Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,304 members, 7,860,745 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:29 PM

"Can I Marry My Step-brother?" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" (1417 Views)

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / Home Alone With My Step-brother / Should I Marry This Single Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
Here is my friend seeking help, kindly advise her.

My mother re-married over six years ago and we moved into my step-father’s house. He has three children and I’ve always found his eldest child good-looking. He is in the university and I’m at the nursing school. I’m 23 and he’s two years older.
About five months ago, we finally agree to having mutual feelings of love and we kissed a lot. We recently took things a step further by making love. I love him so much and he feels the same. Our parents don’t know what is going on. He says we have nothing to fear as we are not related by blood, that legally, there’s nothing stopping us from getting married. Is it right?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
a big No!!! .. that's an abomination ..haba.... its a sin.. don't pls
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by jonaifame22(m): 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
Love is blind,pls go ahead, nothing. Binds u guys bloodwise
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by foolinlove(f): 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
It's fine. You're not related. Go for it.

1 Like

Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by DY20: 9:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
Some countries don't make big deal out of these things... But you are stupid thinking your country, "Nigeria" is "Some country"

Civilization ti take over, chasing common sense away.
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by Cadamlk: 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
Am speechless lipsrsealed
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
shockedshockedshocked
For wetin.....

*Tufiakwa* it is a taboo

Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
just my thoughts... on the wedding day Groom parent Will also be bride parent ...oro pe si je

1 Like

Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by Vendoor(f): 9:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
Generational curse loading shocked

2 Likes

Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
Vendoor:
Generational cause loading shocked
you mean curse?

1 Like

Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by Dezzx(m): 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
adk
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by Vendoor(f): 9:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
you mean curse?

Modified... Thanks
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by dannyben5: 10:03pm On Jul 03, 2016
auchomage:

My mother re-married over six years ago and we moved into my step-father’s house. He has three children and I’ve always found his eldest child good-looking. He is in the university and I’m at the nursing school. I’m 23 and he’s two years older.
About five months ago, we finally agree to having mutual feelings of love and we kissed a lot. We recently took things a step further by making love. I love him so much and he feels the same. Our parents don’t know what is going on. He says we have nothing to fear as we are not related by blood, that legally, there’s nothing stopping us from getting married. Is it right?
abomination!!...

Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2016
out of all the young men in the whole wide world of chukwu okike, it is your brother you decided to love??

nice one Lucifer, nice one!

Later people wee say that devil does not have power...
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by joliyp(f): 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
are u ok
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by Psittacus(m): 10:18pm On Jul 03, 2016
Sure you can. You are not related to each other, you met as adults, so there's no sibling love through childhood memories too. No feelings of incest should arise. As for handling the awkwardness, just invite those who you know will be happy for you both, and don't worry about the others. Be happy with your happiness, don't involve others feelings and thoughts. No one needs that kind of negativity to start off their marriage If you love each other thats all that matters in the end.
Biological siblings have a natural taboo against sexuality. It seems that “shared DNA” is a powerful deterrent to sexual attraction which is one significant reason incest is rare. Ask someone if they think of their biological siblings in sexual ways and they’ll say, “That’s gross!” Stepsiblings don’t have shared DNA and therefore, don’t have the natural taboo.
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by rawpadgin(m): 10:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
Na

Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by dauntless15(m): 10:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
auchomage:

incest, abominable act, you guys wanna have abnormal kids as a result of inbreeding and genetic mutation? Slow kids, imbeciles, down syndrome kids, retarded kids, four o clock eye kids you name it, hes the son of your mum for petes sakes.
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by Samzack(m): 10:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
Booking
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by Samzack(m): 10:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
dauntless15:
incest, abominable act, you guys wanna have abnormal kids as a result of inbreeding and genetic mutation? Slow kids, imbeciles, down syndrome kids, retarded kids, four o clock eye kids you name it, hes the son of your mum for petes sakes.
He'z nt d son of her mum, dont u get it dey met 6yrs ago wen her mum moved into d guy dad apartment
dey r nt related by blood or ties is jst d whole bringing of d relationship 2 d public will b really awkward 4 dem

2 Likes

Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by dauntless15(m): 11:01pm On Jul 03, 2016
Samzack:

He'z nt d son of her mum, dont u get it dey met 6yrs ago wen her mum moved into d guy dad apartment
dey r nt related by blood or ties is jst d whole bringing of d relationship 2 d public will b really awkward 4 dem
oh now i get, hes the son of her step dad, well its not bad at all afterall they aint related by blood its better than the guy getting her pregnant eighter way its coming out anyways
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by mr2kay(m): 11:03pm On Jul 03, 2016
I trust my parents the kind talk wey dem go talk you no go need person to tell you the answer to the op question tongue
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by schumastic(m): 11:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
this story has been settled before
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by iamdurent(m): 11:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
dannyben5:
abomination!!...
LOL @ dat pic grin grin grin grin
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by NemzySeries(m): 1:41am On Jul 04, 2016
"so ur step dad wud equally b ur father in law"............I dunt fink ur indulgence depicts #CommonSense
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by engrMikemd(m): 3:36am On Jul 04, 2016
sorry abt this but I think her brain need factory resetting.
Re: "Can I Marry My Step-brother?" by ba7man(m): 6:42am On Jul 04, 2016
Somethings just don't sound or feel right. undecided...... blood or no blood related.

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do If You Come Across This / Who Will You Call? Plumber Or Electrician? / Men Are The Best Cook,if You Like You Can Challenge Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.