Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

The Bigotry Of Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bigotry Of Atheism (6526 Views)

Confusion?: Atheists Disassociating Themselves from the Bigotry of New Atheism / The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article (2) (3) (4)

The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
Often times, atheists make use the word “stupid” a lot more than they use the word “irrational” on christians. There are a couple definitions to consider…

athe•ist
noun \??-th?-ist\
: a person who believes that God does not exist or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods

big•ot
noun \?bi-g?t\
: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

I do not see, in the definition of atheist, any type of statement about science, logic, reason, tolerance/intolerance, or religious beliefs of other people. I do, however, see this type of statement in the definition of bigot. Atheism is a lack of a belief in God, nothing more. Any other statement (Such as; until evidence is provided, irreligious societies are developed e.t.c) has absolutely nothing to do with atheism.

Lets examine this for a moment. Is there any real difference between these two statements?

A). Black people are stupid.
B). Religious people are irrational.

Of course not. Oh, atheists may come with their excuse: “But religious people are irrational!” This of course is the same justification used by racists. Both types of bigotry offers no evidence for their assertions, they only repeat them louder and more forcefully.

Atheism becomes bigotry when it makes prejudicial statements about religious people. Prejudice is prejudice and intolerance is intolerance, and both are irrational regardless of who commits it. Despite its scientific pretensions and its pronouncements of love for reason, many atheists offer arguments laden with logical fallacies of hasty generalization, strawman arguments, and most of all ad homenim attacks. They are, in fact, fundamentally no different in all of this from the islamic or other religious fundamentalists.

That there is a brand of atheism that is equivalent in character and substance to fundamentalist religion. We can call it “fundamentalist atheism.” Like their religious counterparts fundamentalist atheists are characterized by their ideological orientation, militancy, and dogmatic thinking. The fundamentalist atheist says that belief in God or any higher power is a sign of irrational thought and idiocy and that good and intelligent people will agree with their views. We see this in atheists like Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens and their followers. The arguments of Dawkins and Hitchens, et al. are, in their structure, no different than the arguments of bigots like Osama Bin Laden, James Dobson and Gary Bauer. The atheist will say “but I don’t condemn people to hell.” Yes, but only because you don’t believe in hell. What is important is the condemnation itself, not what you think should happen to those you condemn.

Most contemporary atheists belong to this brand of militant atheism. In addition to the example given above, there are ones that are just as troubling, if not more so. We constantly hear that religion is a mental illness/disorder, virus, or disease, but this statement is never simply stated. It is always laced with insults, intolerance, or hatred. Not that this statement has ever been scientifically supported, but let’s assume it has, just for argument sake. Now let’s assume I dislike and ridicule someone with depression, HIV, ADHD, brain tumor, or cancer. You would certainly call me a bigot for holding those types of beliefs. Sam Harris actually admits that religion has an evolutionary (biological) role in our past. This means that religion is a naturally occurring human trait, that one does not have control over, such as hair or skin color.
Oddly enough, even though Sam Harris admits the biological nature of religion, he still has the audacity to propose violence against some who hold religious beliefs;

[b]“Some propositions are so dangerous, that it may even be ethical to kill people for believing them. This may seem an extraordinary claim but it is merely an enunciates an ordinary fact about the world in which we live. Certain beliefs place their adherents beyond the reach of every peaceful means of persuasion, while inspiring them to commit acts of extra ordinary violence against others. There is, in fact, no talking to some people. If they cannot be captured, and they often cannot, otherwise tolerant people may be justified in killing them in self-defense…” (Harris, End of Faith p. 52-53)

“What will we do if an Islamist regime…ever acquires long-range nuclear weaponry? If history is any guide, we will not be sure about where the offending warheads are or what their state of readiness is, and so we will be unable to rely on targeted conventional weapons to destroy them. In such a situation, the only thing likely to ensure our survival may be a nuclear first strike of our own. Needless to say, this would be an unthinkable crime-as it would kill tens of millions of innocent civilians in a single day-but it may be the only course of action available to us, given what Islamists believe.” (Harris, End of Faith)
[/b]

Can someone explain to me how this is any different than what Hitler did? That is a perfect transition into another common practice of bigots…they attempt to support their views. Atheists use things such as “science” and “logic,” as if those somehow justify their beliefs. The fact of the matter is that bigots will always find a way to support their views, even science. I know the atheists will claim that science could never support something such as racism…except that it has…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism

In the late 1800s, until the 1980s, no that is not a typo, the 1980s, science was used to justify and support racism and other things. The United States sterilized women up until the 1980s for displaying “bad genes.” An example of “bad genes” would be something such as having a child out of wedlock.

