Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Have You Received Your National Identity Card? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Received Your National Identity Card? (29437 Views)

Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card / FG To Merge BVN, Driver’s Licence, National Identity Card / I Will Cross Your National Red Line, Lere Olayinka Dares Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Omoluabi16(m): 8:16am On Jul 04, 2016
Useless NIMC. It's been over a year for me too. I remember I needed that Identity card badly then, until I realised how messed up they were, and I would've waited forever. I just go do driver's licence... And it was out within 3 days. Successive Nigerian governments have failed us in certain areas.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 04, 2016
archangel1:
Dear NLanders, something has got me puzzled for long. sometimes, I don't understand why our bureaucracy is not so swift and efficient especially as regard rendering services that mainly concern the masses. Reticence and tokenism have bedevilled our system of governance in this country. that's my perception
For a year and some months now, the National ID that I applied for has not been given to me. But I remembered when Mr. president came on board around May last year, he was registered before the press , within two months of registration, he was given his before the cameramen; all in the name that NIMC is working. is that not tokenism?
pls, has any one in this forum received his or her own. pls, when did you apply. I want to know whether am the only one left by NIMC? Thanks for your response.

I got an sms form NiMC to come for it. I have gotten mine. It rook me a year plus to get mine. Some of of my friends who happened to register the same day u registered for it did not get the message till date and have not gotten the ID card. I got the card by luck. Normally, it is supposed not to take that long.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by lorbah001(m): 8:16am On Jul 04, 2016
jom28gy:
I has not received but am using the ever first national I'D CARD

Jeeezzzuuuzzzzz!!!!

1 Like

Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by dyadeleye(m): 8:16am On Jul 04, 2016
Registered November 2013 ...got it last April 2016...
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by soloiky: 8:17am On Jul 04, 2016
I registered since 2014 yet I have not collected mine.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by kuntash: 8:18am On Jul 04, 2016
It begins with you and I ... lay the complaints appropriately .. if you can access Nairaland... you sure would be able to get across their NIMC...

see here also - https://www.nairaland.com/2187666/check-status-national-e-id

http://www.nimc.gov.ng/

lay the complaints there, if you have time --- disturb their phones, if they are on twitter, lay the complaints there too...
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by crown247(m): 8:19am On Jul 04, 2016
I applied for National ID card in January 2015 which is one year+ now, and mine is far from been ready, just dont understand the protocol they are following in producing the ID card or the guys there are not just good in what they are expected to do?
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Realdeals(m): 8:19am On Jul 04, 2016
They should scrap NIMC

Four years down the line, no card not forgetting the scam recruitment they conducted in 2013. They are classic example of promise and fail.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Ursino(f): 8:19am On Jul 04, 2016
Yea, I have received mine. I registered where it matters most- The world's Most Respected African Bank. They got it delivered to my desk. Talking about speed,security, service guaranteed!
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by KelvinGraphics(m): 8:21am On Jul 04, 2016
Applied since October 2014.
Up till this very moment I havnt seen anything

I don gradually dey believe say e don lost, kuz from what i heard, the card has validity period of 4-5 years and it expires, i wonder when my own date started counting.... Like 2years gone already
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by archangel1(m): 8:21am On Jul 04, 2016
ychris:
does archangel also do identity card? dominion movie comes to mind

guy you can't understand!
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by fakati(m): 8:22am On Jul 04, 2016
for the past 3 years after I've registered for mine they keep telling it's not ready I don't know if this card is from the moon.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 04, 2016
CrazyG:

However my advice to you OP is that endeavour to locate the nearest office to you of the national identity management commission, walk in there get and do another registeration and your card should ready for pickup after few weeks time.....at least that's what I did to get mine.
indeed u r crazy double reg. is a crime,and with the way efcc they work i don't want problem oo.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by pavlovt: 8:23am On Jul 04, 2016
[quote author=gurunlocker post=47187178]

.[/quote

I received sms that mine was ready that I should pick it up and on getting there it was no where to be found, I checked back like three times but to no avail, they are just not serious. Until Nigeria put embargo on nepotism and learn how to put the round peg inside the round hole that we will move forward.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by AreaFada2: 8:24am On Jul 04, 2016
Is there hope for this con3 at all?

