ikpeazu secures a stay of injuction,he will no longer be Governor? Do we even have such a precedent in this country?

1 Like

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
bejeiodus:
These legal titans have clarified the grey areas, but resignation is an anathema to many Nigerian politicians. They would rather be forced out than leave honourably. I don't see the governor quitting office without a fight. He is going to throw enough punches until he loses his strength.
did you also read the assertion of the NBA president?
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2016
Abagworo:
Ikpeazu should obey the law and ask his people to stop the threat. Peter Obi was once replaced by Etiaba but still bounced back because he followed due legal process. Hopefully Ikpeazu will be back for justice demands Abia Governorship come from Ngwa, Asa or Ndoki sub ethnic groups.
I know you are a green snake but,your plan and your APC will never work in Abia state.
I go with the assertion of the NBA president.

2 Likes

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
frankline5:
did you also read the assertion of the NBA president?
Yes, I did. He made it unambiguously clear who the governor is.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Abagworo(m): 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
cktheluckyman:

bros he asked you a direct question,just answer and stop deviating

I explained what I meant. I wasn't comparing the incidences that led to vacation of seats but the reaction of the people in the two cases. The question is unnecessary in this situation.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by lightheart(m): 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
cktheluckyman:

you that don't argue blindly why dont you quote a law that says unless Ikpeazu secures a stay of injuction,he will no longer be Governor? Do we even have such a precedent in this country?

Hear the NBA President:
In his reaction, the President of Nigeria Bar Association, Austin Aleghe, stated that while he was not fully briefed on the issue, the position of the law is that when a stay of execution and a notice of appeal has been filed, it is incumbent on all parties to stay action to avoid a situation where one’s interest will be rendered nugatory.

So my question is were both filed by Ikpeazu's lawyers?
If yes, were they gotten from the same FHC?

Because, with my level of comprehension, I'd say the NBA president is saying the same thing with Falana and Olisa.

3 Likes

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Abagworo(m): 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
frankline5:
I know you are a green snake but,your plan and your APC will never work in Abia state.
I go with the assertion of the NBA president.

Na wa for this man. You need some psychological evaluation to ascertain your level of madness and it's remedy.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by mrphysics(m): 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The law must take its course. Though Ikpeazu should have approached the same court for a stay of execution pending the outcome of his appeal at the Appellate Court.

I don't think an Abia High Court can override the order of FHC Abuja.

I have to admit that Ikpeazu is on a very thin rope

This is integrity brother. good work but steer clear from PMB. Help settle PDP case, everything nah double double

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by AtlanticBreeze: 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
lightheart:

Hear the NBA President:

[s]If yes, were they gotten from the same FHC?[/s]
Rubbish
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by cktheluckyman: 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
lightheart:

Hear the NBA President:

If yes, were they gotten from the same FHC?

is it that you have not been reading news in the last few days or what ?Ikpeazu posted documents which showed he had already filed the notice of appeal and stay of execution which was actually delivered to INEC before the mischievously went ahead to hand Uche Ogah a certificate of return!!!

The APC and INEC are playing games in Abia state

1 Like

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by lightheart(m): 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

Rubbish

Haba na. Clear me na. My people say 'onye ajuju anaghefuefu (person wey ask question no loss)'
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by nwadiuko1(m): 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2016
Abagworo:

abagworo, the ngwa people are only reacting to comments like "ngwa people how far" "ngwa people ndi ohi vote".........so you see you can't really blame them....

1 Like

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by lightheart(m): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
cktheluckyman:

is it that you have not been reading news in the last few days or what ?Ikpeazu posted documents which showed he had already filed the notice of appeal and stay of execution which was actually delivered to INEC before the mischievously went ahead to hand Uche Ogah a certificate of return!!!

The APC and INEC are playing games in Abia state
Bros no vex na. I dey take style collect legal tutorials here. cool
You know the lawyers also mentioned something about courts of coordinate jurisdiction not having the power to stay each other's order....something along those lines.
Clear my confusion biko.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by modath(f): 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The law must take its course. Though Ikpeazu should have approached the same court for a stay of execution pending the outcome of his appeal at the Appellate Court.

Jokes and sentiments aside, has no rope, he's screwed.

All he probably is doing is trying to buy time in order to get Justice Mary Odili to work "magic" (allegedly) excluding that, the case is cut and dried..

It's justice for Alex Otti...

1 Like

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by franchizy(m): 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Thank you my brother. You have said it all. Ikpeazu's lawyers were not sharp or smart enough.

In the eyes of the law, the order from the Abia state High court is a kangaro otder and cant over ride that of the Federal High court Abuja.

On a second thought, Ikpeazu lawyers would have approached the Federal High court Owerri, Imo state or FHC Port Harcourt to secure shsrply a stay of execution.

For the fact that his Appeal does not contain a stay of execution, i join you to say that Ikpeazu is hanging on a thin rope.

I bet you that by monday inspite of the public holiday he declared in the state, he will be forced to vacate office.

Thete are much plans to withdraw all his security details then file a suit of forgery against him. His case will go for accelerated hearing and he will be convicted thereby rendering his Appeal useless.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by cktheluckyman: 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
lightheart:

Bros no vex na. I dey take legal tutorials here.
You know the lawyers also mentioned something about courts of coordinate jurisdiction not having the power to stay each other's order....something along those lines.
Clear my confusion biko.
Bros the law says once an appeal is filed, all actions will be suspended. Ikpeazu will remain Governor until his appeals are exhausted

1 Like

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by cktheluckyman: 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2016
franchizy:

Thank you my brother. You have said it all. Ikpeazu's lawyers were not sharp or smart enough.