There is another interesting term in scientific racism…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism#Eugenics

It is called Eugenics. Eugenics was the science of the day. It was the future of humanity. In eugenics, we could perfect the human race by eliminating “negative traits,” or “bad genes.” Does this sound familiar? There is a slightly famous event based on this science. It is called the Holocaust. Atheists claim that Hitler was using religion. No, Hitler was using science. He was perfecting the human race by eliminating the bad genes…by killing anyone that had them. The Nazis also preformed scientific experiments on people to “advance science.”

Atheists will probably argue that we NOW know this is bad science and that science has come a long way. That is true, but there is still bad science and a way of presenting facts to make a specific argument. In addition to that, scientists say unscientific things, which are construed as science by people that are not smart enough to actually look it up.

Case and point is Richard Dawkins. Dawkins claims that religion is like a mental illness or virus. To make this claim, we can assume he has some type of scientific basis for it. What we would look for is an experiment using the scientific method…

-Ask a question
-Do background research
-Construct a hypothesis
-Test with an experiment
-Analyze results/draw conclusion
-If hypothesis is true, report results. If results are false or partly true, reevaluate hypothesis
-Report results

But Dawkins, even though he is a scientist (Zoologist), never actually does this. Not only does he not perform an experiment he also fails to cite a legitimate scientific experiment. To date, there has been a grand total of ONE experiment ever done on this topic. This experiment is called the “God Helmet.” However, once we evaluate this experiment, we find out it is not only flawed, but has never been able to be reproduced. Dawkins claims actually go against the science. Sam Harris was nice enough to point out that religion is biological in nature and served a positive purpose in the past.

What Dawkins is doing is psychoanalysis AT BEST, but is really just using abductive reasoning and making inaccurate comparisons. Abductive reasoning is what some Intelligent Design proponents do. They say “this looks like it was designed, therefore it was designed.” That is the exact same argument and line of reasoning as “religion looks like a mental disorder, therefore it is a mental disorder.” I have never heard an atheist claim that ID proponents are using science, so I can only conclude that when Dawkins uses the same type of reasoning, he is not using science.

Based on this, we can conclude one of two things…

1. Dawkins is either stupid/ignorant, and not as smart as you think or
2. Lying to you to promote his propaganda and bigotry…or to make money selling books…

The atheist’s mistake is Argumentum ab auctoritate or appeal to authority. It is assumed that what Richard Dawkins is saying is true and/or is science because he is a scientist and an “intellectual.”

Not only are the atheist’s claims not science, they are not logical. It is all propaganda and catch phrases use to promote their bigotry or convince themselves they are not bigots.

Even if an atheist could prove that God does not exist (a logical impossibility) it would not justify the bigotry. And it is utter hypocrisy to condemn the bigotry of islamic and other religious fundamentalists and act the same way.

Sources: 1. philosophyotb.com
2. Kevin Stern

cc; KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 12:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
You just got to respect sincere atheists!!! grin

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2016
I need my laptop for this . This is so so juicy . Thanks bro winner01 . Church service just ended . God bless everyone cool

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by Strawman: 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
Lol I've always wondered myself why many atheists are so pained. cheesy

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
Strawman:
Pained to an extent that they would rather attack religious people and spend their money to erect billboards and other expensive stands just to defame christianity, rather than using such money for charitable organizations, to build schools, hospitals, science laboratories e.t.c. They will later claim that atheism is not a thing, its just a lack of belief.

The real people who lack a belief are those like Mark Zuckerberg who live their lives as though they really lack a belief, Zuckerberg and other reasonable people who really lack a belief do not go about evangelizing atheism. Just the same way i do not go about asking people not to believe in santa claus simply cos i lack a belief in santa claus. That is what a lack of belief means. These nairaland cry babies actually do believe in God, but they need to fight hard to suppress that belief.

