Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder (5900 Views)

Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? / Noahs Ark, A Work Of Fiction Or Reality? / Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by dblackninja: 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
This thread kept throbbing up and I thought there was something cool happening over here.

MizMyColi what explanation are you really seeking out for? That you got a wound and it later healed.. You want us to explain how wound is healed undecided Or is there something sinister that is troubling you??

2 Likes

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MizMyColi(f): 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:

Oh! My.... And here I thought the evidence in truth for the existence for anything as you have preciously inferred in past years was factual concrete proof.
I would however pass as commanded. I do hope you get the proof you seek.

If that were so, then the precept of admissibility of testimony from certain witnesses in a court of law would be completely ruled out.

So, if you cannot consider the possibility of my story and try to reach a conclusion from their, pass please.

It is not a command, it ("please"wink is a request.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MizMyColi(f): 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
4everGod1:
Mizmycoli when you are done reading the link I gave you the rest is up to you.

Thank you.
I will read later.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MizMyColi(f): 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
dblackninja:
This thread kept throbbing up and I thought there was something cool happening over here.

MizMyColi what explanation are you really seeking out for? That you got a wound and it later healed.. You want us to explain how wound is healed undecided Or is there something sinister that is troubling you??

What baffles me is how such wound appeared on my hand and disappeared TOTALLY in less than 3 hours...

It left no trace. Nothing showed that a wound or anything was ever present.

I understand that there are scars that heal completely, but such happening in less than 3 hours?
For something which I even felt some kind of pain and discomfiture?
And then it just disappeared without a trace?

Two things are involved here.....

You can either dismiss my story for lack of "concrete before and after pictures"

OR

You can consider the possibility that such actually happened to me.
And try to give an explanation.

1 Like

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
MizMyColi:

If that were so, then the precept of admissibility of testimony from certain witnesses in a court of law would be completely ruled out.

So, if you cannot consider the possibility of my story and try to reach a conclusion from their, pass please.

It is not a command, it ("please"wink is a request.

I thought they call this hypocrisy....
You let the logic pass the test when it pertains to issues of your own construct, but let the logic fail if it doesn't appease you - especially when it has to deal with the existence of an intelligent designer.
Plus don't say I'm bugging you... You clearly stated your previous assertion was a request and not a command which I'd gladly decline... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by matrix600(m): 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
MizMyColi:
PUZZLING THOUGHTS.

At a time when I almost crossed over to try Atheism owing to semi-convictions from a person who taught me my first lessons on God's Grace, the event described above made me hold back.

I have not seen the entity we call God. Apart from what I read in the bible about Jesus (which I choose to believe anyway) I do not have any tangible evidence that he exists/existed.

But what I do know for sure is that the supernatural/paranormal is real. I am convinced that there are powers/energies out there and based on their perceived chatacteristics I have categorised them into good and bad.

While I have a million reasons to buttress this belief of mine, the one I described above stands out because it defies logic and NO...it is neither coincidence nor hallucination or anything that remotely resembles such.

If anyone has a tangible explanation that aptly describes what happened to me that night, please proffer. Thank you.
Hey sweetheart long time.
This thing you call the "supernatural" as the name implies is NATURE that is SUPER. It is super because we do not yet understand the workings of it. For something to be regarded as supernatural is in itself wrong, because we do not even know the limit or endpoint of what is natural so much as to know that something is beyond nature. Ghosts may exist, people might see visions, witches may fly, and odd things might happen, it doesn't make them unnatural or supernatural.
The supernatural or paranormal is not evidence for the existence of the abrahamic god or any other god, it is evidence for the limitation of our knowledge. So atheists should not be called to give explanations here. Its really unnecessary.

2 Likes

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by Busayorafael(m): 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2016
MizMyColi:
@Megawax8

This wasn't a swollen face.
It was a wound.

You know how when someone scratches you and the blood clots forming some kinda line that has black covering, that's what I'm talking about.

This is not the first time I have had such.You will agree with me that such lingers.

As I talk to you I checked my body to see marks that have healed, but if you look at my legs for example, you will notice an evidence of a mark/scar, though it has healed.

Now, if this is something I can dismiss or give an explanation to, I will not be writing here.

I know what I experienced that night.

