Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th (83530 Views)

Longest FEC Meeting Under Buhari Extends To Thursday / Kogi Government Declares Monday Public Holiday To Pray For Buhari As He Returns / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday To Mark Eid-El-Maulud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by ricababy1: 7:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
Tolexander:
Please declare friday too and let's just have the whole of this week for holiday!

Here in Abba, we haven't gone to work this month.

Ojo Madueke + Eid el fitri

@Tolexander
I support you they should declare Friday too.

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
# please rebroadcast and end this untold hunger strike brought on our Muslim Brothers by the hiding mood

# #the new moon have just been sited somewere in Nigeria, which brings an end to the fasting season, this moon was seen by sheikh umar Sheqau of d kogi mosque, it was also confirmed by the sultan of sokoto, we wish our Muslim Brothers barka da sallah
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by ricababy1: 7:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
Am looking for a place to go for holiday.
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by flamingREED(m): 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
Chai!
grin

I wish I could pray like Joshua that the moon remains in hiding for one full month!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by abimic(m): 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
Having being an ardent supporter of buhari, I hereby would have to conclude this is a bad omen for his government. Even moon dey hide! Buhari, baba one chance!!!! The moon would only appear in the north and if it fails to appear, we would deploy drones to track and destroy the moon's enclave. The moon must show!

4 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by generalissimo(m): 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
fearNORTH:
The confusion continues.

It took them 7 months to appoint ministers, one year to write budget, and now, one week to determine their Eid-il-Fitr holiday.

Buhari is a confused mumu
Kai! You are from which tribe? You don't publicly insult an elderly person like that. Common! Though I don a like your post sha.
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by just2endowed: 7:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
Lol this government self
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by jesussaves22: 7:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
I told them but they refuse to listen
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by nicflame(m): 7:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
MagicBishop:
They can never be in total agreement other than in killing non Muslims.

Lunar tables are as accurate as ever and can be gotten from the free access public domain from sites like NASA.

Useles follow follow almajiris who do not even know their religion

...and here you are thinking you've conjured a beautiful writeup just to showcase your ignorance.
Firstly, Who do you think the lunar calendar belongs to, Christians? Kindly help your ignorance and do some research on the source of the names of each month.
Secondly, does your so-called peaceful religion teaches you to address other religions by being abuse? I'd rather be an atheist than to join that kind of religion.
Thirdly. It's a thing of pride, to count our days in accordance with the celestial body as we're being ordered to, than to merely guess and put up some assumed month.
And pls, are you sure Jesus christ was even born on the 25th of December? Cos most Christians even reject that claim. I pray may you be rightly guided out of your conspicuous midguidance

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by omolola15(m): 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
Tellemall:

You do realize what waiting for moon means, don't you, you dull creature? It means if the moon doesn't come up you guys will fast forever.

It means that is a dogmatic fallacy.

It means Mohammedans worship to the cycles of the Moon.

Of course you can't see what's wrong in that, from a religion that claims there is one god and to worship it. After all, you're too brainwashed to think beyond the little square you've been chasing your tail about in.

Now, get lost.

Seriously if you don't know something then please don't act like you do. You are totally wrong. The moon can be sighted on the 29th or 30th. If it's not sighted on the 29th then fasting stops automatically on the 30th. All Muslims know this. I don't expect you to know it. But please don't act like you do. Because you got no idea at all.

Counting days by the moon now means worshipping the cycles of the moon abi. Have you ever wondered how days and time were measured before the invention of the gregorian calendar in 1852? Google is your friend my friend. osquare88 you dey feel me?

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by temi1526: 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
My thougth: just thinking aloud. if the church ask for a day more due 2 some unseen reasons(none that i could think of ofcourse) for easter or christmas celebration, would the Government approve it?

pls don't like nor comment.My tots only.

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Sike(m): 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
Leggooooo
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by aluma(m): 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
Just passing
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Tellemall: 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
omolola15:

Seriously if you don't know something then please don't act like you do. You are totally wrong. The moon can be sighted on the 29th or 30th. If it's not sighted on the 29th then fasting stops automatically on the 30th. All Muslims know this. I don't expect you to know it. But please don't act like you do. Because you got no idea at all.

Counting days by the moon now means worshipping the cycles of the moon abi. Have you ever wondered how days and time were measured before the invention of the gregorian calendar in 1852? Google is your friend my friend. osquare88 you dey feel me?

Now that you've explained the lunar cycle to us, as though we haven't had astronomy classes before, and geography classes, can you get to the part where Mohammedans use the moon to worship? Is the moon part of the religion or not?

Do not presume to teach me anything new about the moon. There's nothing about it that you can teach me. Unlike you, Google did not teach me things I know. If you want to be credible, give me references with pages.

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Kunberg: 8:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
mcversatile:
U dy para o
Abi nah, e make sense nah
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Kunberg: 8:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
ricababy1:
@Tolexander I support you they should declare Friday too.

Nice one there
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by omolola15(m): 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2016
Tellemall:

Now that you've explained the lunar cycle to us, as though we haven't had astronomy classes before, can you get to the part where Mohammedans use the moon to worship? Is the moon part of the religion or not?

Do not presume to teach me anything new about the moon. There's nothing about it that you can teach me.

