Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,038 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? (1378 Views)

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? / We Humans Are Making The World A Sick Place, Yet We Blame God / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by IamMichael(m): 8:09am On Jul 03, 2020

This is one of the frequently asked questions by religious people, and i have decided to answer it through this thread.

Atheists don’t blame God for anything.

The extent an atheist blames the god of any religious sect is to the extent you blame a villain in a fictional story.

Think of Thanos, Lord Voldemort, General Zod, Darkseid or any other fictional villain.
The context within which they're discussed in every day parlance are strictly restricted to their impart in a movie or comics or novel. However, when it is being discussed in real life, it's as if an actual human character is being discussed.

So, when an atheist is discussing a religious god, they are not in fact discussing him for anything in reality. They're just discussing him within the concept of a fictional character based on religious mythology and superstition just like you discuss the fictional characters from the movies you watch.

Drops pen!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Joagbaje(m): 8:33am On Jul 03, 2020
They believe in God . They know there's God they just trying to deny him his title by their rebellion out of whatever got them angry. Loss of nother ,father, failure,struggle etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Joagbaje(m): 8:35am On Jul 03, 2020
They believe in God . They know there's God they just trying to deny him his title by their rebellion out of whatever got them angry. Loss of nother ,father, failure,struggle etc.

Tai solarin had issue with government and was put in prison . He gave God deadline to get home out or else... that's how he denies God. You don't give condition to God. You follow his condition.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by IamMichael(m): 8:54am On Jul 03, 2020
Joagbaje:

They believe in God . They know there's God they just trying to deny him his title by their rebellion out of whatever got them angry. Loss of nother ,father, failure,struggle etc.

Tai solarin had issue with government and was put in prison . He gave God deadline to get home out or else... that's how he denies God. You don't give condition to God. You follow his condition.
What is the name of the 'God' you are talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by LordReed(m): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2020
Joagbaje:

You know there's no god, you are just following what was indoctrinated in you from an early age and which you find comforting. You are just lying to yourself that there is a god because you need a universal father figure maybe because your parents failed you one way or another, you are looking for a strong parental hand.

Yeah 2 can play the game. LoL!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by MiddleDimension: 10:18am On Jul 03, 2020
Joagbaje:

which of the gods do we know exist? oranmiyan, zeus, shiva, allah, jehovah, thor or amadioha?
bible says "be still and know that i am god..." in other words, forget yourself and what you are or can do and also what you know...become like an innocent child who knows nothing and is just innocently marveling and wondering about what he sees...bible says until you become like the children, the kingdom is not for you. he even thanked the father for revealling it to "mere children", those who innocently marvel and wonder about what they see.
NOW, WHEN WE BECOME LIKE THOSE CHILDREN, WHEN WE EMPTY OUR HEADS OF WHAT EVER WE KNOW, AND MARVEL AND WONDER ABOUT EXISTENCE, WE DO NOT SEE YOUR GOD, WE SEE SOMETHING ELSE: NATURE IN ALL ITS GLORY EXPLAINED BY SCIENCE. THIS HUMBLES US AND WE TAKE LIFE EASY! BECAUSE WE CAN SEE AND UNDERSTAND EXISTENCE, WE BECOME CAPABLE OF SUBLIME THINGS AND AS A RESULT OF THAT, WE BECOME THE TRUE LIGHT OF THE WORLD BECAUSE WE SUPPLY SOLUTIONS!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by kingxsamz(m): 10:26am On Jul 03, 2020
Exactly...
You'll see ignorant comments like... " The fact that you're talking about god, proves that he exists". Like TF? undecided
It's no different discussing or arguing about the character, Jon Snow.
Christians like to say their fictional god is perfect, so atheists prove them wrong by showing them the flaws in their god and doctrine.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by kingxsamz(m): 10:27am On Jul 03, 2020
Joagbaje:

Which of the 4000 gods? Please be specific, don't be giving us headaches, lol.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by orisa37: 10:59am On Jul 03, 2020
FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN.
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Image123(m): 11:02am On Jul 03, 2020
kingxsamz:

Which of the 4000 gods? Please be specific, don't be giving us headaches, lol.