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by tammie24: 12:50pm On Jul 03, 2016
Strawman:
they always wonder what if they are wrong

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 1:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
tammie24:
they always wonder what if they are wrong
Thats why they need to fight it everyday of their lives to convince themselves that they are correct. Many of them have advocated and filed petitions that religious structures and inscriptions be removed from environment, currency and also government houses.
How is this any different from the ideas of Islamic militants, Josef Stalin, Mao and their likes.
Thank God for Christianity. Christianity is the reason they have a voice in the first place.

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2016
Here are snippets of tweets from atheists and their vituperative attacks on Christians . Please pay attention to the date too . Some of these tweets are a few days old - this is proof that atheists have the disposition to show any form of bigotry against Christians , or other religious groups .

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
what is this one saying?
do you know how many atheists are closet atheists in Nigeria because their life would be destroyed or probably killed for coming out?
its the religious that can't tolerate us
I'm an atheist and everyone around me knows that, I've been accused wrongly of many things by "militant theists"
I've been called Devil worshipper all for saying I'm an atheist, businesses and relationships with certain people disappear because I came out atheist; and it must be pointed out that those business and personal relationships had no hiccup (at least not for my lack of belief) until I came out
I'm getting more passed over for promotions at work much more now than when everyone thought I was a theist;
funny how you got pictures of militant atheists abroad
how about those "militant atheists" that you know of here? mention 10 of them
nairaland is where we can show our frustrations with these happenings
if you think those things I wrote up there that we are facing are made up, try being outwardly atheist for 6 months, I'm not saying you should become one, just saying pretend like one outwardly, then see what happens in your life

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Here are snippets of tweets from atheists and their vituperative attacks on Christians . Please pay attention to the date too . Some of these tweets are a few days old - this is proof that atheists have the disposition to show any form of bigotry against Christians , or other religious groups .
But hahn who probably lives underground will tell you repeatedly: "Atheism is not a thing".
Cloudgoddess will almost swear: "Atheism is biology"
Dalaman who viewed this thread earlier will say: "hxs«÷uw%¿¿¡uwiso¿¡nsb/**wgw" coated with hate.

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
More derogatory comments from atheists .

To @VagabondVeli , you sound stu.pid simply because you believe in Jesus

According to the following tweet , you are just stupid if you are a christian and abnegate evolution

Someone needs to explain to supersmart @TanyaMuneer74 , that virgin birth was possible because God is supernatural - defies natural laws . But apparently , she wont listen because as a christian , you are st.upid .

@ArtofDispair who perhaps died and came to life to ascertain the validity of heaven thinks you are st,upid for just believing in Heaven

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
and the most amazing part is that both Muslims and Christians would join hands to frustrate your life for being atheist
for instance, most Muslims had no problem with me being a Christian (while I was a Christian) but suddenly started having issues with me being a "free agent"
shouldn't they like me more as a "free agent" than as a Christian?
logically speaking they should but they don't
they don't care which god I choose, they just want me to chose one, anyone

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
According to this tweet, Christians are naive and foolish for trying to show religious tolerance

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nairaland atheists are not left out at all .

plaetton:

It doesn't work as simple as that for religiotards.

Their brains, theirs receptor neurons are filled and barricaded with layers of lead, inspired by fear.
Imparting direct knowledge is completely out the question.

Zoharariel:
... both Christianity & Islam have finally caught up with each other in their competition to propagate their gospel of lies & propaganda, but unfortunately, people with low I.Qs usually end up as their victims.

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 2:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Nairaland atheists are not left out at all .

how about you make a collection of nairaland theists too insulting atheists?
double standards and hypocrisy
I'm out of here

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2016
winner01:
But hahn who probably lives underground will tell you repeatedly: "Atheism is not a thing".
Cloudgoddess will almost swear: "Atheism is biology"
Dalaman who viewed this thread earlier will say: "hxs«÷uw%¿¿¡uwiso¿¡nsb/**wgw" coated with hate.

Lmao . Cloudgoddess is still a 100/200 level student in the university who just learnt about evolution and her little mind thinks there is no God .

