Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,050 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points (61748 Views)

JAMB Adopts Pin Vending For 2017 UTME / Check How To Calculate Your 2016/17 UTME Screening Score / JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Tlake(m): 6:14am On Jul 06, 2016
Dont waste your time with screening issues ,get admission with only your o level result required visit www.cfalandz.com/application
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by laikas: 6:18am On Jul 06, 2016
musty001:
What about students that are awaiting results?
How is there points gonna be calculated?
Since points are been allocated to the O level results
no admission for awaitin results
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by macaranta(m): 6:37am On Jul 06, 2016
Unnecessarily complicated system.Post utme was just fine.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by ichomi(m): 7:03am On Jul 06, 2016
macaranta:
Unnecessarily complicated system.Post utme was just fine.

it was fine until skools started getting greedy. Increasing the cost ot post utme fee every year. Forms that were formerly sold for 2500 now sells for 7500.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by thecrush: 7:10am On Jul 06, 2016
Taryur3:

Wasn't tough or tough bro...cut off mark for medicine that year was 80points. Pham....75points.the method heavily favoured those with high A grades in chemphybiomaths and english.what was your point then? And did u applied for chemistry?
Yes i applied for Chemistry...

1 Like

Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Stanzingerzy(m): 7:21am On Jul 06, 2016
Zoological Republic, with a phidolphile regime
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Wizaugpet(m): 7:51am On Jul 06, 2016
I think there is no need 4 all this, since money is still needed 4 screening. And this point of a thing is not at all favourable, they should have just allowed the post utme 2 continue.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by charlie42(m): 7:57am On Jul 06, 2016
See strategies so all the money for screening will now end up in Jamb account. even if a candidate pays just #500 tru out d country, I'm sure u can guess how much Jamb will make per year. Another level of corruption will now emerge.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Jok3r(m): 7:58am On Jul 06, 2016
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by musty001: 8:15am On Jul 06, 2016
wallex1983:

Jamb already stated that no awaiting results again
because ma younger brother wrote waec this year,and the result is not yet out
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by musty001: 8:18am On Jul 06, 2016
Tex42:
It simply means that candidates with awaiting result, stand no chance of being admitted.

Think it was stated earlier in one of the jamb updates posted here.
those this means that students,who wrote waec and neco this year will not be givien admission?
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by kolado(m): 8:29am On Jul 06, 2016
I don't see anything wrong with PUTME aside from the outrageous fees being paid to obtain the form. I bet you PUTME is preferrable. You guys had better beg FG to allow you sit for PUTME otherwise you're in trouble with this 'point system of a thing'. You guys will later beg to write PUTME,mark my words!
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Elxandre(m): 8:42am On Jul 06, 2016
Nigerians and ignorance.
Even The Nation newspapers etc couldn't make a decent research into the source of the news before publishing hogwash put into circulation by the gullible bandwagon effect.

A model that JAMB faulted as non beneficial in the document is what you people now conclude they'll adopt.
Or what do you think JAMB meant when they noted the points system would be a disadvantage for those with weaker WAEC grades?

Is it not clearly written on page 28 of that PDF document released by jamb that screening will only commence after awarding of provisional admission by jamb?

No wonder ASUU complains that substandard students will infiltrate their schools without PUTME.

97% of aspirants just failed Comprehension woefully!

1 Like

Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by shalimah(f): 8:56am On Jul 06, 2016
Issorite...aboki na aboki...Shebi dis mallam (our so called minister of education) has finally turned everything upside down...APC fighting corruption while u re corruption...
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by mescapee: 9:14am On Jul 06, 2016
"Certificate" Vs "No Certificate"

Let the game continue.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by olagabriel26: 9:53am On Jul 06, 2016
Elxandre:
Nigerians and ignorance.
Even The Nation newspapers etc couldn't make a decent research into the source of the news before publishing hogwash put into circulation by the gullible bandwagon effect.

A model that JAMB faulted as non beneficial in the document is what you people now conclude they'll adopt.
Or what do you think JAMB meant when they noted the points system would be a disadvantage for those with weaker WAEC grades?

Is it not clearly written on page 28 of that PDF document released by jamb that screening will only commence after awarding of provisional admission by jamb?

No wonder ASUU complains that substandard students will infiltrate their schools without PUTME.

pls help me to tell them oh. I don't knw who is deceiving who. It is stated there in the document.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Tj70(m): 10:09am On Jul 06, 2016
JAMB missed the point. Post UTME was borne out of distrust by Universities of the 'fantastically corrupt' results being spewed out by JAMB.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:11am On Jul 06, 2016
thecrush:

CowBoy am only lamenting for a jambite like you.
I am currently working as a manager in a company.

The system isnt just right. DOnt you think this will encourage more backdoor arrangments for WAEC and JAMB?

Education is becoming difficult and discouraging.

