Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:37 AM

To Muslims, I Rejoice With You As You Bring This Fasting Cycle To Completion. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Muslims, I Rejoice With You As You Bring This Fasting Cycle To Completion. (1518 Views)

Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion / Why You Shouldn't Rejoice When A Wicked Man Dies / Daddy Freeze: Pastor Calls God On Phone In The Church As Sheeple Rejoice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Muslims, I Rejoice With You As You Bring This Fasting Cycle To Completion. by MetaPhysical: 5:21pm On Jul 02, 2016
Man is a creature of God and therefore he depends on Gods power, on something superior to himself. This dependency on God is demonstrated through spiritual and action directed towards Olodumare. Such acts are those that originate from love, reverence, faithfulness, honesty, prayers, ritual, sacrifices, initiations and fasting. These are all actions that facilitate harmony, not only between man and God but amongst making in general. O, we see from this that it is through prayer and fasting we approach God directly. We need to develop holiness (i.e. cultivating iwa pele) so we through prayer and meditation can lift our mind and soul to connect with his supreme energy. Only in this way can our supplications, petitions and prayers be accomplished without hindrance or human made obstacles. God himself speak to us, through dreams, visions, signs and many other spiritual means. We have said that prayer and fasting is important tools for connecting with God and this recommendation is from the odu iretekanran that says:

IRETE OKANRAN, LO DIFA FUN ORUNMILA BABA AGBONMIREGUN NI OJO TI GBOGBO AWO FI PADE SILE OLU-AWO, IFA SO WIPE KI ORUNMILA KI ONI ISERA, KI O GBAWE SULE LONI, KIO LE BORI OTA, KI O SI REYIN OLODI, ORUNMILA GBO, O GBAWE, OGBADURA, O SINI SERA, LOJO NAA NI ORUNMILA BORI AWON ONISE IBI TI O FE SEKU PA ORUNMILA, O SI REYIN ODI.

The meaning of this Odu is:

Irete Okanran made divination for Orunmila, Baba Agbonniregun on the day when all the sons of the secret (Babalawos) were gathering in the house of the chief diviner. Irete Okanran advised Orunmila to make a fast and engage in prayer the whole day, to not eat or drink anything at the gathering. He would do this in order to gain victory over his enemies and those adversaries conspiring against him. He heard the advice and did as prescribed. He fasted and prayed until the day dawned and as a consequence he conquered adversities and gained victory over his enemies.

The fasting and prayer was directed to Olodumare and the 'Lord of Life'. It was Olodumare that came to Orunmilas aid and made it possible for him to gain victory. The tool used for making this possible was Ifá divination. By learning Ifá you will gain access to the ancient and solid way of communicating with Olodumare and all his divinities and gain insight in the solutions for bringing good fortune into your life.

http://akamara.com.br/cosmology_id1.htm
Re: To Muslims, I Rejoice With You As You Bring This Fasting Cycle To Completion. by missKiffy(f): 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
Blah, blah, blah, blah

(1) (Reply)

Most Europeans Are Israelities. / God Almighty Olumba Olumba Obu Warns Enemies To Leave President Buhari Alone / World Ends Sept.23.... Are You Afraid Of Anytin?? (PICTURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.