A year later, I asked one of the people who prayed with me if she remember my sharing this experience with them and she replied in the affirmative.

Good Evening, MizMyColi.

I notice no one has asked this question since the beginning of this thread. Have you gone for a medical check-up? It could be something.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by dblackninja: 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
MizMyColi:

What baffles me is how such wound appeared on my hand and disappeared TOTALLY in less than 3 hours...

It left no trace. Nothing showed that a wound or anything was ever present.

I understand that there are scars that heal completely, but such happening in less than 3 hours?
For something which I even felt some kind of pain and discomfiture?
And then it just disappeared without a trace?

Two things are involved here.....

You can either dismiss my story for lack of "concrete before and after pictures"

OR

You can consider the possibility that such actually happened to me.
And try to give an explanation.

Oh I see. People may ask of evidence because you are both the claimant, witness and observer to this account.
Your narration is only what we have over here.

What sort of would is that? (Nail wound, witchcraft wound grin knife wound, small cut, deep cut, stretch mark etc..) You left us with nothing.. just a wound.
You can tell us now. Describe it better since you don't have an evidence of it...then let's see if we can have an explanation for it.

2 Likes

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MizMyColi(f): 8:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
matrix600:
Hey sweetheart long time.
This thing you call the "supernatural" as the name implies is NATURE that is SUPER. It is super because we do not yet understand the workings of it. For something to be regarded as supernatural is in itself wrong, because we do not even know the limit or endpoint of what is natural so much as to know that something is beyond nature. Ghosts may exist, people might see visions, witches may fly, and odd things might happen, it doesn't make them unnatural or supernatural.
The supernatural or paranormal is not evidence for the existence of the abrahamic god or any other god, it is evidence for the limitation of our knowledge. So atheists should not be called to give explanations here. Its really unnecessary.

Heyyy smiley

You know, you're right.
Perhaps, if I had thought out the topic, I wouldn't have added atheists.

I actually copied the topic verbatim from damogul. I went with it because atheists are good at proffering explanations for stuff like this.

A Christian would tell me it's God.
I do not exactly doubt the veracity of that, but then....perhaps there's an explanation.

What happened?
What did I do rightly?

Other times the marks returned on other parts, what did I do wrongly?

Why do these marks appear anyway?

Telling me I must have scratched myself won't cut it. I have very short fingernails and sometimes these these appear in weird and unscratchable places.

Now about natural and super natural.

We are humans and I believe our realities differ. What is super natural and abnormal to me might as well be natural and normal to you.

If a man gives birth or carries a foetus, or a woman gives birth through her Amy's instead of her Vagiina, it is super natural, it is abnormal.

Now because we have never experienced any of these does not mean we should dismiss the possibility either now or in the nearest future.

Things happen, I hear weird stories. Most of the time, I doubt them. But when I remember what happened to me, I tell myself "Oh well, it might be true, it mightn't be true."

1 Like

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by assfreaky(m): 8:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
mizmycoli the storyteller cry. Oya, pinshures of the mark or...u know the drill na.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MizMyColi(f): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
Busayorafael:

Good Evening, MizMyColi.

I notice no one has asked this question since the beginning of this thread. Have you gone for a medical check-up? It could be something.

Lol
Noo
It's not joor.

If anything, it's more spiritual than medical.

This is more reason I maintain that life works for you based on what your reality is.

These marks were so recurrent at a time when I believed in the efficacy of witches and wizards, this happened at a time when I unknowingly exalted evil powers above God's light and love. This happened at a time when I was an expert caster and binder of demons and juju. I was really conscious of these things at the time. Today I have risen above.

But here's the catch
Since I stopped giving Satan attention.
Since I became immersed in the knowing that I am Light and Love and that I have the power to choose goodness and joy always....

No more bad dreams or marks or whatever.
Nowadays, if I even have a bad occurrence or stuff, I tend to smile or just believe that things can only get better. I am more imbued with a spirit of gratitude whatever the situation, and I'm better for it.

My point is that except I am operating o very low energy/frequency...I am not scared of nothing anymore.
I see good and light in all things, even the seemingly bad ones and I'm assured that whatever the case may be I am assured that it'll all end in praise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MizMyColi(f): 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
dblackninja:

Oh I see. People may ask of evidence because you are both the claimant, witness and observer to this account.
Your narration is only what we have over here.

