Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,724 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts (37378 Views)

Wavy The Creator, Lady Acts As Wizkid (Lookalike Photos) / See the difference between Nigerian boys vs white guys in the same club / Riot At Davido's Concert In Congo. One Of His Acts Was Raped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by lizzlix(m): 7:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Look at the J. Cole line I posted from Crooked Smile. You do not need a back story to get the message or the punch. In writing, it is about getting that emotional feeling that everyone somewhere can get a message from it.

Who cares if we survive,
The Only time they notice a N-gga is when his clutching on a 45...Tupac

Rapgod did not come deep to me.

The man makes the chain,
The Chain do not make the Man...J. Cole.
Well.....if you say so. Haha......that line from J cole tho, i never saw it coming.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by frenzydaniel1(m): 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
LesbianBoy:
6. One dance

I couldn't hear wizpikin's voice on the track! angry

God bless you my brother, can i hear a loud 'amen'

e jst b like sey wizkid dey do whatsapp voice record.

And imagine oooo, sm1 cm dey put am up sey him go win grammy. I jst dey laf
Grammy ko, prefect ni
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by Dexema(m): 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am a huge Shabba of Wizkid fan O! Banged it well.

Pablo F-ck Up the beat like Shabba.
what planet you from goodjoe? grin
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
lizzlix:
yeah, he's dope

Crooked smile is sick men. No much time to listen to stuffs but this track was worth the time.

You wake up, put makeup on, stare in the mirror
But it's clear that you can't face what's wrong.
-:-:-
Wonder why we inhale,
Cause we're In Hell already...J. Cole.

Jusr dope.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
Dexema:
what planet you from goodjoe? grin

Wizzy World.
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by Akjr(m): 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Am not funny

Just imaging how some goat will act when dancing to this poo called goat song.
hahahaha, babe no b small goat ooo.. Scapegoat remix. Goat singers
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by pahen1991: 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
Fans mi Davido ft meek Mill
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by chesterlee(m): 8:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
I got the magic...Ejajo!!
Psquare ft TI
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by smartograpy(m): 10:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
Make us proud by olamide and wale is a nice collaboration it should not make up ur list
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by Samzack(m): 10:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
Toluwarni:
Abeg why Akon allow BRed and That other guy feature am? He's spoiling his reputation lol.
Asin ehn everybody jst dey feature Akon deze days weda d song make sense or not Akon jst dey fall him hands
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by MChaze25(m): 10:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
RaDaZaBaNa:
Synord .... Correct jor...

Scapegoat remix and damiduro remix na big dissapointment... Like wtf ?

And how did dontom feature akon sef grin

cc lalasticlala...
him enter coven go do am
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by lebete3000: 10:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
Iamsynord:
In the quest for international recognition, some nigerian artistes have engaged the services of american and international artistes to feature on their tracks...
While the synergy of some have worked perfectly fine ( e.g psquare ft akon, ti, rickross, tuface ft tpain , bred ft akon etc ), Some have turned into disasters that no one ought to remember...

1) Damiduro rmx ft Akon - I dont know what Davido was thinking when he called akon to feature on this song.. It never lived up to the standard of the original track and was met with negative reactions..

2) show you the money rmx ft tyga - Here is another forgetable remix to a hit song that should never ever have happened... Wizkid really didnt do well with this remix with tyga.. sad

3) Make us proud ft Wale - And here is Olamide with Make us proud ft Wale ;( ;(..

Olamide didnt make anyone proud with this track to be honest:. Wasted feature with wale

4) i swear ft french montana - we
don dey squeeze breasts,,, na we dey carry pass.... And here comes iceprince with the worst of the worst line..... " i spend money on the things i wear . " ;(;(.. Crap

5) Scapegoat remix ft KanyeWest -

And heres Comes Dbanj who deems it fit to feature Rapper , Kanye on his highlife abi na afro pop scapegoat song... ;(;( And kanye in turn made him a scapegoat to warn other good music artist grin...

Notable mentions

wizkid ft wale -drop
dontom ft akon - flaying dollars

Written By iamsynord.. Twitter handle @ iamsynord

Very funny @ Kanye West made him a scapegoat.

But I Swear is a Jam tho...shouldn't be amo g your list
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by Dirkcoyt: 11:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
lizzlix:
Bro, you really need to listen to rapgod, then take a look at it wikipedia page via google to see the effort he put into that track. And after that you should check it's lyrics to see how intelligent 'Em is. I will challenge you to have a listen of 'crooked smike' and 'apparently' by j cole and check the lyrics too because i heared you say, you never had his song on repeat. Really that statement stunned me. That guy is intelligent. I love intelligent rappers.

That man knows nothing about hiphop! Rap is an act of hiphop, hiphop is a culture,a religion, a way of life, something you connect with for what it was established for!

Only few hiphoppers make good rap vibes now. I will buzz a Jcole anytime anyday! Not this mediocre we have nowadays. If you listen to jcoles Born sinner(every track on this album is something you will always old in high esteem, so much effort for this album), 2014 forest hill drive(wet dreamz,adolescence,no role modelz, apparently,january 28th, a tale of two cities).

Or mixtapes like friday nights light where you see tracks like (premeditated murder)??