Hahn is still vacillating over consensual sex between siblings being right or wrong . Dalaman and his threadbare arguments ... sigh

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
what is this one saying?
do you know how many atheists are closet atheists in Nigeria because their life would be destroyed or probably killed for coming out?
They will probably be destroyed by muslims my brother. Christianity is the reason why we hear your voices

hopefulLandlord:

I've been called Devil worshipper all for saying I'm an atheist, businesses and relationships with certain people disappear because I came out atheist; and it must be pointed out that those business and personal relationships had no hiccup (at least not for my lack of belief) until I came out
Well, if the people who judged you were christians, we can evaluate their actions using the commandments of Jesus Christ who instructed us to "Judge not!!!"

hopefulLandlord:

I'm getting more passed over for promotions at work much more now than when everyone thought I was a theist;
Thats sad but understandable considering that fact that this is a majorly religious country, whose citizens would neither hand over power to an atheist nor trust an atheist with their businesses.
I would not condemn an atheist but I would not vote for an aspiring atheist president considering the history of numerous atheist heads of states the world has had. You can click HERE and HERE for proof.
Ill take my chances with an acclaimed theist. We still have such Heads of state today ruling over North korea.

hopefulLandlord:

funny how you got pictures of militant atheists abroad
how about those "militant atheists" that you know of here? mention 10 of them
I dont have their pictures my friend, However I have solid proof that if 95% of atheists here are given the power, they would not hesitate to end religion forever. You can click HERE for the proof you seek.

hopefulLandlord:

nairaland is where we can show our frustrations with these happenings
At least we have an atheist who is honest enough to admit that they are frustrated. But the nature of your frustration is yours, you cant speak for others.
Some atheists are angry that they have numerous theist relatives, some are angry because they think the problem of Nigeria is religious, some are angry because they have no audience outside of nairaland to listen to their cries..... and so on...

hopefulLandlord:

if you think those things I wrote up there that we are facing are made up, try being outwardly atheist for 6 months, I'm not saying you should become one, just saying pretend like one outwardly, then see what happens in your life
Yes, while I agree that i might not be socially accepted, i can safely say that many people live their lives as atheists without necessarily preaching it. I have made my findings, you can make yours.
You can get a sample of prostitutes, robbers, thugs, assasins, motor park touts and related, and try to preach christianity to them. I must warn you though, you might not leave in good health.

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by onetrack(m): 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2016
None of this means that Yahweh exists.

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 2:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lmao . Cloudgoddess is still a 100/200 level student in the university who just learnt about evolution and her little mind thinks there is no God .

Hahn is still vacillating over consensual sex between siblings being right or wrong . Dalaman and his threadbare arguments ... sigh
Johnnydon22 will say; "All we have is here and now" and then go about preaching such unfortunate message in pleonastic manners, as if theists dont live better or better the lives of people in the so called "here and now".
Frank317 will curse theists all day long and make his anger visible in his posts.
Davien will just write "one long epistle of nonsense" almost everyday of his life against christianity or on christian threads.
Weah96 will seem to "sincerely" request for evidence, but in the mean time will go about launching attacks on christianity and christians who claim to have been so through one evidence or the other.

But how else can we define bigotry? undecided

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
onetrack:
My friend, I'm done with trying to prove God to anyone on this forum because the intentions of this section is clear. This thread is about the bigotry of atheism, not about God. Try to stand on your feet without necessarily clinging to something.

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by Ranchhoddas: 2:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
In my experience, christians are usually the first to quote Psalm 14: 1...
Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
winner01:
Johnnydon22 will say; "All we have is here and now" and then go about preaching such unfortunate message in pleonastic manners, as if theists dont live better or better the lives of people in the so called "here and now".
Frank317 will curse theists all day long and make his anger visible in his posts.
Davien will just write "one long epistle of nonsense" almost everyday of his life against christianity or on christian threads.
Weah96 will seem to "sincerely" request for evidence, but in the mean time will go about launching attacks on christianity and christians who claim to have been so through one evidence or the other.