You claimed they worship the moon. So you are the one to explain how they worship the moon to us. Because I definitely don't worship the moon. Because I don't get how using the moon to signify the start of a new month means worshiping it.
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Kanyekels(m): 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2016
[quote author=golor post=47232844]Must we criticise everything about Mr president! [/quote

Yes oo
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by udy4real(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
nicflame:

...and here you are thinking you've conjured a beautiful writeup just to showcase your ignorance.
Firstly, Who do you think the lunar calendar belongs to, Christians? Kindly help your ignorance and do some research on the source of the names of each month.
Secondly, does your so-called peaceful religion teaches you to address other religions by being abuse? I'd rather be an atheist than to join that kind of religion.
Thirdly. It's a thing of pride, to count our days in accordance with the celestial body as we're being ordered to, than to merely guess and put up some assumed month.
And pls, are you sure Jesus christ was even born on the 25th of December? Cos most Christians even reject that claim. I pray may you be rightly guided out of your conspicuous midguidance

Shut that trap u call a mouth,don't u ever compare Jesus Christ with a mere man

4 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by jennifer22(f): 9:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
I see the moon, the moon see me, God bless the moon and God bless me............ Children rhymes.

At once the moon, hide till next week..... See Grove for my sister.. Targhene.

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by eposho: 9:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
udy4real:

So Jesus Christ is what?? The moon??

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by OBAnkemi: 9:32pm On Jul 05, 2016
kobonaire:
No productivity this week then.

.....and in an economy that is already comatose, dead, and buried. Baba Buhari I hail thee!!!
And to imagine I called GEJ clueless......

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Adesiji77: 9:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
hardbody:

Bros na wa oo

3 days is too much, honestly. It gets boring and it comes between my other plans. I had wanted so badly to get some info on thursday so i can travel on Friday, it's suddenly torpedoed.

Not finding this funny. These guys should get their acts right. These moons and all are clearly stated in international diaries and could be googled.

Anyway how your end?

Come make i buy you beer....after the fasting grin

cheesy

Thanks for the offer bro and my side is ok. Needed some rest anyway so the extended holiday is timely though laughable. The week is as good as gone...
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by glossy6(f): 9:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
eposho:

So Jesus Christ is what?? The moon??

Jesus Christ is the Word as recognized in your Qur'an

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by mannobi(m): 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
cremedelacreme:
The sighting of the moon was Inconclusive
-INEC

The sighting of the moon has been adjourned till tomorrow
-Abuja High Court

The sighting of the moon was not altered, a committee will be set-up to be headed by Sen. David Mark (Chairman Senate committee on Observation)
-Senate

The moon has already been sighted tomorrow
-Lai Mohammed

The anomally in the crescentic illumna of the moon in the atmospheric galaxy is tantamount to more crinkum crankum & hoola-baloo
-Patrick Obahiagbon

The APC was the cause of the moon not sighted in Nigeria
-Fayose

We will create another moon for Nigerians
-APC

Due to none sighting of the Moon, the Board of the Ulamas has been dissolved.
-Presidency

We blew up the moon and we will blow up more moons
-Niger Delta Avengers

We are responsible for the absence of the moon in the sky
-Boko Haram

Those responsible for the missing moon will soon be apprehended and charged accordingly. We have evidence.
-EFCC

We dont want to sight the Moon
-Biafrans

We know where the moon is but we dont want to say.
-The US govt.
Happy holiday !!!
grin grin grin grin

Too hilarious
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by nicflame(m): 9:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
udy4real:

And Jesus's christ is your God that came out between the two legs of a woman, abi. Think my friend! you were given the grey matter for a purpose
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by OBAnkemi: 9:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
matex97:
i am a christian and i dont see why you should point accusing finger at buhari for the non-sighting of the moon.please let us try and seperate governance from religion.thanks

The issue here isn't the sighting or not of the moon. The issue is, this government is clearly directionless. In all the 56yrs of our nationhood, I doubt if any government has ever declared a 3 working days public holiday before. Our biggest holiday if we are truly a secular nation should be October 1st. If Oct 1st is usually a one working day holiday, I see no reason why any religious holiday should be for 2 days, talkless 3 whole days.
Moon wasn't sighted yesterday, agreed. Wednesday 6th July is now Sallah. Why can't we just return to work on Thursday, a day after Sallah? It's in little stuffs like this we begin to truly see that this government doesn't know what to do to turn the economy of this nation around.

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by lollmaolol(m): 10:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
Investors will be like wth with Nigerian Useless and wasteful holiday, 3 productive working days =+( =+(
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by meromero11: 10:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
-INEC
-Abuja High Court
The sighting of the moon was not altered, a committee will be set-up to be headed by Sen. David Mark (Chairman Senate committee on Observation)
-Senate
-Lai Mohammed
The anomally in the crescentic illumna of the moon in the atmospheric galaxy is tantamount to more crinkum crankum & hoola-baloo
-Patrick Obahiagbon
-Fayose
-APC
-Presidency
-N D Avengers
-Boko Haram
Those responsible for the missing moon will soon be apprehended and charged accordingly. We have evidence.
-EFCC
-Brexit
-US
Sighting of the moon is not a rocket science
-Fashola

We can no longer continue to support the sighting of the moon, everyone should source for their own moon from alternative sources.
-CBN Governor.

On behalf of the family, we are willing to return the moon for sighting at whatever time it is requested. We also state unequivocally our support for the current moon sighting campaign by the presidency.
-Olisa Metuh.

Abeg add your own I don taya!

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by Loveebelejona: 10:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
cremedelacreme:
-INEC

-Abuja High Court

-Senate

-Lai Mohammed

-Patrick Obahiagbon

-Fayose

-APC

-Presidency

-Niger Delta Avengers

-Boko Haram

-EFCC

-Biafrans

-The US govt.
Happy holiday !!!
grin grin grin grin
creme,you are good very talented,keep it up
Re: Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th by micton(m): 11:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
The moon is missing, information reaching us said that due to change agenda of APC, the moon has decided to change its location to unknown destination. EFCC should looking into this matter. God save Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Angry Soldier Kills Four Of His Colleagues In Borno / Eucharia Ojukwu: Senator Elisha Abbo's Wife Died Of HIV/AIDS - Sister Tells Sun / Edo Governorship Election 2016: Live Updates (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.