The One you spend 90% of your efforts criticising of course. Even you will not be dull enough to whine about spangettimonster and co

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:03am On Jul 03, 2020
kingxsamz:
Exactly...
You'll see ignorant comments like... " The fact that you're talking about god, proves that he exists".

WE ONLY TALK ABOUT GOD TO COUNTER WHAT THEISTS TALK ABOUT GOD.
WE ONLY BLAME GOD FOR BAD THINGS AS A REACTION TO THEISTS THANKING GOD FOR GOOD THINGS.
IF THEISTS STOP TALKING ABOUT GOD, THEY'LL NEVER HEAR FROM ATHEISTS. ATHEISM ONLY EXISTS BECAUSE THEISM AND ALL IT'S RIDICULOUSNESS EXISTS.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Image123(m): 11:06am On Jul 03, 2020
kingxsamz:
Exactly...
You'll see ignorant comments like... " The fact that you're talking about god, proves that he exists". Like TF? undecided
It's no different discussing or arguing about the character, Jon Snow.
Christians like to say their fictional god is perfect, so atheists prove them wrong by showing them the flaws in their god and doctrine.

Only that you don't talk about Jon Snow every day, or do you? Jon Snow did not even exist or claim to exist 20years ago.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Image123(m): 11:10am On Jul 03, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

WE ONLY TALK ABOUT GOD TO COUNTER WHAT THEISTS TALK ABOUT GOD.
WE ONLY BLAME GOD FOR BAD THINGS AS A REACTION TO THEISTS THANKING GOD FOR GOOD THINGS.
IF THEISTS STOP TALKING ABOUT GOD, THEY'LL NEVER HEAR FROM ATHEISTS. ATHEISM ONLY EXISTS BECAUSE THEISM AND ALL IT'S RIDICULOUSNESS EXISTS.

You don't exist because theists exist, don't think so unfortunately of yourself. This are suicidal thoughts oh. You exist because God created you and had mercy on you to see today.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 03, 2020
Joagbaje:

This is a big lie. Tai Solarin said in his book, "A message to young Nigerians" that he became an atheist when he went abroad. He said that was the first time he heard people talk about the existence or inexistence of the deity.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by kingxsamz(m): 11:41am On Jul 03, 2020
Image123:

Only that you don't talk about Jon Snow every day, or do you? Jon Snow did not even exist or claim to exist 20years ago.

Oh...based on your logic, if I talk about the character, Jon snow everyday, that means the character exists? undecided
And how do you know I don't talk about Jon snow everyday? undecided

Jon Snow did not even exist or claim to exist 20years ago.

Your god does not exist, and never did, or even claimed to, you're the one doing it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by kingxsamz(m): 11:46am On Jul 03, 2020
Image123:

You don't exist because theists exist, don't think so unfortunately of yourself. This are suicidal thoughts oh. You exist because God created you and had mercy on you to see today.
Was he the one that created the children he ordered soldiers to slaughter?

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Image123(m): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
kingxsamz:

Oh...based on your logic, if I talk about the character, Jon snow everyday, that means the character exists? undecided

Your god does not exist, and never did, or even claimed to, you're the one doing it.

i know only a deranged person will talk of Jon Snow every day, he's not as important to you. Your parents did not find him important enough to name you with him in consideration. More than half the world has never and will never hear about him. He makes no real claims about being god of any sort.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Image123(m): 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
kingxsamz:

Was he the one that created the children he ordered soldiers to slaughter?

