Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,392 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Have You Received Your National Identity Card? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Received Your National Identity Card? (29427 Views)

Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card / FG To Merge BVN, Driver’s Licence, National Identity Card / I Will Cross Your National Red Line, Lere Olayinka Dares Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Eleganza33(f): 10:08am On Jul 04, 2016
I dnt evn knw where to finish the registration down here i did online pre-enrolment only
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by FKMagazine(m): 10:10am On Jul 04, 2016
SINCE 2014 Still in progress noni...this country looks like a typical animal farm (zoo)...NYC, USA Here I come!
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Adedeji2012(m): 10:16am On Jul 04, 2016
obisite:
Did mine since 2013,,I've not receive it... I don't know what those guys are doing at all
#team2013
#pending id
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by JoshuaKay(m): 10:18am On Jul 04, 2016
I did mine sometimes around April 2013 and got d permanent card early 2015. But what baffles me the most is that often times when u present d card (temporary or permanent) as ur means of identification to banks, especially when filling forms dat need to capture ur biodata, they do not recognize (accept) it.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by samsiko1(m): 10:21am On Jul 04, 2016
Not yet
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by bongolistik(m): 10:29am On Jul 04, 2016
Chidimba:
Pls how can one apply/register?

See detailed steps on how to register

http://highteknology.com/2014/06/how-to-register-for-new-national.html

1 Like

Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Threecrownz(m): 10:38am On Jul 04, 2016
I applied in December 2014 and i'm yet to get d id card tho i've not been there since then...probably it's ready i don't kno buh i doubt it is...
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Omoluabi16(m): 10:41am On Jul 04, 2016
Sasuwa:
i think i should also do as u do, i applied since 2011, until now no news
Pls do it. Most organisations will never accept your school/office I.D card.The voters card of last election was difficult to get.Driver's license seems to be the easiest.If you can, get it.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Angrymode: 10:48am On Jul 04, 2016
Why r u irrelevant masses even complaining?

If u all go out and beat the sense out of those NIMC officials that take u ppl for granted, they will gv u ppl ur ID cards first instead of licking the foots and asses of politicians.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Arisheloaded(m): 10:53am On Jul 04, 2016
I've been using the temporary National ID slip.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by olayinkajnr(m): 10:54am On Jul 04, 2016
BusinessHub1:
Just a year+ and you are complaining..mine since 2011.

But who cares? with my bank master card and international passport am good to go..they can keep that one to theirselves.

Lolz, just 2011 and you are complaining. I did mine since 2008, till now, I've not been issued with the card. When i got tired, i tore the slip. Voters card saving me. Will get,an intl passport soon to complement it.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Omoluabi16(m): 10:55am On Jul 04, 2016
GeebeeM:
We should also note that as important as the card is, so is the NIN which is issued to you immediately after enrollment. This is because you can easily be authenticated through the NIN since this is done via a secured link deployment to government agencies and private institutions. The card needs a machine reader to be authenticated and these are yet to be deployed. So please, visit any NIMC office close to you to register for your NIN. Note: To register more than one is a crime and of course, it's waste of time because you can't have two NIN. If you have any issues shout it out, so that authorities will hear
bloody NIN!. Take it to any bank in Nigeria if they'l even give you audience.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Sasuwa(f): 10:55am On Jul 04, 2016
Omoluabi16:
Pls do it. Most organisations will never accept your school/office I.D card.The voters card of last election was difficult to get.Driver's license seems to be the easiest.If you can, get it.
ok, how do i go about it, did i need a car
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Omoluabi16(m): 10:59am On Jul 04, 2016
Sasuwa:
ok, how do i go about it, did i need a car
No, you don't. Go to any Local govt office, make you enquiries..and then the process begins.Lol
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by fpeter(f): 11:01am On Jul 04, 2016
I applied long before i changed name. I haven't seen the i.d card yet.
I visited their office in Zone 5 and they told me to check online with my
credentials, I did just that and was told it wasn't ready yet o. I thought
there was a mistake seeing it's been a couple of years already since i did
the initial application and registration.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Chidimba: 11:04am On Jul 04, 2016
bongolistik:

See detailed steps on how to register
http://highteknology.com/2014/06/how-to-register-for-new-national.html
Thank u very much
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Sasuwa(f): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2016
Omoluabi16:
No, you don't. Go to any Local govt office, make you enquiries..and then the process begins.Lol
ok, but do they charge any fee?
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by BusinessHub1: 11:10am On Jul 04, 2016
olayinkajnr:

Lolz, just 2011 and you are complaining. I did mine since 2008, till now, I've not been issued with the card. When i got tired, i tore the slip. Voters card saving me. Will get,an intl passport soon to complement it.
Lol..if i catch u enh..bro fear GOD o
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by bigsam1992(m): 11:14am On Jul 04, 2016
Since march 2011 I did mine,haven't seen anytin
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Omoluabi16(m): 11:15am On Jul 04, 2016
Sasuwa:
ok, but do they charge any fee?
Yes, they do. 25k should be sufficient.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by ClintonDal(m): 11:20am On Jul 04, 2016
National ID card my balls, Jonathan and his NIMC goofed and Buhari continued where he stopped. I applied over 2yrs ago and have not even received any text indicating mine is ready. My international passport does the job.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by suso(m): 11:23am On Jul 04, 2016
jom28gy:
I has not received but am using the ever first national I'D CARD
ALLAHU AKBAR
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by badonkadonk: 11:24am On Jul 04, 2016
Yes! Registered mid/late 2014.. Got mine late 2015/early 2016..
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Kakamorufu(m): 11:32am On Jul 04, 2016
archangel1:
Dear NLanders, something has got me puzzled for long. sometimes, I don't understand why our bureaucracy is not so swift and efficient especially as regard rendering services that mainly concern the masses. Reticence and tokenism have bedevilled our system of governance in this country. that's my perception
For a year and some months now, the National ID that I applied for has not been given to me. But I remembered when Mr. president came on board around May last year, he was registered before the press , within two months of registration, he was given his before the cameramen; all in the name that NIMC is working. is that not tokenism?
pls, has any one in this forum received his or her own. pls, when did you apply. I want to know whether am the only one left by NIMC? Thanks for your response.
av done mine since three years ago, and av not recieved it
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by kinharold(m): 11:33am On Jul 04, 2016
Even Driver's License is now taking almost 2 years.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by meforyou1(m): 11:35am On Jul 04, 2016
GeebeeM:
We should also note that as important as the card is, so is the NIN which is issued to you immediately after enrollment. This is because you can easily be authenticated through the NIN since this is done via a secured link deployment to government agencies and private institutions. The card needs a machine reader to be authenticated and these are yet to be deployed. So please, visit any NIMC office close to you to register for your NIN. Note: To register more than one is a crime and of course, it's waste of time because you can't have two NIN. If you have any issues shout it out, so that authorities will hear
The temporary card has NIN, but the permanent ID card doesn't have NIN. That's another serious flaw
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Rolings: 11:51am On Jul 04, 2016
archangel1:
Dear NLanders, something has got me puzzled for long. sometimes, I don't understand why our bureaucracy is not so swift and efficient especially as regard rendering services that mainly concern the masses. Reticence and tokenism have bedevilled our system of governance in this country. that's my perception
For a year and some months now, the National ID that I applied for has not been given to me. But I remembered when Mr. president came on board around May last year, he was registered before the press , within two months of registration, he was given his before the cameramen; all in the name that NIMC is working. is that not tokenism?
pls, has any one in this forum received his or her own. pls, when did you apply. I want to know whether am the only one left by NIMC? Thanks for your response.

Your topic should read HAVE YOU RECEIVED YOUR NEW NATIONAL ID. because the first national ID Issued in 2006 is still what most peope use and it's acceptable means of ID. the new one was supposed to come with a chip and work like an ATM card but has to be suspended because it will mean everybody has to have an access bank account since it's access bank that is partnering NIMC on the project. I'm not sure thou if the one issued to PMB is the same

1 Like

Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Phobia1: 11:54am On Jul 04, 2016
gurunlocker:

ahaha jesu kriti gan nio
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by tatucci: 11:57am On Jul 04, 2016
at one point they said they were calling people to come and collect but i havent gotten any such call. its been over two years, I think. maybe one day i go just enter their office go shout small... if anybody go listen.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Charly68: 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
From the days of Obasanjo,national I.D card has been a conduct pipe. Those involved used. It to syphoned cool money & they have not been able to deliver any appreciable result For over 2years now I got no response from them after due registration.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
Yes
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by bruzrecordz(m): 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
I did mine a week ago...the guy said the original will b available in one year time..but they goin to issue me a coloured printing that can be used in place of the original card.

in naija one year means 3 or 4 years...so am nt bothered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG To Sell Three Power Plants For N434bn / Patience Monday Oroni Dies In Accident After Submitting Chairmanship Form / Gifts Buhari Should Not Have Rejected, By Niyi Akinnaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.