What sort of would is that? (Nail wound, witchcraft wound grin knife wound, small cut, deep cut, stretch mark etc..) You left us with nothing.. just a wound.
You can tell us now. Describe it better since you don't have an evidence of it...then let's see if we can have an explanation for it.

I have no idea what kind of wound it was. I have no idea how it got there.

I woke up and saw it.

2 Likes

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by dblackninja: 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
MizMyColi:

I have no idea what kind of wound it was. I have no idea how it got there.

I woke up and saw it.

Oh no evidence, no description, only a void narration...and you opened a thread for us to give an explanation undecided Seems to me that what you are after is an explanation of how a wound is healed. I can indulge you with the biology and ways to heal your wound faster in case of another witch attack time..
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MissSlimbody(f): 11:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
I can't explain what happened, but I remember vividly that you shared thid story in 2014. I think Dechandel created the thread.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by Chuksemi(m): 1:16am On Jul 06, 2016
MizMyColi:
To the person who is asking for evidence, sorry. I have none to show you.
Your statement is a tad insensitive of you ask me. So you really expect that a human who woke up with a long wound on her hand which she never expected would disappear will get a camera phone to snap her arm, to prove what exactly?

The people I called that day and informed what happened to my hand is enough evidence, if you cannot come up with an explanation, pass please.

Evidence ko
Evidentialism ni.

Even in a court of law, people are sentenced based on testimonies from witnesses inter Alia.

If you are insinuating that I might have come up with these stories to hold brief for a God that I sometimes find hard to believe exists in the way we humans think he does, then you really do need to re-evaluate.

My request still stands...
If you have an explanation, kindly proffer so we can review together.

Please, when this happened, did you perchance visit the hospital to find out what happened? Reaction to Allergies don't only come in form of swollen body parts.

Since you said there was a blood clot. It is still possible you slept in a wrong position, pressurized that part of your arm, hence the long mark and blood clot. Which would of course disappear after the pressure has been relieved.

I don't think anything physical has changed since you stopped being overly religious. It's all about perception. What happened then, still happens now. Just that you've reduced the importance attached to otherwise minor occurrences.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by 4everGod1: 7:31am On Jul 06, 2016
Chuksemi:

Please, when this happened, did you perchance visit the hospital to find out what happened? Reaction to Allergies don't only come in form of swollen body parts.

Since you said there was a blood clot. It is still possible you slept in a wrong position, pressurized that part of your arm, hence the long mark and blood clot. Which would of course disappear after the pressure has been relieved.

I don't think anything physical has changed since you stopped being overly religious. It's all about perception. What happened then, still happens now. Just that you've reduced the importance attached to otherwise minor occurrences.

If the OP slept in a wrong position don't you think she would know and not you assuming she did from where you are seated.

She did not say she had a swelling she said she had a mark with blood on it which depicts a cut or a fresh scar that bled a bit and then the blood dried on it. Stop with your imaginary explanations. She knows what she saw and experienced and has stated it here.

Your explanation is a mere mental fabrication.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by 4everGod1: 7:59am On Jul 06, 2016
Mizmycoli have you managed to read the link?
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MizMyColi(f): 7:59am On Jul 06, 2016
MissSlimbody:
I can't explain what happened, but I remember vividly that you shared thid story in 2014. I think Dechandel created the thread.

Naaa
I think it was either Cococandy or FreeCocoa.

I will try to go through their topics to see if I can locate and then compare my story then and now.

Wait.
I think I told her to edit one part out.

Brb, let me dig first.

I want to see if there's anything I added or removed from this account I just shared.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 06, 2016
MizMyColi:
I used to conduct midnight prayers among a group of brethren. So one midnight, I woke up to notice this looong mark on my Left arm. Immediately I concluded it was an attack and brought it to the attention of the brethren. We casted and binded. I was worried and scared.

Then at some point, I decided to remove my mind from the scar on my arm.
I wholeheartedly joined in singing praises to God.
After the session was over, I remembered I had something on my arm that caused me to worry.

Lo, Behold, It wasn't there anymore.
I announced it to my brethren and we thanked God for the miracle.

Please note that this didn't mark the last time I saw such mark during my sojourn as a Christian, but never again on my left arm, and never as obvious.