But how else can we define bigotry? undecided

uncle plaetton call religious people "religiotards - this is a portmanteau word for religion and re.tards . If this is not bigotry bro , I wonder what it is
Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
In my experience, christians are usually the first to quote Psalm 14: 1...
That verse was written by King David to rebuke atheism centuries before you were born. The english word translated as fool originally means "Someone who is not thinking rationally"..
Little wonder why atheists have given themselves pretentious monikers such as rationalists, free thinkers. lol

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
onetrack:
No, it means that atheists are bigots and their children tend to learn such dangerous mentalities fron their parents.

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by Ranchhoddas: 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
winner01:
That verse was written by King David to rebuke atheism centuries before you were born. The english word translated as fool originally means "Someone who is not thinking rationally"..
Little wonder why atheists have given themselves pretentious monikers such as rationalists, free thinkers. lol
At least you did not deny it. That's a massive improvement.
Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

uncle plaetton call religious people "religiotards - this is a portmanteau word for religion and re.tards . If this is not bigotry bro , I wonder what it is
Lol. He is just following orders from their Atheist high priest, Dawkin.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
At least you did not deny it. That's a massive improvement.
No man, I cant deny it. King David was right, atheists have not given us any reason to doubt King David.
Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by Ranchhoddas: 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2016
winner01:
No man, I cant deny it. King David was right, atheists have not given us any reason to doubt King David.
Why then do you complain when the gesture is reciprocated? What is the purpose of your thread?

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2016
winner01:
They will probably be destroyed by muslims my brother. Christianity is the reason why we hear your voices.

nope it cuts both ways, Muslim extremists just make their own much more open

Well, if the people who judged you were christians, we can evaluate their actions using the commandments of Jesus Christ who instructed us to "Judge not!!!"
[quote]

in a parallel universe
[quote]
Thats sad but understandable considering that fact that this is a majorly religious country, whose citizens would neither hand over power to an atheist nor trust an atheist with their businesses.
I would not condemn an atheist but I would not vote for an aspiring atheist president considering the history of numerous atheist heads of states the world has had. You can click HERE and HERE for proof.
Ill take my chances with an acclaimed theist. We still have such Heads of state today ruling over North korea.

funny how you might probably end up voting for a "closet" atheist in the process, I've NEVER been swindled by an atheist before, not saying there are no atheist swindlers

I dont have their pictures my friend, However I have solid proof that if 95% of atheists here are given the power, they would not hesitate to end religion forever. You can click HERE for the proof you seek.

like I said, we are simply taking our frustrations out on the internet because most religious people consider it a taboo to be an atheist;

BTW since you can't produce pictures of militant atheists, just say you don't have, don't use something else as substitute

At least we have an atheist who is honest enough to admit that they are frustrated. But the nature of your frustration is yours, you cant speak for others.
Some atheists are angry that they have numerous theist relatives, some are angry because they think the problem of Nigeria is religious, some are angry because they have no audience outside of nairaland to listen to their cries..... and so on...

still a huge frustration too; asides the "theist relative" the others have some truth to it (I said "some" truth)

Yes, while I agree that i might not be socially accepted, i can safely say that many people live their lives as atheists without necessarily preaching it.
if you've ever been an atheist, you don't need to preach it for people to start knowing you're one, people around you will know, you discuss with people (harmless conversation) and it almost at some point leads to God one way or another, you can try ignoring when words like "God will see us through"; "we will overcome by God's power" of course you don't say anything when they're expecting you to say "amen"; gradually it seeps out, I play football every weekends and before we start jogging, they start singing then praying in both the Islamic and the Christian way in succession, I would always just excuse myself during that or just stand there and look unemotional; it naturally leads to " bros, you no be Christian? you no be Muslim? which one you come be?" of course at some point you have to tell them before they start suspecting you're an idol worshipper or you're in a cult or something because that's even worse

I have made my findings, you can make yours.
You can get a sample of prostitutes, robbers, thugs, assasins, motor park touts and related, and try to preach christianity to them. I must warn you though, you might not leave in good health.

we don't "preach" atheism bro, that's where you're wrong; all we do is live an atheist life, one or two religious persons that know you're atheist would be the one to "SPREAD" the news that you're atheist to the whole street
there's no way you'll meet me newly and know I'm one because I don't preach it

my point however about this topic being one-sided is true
there are militant atheists and there are militant theists
for every quote you have about theists being "stupid" from atheists; you can also get the same about atheists from theists
you don't look at this in a one-sided way, that's being biased

