Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law (33823 Views)

Edward Lametek Adamu Appointed As CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari / Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari / Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor By Law, Says Agbakoba, Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
kahal29:

Barca my bro I hail you sir.
I gree you my boss

1 Like

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
mrphysics:

This is integrity brother. good work but steer clear from PMB. Help settle PDP case, everything nah double double
My brother that is what we are up to now.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Nkem4040: 1:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
Progressive01:
Stop foaming in the mouth and spitting all over the place. This is about Abia state governor and not one Red Albino Monkey being ravaged in Kuje.

Ikpeazu should respect himself and vacate the office because before the law right now he's an imposter. Uche is the governor recognised by the constitution and anyone who conducts government business with Ikpeazu does so at the own risk.

Ikpeazu should go pursue his case in court but while he does so, government activities can't be suspended. The position isn't an inheritance.

Yoruba.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
franchizy:

Thank you my brother. You have said it all. Ikpeazu's lawyers were not sharp or smart enough.

In the eyes of the law, the order from the Abia state High court is a kangaro otder and cant over ride that of the Federal High court Abuja.

On a second thought, Ikpeazu lawyers would have approached the Federal High court Owerri, Imo state or FHC Port Harcourt to secure shsrply a stay of execution.

For the fact that his Appeal does not contain a stay of execution, i join you to say that Ikpeazu is hanging on a thin rope.

I bet you that by monday inspite of the public holiday he declared in the state, he will be forced to vacate office.

Thete are much plans to withdraw all his security details then file a suit of forgery against him. His case will go for accelerated hearing and he will be convicted thereby rendering his Appeal useless.
My brother, even those won't help him. he should have done so in the same court or Appeal court. Foolish lawyers
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by AtlanticBreeze: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
donstevoz:

That's where you are getting it wrong. A notice of appeal does not amount to stay of execution. And INEC did say that they were only served with a notice of appeal and not stay of execution. Also, whatever injunction Ikpeazu got from the state high court is not binding on the judgement of the federal high court because they are correspondent. So what you can do is to urge Ikpeazu to prove INEC wrong and display a copy of the stay of execution from an appeal court (not a high court) that he served INEC, otherwise he's an arsenal fan, I mean a goner.
you are twisting the whole issue.. INEC first said they didn't receive anything, when the governor provided proof they turned to say it was notice of appeal and not stay of execution, well according to the NBA president even a notice of appeal should maintain the status quo.. Inec has become partisan... uche ogah can never become a legitimate governor. quote me anywhere
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Oksman(m): 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

Falana is a zombie lawyer, Falana may be one of the APC zombies on nairaland... I don't understand why agbakoba is trying to rubbish his name with this pedestrain opinion... I had better gone with the opinion of an authority which is the NBA president
Can't you put down your comment without abusing him? you should read carefully digest and understand what they are saying before descending on them, you are not a SAN as they are, although the nigeran systm is a puzzle lets kéep our fingers crossed and watch the unfolding drama that is sure to have unquantifiable consequences on our nascent democracy.

4 Likes

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
bejeiodus:
Yes, I did. He made it unambiguously clear who the governor is.
I doubt you reas what he said.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:43pm On Jul 02, 2016
cktheluckyman:

there is a valid court order from the Abia state high court stopping Uche Ogah's swearing in.Besides the constitution is very clear that once the notice of appeal is filed,the incumbent will retain his seat until his appeal is exhausted

Can we see the section of the constitution, that says that, Chukwudi? grin

1 Like

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by AtlanticBreeze: 1:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
Oksman:

Can't you put down your comment without abusing him? you should read carefully digest and understand what they are saying before descending on them, you are not a SAN as they are, although the nigeran systm is a puzzle lets kéep our fingers crossed and watch the unfolding drama that is sure to have unquantifiable consequences on our nascent democracy.
I read but couldn't understand, that of the NBA president made more sense to me..
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, even those won't help him. he should have done so in the same court or Appeal court. Foolish lawyers

Barca, have you seen? The lawyers are just repeating all I said yesterday...This is law and not sentiments..
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Oksman(m): 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

And read but couldn't understand, that of the NBA president made more sense to me..
ok.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by aresa: 1:57pm On Jul 02, 2016
If this man can not obey a simple court order or respect the law and constitution he swore to uphold and protect, he shouldn't be the governor of any state or be allowed to occupy any public office.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Barca, have you seen? The lawyers are just repeating all I said yesterday...This is law and not sentiments..
Absolutely Kwarrect my dear
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by aresa: 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

you are twisting the whole issue.. INEC first said they didn't receive anything, when the governor provided proof they turned to say it was notice of appeal and not stay of execution, well according to the NBA president even a notice of appeal should maintain the status quo.. Inec has become partisan... uche ogah can never become a legitimate governor. quote me anywhere

Inability to read and comprehend simple English words at your old age is not good for you and the society you exist in.

Both men are members of the same political party, but according to your poor and lousy comprehention skills and warped judgement, this is partisanship and the fault of the President of Nigeria.

How sad and pathetic..

2 Likes

Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Carmal90(m): 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2016
kahal29:

You detest Agbakoba because he told you the truth. Here him again :

“A Notice of Appeal is clearly not a Stay and INEC has broken no Law in issuing Certificate of Return to Ogah.

