Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User (48704 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / Difference Between State University And Federal University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by chiefolododo(m): 3:58am On Jul 07, 2016
You must be from covenant
deb:

Your facts please?! Or are you one of the half-baked graduates from our poor universities who spew rubbish without any facts to back it?
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 07, 2016
vodutive:

The bottom line is most Nigerian degrees are not worth the paper they are printed on. Just as you dont take degrees from the above Universities seriously, in my company we no longer take Nigerian graduates seriously, we employ them only mostly for admin and clerical functions and look to foreign graduates for professional positions. We wont admit it publicly but thats the rule.

Lol. I sha hope you got your degree(s) outside the country with this your harsh criticism.

I wonder what services your company provide that's so terribly alien to the average Nigerian graduate trained in that field.

It's simply irritating how these mediocre naija companies arrogantly condemn Nigerian graduates. Both indigenous companies and multinationals in this country have zero innovation and no functional R&grin department. The indigenous ones can't dream to compete successfully on a global scale.

Although, Naija universities (private + public) are far from standard quality, many of their graduates are certainly employable here and abroad!
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by NigerianScholar: 6:59am On Jul 07, 2016
UIA04:

Which school?

I think the only exception might be convenant

except you scored twelve in jamb then even oduduwa University and it's likes will reject you.
Jamb score 216 dijy pass putme babcock
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by danidee10(m): 7:24am On Jul 07, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
Painment

In private universities the lecturers are monitored by established institutional frameworks set in place to avoid exchange of vagina for grades,exchaging students Mark with each other and other vices we see in public universities .if a student complains about sexual harassment by a lecturer and the student fails they will check her past records whether that's her trend, find out whether she's an A,B or C student. Another exam will be conducted for her in that particular course and iF she fails she will go on suspension for slander and telling wicked lies against the lecturer. She will also be the one to pay an entirely different lecturer for his services,stay in the university guest house and his feeding who the school will hire (something similar to external examiner) who will mark her work but iF she passes the course that's the end of that lecturers career.he cannot work in that university or any other university because letters will be sent to other universities.

So what that person typed is complete balderdash. Every student in private university EARNS whatever grades they get irrespective of the millions they pay as school fees and by the way the school fees is payment of services and efficient service delivery so that his or her 4 years Will be 4years and have easy access to university facilities and services

On the other hand public university lecturers that fail students do it out of ego to show they're still the boss or they know more than the student. In some cases if the student in a public university is asking too much questions and the lecturer can't answer it the lecturer might start bullying the student academically and suffocate his intelligence /quest for more knowledge till he becomes a passive student

So stop comparing death and sleep because they're incomparable

See this one i went to a private uni.....no vex me make i no open can of worms here ooo angry
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 07, 2016
LucifersTongue:

Lol. I sha hope you got your degree(s) outside the country with this your harsh criticism.

I wonder what services your company provide that's so terribly alien to the average Nigerian graduate trained in that field.

It's simply irritating how these mediocre naija companies arrogantly condemn Nigerian graduates. Both indigenous companies and multinationals in this country have zero innovation and no functional R&grin department. The indigenous ones can't dream to compete successfully on a global scale.

Although, Naija universities (private + public) are far from standard quality, many of their graduates are certainly employable here and abroad!

It's the attitude, lack of initiative, professionalism and thoroughness of recent Nigerian graduates that's the problem. We are an international firm present in 34 countries with a small presence in Nigeria, when I say small I mean small compared to our global turnover To maintain standards, we no longer bother advertising or recruiting Nigerian trained graduates because experience has shown they cannot be left to do simple tasks. When we have vacancies we use word of mouth ans personal networks. There is a unit we closed down and now send the jobs over to our Accra office just to eliminate incompetence and buffoonery of the Nigerian graduate.

I'm not saying All Nigerian graduates are bad but it's just too much hardwork sifting through the pile to get a good one so we no longer bother. My point having a Nigerian University degree is no longer a guarantee that the holder is fit for purpose.
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by einsteino(m): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2016
Standing5:

Stop masking you half truth with needless epistle. Public unis are trash uni 97% of the time. The ultimate factor that makes private unis standard is the fact that the are regulated by public uni grads via NUC. No need for needless epistle.

