Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

In Defence Of Olisa Metuh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Defence Of Olisa Metuh (990 Views)

Buhari Smiles As He Shakes Makarfi, Olisa Metuh, Others / Arms Deal: Panel Uncovers N2.175bn Fraud In Defence Ministry / Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by Emmysteve(m): 4:19am On Jul 03, 2016
I must say I am highly disappointed in some people especially the ones I thought would stand up against this era of oppression by the Buhari led government. I have never met with Olisah Metuh neither am I his relative or political associate. In fact, he doesn't know me but I want to put the record straight base on logical and rational reasoning. I am not in support of corruption even though I am totally against the ongoing one sided fight against it.

Olisa Metuh has never denied collecting the 400 Million naira from the Former President Goodluck Jonathan in the first place. Since his arraignment, Metuh stand is that GEJ gave him the money to carry out a project which he executed perfectly. But EFCC did all they could to torture him into submitting an offence he didn't commit.

For those celebrating that Metuh offers to return the "looted funds" while pledging his support against Buhari fight against corruption, let it be known that he was advised by his relations to take the decision and not his wish. The family of Metuh offered to source for funds and return it so that he can attend his medical needs since the EFCC are hell bend in torturing him till surrender instead of allowing the court to pronounce judgment.

Until the court says otherwise, Olisah Metuh is NOT guilty, he was only a victim of torture to forced him into accepting to return the funds.

Lastly, until people like Burutai, Kayode Fayemi, Rotimi, Aisha, Fashola, Tinubu and the rest are probed I will continue to see Buhari as an unrepentant tyrant.

2019 is not too far again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by bakila: 4:43am On Jul 03, 2016
N400m in the kitty, your freedom of expression exercised on Nairaland, and Metuh's Conviction and sentence to one month imprisionment and fine of N1m doing press up.
What do you think? Is that not good enough for 2019?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by Emmysteve(m): 4:48am On Jul 03, 2016
bakila:
N400m in the kitty, your freedom of expression exercised on Nairaland, and Metuh's Conviction and sentence to one month imprisionment and fine of N1m doing press up.
What do you think? Is that not good enough for 2019?
Well that's your opinion young man and I don't get your point.
Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by Oklander: 4:50am On Jul 03, 2016
Only thief go dey defend thief...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by maryjan8(f): 4:52am On Jul 03, 2016
Good
Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:10am On Jul 03, 2016
Emmysteve:
I must say I am highly disappointed in some people especially the ones I thought would stand up against this era of oppression by the Buhari led government. I have never met with Olisah Metuh neither am I his relative or political associate. In fact, he doesn't know me but I want to put the record straight base on logical and rational reasoning. I am not in support of corruption even though I am totally against the ongoing one sided fight against it.

Olisa Metuh has never denied collecting the 400 Million naira from the Former President Goodluck Jonathan in the first place. Since his arraignment, Metuh stand is that GEJ gave him the money to carry out a project which he executed perfectly. But EFCC did all they could to torture him into submitting an offence he didn't commit.

For those celebrating that Metuh offers to return the "looted funds" while pledging his support against Buhari fight against corruption, let it be known that he was advised by his relations to take the decision and not his wish. The family of Metuh offered to source for funds and return it so that he can attend his medical needs since the EFCC are hell bend in torturing him till surrender instead of allowing the court to pronounce judgment.

Until the court says otherwise, Olisah Metuh is NOT guilty, he was only a victim of torture to forced him into accepting to return the funds.

Lastly, until people like Burutai, Kayode Fayemi, Rotimi, Aisha, Fashola, Tinubu and the rest are probed I will continue to see Buhari as an unrepentant tyrant.

You're not normal.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by babadee1(m): 5:13am On Jul 03, 2016
OP, are you seriously saying you don't know it is a criminal offense to use public funds for party activities? The issue here is not whether GEJ gave Metuh the #400 million for an assignment. The issue is where did the money come from?
EFCC has traced that money to the office of the NSA from funds budgeted to buy arms to fight Boko Haram. Spending govt money on PDP campaign activities is a crime. And don't tell me APC also did it cos two wrongs do not make a right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by Agromuda(m): 5:18am On Jul 03, 2016
OP just wan try to be relevant! Chai!!! Olisa Metuh was forming Van Damme at the begining, claiming they shd charge him to court. Now the case is in court, but Olisa Metuh is pleading to return our Money. @OP..Can your family persuade U to accept a crime U neva committed? Ansa plz?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by bakila: 5:24am On Jul 03, 2016
Emmysteve:
Old man read harder, age does things to the vision and assimilation as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by BayLord01(m): 5:40am On Jul 03, 2016
Project without written documents, No feasible evidence ... More bed space for looters in kuje prision pls cos the hero of democracy may join them if Pmb change his mind towards him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by Sall(m): 5:41am On Jul 03, 2016
Emmysteve:

Another corrupt wailer spotted ,yes 2019 is not far again I guarantee you the President will win again

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by naijaboy756: 5:45am On Jul 03, 2016
Who funded APC's bogus election sad 2019 is not far sha! A seed planted today will grow. First APC planted the seed of insulting a sitting President. Now it has earned their oga names such as President Buhari,gworo chewing bastard etc. Now they are planting the seed of harassing the opposition. It will mature after 2019.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by naijaboy756: 5:47am On Jul 03, 2016
Typing dullarin*o auto corrects the name to President Buhari. Softwares even know this

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by rusher14: 5:51am On Jul 03, 2016
It is for this reason that a plea bargain should never be entertained.

These same hoodlums would always repudiate their guilt once a deal is Cutcombe.
Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by Leebeedo(m): 5:53am On Jul 03, 2016
[quote author=babadee1 post=47153229]OP, are you seriously saying you don't know it is a criminal offense to use public funds for party activities? The issue here is not whether GEJ gave Metuh the #400 million for an assignment. The issue is where did the money come from?
EFCC has traced that money to the office of the NSA from funds budgeted to buy arms to fight Boko Haram. Spending govt money on PDP campaign activities is a crime. And don't tell me APC also did it cos two wrongs

Ask GEJ where the money came from since he's the giver. By the way, why is GEJ not arrested ?
Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by ehissi(m): 5:54am On Jul 03, 2016
babadee1:
OP, are you seriously saying you don't know it is a criminal offense to use public funds for party activities? The issue here is not whether GEJ gave Metuh the #400 million for an assignment. The issue is where did the money come from?
EFCC has traced that money to the office of the NSA from funds budgeted to buy arms to fight Boko Haram. Spending govt money on PDP campaign activities is a crime. And don't tell me APC also did it cos two wrongs do not make a right.

Please be Objective, if your rich brother give you a car as a birthday present and then 6 months later; the EFCC come to arrest you for using stolen public funds to buy a car, what do we call you??

A thief?? The man was paid to render a service and he did, he wasn't accuse of stealing money but money believed to be stolen was linked to him, why no deal with the thief; if truly the money was stolen??

Do market women, fuel attendants and bus conductor question your source of money when you pay for services??

Party/political sentiments aside, be objective.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by Habakus: 6:01am On Jul 03, 2016
The truth remains that Buhari's corruption is totally selective. You might be happy today that he's flouting all known court orders and due process,and selectively deciding who is probed and who is not,but pray it doesn't get to your turn. You might say no,that you're not a politician,but since Buhari is setting a precedence,a government one day might come after you or one of yours with trumped-up charges,maybe then you'll understand what we're saying now. Are you saying that throughout Fashola and Amaechi's tenure as governors,they never stole a dime of public fund? Really? Fashola? Amaechi? Come on people,you know better.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by babadee1(m): 6:02am On Jul 03, 2016
ehissi:

Please be Objective, if your rich brother give you a car as a birthday present and then 6 months later; the EFCC come to arrest you for using stolen public funds to buy a car, what do we call you??

A thief?? The man was paid to render a service and he did, he wasn't accuse of stealing money but money believed to be stolen was linked to him, why no deal with the thief; if truly the money was stolen??

Do market women, fuel attendants and bus conductor question your source of money when you pay for services??

My guy it's not even an issue of being objective. Pls what does the law say? Under every legal system in this world and in every country on earth if somebody gives you stolen money or stolen goods or goods bought with the proceeds of stolen money you are equally liable as the original thief. The best you can hope for is to be allowed to refund the money if indeed truly you did not know.
But realize that anybody can knowingly receive stolen funds and later claim that they didn't know so it's your words against the prosecution. And most times the judicial process will tend to side with the prosecution under those circumstances.
I personally know a friend of mine who unknown to him bought a car that was stolen. When the police finally traced the car to him he had to forfeit the vehicle to the original owner and the money he used to buy it was never refunded. If my friend had refused to return the stolen car he would have been charged to court for theft. That is the issue Metuh is facing now.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:13am On Jul 03, 2016
rusher14:
It is for this reason that a plea bargain should never be entertained.

These same hoodlums would always repudiate their guilt once a deal is Cutcombe.
Accepting a plea deal/bargain is an admittance of guilt. You have to go in front of a Judge and plead guilty before a plea deal is enforceable.