This is d statement he made in full

“A Notice of Appeal is clearly not a Stay and INEC has broken no Law in issuing Certificate of Return to Ogah. But they should have relied on the prudential principle by cautioning themselves, giving the fact that they have received a Notice of Appeal, which in itself, does not constitute a stay of execution of the order of the court. However INEC has broken no law by issuing the certificate of return to Ogah,”Agbakoba said.

Don't just come here and spew thrash
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by donstevoz(m): 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

That's not what he said. You are quoting him wrongly. Read it again and understand what he said. Well, it's not in our position to decide. It's a legal matter, so let's watch on as things unfold
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by franchizy(m): 2:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother some lawyers are hrartless because they want to eat money.

They had enough time to file a stay of execution sincean Appeal hasbeen filed but they ignorantly never did so rather they adviced the governor to declare a public holiday to buy unnecessary time.

I wont be suprised to hear tomorrow that Uche Ogar has been sworn in. if i were Ikpeazu i would have honourablly vacated the office and seek for peace from ogar to prevent him from arresting and prosecuting him for forgery.

A case of forgery has been established now against Ikpeazu and the man is in a hot soup except he sues for peace.

May God help his supporters to teason wisely.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by aresa: 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2016
franchizy:

My brother some lawyers are hrartless because they want to eat money.

They had enough time to file a stay of execution sincean Appeal hasbeen filed but they ignorantly never did so rather they adviced the governor to declare a public holiday to buy unnecessary time.

I wont be suprised to hear tomorrow that Uche Ogar has been sworn in. if i were Ikpeazu i would have honourablly vacated the office and seek for peace from ogar to prevent him from arresting and prosecuting him for forgery.

A case of forgery has been established now against Ikpeazu and the man is in a hot soup except he sues for peace.

May God help his supporters to teason wisely.

Staying in office by any means necessary means immunity from prosecution. These crooks know exactly what they are doing.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by ElDaIllest(m): 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2016
Sit tight Patriots embarassed
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by miqos02(m): 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2016
ok
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by franchizy(m): 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2016
aresa:

Staying in office by any means necessary means immunity from prosecution. These crooks know exactly what they are doing.

I conquer unopposed.
Shalom.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by mapet: 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The law must take its course. Though Ikpeazu should have approached the same court for a stay of execution pending the outcome of his appeal at the Appellate Court.

I don't think an Abia High Court can override the order of FHC Abuja.

I have to admit that Ikpeazu is on a very thin rope

Admit that Ikpeazu was naive and have himself to blame. He goofed on many fronts aside from his fake tax certificate, he approached a relatively lower court, he didn't file both the appeal and the stay of execution at the same time? He's hoping sentiments will hold sway when there are clear dicrates. . .
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2016
This man has been contaminated by the virus of this era. APC has finally caged even the hitterto uncageables. Surely, money answereth all things
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
mapet:

Admit that Ikpeazu was naive and have himself to blame. He goofed on many fronts aside from his fake tax certificate, he approached a relatively lower court, he didn't file both the appeal and the stay of execution at the same time? He's hoping sentiments will hold sway when there are clear dicrates. . .
Blame his lawyers my dear friend, I think they were only after his money. SMH at them
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by tiwasiaife(m): 3:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
If ikpeazu is no longer the governor then Buhari should not be president of Nigeria too.Waec which stand as preliquisit for contesting president was a pre election matter. We can't continue to behave like this in Nigeria and expect peace to rain.
Court freed Nnamdi KANU falana and co kept quiet
Court freed Dasuki falana and co kept mute
Court freed FFk Falana and co didn't talk.
God will punish evil men who don't want peace
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Mrjo(m): 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Nonsense both you and the useless APC lawyer Falana can go to hell.There is a notice of appeal and a valid court order keeping Ikpeazu in office

The Abia state CJ is also law abiding and will not disobey a valid court order.
from which court? Pls pray ur oga will nt go jail. Abia must be free from scammers.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Montaque(m): 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The law must take its course. Though Ikpeazu should have approached the same court for a stay of execution pending the outcome of his appeal at the Appellate Court.

I don't think an Abia High Court can override the order of FHC Abuja.

I have to admit that Ikpeazu is on a very thin rope
Both courts are of co-ordnate jurisdiction. There is nothing superor there. Don't let the word federal in fhc decieve u. They both have jurisdiction on the matter.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by Ojiofor: 3:31pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ikpeazu is no longer Abia state governor by law-GBAM!
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by kcnwaigbo: 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2016
mapet:

The osisioma high court is not lower than the FHC!! Ikpeazu also filed both the appeal and stay of execution before INEC handed over the certificate of return to Ogah so get your facts right.

Anyway the appeal court will rule on the stay of exexution suit on monday.so everything should be taken care of by then.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
Montaque:

Both courts are of co-ordnate jurisdiction. There is nothing superor there. Don't let the word federal in fhc decieve u. They both have jurisdiction on the matter.
Read again, I said Abia state High Court or any other High Court(state of Federal) cannot override the judgement of FHC Abuja.

My position is that the defendant should have gone to the same judge to apply for stay of execution or to the Appellate Court, and not another High Court.
Re: Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law by mjabdulk: 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
it will be unfortunate for Nigerian laws if this continues like this, for someone not to follow the law of the land but due political reason wants to shun it. is that written someone can use politics to manipulate laws without following due process?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Obaseki Acquires Commuter Buses (Photos) / Atiku Abubakar Meets With South-East And South-South Governors In Port Harcourt / Faces Of Party Leaders At The APC Mega Rally In Bayelsa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.