I see you are just a bitter fellow. If public unis are trash, how come your schools run after lecturers and professors of public unis? who happen to also be graduates of public unis? Private unis are retirement plan of public uni professors, it is known. Try and get a life and stop being bitter, i expected a sane and logical arguement. If you want me to even give you contacts of students of private unis i have had personal experience of, i would. Am sure they would be glad to tell the truth to your face, dont go about painting private unis as the M.I.T of Nigeria. Like i have said the problem is across board.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by UIA04(f): 9:59am On Jul 07, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Jamb score 216 dijy pass putme babcock

Sorry for you den cos I know people who were admitted to study law in that same school for less
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by eyinjuege: 11:40am On Jul 07, 2016
MulticolourDeco:

Nah you no learn well. When your mates where learning, where were you. Google Doctor. Omalu and see. You are a shame to federal Universities. Are you sure you graduated from a Fed university because I dont understand why you left a fed uni to enter into a private one. Except you left the country. 30% of rich parents of fed uni graduates sends their kids outside the country to further. Its easier and those fed unis are more recognised than privates a 100% to 15%. Those student finish in flying colours after going their. Even graduates of mere Polythecnic. How come yours is a sad case. Sorry ooo

Its rather sad that you're just like a bungalow.
Nothing upstairs!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 11:53am On Jul 07, 2016
danidee10:

See this one i went to a private uni.....no vex me make i no open can of worms here ooo angry
open it I'm ready.what is it Gann.every body will just be talking anyhow criticizing private universities as if there are no sound students there.ahannn
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 11:55am On Jul 07, 2016
kstix:

so explain to me why these federal unis especially OAU UI and unilag keep whooping the asses of private unis in interschool competitions and debate? And why d same fed unis end up representing nigeria in intl competitions. U cant pay that heavy amount of fees and fail na. They would sack d lecturer and private unis have holiday classes to make up for failed courses. Wat a joke. A lecturer in OAU turned down a job in bowen coz dey told him he had to give half of his exam questions as practise questions to d students. His conscience couldnt take it. U r here saying wah u dont know
abegiii shut up.keep cooking lies
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 11:56am On Jul 07, 2016
MulticolourDeco:

It shows how sensible you are if the only observation you made was with a typo. R u Wole Soyinka ni. God bless your brain
I was wole soyinkas lecturer when he was in 200level cool
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 11:59am On Jul 07, 2016
MulticolourDeco:

Which of your sisters reported that lecturers bleeped them in OAU for grades. You think OAU is a state University. Minimum of 3 different lecturers handles just one particular coarse. How successful is for a student to have her way with the 3 to 6 of the lecturers. Please stop typing english. Its better you dnt say nothing than to write words based on assumptions. Do your own in this life and let others do theirs.
did I mention names?the mere fact that I didn't mention names and you're this pained means you're one of this lecturers who sexually harass female students in exchange of marks grin

Somebody is being molested by GUILTY CONSCIENCE grin
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
planetuzor:

Mr correct spelling , here you go. Simple grammatical sentence you can't make.
it is deliberate tongue

And how dare you correct the spellings of professor of professors cool
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Go do a google search of the former VC (a woman) of Convenant University whose daughter, from her records, was supposed to graduate with third class, but the mum made sure it's changed to 2:1.
go and check what happened to her cool
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
go and check what happened to her cool
For a VC to unilaterally award a 2:1 to a student whose test and exams' scripts carry poor scores shows how bad the system in the school is. If FG schools, after grades have been awarded and exams' scripts taken to exams and records, nobody can change anything except the student wants to call for his or her script.
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by kstix(m): 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
abegiii shut up.keep cooking lies
imbecilic bigot.. Unrattled nimcompoop. They have released you from yaba left abi?. I dont know why its still paining u till now that u were not admitted into these prestigious federal unis. Hence ur depression that landed u in yaba left in the first place. Obviously u werent given proper treatment or u escaped.
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
kstix:

i'm an imbecilic bigot.. Unrattled nimcompoop. They have released me from yaba left abi?. I dont know why its still paining me till now that i was not admitted into these prestigious private unis. Hence my depression that landed me in yaba left in the first place. Obviously i wasn't given proper treatment or I escaped.
pele dear.come and wash my clothes first.I'm looking for a houseboy grin
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by kstix(m): 3:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
pele dear.come let me wash your clothes first sir.I heard u are looking for a houseboy. Please sir na OAU no give me admission that year. I need ur help grin
lolzz. U don craze.. Gerrarahia werey.. Lmao.. But seriously dude go back for rehabilitation...
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 3:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
kstix:

lolzz. I don craze.. Gerrarahia werey.. Lmao.. But seriously dude i need to go back for rehabilitation...
yes ITS important before you strip yourself naked and enter market grin
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by kstix(m): 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
yes ITS important i go for check before i strip yourself naked and enter market grin
i'm glad u finally realized that to find the solution, one must first find the problem. M proud of u. Get well soon
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by NigerianScholar: 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
UIA04:

Sorry for you den cos I know people who were admitted to study law in that same school for less
Maybe when they needed students. But now, a girl.dat got 260 was given mass com
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by UIA04(f): 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Maybe when they needed students. But now, a girl.dat got 260 was given mass com

You sure say she isn't on scholarship or maybe she did extremely poorly in the post utme
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by NigerianScholar: 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
UIA04:

You sure say she isn't on scholarship or maybe she did extremely poorly in the post utme
She got 71/100 in the p utme
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by UIA04(f): 8:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
NigerianScholar:
She got 71/100 in the p utme
Cutoff?
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
kstix:

i'm glad I finally realized that to find the solution to my problem , one must first find the problem. M proud of u. Get well soon
yes and thanks MY darling
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by MulticolourDeco(f): 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
did I mention names?the mere fact that I didn't mention names and you're this pained means you're one of this lecturers who sexually harass female students in exchange of marks grin

Somebody is being molested by GUILTY CONSCIENCE grin

When they are looking for people thats, "their head is not correct", you should be their president. Girl, you should have your brain checked. If you know better, you would write better. God help Nigerian Youths.
So your own point is only balling down to molestation and exchange of sexual activities for marks. You should be more intelligent and pity your parents for even paying such huge amounts. Show some level of common sense. Atleast they paid for it.
See ehn, most of the females from private universities work as call center agents, mtn, oando, chi-limited, glo. They are the people you call when you have issues. And let me tell you. Most of them by using their fake voice have been used as one night stands to more mehn than the numbers of lecturers in any university.
Even if you think those girl in fed unis have sex for grades which isn't proven, isn't it for a better and just coarse!.
Darling dont get me angry ooo. I am not in the mood to insult anybody this night.
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by MulticolourDeco(f): 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:

Your laziness got you in this mess in the first place. If you have studied better, you will understand what we are fighting for as a graduate of a Federal University.

Insult me all you want. I will not respond. My father always say and I quote. "ONLY A FOOL ARGUES WITH A FOOL".
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by MulticolourDeco(f): 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:

Your laziness got you in this mess in the first place. If you have studied better, you will understand what we are fighting for as graduates of Federal Universities.

Insult me all you want. I will not respond. My father always say and I quote. "ONLY A FOOL ARGUES WITH A FOOL".
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by demmymoney(m): 11:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
Folafikemi:

Its so obvious u are one of the affected retarded education received from priv uni, sit down and count how many priv uni graduates are making history in nija now... Expecting ur reply.

University created out of pity to succour a yearly jamb failing students like u

Lool.......am studying in FUTA.I know wat am saying u people will see.Anything Government is useless even in money,security, school etc
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 4:18am On Jul 08, 2016
MulticolourDeco:

Your laziness got you in this mess in the first place. If you have studied better, you will understand what we are fighting for as graduates of Federal Universities.

so you're still ranting?pele my dear grin

Come and take blaber mouth of the year award tongue
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 4:22am On Jul 08, 2016
MulticolourDeco:

When they are looking for people thats, "their head is not correct", you should be their president. Girl, you should have your brain checked. If you know better, you would write better. God help Nigerian Youths.
So your own point is only balling down to molestation and exchange of sexual activities for marks. You should be more intelligent and pity your parents for even paying such huge amounts. Show some level of common sense. Atleast they paid for it.
See ehn, most of the females from private universities work as call center agents, mtn, oando, chi-limited, glo. They are the people you call when you have issues. And let me tell you. Most of them by using their fake voice have been used as one night stands to more mehn than the numbers of lecturers in any university.
Even if you think those girl in fed unis have sex for grades which isn't proven, isn't it for a better and just coarse!.
Darling dont get me angry ooo. I am not in the mood to insult anybody this night.
see another pained somborry.Please get angry. You think I'll beg you not To get angry. Please get angry and slam your angry head against the wall.she goat grin

What is 3x2=?

You see common maths you don't know grin

It's 6jare grin
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by NigerianScholar: 5:37am On Jul 08, 2016
UIA04:

Cutoff?
Disclosed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? / Adenle Adetunwase: 4 Guinness World Records Holder (Photos) / Ibrahim Waziri Jnr: The HND Graduate From Nigeria Who Earned A Phd In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.