I think the mistake Nigerians, and Mr.Metuh,are making is thinking a plea deal means they get a slap on the wrist. It is not. As AUSA (Federal Prosecutor), I remember off the top of my head more than a few cases where I offered plea deals (and secured convictions ) of Life In prison without the possibility of parole---- meaning they accept to die in prison (as opposed to me seeking the death penalty on behalf of The People, at trial).

If I was the Prosecutor in Mr.Metuh's case I would offer him a plea deal of 10-15 yrs in prison. I would go this hard because (as can be seen from his vituperations through his Attorney in the Dailies) Mr.Metuh still doesn't believe he is guilty; meaning he hasn't learned his lesson and will most likely commit the same offense if the opportunity presented itself again in the future. Either accept that or proceed to trial and get hit with the maximum sentence for wasting the court's time and tax payers' money when your guilt is finally established. It's not in the Defendant's right to ask for, or propose, one.

A plea deal is not a slap on the wrist. At least it's not supposed to be. That's not why it was created. A plea deal simply means: "I'm guilty, I deserve to be punished for my actions, I won't waste your time or money trying to pretend I'm innocent, so please go easy on me at sentencing". That is, in essence, the meaning of a Plea Deal.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:15am On Jul 03, 2016
babadee1:

My guy it's not even an issue of being objective. Pls what does the law say? Under every legal system in this world and in every country on earth if somebody gives you stolen money or stolen goods or goods bought with the proceeds of stolen money you are equally liable as the original thief. The best you can hope for is to be allowed to refund the money if indeed truly you did not know.
But realize that anybody can knowingly receive stolen funds and later claim that they didn't know so it's your words against the prosecution. And most times the judicial process will tend to side with the prosecution under those circumstances.
I personally know a friend of mine who unknown to him bought a car that was stolen. When the police finally traced the car to him he had to forfeit the vehicle to the original owner and the money he used to buy it was never refunded. If my friend had refused to return the stolen car he would have been charged to court for theft. That is the issue Metuh is facing now.
Ignorance of the law is not an excuse, or a defense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by ashjay001(m): 6:21am On Jul 03, 2016
ehissi:

So d he got d job from d NSA? At least he knew d ONSA paid him for a job he supposedly did for a political party and that doesn't smell or taste fishy? Go and buy an iphone6 for 20k and then sue anyone who calls u a thief!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by Adeoba10(m): 6:28am On Jul 03, 2016
Avians of the same plumage conglomerate. The Op talking about project, i think d project was lagos to calabar rail line. How can you b defending a thief, when d person involved has already succumbed n asked for forgiveness,dats using panadol to someone else headache. You talking about Fashola n Ameachi,lets dem finish dia tenure n if pdp should won next election den dey can go ahead n probe dem, atleast it will reduce rate of corruption in every sitting tenure.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by Abeymills(m): 6:45am On Jul 03, 2016
Stolen money according 2 d tyrant dullard clueless northern president abi burantishi d snake shammer is a saint Aisha d crook ametif bubuharis campaign atm machine is Saint all dis hypocrites bad belle zombies full everywhere here will c d truth yet will deny according 2ur tin god bubuhari Nigerians are corrupt dats y managing gud life as elude all Nigerians secretly looting our money employing tru d back door destroying d true federalism of Nigeria herdsmen on killing spree yeye govt

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by Abeymills(m): 6:50am On Jul 03, 2016
If zombies like ban me insult me call me supporters of corruption I don't care all if am olisa metu I will never allow dis rubish happen 2me I will go down but half of Nigeria will also go down

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by babadee1(m): 6:56am On Jul 03, 2016
Leebeedo:
Ask GEJ where the money came from since he's the giver. By the way, why is GEJ not arrested ?

That is the same excuse the Nazis used when they were put on trial for their crimes after World War 2. "I was merely following orders. My boss gave me the instructions. My superiors told me to do it, ask them." That is no excuse my friend. Many were sentenced to life in prison or even hanged because following someone else's instructions is not an excuse for committing a crime. God gave all of us a brain to think for ourselves and a conscience to know right from wrong.
Regarding GEJ, it was widely reported during the last elections that the two major presidential candidates had struck a deal moderated by the US under John Kerry's influence and local interest groups led by Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar. They both promised that whoever lost would be given total immunity from prosecution. It was in the news at the time. Also PMB was recently quoted to have said that he would never forget the kind gesture of GEJ in conceding defeat so quickly and graciously. I think it is safe to say that GEJ will never be arrested under Buhari.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Olisa Metuh by bakila: 11:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
Emmysteve:
This boy, when you grow you would assimilate. For now do dumb people things and enjoy your life.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Has Clearly Shown That He Belongs To Somebody / “You’re A Total Failure,” APC Chieftain Slams Buhari-(premiumtimes) / Still On That Dog Matter By Reuben-abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.