Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points (61702 Views)

JAMB Adopts Pin Vending For 2017 UTME / Check How To Calculate Your 2016/17 UTME Screening Score / JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by passionate88: 8:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
This is rubbish
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Jonwesley(m): 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
Bolustic:
I don't think this is good enough considering the high rate of examination malpractices in O'Level exams. If you happen to mark WAEC/NECO scripts, you'd know most secondary school students, don't own their results they cheated.

That apart, using UNILORIN or UNILAG who get close to, if not more than, 90,000 applicants a year with just a meagre 7,000 available admission slots, if the points grading system was adopted and let's say 45,000 qualified. What would the FG do to the other remaining 38,000 successful applicants.

Post UTME is by far the most credible exam right now.

Besides, why is it so hard to pay for post utme? The same people who will spend lavishly on Aso Ebi, Owanbe, Sallah, Alcohols, clubbing and other frivolities should be able to spend on education without complaints

Rubbish. Then they raise the cut off points higher. Can't candidates also pass the post utme that way if it were a fair system? Why support a system that deliberately fails students as better. Putme is a nightmare. And if U prefer that why have U entered university before now since the way U analysed it, you must have written it at least once, but failed.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by ezelos(m): 9:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
musty001:
What about students that are awaiting results?
How is there points gonna be calculated?
Since points are been allocated to the O level results
. There is no admission for those with awaiting results.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by rayreaper(m): 9:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
devilmarycry,
our mr nairaland,vote for him and let ur vote count,vote d freshest dude ever

Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by kindmman(m): 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
Bolustic:
I don't think this is good enough considering the high rate of examination malpractices in O'Level exams. If you happen to mark WAEC/NECO scripts, you'd know most secondary school students, don't own their results they cheated.

That apart, using UNILORIN or UNILAG who get close to, if not more than, 90,000 applicants a year with just a meagre 7,000 available admission slots, if the points grading system was adopted and let's say 45,000 qualified. What would the FG do to the other remaining 38,000 successful applicants.

Post UTME is by far the most credible exam right now.

Besides, why is it so hard to pay for post utme? The same people who will spend lavishly on Aso Ebi, Owanbe, Sallah, Alcohols, clubbing and other frivolities should be able to spend on education without complaints
This country ehn, one step forward three steps backward. This point system is nothing but a disaster. It is only going to encourage examination malpractices more. Most of these mushrooms private secondary schools that write WAEC for their students are just being told to do better. I know very many students who passed with good grades but could not defend them.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
PLease is the o level result the one we submited during registration or the one to be submited later during screening
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
thecrush:
This is wicked

How many gets above 300 in JAMB to get 34/60 points?

This government is fighting and breeding corruption at the same time.
Fine, if not many scored over 300 the few that did will get the admission first. People like you are only sad that back door arrangements for entry into the university just got more difficult. I commend jamb, but if this move makes you want to wail, you fit come collect handkerchief.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Talk2Talk: 9:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
CONFAM!

Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by enambobo(m): 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
very poor system. This will be beneficial to the private school pupils and detrimental to public schl students. The private schls will do their best to ensure that their students obtain max points by paying WAEC officials. I wont be surprised to see lazy students claiming all A's. Most govt schls on the other hand do not pay WAEC officials and as such i expect their results to be very poor. At the end of the day, a rich man's child has greater chances of getting into the universities. But i believe at the end God will make it easy for the poor farm boy to get the admission despite all odds.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by 01Mysticdon(m): 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
bejeiodus:
Many people have comprehension problem in Nigeria. JAMB is not using any point system. The image below is what JAMB is proposing.
Thanks bro for the info.
People just dey carry fake news.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by DAntivirus: 9:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
STUDENTS, read your books... The time spent on nairaland waiting for 'FTC', Spacebooking, Buhari vs GEJ - spend it on ur books.

Its never been easy to study, this days your textbooks are over-revised, your exam questions are all shuffled past questions and over-simplified,yet u all complain.