I remember UI used a similar method which was better WAEC=60, JAMB=40....
I think JAMB as 60 marks is just too much
Lol and who told you I am a jambite? You don't know me. How are we sure it's not a backdoor arrangement that got you a university admission and saw you through school?
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 06, 2016
Elxandre:
Nigerians and ignorance.

honestly,I didn't understand at first, till I read it over again.....I think you have done ur best trying to make others understand the new model jamb would be using now.....
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Elxandre(m): 10:28am On Jul 06, 2016
emmijes3:
honestly,I didn't understand at first, till I read it over again.....I think you have done ur best trying to make others understand the new model jamb would be using now.....
Sis, I'm just frustrated at seeing everyone calculating non existent points.
For some unknown reason, I'm concerned.

I guess I have to let them be.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by olagabriel26: 10:38am On Jul 06, 2016
According to that document this is the proposed jamb admission model
PROPOSED JAMB MODEL FOR
SCREENING OF RECOMMENDED CANDIDATES
1. Screening of candidates shall be for those offered Provisional Admissions ONLY.
1. No written examination to be conducted.
2. Verification of Course Requirements (O’ levels or A’ levels).
3. Verification of valid JAMB results by checking:
i. Online Result Slip
ii. Printout
iii. Provisional Admission Letter
iv. Photo Album
v. Checklist
vi. Biometrics
5. Institutions are free to source from other Course(s) to compensate for SHORTFALL in any of the criteria.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by thecrush: 11:45am On Jul 06, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Lol and who told you I am a jambite? You don't know me. How are we sure it's not a backdoor arrangement that got you a university admission and saw you through school?
Lol... Nooooooo

Make ds jamb pple pity una
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by july66: 11:57am On Jul 06, 2016
Posd:
See earlier thread on this https://www.nairaland.com/3207545/check-how-calculate-2016-17

Source: http://starpodblog..com/2016/07/see-how-to-calculate-points-as-jamb.html
Source
when considerations are being made for university admission or competitive employment opportunities, Nigeria introduces federal character/quota system under the excuse that the north is educationally disadvantaged. Buhari has been using his power as president to appoint northerners into choice executive positions as if there are no qualified or reliable southerners. People are watching as a precedence is being set. When a southerner becomes president and its payback time, Junaid Muhammed and his co travellers will begin to threaten war. Name it: Dss, Efcc, Nnpc, Police, Immigration etc the appointed people seem to have a job to do for him instead of working for Nigeria.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Taryur3(m): 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
thecrush:

Yes i applied for Chemistry...
I guess you making your money now sir
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2016
thecrush:

Lol... Nooooooo

Make ds jamb pple pity una
OK o!
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by thecrush: 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2016
Taryur3:

I guess you making your money now sir

Yes o

Am sure you are at heading to the top also
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Taryur3(m): 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2016
thecrush:

Yes o

Am sure you are at heading to the top also
Yes sir,by his grace.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by sahmih(m): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
this seems sensible but what about the awaiting result jambites?
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Tex42(m): 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2016
musty001:
those this means that students,who wrote waec and neco this year will not be givien admission?
Not if their result is ready b4 their choice institution commence candidates screening.
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Posd: 4:56am On Jul 07, 2016
*Good news to those that didn't prefer or chose MAPOLY in jamb and those that failed jamb and also those that never wrote jamb and are willing to be in school this year***

If you didn't choose mapoly in your jamb slip during your registration you are welcome on board to free free obtain the NDFT post jamb form when out very soon .

Those that never wrote jamb AND those that failed jamb this year also can apply for this year post jamb in MAPOLY which the form is on selling now NDEve(2years also but 12-6pm lectures everyday)quickly obtain this form ,don't waste a year more at home.

Thanks
For more information on this kindly
WhatsApp -08172551010 or call 08104003243 ..

MAPOLY post jamb past questions for ND &HND still on selling now !!!!!grab yours fast!
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Posd: 4:56am On Jul 07, 2016
LIST OF WHAT TO BRING ALONG WHEN COMING FOR ND(eve and PT) AND HND registration*

1* OLEVEL RESULT

2* PASSPORT OR CLEAR SNAPPED PIX FROM YOUR MOBILE PHONE

3* LIST OF SECONDARY & PRIMARY SCHOOLS YOU ATTENDED (WITH YEARS)

4*STATE OF ORIGIN

5* DATE OF BIRTH

6* ND CGPA(FOR HND APPLICANTS )

HND & ND PAST QUESTIONS STILL ON SALE

WHATSAPP -08172551010 or call 08104003243
Re: JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points by Posd: 6:26am On Jul 07, 2016
WHAT CURRENTLY DELAYING MAPOLY NDFT FORM?

over the years we all know mapoly do release "her" post UTME at the end of august and exam by august ending also but this year the story really changed from what we've been anticipating .
The school is currently working hard to release the form on sale after the eid Mubarak break .
When out online it gonna be announce on this platform which the cutoff mark eligibility gonna be announce alongside with it.

GET YOUR MAPOLY PAST QUESTIONS FOR ND & HND NOW!!!

Thanks
WhatsApp 08172551010 or call 08104003233

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane / What's The Worst English Sentence You've Ever Heard? / UNIZIK Has The Most Beautiful University Gate In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.