3 years to get ID card?
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by archangel1(m): 8:25am On Jul 04, 2016
Realdeals:
They should scrap NIMC

Four years down the line, no card not forgetting the scam recruitment they conducted in 2013. They are classic example of promise and fail.

you are on point. the work is quite overwhelming for them.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by starlingbawa(m): 8:25am On Jul 04, 2016
archangel1:
Dear NLanders, something has got me puzzled for long. sometimes, I don't understand why our bureaucracy is not so swift and efficient especially as regard rendering services that mainly concern the masses. Reticence and tokenism have bedevilled our system of governance in this country. that's my perception
For a year and some months now, the National ID that I applied for has not been given to me. But I remembered when Mr. president came on board around May last year, he was registered before the press , within two months of registration, he was given his before the cameramen; all in the name that NIMC is working. is that not tokenism?
pls, has any one in this forum received his or her own. pls, when did you apply. I want to know whether am the only one left by NIMC? Thanks for your response.

I did apply way back last year and i'm yet to get mine.

That's the perception and indeed a sad reality of how things work in Nigeria!
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by bishop4life(m): 8:25am On Jul 04, 2016
I am not been unpatriotic, but with my state ID card and passport I think I am good. Though I have the old national ID from during obj regime, I advice anambrarians to go for state ID card
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 04, 2016
No
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:26am On Jul 04, 2016
archangel1:

I did mine in 2011 and I have not seen or heard anything about it since then..

I did my Drivers License since 2014 and till today na temporary I still dey use.

Abeg go sleep jor.. People wey dey your front for the queue too plenty.

1 Like

Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by cangoallnyt: 8:29am On Jul 04, 2016
i even tried reaching them via their help desk nd email..
everything was just horrible..their site is down nd the lines aint working.
did anybody know what can be done to correct this abnormous situation because its really absurd.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by biggie73(m): 8:34am On Jul 04, 2016
I applied in Feb.2014.I have not got mine till date.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by kabu: 8:36am On Jul 04, 2016
BusinessHub1:
Just a year+ and you are complaining..mine since 2011.

But who cares? with my bank master card and international passport am good to go..they can keep that one to theirselves.
Mine since 14-02-2013 at jalingo. Not even hope and i left jalingo now
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Obynolee(f): 8:38am On Jul 04, 2016
CrazyG:
Op Some Govt parastatals in NIgeria are epitomes of ineptitude service and monumental inefficiency. The decay in the system is of lagendary status and I doubt if this present govt will be able to fix these problems because of the daunting tasks involve and also the skewed psychology of the polity towards Govt jobs.
However my advice to you OP is that endeavour to locate the nearest office to you of the national identity management commission, walk in there get and do another registeration and your card should ready for pickup after few weeks time.....at least that's what I did to get mine.

Are you sure about this?,wouldn't their system dictate multiple registration?
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 8:39am On Jul 04, 2016
i ve lost hope on NIMC. Mine was done since February last year. I received Sms from them after 6 months of registration. funny enough am not longer based in the town i did mine.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by ogunyemifot(m): 8:39am On Jul 04, 2016
Hmm, just a year and some months you say?
I was even part of those trained for the programme when it was started by Obasanjo, sìnce the inception of the National identity card program I'm yet to get mine so I've given up on it. After all, no be by identity card I be Nigerian.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Valentinesmart(m): 8:40am On Jul 04, 2016
I hv even 4gotten dat , nigeria has something dey national I'd card
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 04, 2016
My own dt I did since 2012 hasn't bin givein to me

archangel1:
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by jesussaves22: 8:43am On Jul 04, 2016
archangel1:
Yours is only a year mine is since 2013 till now i have not seen,heard or called to come and pick it.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by just2okworld(f): 8:46am On Jul 04, 2016
FOR WHERE
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:47am On Jul 04, 2016
archangel1:
A year plus and you complain. At least you don't need the card on a daily basis. I paid for Driver's License in 2013. Till date (it has even expired now) I am yet to get it. Kept getting paper copies. That's the reason why I have vowed not to do this national ID card rubbish
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by yungachiever(m): 8:48am On Jul 04, 2016
archangel1:
I received mine two months after registration at ojo local government lagos state Nigeria.. you don't just jump into conclusion.. most ppl I know have gotten theirs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mohammed Adoke Rejects EFCC Custody, Prefers Kuje Prison / Jude Ezewanfor Withdraws From Labour Party Presidential Race / FFK To Obidients: Poor Little Children Who Throw Punches But Can't Take Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.