In the eyes of the law, the order from the Abia state High court is a kangaro otder and cant over ride that of the Federal High court Abuja.

On a second thought, Ikpeazu lawyers would have approached the Federal High court Owerri, Imo state or FHC Port Harcourt to secure shsrply a stay of execution.

For the fact that his Appeal does not contain a stay of execution, i join you to say that Ikpeazu is hanging on a thin rope.

I bet you that by monday inspite of the public holiday he declared in the state, he will be forced to vacate office.

Thete are much plans to withdraw all his security details then file a suit of forgery against him. His case will go for accelerated hearing and he will be convicted thereby rendering his Appeal useless.
Who are you to describe the osisioma high court as a kangaroo court? You have decided to pick the judgement that suits you.

Why do you have to wait for Monday to arrest him? Why don't you lead a team to abia today and effect the arrest

2 Likes

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by lightheart(m): 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Bros the law says once an appeal is filed, all actions will be suspended. Ikpeazu will remain Governor until his appeals are exhausted

Ok. Thanks.
One side say they provide a stay of execution. The other side said they did not receive. I sha know we can't have two liars in one matter. grin
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Abagworo(m): 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
nwadiuko1:
abagworo, the ngwa people are only reacting to comments like "ngwa people how far" "ngwa people ndi ohi vote".........so you see you can't really blame them....

If I was an Ngwa man I would not allow my people start calling out Buhari or attacking FG knowing fully well that I'm not loved by other members of my State. It is clear that a coalition of non-Ngwas will do anything to deny Ngwa governorship in Abia State and that is why I was sentimental or emotional in my support for Ikpeazu. I like justice and equity which calls for other Abians to allow Ngwa rule 8 years.

Buhari is not Ikpeazu's problem. His problem is the same people he is working to improve their lives that feel too superior to be ruled by Ngwa man.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by AtlanticBreeze: 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
franchizy:

You like the person you quoted lack the needed legal knowledge to comment on this issue.. I bet you that Uche Ogar will never become a legitimate governor of abia state unless Ikpeazu is forced out which will become a coup..If there is anyone on thin rope. its uche ogar.. The illegal plan has already failed
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by AtlanticBreeze: 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Who are you to describe the osisioma high court as a kangaroo court? You have decided to pick the judgement that suits you.

Why do you have to wait for Monday to arrest him? Why don't you lead a team to abia today and effect the arrest
why do you waste time quoting hungry zombies... allow them to go and swear in uche ogar as governor.. We are waiting for the coup they are planning

2 Likes

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by AtlanticBreeze: 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
Abagworo:

If I was an Ngwa man I would not allow my people start calling out Buhari or attacking FG knowing fully well that I'm not loved by other members of my State. It is clear that a coalition of non-Ngwas will do anything to deny Ngwa governorship in Abia State and that is why I was sentimental or emotional in my support for Ikpeazu. I like justice and equity which calls for other Abians to allow Ngwa rule 8 years.

Buhari is not Ikpeazu's problem. His problem is the same people he is working to improve their lives that feel too superior to be ruled by Ngwa man.
I have seen it all on nairaland grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:15pm On Jul 02, 2016
Progressive01:
There has been no order for stay of execution or vacation of the judgement passed by the Federal High Court so your argument holds no water whatsoever.

In addition, you can get emotional all you want and blame Buhari (after all, he's been your ace bogeyman from day1) for even the grades you made in elementary school- the law is blind to all that- EVIDENCE and sound argument/persuasion is what matters.

Go through my comments since the judgement was read..I have tried albeit unsuccessfully to lecture these village scavengers, on the implication of judgement and the consequent issuance of Certificate of return to Ogah, but like Nnamdi Kanu, their phantom Biafran president, they have choosen not to learn...
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by cktheluckyman: 1:17pm On Jul 02, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Go through my comments since the judgement was read..I have tried albeit unsuccssful to lecture these village scavengers, on the implication of judgement and the consequent issuance of Certiicate of return, but like Nnamdi Kanu, their phantom Biafran president, they ave choosen not to learn...
Why don't you quit ranting on nairaland and go ahead to swear in Ogah!! Stop lecturing, Go ahead and swear in Ogah let's see
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by AtlanticBreeze: 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Why don't you quit ranting on nairaland and go ahead to swear in Ogah!! Stop lecturing, Go ahead and swear in Ogah let's see
LOL... simples
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by donstevoz(m): 1:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

so you are now getting emotional because I mentioned that Buhari has returned to his coup plotting elements? hehehe... Abia state government has severally said they have served a notice of appeal to all concerned but then you choose to believe whatever you want.. Anyway, hurry up and go and swear ucher ogar in grin grin grin
That's where you are getting it wrong. A notice of appeal does not amount to stay of execution. And INEC did say that they were only served with a notice of appeal and not stay of execution. Also, whatever injunction Ikpeazu got from the state high court is not binding on the judgement of the federal high court because they are correspondent. So what you can do is to urge Ikpeazu to prove INEC wrong and display a copy of the stay of execution from an appeal court (not a high court) that he served INEC, otherwise he's an arsenal fan, I mean a goner.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Beremx(f): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
Congrats to Governor Uche Sampson Ogah.

Where's Ngwakwe and his numerous monikers to comment on this topic when you need him?

Ponponkon, o gi ni n'eme?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Datti Baba-Ahmed: Confusion Over Peter Obi's Running Mate’s Age / President Buhari Summons Imo Governor, Minister Of Power / Fashola Hands Over To Ambode Today- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.