Please, jcole is more than a rapper that says all the metaphors, punchline and lost you in the literal-poetry world, he's a rapper that tells a story you can relate to, you feel like you have a visual representation of the song in your head, you can connect, that's what called hiphop, that's what we love the BiG and Pac, Nas and Jayz for not mediocres like we taking over!

Notable mention is Bigsean last album, man really did a lot of upgrade!

Its a coleworld out there

Peace out»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by dont8(m): 12:01am On Jul 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Wizzy World.
Spot on, bro. Love your analysis.

kendrick9:
wizkid was absolutely irrelevant in that track...anyone sane can see that
How was he irrelevant, do you think Drake featuring anyone is mince-meal?

Three things to Wizkid advantage:

1. Writing credit

2. Producing credit

3. More recognition

That singular collab has paved way for more international recognition and the sky is the limit for the young guy.

So i ask, what else does a young man needs?

3 Likes

Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by haymoney01(m): 12:10am On Jul 06, 2016
Iamsynord:

At least , you know my song.... God win grin
I know ur song because it was on FP and I wanted to support a NLder not because u are good
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by remigiusizunna(m): 12:13am On Jul 06, 2016
Sometimes i wonder why they can't emulate the likes of ASA. JUST TRY HER DUEX WITH JERRY GYANG *TAKE ME HIGHER*

1 Like

Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by JoBabs(m): 5:48am On Jul 06, 2016
Hedonistically:
Probably the first 'list' on Nairaland that I agree with.

On the flip side, I think the best Naija artiste - Yankee artiste collaboration ever is between PSquare featuring Rick Ross - Beautiful Onyiye and PSquare featuring Akon - Chop My Money. But in terms of impact and international exposure, I think Wizkid featuring Drake (Ojuelegba remix) is the most successful - considering how far it has taken Wizkid subsequently.

Have you forgotten Mr endowed ft snoopy? Or 2face ft wyclef proud to be African? The ones u listed aren't bad but they can be termed as ones of the best....
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by JoBabs(m): 5:53am On Jul 06, 2016
Hedonistically:
Probably the first 'list' on Nairaland that I agree with.

On the flip side, I think the best Naija artiste - Yankee artiste collaboration ever is between PSquare featuring Rick Ross - Beautiful Onyiye and PSquare featuring Akon - Chop My Money. But in terms of impact and international exposure, I think Wizkid featuring Drake (Ojuelegba remix) is the most successful - considering how far it has taken Wizkid subsequently.

Hope Ghana artists can be termed as international too? If that be the case, 2face ft VIP my love remix, davido ft r2beez gboza tony tetuila ft tictac aren't bad too

1 Like

Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by Dexema(m): 6:50am On Jul 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Wizzy World.
means I guessed right, eyan starboy, no wahala still banging lagos to kampala featuring Runtown, maleek berry totally made the song.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by ichomi(m): 6:53am On Jul 06, 2016
U are on point brother..... Wasted efforts and resources u can say that again.
The hustle for real fame is real....
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by ericmor: 9:11am On Jul 06, 2016
LesbianBoy:
6. One dance

I couldn't hear wizpikin's voice on the track! angry

Then u couldn't recognise wizzy voice den. If u do, try listen to d song again u will
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by ericmor: 9:20am On Jul 06, 2016
frenzydaniel1:

God bless you my brother, can i hear a loud 'amen'

e jst b like sey wizkid dey do whatsapp voice record.

And imagine oooo, sm1 cm dey put am up sey him go win grammy. I jst dey laf
Grammy ko, prefect ni

Did u hear calos satana voice in any of his song? Still he won 9 Grammies . not saying wizzy will win it or not, but not with Ur point sha
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by frenzydaniel1(m): 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
ericmor:

Did u hear calos satana voice in any of his song? Still he won 9 Grammies . not saying wizzy will win it or not, but not with Ur point sha

hey man, they sing diff music.
Those kinda pple knw wat music is not pple dat jst decided to start singing oneday. For sm1 to hv won 9 grammies den dat person knws d rudiment of music, not jst going to studio n pour out ur freestyles n getout and den xpct a grammy
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 08, 2016
Samzack:

Asin ehn everybody jst dey feature Akon deze days weda d song make sense or not Akon jst dey fall him hands

even kcee wan feature am..
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by gangwolf(m): 8:42am On Jul 08, 2016
The best International collabo has to be Tinie Tempah featuring Wizkid- Mamacita.
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by Samzack(m): 10:18am On Jul 08, 2016
Iamsynord:

even kcee wan feature am..
Godforbid
Akon don rilli end him career o
2 dey feature pple wey no sabi sing anyhow
Akon wey b one of d only person on earth wey michael jackson feature don dey ruin him rep
Re: Top Five Worst Music Collabos between Nigerian and International Acts by ericmor: 11:17am On Jul 08, 2016
frenzydaniel1:

hey man, they sing diff music.
Those kinda pple knw wat music is not pple dat jst decided to start singing oneday. For sm1 to hv won 9 grammies den dat person knws d rudiment of music, not jst going to studio n pour out ur freestyles n getout and den xpct a grammy

U still didn't answer my question and u are even contacdicting urself. U just want to ague

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Actress Yvonne Jegede Flaunts New Sexy Curves [PICS] / Dami Marshal Defends Dammykrane, Slams Wizkid & Iyanya For Stealing / Jude Okoye And Wife, Ify Welcome Their Third Child - A Baby Boy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.