Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:29 AM

Are They Exempted From Fasting? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are They Exempted From Fasting? (892 Views)

Distance To Be Covered In A Journey That Should/will Exempt One From Fasting / What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Are They Exempted From Fasting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are They Exempted From Fasting? by Aremugangan(m): 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2009
Assala Alaykum ya jamah-l-mulimin.
After the nigeria-tunisia match of sunday, 6th september 2009, i heard the tunis pleaded for a shift in the timing of the match to enable them observe their iftar but they were denied consideration (how true it is; i don't not know). Someone around me was the opinion that since the Qur'am exempted labourers, travellers and others from fasting, they are equally exempted arguing that that is their own way of living and since they play the football professionally, its their job.
I therefore ask, are professional footballers exempted from fasting?

(1) (Reply)

Please Leave Our Bank Alone! / Muslims ‘Expect No Criticism’ / Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.