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

nope it cuts both ways, Muslim extremists just make their own much more open
We can judge if those christians are doing the right thing from the life of Jesus Christ.

hopefulLandlord:

funny how you might probably end up voting for a "closet" atheist in the process, I've NEVER been swindled by an atheist before, not saying there are no atheist swindlers

I hope i dont. Although, some have used religion to get to the top in the past. I hope it does not happen again.

hopefulLandlord:

like I said, we are simply taking our frustrations out on the internet because most religious people consider it a taboo to be an atheist;
You are taking out your frustrations on religious people? Cos thats what atheists here do everyday and night.

hopefulLandlord:

BTW since you can't produce pictures of militant atheists, just say you don't have, don't use something else as substitute
Wow, so the quotes of nairaland atheists is not enough proof of their bigotry and violent tendencies. You want me to go to each of their houses and take their pictures. Great, just great!!

hopefulLandlord:

still a huge frustration too; asides the "theist relative" the others have some truth to it (I said "some" truth)

Well, I respect your honesty.

hopefulLandlord:

if you've ever been an atheist, you don't need to preach it for people to start knowing you're one, people around you will know, you discuss with people (harmless conversation) and it almost at some point leads to God one way or another, you can try ignoring when words like "God will see us through"; "we will overcome by God's power" of course you don't say anything when they're expecting you to say "amen"; gradually it seeps out, I play football every weekends and before we start jogging, they start singing then praying in both the Islamic and the Christian way in succession, I would always just excuse myself during that or just stand there and look unemotional; it naturally leads to " bros, you no be Christian? you no be Muslim? which one you come be?" of course at some point you have to tell them before they start suspecting you're an idol worshipper or you're in a cult or something because that's even worse

I'm sorry about that but you need to learn how to manage situations. Once they ask you "Which one you come be", Just sound like buhari and tell them "Chief, I belong to everybody and belong to nobody"

hopefulLandlord:

we don't "preach" atheism bro, that's where you're wrong; all we do is live an atheist life, one or two religious persons that know you're atheist would be the one to "SPREAD" the news that you're atheist to the whole street

Dont use the word "WE", just speak for yourself. Atheists on nairaland spend their lives preaching atheism, you can check both old and new threads of atheists on this section.

hopefulLandlord:

there's no way you'll meet me newly and know I'm one because I don't preach it

Thats quite impressive, I hope you advise your brothers here on how to be a real atheist sometime soon.

hopefulLandlord:

my point however about this topic being one-sided is true
Maybe not, I just need to correct certain notions about atheism and expose the inherent negativity of some atheists.

hopefulLandlord:

there are militant atheists and there are militant theists
for every quote you have about theists being "stupid" from atheists; you can also get the same about atheists from theists

If anything, history proves that atheists have been far more dangerous and heartless in their quest to see atheism dominate the world. A process that is still ongoing in the world that permits and advocates freedom, the christian world. We do not hear of such in the muslim world. Why then are atheists trying to suppress the same freedom which has given them a voice? undecided

hopefulLandlord:

you don't look at this in a one-sided way, that's being biased

This section is already one-sided, we can only balance it by doing this whenever we have the time.

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
winner01:
No, it means that atheists are bigots and their children tend to learn such dangerous mentalities fron their parents.

Oh my God ! That pic though cry cry . They are laughing at the kid simply because he is praying to God ? shocked shocked shocked Christians irrespective of their ages face ignominies from atheists anywhere .

Atheism and bigotry are in fact cognates !

Tufiakwa !
Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Why then do you complain when the gesture is reciprocated? What is the purpose of your thread?
We only refer them to the Bible when atheists initiate intolerant gestures. The purpose of this thread is to point out the bigotry of atheists.

Between ISIS And The Moderate Muslims, Who Is The Genuine Follower Of Islam? / How Long Have You Been Attending Your Present Church? / 3 Reasons Why I Don't Preach On Repentance ( "Turn From Sin" ) - Paul Ellis

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106