Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,883 members, 7,848,571 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:24 AM

Killing Your Oppourtunities - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Killing Your Oppourtunities (666 Views)

Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? / Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Killing Your Oppourtunities by WILLIAMS10: 11:25am On Sep 07, 2009
Imagine yourself holding a knife to kill your beloved pet or something.I know you will say you cannot do it but most of the times,in our search for success,we kill ourselves,our dreams and ultimately our great future.I will explain.

How many times have you had an opportunity to achieve that dream of yours and you fittered away the chance,you frittered away the opportunity.And you all know that opportunity lost can never be gained.For instance,it has been your lifelong dream to sing to a large congregation and an opportunity to do that falls in your lap but you refuse to take it.Why? Stagefright.What you have just done is to kill your opportunity to become a singing star.Now,let me ask you,how many times have you killed such dream-fulfilling opportunities? I know you have a couple of times and I wont even pretend I sometimes do not fall into this opportunity-killing madness.Yes,I call it madness because it is what has been hindering you from becoming what you have always wanted to be.

You see,our search for success will become elusive if we don't take advantage of opportunities.Okay,you are complaining of money,you have just been given an opportunity to manage in a company but you refuse to take it.Why? The pay is too low.Don't you know that while doing that low-paying job,you can come across a better offer through the people you meet on the job? We always kill opportunities and I want you to make up your mind today to leave the club of opportunity-killers.

Are you still saying you are not an opportunity-killer? Okay,how often do you take the opportunity that falls upon you? Be it learning how to sing, playing the guitar, cooking, swimming, etc. How often do we take the opportunity to upgrade ourselves and constantly pursue more knowledge? Knowledge does not equate the textbooks and revision books you bought.You have to constantly upgrade yourself by learning new skill sets and becoming competitive in a highly competitive world.

So,how do you leave the club of opportunity-killers? Two things.One,you need to be able to 'see' opportunities to achieve your goals and 2,you need to take advantage of them while they are hot and fresh.

Ability to 'see' opportunities.I am not talking about eyesight here,I am talking about hindsight.Agreed that our school systems do not teach us to recognise money-making opportunities but you've got to train your mind to start seeing the opportunities that will bring your success.If it means praying,pray so that your mind will be alert to opportunities and once you have sighted them,take the bull by the horns and utilize them for your good.Don't allow procrastination,fear or laziness to stop you from taking advantage of the opportunities that fall in your laps.

As you go through this week,determine to take advantage of opportunities that come your way because opportunities are what God gives us to achieve our dreams.God will not give you money but will give you opportunities to make money.As long as you take advantage of the opportunities,you are okay but if not,let me just remind you that opportunity lost can never be gained.Maybe that will wake you up to start taking advantage of your golden opportunities NOW!

I 'm outta here.Catcha next Monday!

PS:You have a golden opportunity to learn how to make $1000 Monthly from Adsense and Blogging at my seminar on August 23rd,2008 at Excellence Hotel,Ogba-Ikeja,don't kill. for more tips please visit www.wwwchurchofpentecostyouths..com

(1) (Reply)

No Subject / Do U Know Adam And Eve Are Nigerians?check This! / Thrive Nigeria With The Word Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.