Exactly why He has a right to slaughter them. i cannot go and slaughter the 1000chickens in my neighbour's poultry. i can kill ALL the ones in my house right now. Why? They belong to me. That's the simple logic, i expect you to go all emotional now instead of logical.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by kingxsamz(m): 2:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
Image123:

Exactly why He has a right to slaughter them. i cannot go and slaughter the 1000chickens in my neighbour's poultry. i can kill ALL the ones in my house right now. Why? They belong to me. That's the simple logic, i expect you to go all emotional now instead of logical.

Yeah... That's what I'm saying.
Your imaginary god is not a good god.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
IamMichael:

What is the name of the 'God' you are talking about?

grin The Battle Begins!

The Highest and Most Powerful Name we are able to identify Him with And to Let Him Know that we are indeed Calling Him and not someone else is "God", The Mighty, The Glorious, The Creator!
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
LordReed:

You know there's no god, you are just following what was indoctrinated in you from an early age and which you find comforting. You are just lying to yourself that there is a god because you need a universal father figure maybe because your parents failed you one way or another, you are looking for a strong parental hand.

Yeah 2 can play the game. LoL!

No, I am not!

I have seen Him and met with Him and He is A Very Very Good Person and very Pleasantly Wonderful, Who is Too Much in Everything grin.

Oh! I Love Him
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by IamMichael(m): 2:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin The Battle Begins!

The Highest and Most Powerful Name we are able to identify Him with And to Let Him Know that we are indeed Calling Him and not someone else is "God", The Mighty, The Glorious, The Creator!
Name? undecided
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
MiddleDimension:

which of the gods do we know exist? oranmiyan, zeus, shiva, allah, jehovah, thor or amadioha?
bible says "be still and know that i am god..." in other words, forget yourself and what you are or can do and also what you know...become like an innocent child who knows nothing and is just innocently marveling and wondering about what he sees...bible says until you become like the children, the kingdom is not for you. he even thanked the father for revealling it to "mere children", those who innocently marvel and wonder about what they see.
NOW, WHEN WE BECOME LIKE THOSE CHILDREN, WHEN WE EMPTY OUR HEADS OF WHAT EVER WE KNOW, AND MARVEL AND WONDER ABOUT EXISTENCE, WE DO NOT SEE YOUR GOD, WE SEE SOMETHING ELSE: NATURE IN ALL ITS GLORY EXPLAINED BY SCIENCE. THIS HUMBLES US AND WE TAKE LIFE EASY! BECAUSE WE CAN SEE AND UNDERSTAND EXISTENCE, WE BECOME CAPABLE OF SUBLIME THINGS AND AS A RESULT OF THAT, WE BECOME THE TRUE LIGHT OF THE WORLD! BECAUSE WE SUPPLY SOLUTIONS.

If you see Nature, then you see His Work! For is it not in Nature to see the Result or work done by Another?

So it is, with Him! cheesy If you see His Work, you must see Him. If you want.
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:34pm On Jul 03, 2020
IamMichael:

Name? undecided

I Already answered you, The Highest Name we can Find To Call Him is God, The Mighty and the Creator!
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:39pm On Jul 03, 2020
kingxsamz:

He does exist.

The first Proof is that you are in his house called the World. And your mother too knows that it is not her house
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by IamMichael(m): 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I Already answered you, The Highest Name we can Find To Call Him is God, The Mighty and the Creator!
You have not said anything! undecided
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by kingxsamz(m): 2:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

He does exist.

The first Proof is that you are in his house called the World. And your mother too knows that it is not her house

Alright bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
Image123:

Oh Sweet Answer, grin Fire Away!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
kingxsamz:

Alright bro.

Glad to help! cheesy
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by kingxsamz(m): 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Glad to help! cheesy

Yeah, thanks.
I now believe in God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by IamMichael(m): 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2020
kingxsamz:

Yeah, thanks.
I now believe in God.
Hahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahaha! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2020
IamMichael:

You have not said anything! undecided

There is no more cognible statement that can be said other than the above, just as after A,B,C to Letter 'Z', no other letter remain to use again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua / What A Strong Faith Does / If You Dont Preach, God Will Not Give You Good Health By Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.