Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? (2432 Views)

Hilarious Photos: #500bn Needed To Register Bill Gates University Etc In Otukpo / Scholarship Opportunity At Georgetown University For African Students / Full-tuition Fee Scholarship For Msc At Georgetown University, USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? by Sagamite(m): 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2009
For those in the US, can you rate these 10 universities (listed below) in regards to prestige in the US?

I would think this would be a reasonable rating:

1) University of Chicago
2) Dartmouth College
3) Brown University
4) University of Virginia
5) Rice University
6) Duke University
7) Emory University
8') Wake Forest University
9) Georgetown University
10) Tulane University
Re: Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? by Omoteeh: 12:47pm On Sep 18, 2009
Hi,

University of Chicago is rated very high amongst the world best uni's. Check out the list of top business schools in the financial times website.
I am applying to Chicago booth(Business school of Uni of Chicago) for my PHD. The GMAt requirements however are really high.
Re: Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? by SEFAGO(m): 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2009
modification
Re: Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? by SEFAGO(m): 7:25pm On Sep 18, 2009
modification
Re: Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? by Sagamite(m): 8:38pm On Sep 18, 2009
SEFAGO:

For undergraduate which is what the OP is asking about since brown and dartmouth are terrible for graduate schools (According to prestige- how these schools are viewed especially amongst college-applicants/companies/workplace- not actual academic quality)

1) Duke
2) Dartmouth/Brown (same reputation)
3) University of Chicago
4) Georgetown
5) Rice
6) University of Virginia
7) Emory
8 ) Wake Forest University
9) Tulane University

Is that because you are studying xxxxx?
Re: Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? by SEFAGO(m): 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2009
modification
Re: Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? by Sagamite(m): 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2009
SEFAGO:

haha , thats actually not true

Favor, could you modify your post, I dont really want my school permanently on a post.

But you asked about prestige, and i am telling you the truth. If you asked about academic quality, I give a totally different opinion. Well not that different, since Rice since it is a very rigorous schoole would go up a bit.

Son, the whole point of this thread is to verify my suspicion of your school that makes you boast so much that you are better and smarter than the gods and you fell for the honey trap.

I used your weakness (arrogance, I warned you to watch how you use it) to extract it from you. This is an example of when I say academics is not the be all and end all of intelligence.

Upon all, it is not like if it is MIT, some Ivy League or particularly top school.  undecided
Re: Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? by SEFAGO(m): 10:28pm On Sep 18, 2009
modification
Re: Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? by SEFAGO(m): 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2009
modification
Re: Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? by Sagamite(m): 10:35pm On Sep 18, 2009
SEFAGO:

But what was the purpose lol, and what did you gain from it. I suspected you did that mate, lol my location is in DC and I am in school, you just had to check my past posts, u are not talking to a fool.

What I gained is the ability to put you in your place when you start running your mouth like "we the smart ones that go to top universities" when you do not realise the class of people you are boasting to.

SEFAGO:

I can talk because i got into three ivy league schools (dartmouth, cornell, upenn) plus a bunch of top liberal schools (which have like at most one nigerian), I made my choice for specific reasons which i dont regret.

Here we go again.

SEFAGO:

Like seriously man u actually need introspection. Especially if you are saying Bleep school is not a particularly top school- u should tell the presidents/kings that went there and my classmates who attended high schools at Eton/st paul's/Winchester/Andover/Choate/ Le Rosey. We are not Stanford but we are close to it grin.

And more.

xxxx is in the class of Uni of Sheffield or Newcastle in the UK. We don't see such as particularly special.

SEFAGO:

Seems you have some inferiority complex

No, it is superiority confidence and has always been. Even more so now I know your noise is based on xxxx.
Re: Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? by SEFAGO(m): 10:35pm On Sep 18, 2009
lalala
Re: Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? by SEFAGO(m): 11:37pm On Sep 18, 2009
thnxs wink
Re: Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? by Sagamite(m): 12:47am On Sep 19, 2009
SEFAGO:

Now you have satisfied your curiosity. Can you please modify your post so that people don't know my business.

No point. You would have to also get Omoteeh to modify his or else it would be more obvious. I have modified as much as I can so that it is not blatant. If I modify the title and Omoteeh does not then it would be obvious what you are trying to hide.
Re: Which Is Best: Chicago, Dartmouth or Georgetown University Etc? by SEFAGO(m): 1:10am On Sep 21, 2009
Well, I would bump the thread then, Omoteeh, could you please modify your post, I am trying to reduce the internet paper trail that i am leaving around. Gdluck applying to Booth, just please modify ur thread.

(1) (Reply)

Olashore International School! Any Help? / More About Nda / Education Is The Best Legacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.