Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,538 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today (21494 Views)

Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway / Fayose To Inaugurate EGEM, Ekiti Grazing Enforcement Marshalls Against Fulani / Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Sunglow: 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
sinistermind:

You just had to be tribalistic because you saw "uche". What of the Yoruba woman and her kids hawking pure water at Ketu? What about the Hausa man selling tomatoes on Mile 12 bridge? It is really saddening the way some of you reason.
Or kemi that sells agege bread to put food on the table for her younger ones?
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by IkpuMmadu: 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
DobleO7:

Smart one. The Igbos influenced them into street hawking. So what happens to the proceeds from the hawking? does it go to the Igbos?

Igbo are their dons they are the pawns
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Ofemmanu1: 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ngozi123:

Why are you coming here to instigate more trouble? Please don't ruin our reputation as Igbo people; we mustn't stoop to that level. If you're going to insult the man then insult him at a personal level- if you like- just don't drag the whole of the Yoruba race into your bashings as some of them are good people.
I'm sorry ma.

1 Like

Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by omojeesu(m): 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
anonimi:

Thanks for your detailed response.
Do you acknowledge that the politicians are not aliens or ghosts but were ordinary people/voters just like everyone else before they were voted into office?
Do the people have no role to play in:

- IDENTIFYING
- Sponsoring
- Volunteering

for good candidates to minimise the insincerity, rigging and other condemnable vices?
Going through the history of the oyinbo countries that we love to run to, would you know how the people worked and sacrificed to make their place better instead of SIMPLY waiting for God to intervene on their behalf ONLY?

I agree. I assume that these are inherent in what I stated.
Thanks.
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
niyot124:
You shouldn't talk like that you are also being tribalistic.

You don't have to mind what anybody says since it doesn't add or remove anything from you.

Please let peace reign on nairaland.
Hey Niyot.
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by niyot124: 5:54am On Jul 05, 2016
IamDino:

Hey Niyot.

Hi
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by ezelos(m): 10:51am On Jul 05, 2016
oloworulz:
there is no alternative. let the Igbo boys pack their load and return to their state
. Oh my, so you reason with your ass? Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APGA Campaign Tour In Nnewi Today(photos) / Margaret Obi Hosts Townhall Meeting With Ondo Women (Photos) / Army In Yauri Thwart Boko Haram Attempted Attack, Kill 5 Terrorists(Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.