No easy way to success. READ, STUDY and BE FOCUSED

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by DAntivirus: 9:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
tommyken:
PLease is the o level result the one we submited during registration or the one to be submited later during screening

And u'r actually seeking admission... Later they blame buhari
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by P0intBlank(m): 9:32pm On Jul 05, 2016
thecrush:
Whats the meaning of 180-200 : 20-23 Which one is which?
180-185 20 186-190 21 191-195 22 196-200 23
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by samsard(m): 9:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
RingimKabir:
The best thing I will love Buhari to do is to simply SCRAP this EVIL thing called JAMB! It's nothing but a SCAM!

Like if you support my idea.
Thats a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Taryur3(m): 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
University of ibadan started this 2005/2006...
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Emeka71(m): 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
The idea is good because so many parameters is to be checked and considered before admission and there is now respect for WAEC by JAMB.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by God2man(m): 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ok
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by midasbliss(f): 9:54pm On Jul 05, 2016
Tons of people wrote JAMB with awaiting result... Jeez... This isn't fair sha, at least during registration, they would have not given room for candidates with awaiting results...
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by thecrush: 9:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Fine, if not many scored over 300 the few that did will get the admission first. People like you are only sad that back door arrangements for entry into the university just got more difficult. I commend jamb, but if this move makes you want to wail, you fit come collect handkerchief.

CowBoy am only lamenting for a jambite like you.
I am currently working as a manager in a company.

The system isnt just right. DOnt you think this will encourage more backdoor arrangments for WAEC and JAMB?

Education is becoming difficult and discouraging.

I remember UI used a similar method which was better WAEC=60, JAMB=40....
I think JAMB as 60 marks is just too much
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Izumarock70(m): 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
Pls someone that want to study computer engineering, what are the four subjects he will write in jamb?
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by thecrush: 10:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
Taryur3:
University of ibadan started this 2005/2006...
UI used this below:

JAMB score/10 = 40 marks
WAEC : A= 12, B2=5, B3=4, C4=3, C5=2, C6=1.....= 60marks

I just think this method will not be fair on those who have 2 sittings
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
DAntivirus:

I no blame you
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by thecrush: 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
eph12:

How is this breeding corruption? Is it government fault if you don't get 300+?

POLICY
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
DAntivirus:

I no blame you

Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by nwaanambra1(m): 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
[size=14pt]the long and short of the whole story is, very few will be given admission into government universities, and due to the high cost of dollars coupled with the stress of schooling abroad, parents will have no option than to send their wards to private universities in Nigeria!

in other words, private universities will have a big boom - which of course have been the reason for all these scheming and rigmarole, and of course ojerinde will retire a very wealthy man cause i heard he has stakes in majority of the private universities and secondary schools in Nigeria.

if you have the money, pls invest in education - especially universities and polytechnics!

there is another angle to this thou, this method will discourage a lot of people from seeking university education. many will get discouraged after several admission failures and will opt out for technical education or what we call 'handwork' at a point there will be a leveling - in the sense that university degree will gain back its respect and the masses will begin to appreciate the fact that university education is not for all. sometime in the future it will create a balance - the dead middle class will recreate itself and the economy will balance up just like it is in china where only few attend university while majority are given technical education.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
DAntivirus:

I no blame you I too know I.T.k

Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Taryur3(m): 10:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
thecrush:

UI used this below:

JAMB score/10 = 40 marks
WAEC : A= 12, B2=5, B3=4, C4=3, C5=2, C6=1.....= 60marks

I just think this method will not be fair on those who have 2 sittings
Exactly...I passed tru it as far back as 2006...for pharmacy...I got 68points.NO ADMISSION. Ain't worry though. ..that was the year I finished high school
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by thecrush: 10:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
Taryur3:

Exactly...I passed tru it as far back as 2006...for pharmacy...I got 68points.NO ADMISSION. Ain't worry though. ..that was the year I finished high school
Hmmmm....I used the same method to enter Chemistry in 2007

The method wasnt tough for competitive courses like Pharma, MBBS, Elect-Elect, Econs...

PostUTme was just fair for all.....very transparent in UI.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by kenoz(m): 10:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
cool
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
eph12:

About 90% of students that wrote Jamb got below 300 so what are you now saying
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Smartresult(f): 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
She is first lady bv wife of the president
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Annibiteye: 10:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
eph12:

I wonder o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JAMB Offices, Phone Number,address And Email In All 36 States Of Nigeria / Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane / Teacher Dances With Her Students On Assembly Ground, Netizens Hail Her As Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.