Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Is Religion A Scam??? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Religion A Scam??? (2809 Views)

What Is Religion Turning Us Into / Is Religion A Celestial Scam / Religion,a Tool Of Mind Control And Ignorance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Religion A Scam??? by tens4real(m): 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
Scholar8200:
If you ask, "Is religion a scam?" ( I speak for the faith of Christ that is called Christianity)

1. It will be a scam for those who resorted thereto hoping the God it sets forth will be an ATM to satisfy all your wants.

2. It should be a scam for those who had (1) in mind, saw that the Bible teaches contrary but still held to (1) due to covetousness!

3. It surely is a scam, for those who believed and esteemed the words of their leader more than the Word of God since the former agrees more with their emotions (hate, malice and anger{enemy die crew}) and covetousness (prosperity crew).

4. Some look at the leaders who emphasized (1) only, saw how they were fleecing the sheep and unwisely generalized that religion is a a scam!

But
It never was a scam,
1. To those, who sought for God realizing that in Him they have their being and the void that nought but He can satisfy was satisfied!

2. To those who desired to live as He wanted them to.

3. To those who realized that God was Lord to be submitted to and obeyed, not a familiar spirit to be ordered around!!!

NO man ever resorted to the God set forth by religion (using the Bible) in sincerity and came out to say, it was a scam!
that is wat I cal an intelligent comment thanks bro ur he'd dey dia...jah bless
Re: Is Religion A Scam??? by Scholar8200(m): 6:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
tens4real:
that is wat I cal an intelligent comment thanks bro ur he'd dey dia...jah bless
Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Is Religion A Scam??? by felixomor: 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
tens4real:
no doubt bt including the killings,the hatred in d name of religion al in d name of God....oga abeg tell me more

Which one is "but the killings" ?
Is it only religious people that kill?

Moreover is it written that a person who hates and kills cannot be a scammer in the name of religion?
Re: Is Religion A Scam??? by tens4real(m): 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
felixomor:

Which one is "but the killings" ?
Is it only religious people that kill?

Moreover is it written that a person who hates and kills cannot be a scammer in the name of religion?
I guess that is wat av bin saying.... ur even contradicting yourself
Re: Is Religion A Scam??? by felixomor: 9:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
tens4real:
I guess that is wat av bin saying.... ur even contradicting yourself

No contradictions.

Religion in itself is not a scam.
If somebody uses it to scam, it doesnt mean it in itself its a scam.
People use government, love etc to scam. It doesnt mean that those things in themselves are scams.

Get the point!
Re: Is Religion A Scam??? by tens4real(m): 9:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
felixomor:

No contradictions.

Religion in itself is not a scam.
If somebody uses it to scam, it doesnt mean it in itself its a scam.
People use government, love etc to scam. It doesnt mean that those things in themselves are scams.

Get the point!
let's be pragmatic here...before Christ their was nothing as religion only Judaism which is more like their tradition on how to live a moral life..base on the preaching of Moses
my point is nt base on the fact dat religion is a scam or a mistake in the first place what am saying is man brought religion first wit a gud intension den later misuse the purpose or essence of wat religion is al about!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Religion A Scam??? by felixomor: 1:41am On Jul 05, 2016
tens4real:
let's be pragmatic here...before Christ their was nothing as religion only Judaism which is more like their tradition on how to live a moral life..base on the preaching of Moses
my point is nt base on the fact dat religion is a scam or a mistake in the first place what am saying is man brought religion first wit a gud intension den later misuse the purpose or essence of wat religion is al about!!

Maybe i dont seem to get your message i must admit.
Never mind
Re: Is Religion A Scam??? by Lordxeer(m): 6:12am On Jul 05, 2016
...And so religion, to a large extent, became divisive rather than a unifying forces. Instead of bringing about ending of violence and hatred through a realisation of the fundamental oneness of all life, they brought more violence and more hatred more division between people as well as between different religion and even within the same religion. They became ideologies, believe system people identify with and so use them to enhance their false sense of self. Through them, they could make themselves "right" and others "wrong" and thus define their identity through their enemies, the "others" the "nonbelievers" or "wrongbelievers" who no infrequently they saw themselves justified in killing. Man made "God" in his own image. The eternal. The infinite, and unnameable was reduced to a mental idol that you had to believe in and worship "my god" or "our god"

------

And now to your question, Inspite of all the deeds perpetrated in the name of religion, the light to which they point still shines at there core. It still shines, however dimly, through layers upon layers of distortion and misinterpretation. It is unlikely however, that you will be able to perceive it there unless you have atleast already have that glimpses of that truth within yourself.

-----

Throughout history, there have always been rare individuals who experienced a shift in consciousness and so realised within themselves that toward which all religion point. To describe the non-conceptual truth, they then use the conceptual framework of their own religion. Through some of those men and women, "schools" or movements developed within all major religions that represented not only rediscovery, but in some cases an intensification of the light of the original teaching.
Re: Is Religion A Scam??? by tens4real(m): 6:36am On Jul 05, 2016
Lordxeer:
...And so religion, to a large extent, became divisive rather than a unifying forces. Instead of bringing about ending of violence and hatred through a realisation of the fundamental oneness of all life, they brought more violence and more hatred more division between people as well as between different religion and even within the same religion. They became ideologies, believe system people identify with and so use them to enhance their false sense of self. Through them, they could make themselves "right" and others "wrong" and thus define their identity through their enemies, the "others" the "nonbelievers" or "wrongbelievers" who no infrequently they saw themselves justified in killing. Man made "God" in his own image. The eternal. The infinite, and unnameable was reduced to a mental idol that you had to believe in and worship "my god" or "our god"

------

And now to your question, Inspite of all the deeds perpetrated in the name of religion, the light to which they point still shines at there core. It still shines, however dimly, through layers upon layers of distortion and misinterpretation. It is unlikely however, that you will be able to perceive it there unless you have atleast already have that glimpses of that truth within yourself.

-----

Throughout history, there have always been rare individuals who experienced a shift in consciousness and so realised within themselves that toward which all religion point. To describe the non-conceptual truth, they then use the conceptual framework of their own religion. Through some of those men and women, "schools" or movements developed within all major religions that represented not only rediscovery, but in some cases an intensification of the light of the original teaching.
hmmmmnm!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will You Do If God Ask You To Kill Your Own Child? / The Relationship Between Witchcraft And Atheism. / How Can Ancestral Covenant Be Broken?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.