Nowadays, No More.
one question I want to ask you is did you apply anything to the arm or take some medications because I also had a mark on my face one day when I woke up my mum thought it was an attack but my big brother said I was stung by am insect after days without prayers it went on its own I did not even take any medication and I do not believe in God or the supernatural
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by dblackninja: 8:19am On Jul 06, 2016
4everGod1:

If the OP slept in a wrong position don't you think she would know and not you assuming she did from where you are seated.

She did not say she had a swelling she said she had a mark with blood on it which depicts a cut or a fresh scar that bled a bit and then the blood dried on it. Stop with your imaginary explanations. She knows what she saw and experienced and has stated it here.

Are you now the op..or did you witness it with her to corroborate her story and provide us with a maybe description of the type of wound she got undecided That's how you guys go about creating threads calling us out with no tangible substance in them..I tireooo!
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by 4everGod1: 8:22am On Jul 06, 2016
stephenmorris:
one question I want to ask you is did you apply anything to the arm or take some medications because I also had a mark on my face one day when I woke up my mum thought it was an attack but my big brother said I was stung by am insect after days without prayers it went on its own I did not even take any medication and I do not believe in God or the supernatural

If she applied any cream or took any medication I think she would have said so. Plus her shock isnt that the scar cleard up but it is thaf it cleared up coincidentally when she was praising God and it took just 3hours or so to clear up completely without leaving any trace.

Yours took days...hers took 3 hours and left no mark to show that there was even a scare there to begin with.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by 4everGod1: 8:23am On Jul 06, 2016
dblackninja:

Are you now the op..or did you witness it with her to corroborate her story and provide us with a maybe description of the type of wound she got undecided That's how you guys go about creating threads calling us out with no tangible substance in them..I tireooo!

Read her story and description again. Let me even hell you with a screen shot of her own words.

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 06, 2016
MizMyColi:
I used to conduct midnight prayers among a group of brethren. So one midnight, I woke up to notice this looong mark on my Left arm. Immediately I concluded it was an attack and brought it to the attention of the brethren. We casted and binded. I was worried and scared.

Then at some point, I decided to remove my mind from the scar on my arm.
I wholeheartedly joined in singing praises to God.
After the session was over, I remembered I had something on my arm that caused me to worry.

Lo, Behold, It wasn't there anymore.
I announced it to my brethren and we thanked God for the miracle.

Please note that this didn't mark the last time I saw such mark during my sojourn as a Christian, but never again on my left arm, and never as obvious.

Nowadays, No More.
this links should be helpful to you
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-I-wake-up-with-mysterious-scratches-in-my-body
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MizMyColi(f): 8:31am On Jul 06, 2016
grin
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by dblackninja: 8:33am On Jul 06, 2016
4everGod1:

Read her story and description again.

What description spokesman? Even the op did not know the type of wound she had when I questioned her (can't even describe it--whether it's black and has horns, the only thing she knows is that she has a wound). That tells volume of this thread.
Anyway my time has already been wasted, can't waste it anymore over here.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by 4everGod1: 8:40am On Jul 06, 2016
dblackninja:

What description spokesman? Even the op did not know the type of wound she had when I questioned her (can't even describe it--whether it's black and has horns, the only thing she knows is that she has a wound). That tells volume of this thread.
Anyway my time has already been wasted, can't waste it anymore over here.

Even if she did not know the kind of wound it was she gave a description and the same description I gave to you.

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MizMyColi(f): 8:49am On Jul 06, 2016
stephenmorris:
this links should be helpful to you
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-I-wake-up-with-mysterious-scratches-in-my-body

I have seen that answer before now.
It states that it usually disappears witching 2-3 days which is very true based on previous experiences.

But how come this one disappeared in less than 3 hours?
Besides, some are usually painful.

And I noticed that the person who gave that answer used lots of "probably"

Okay let's say they are correct.
I agree it might be medical.

But even they agree that such disappears in two three days.
This one, disappeared in a matter of 3 hours tops.

That's very abnormal for something that obvious.

1 Like

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by Chuksemi(m): 8:51am On Jul 06, 2016
4everGod1:

Ok. I get what you are saying. As christian as I might be, I wouldn't advocate for attribution of wounds to the paranormal. I would rather suggest it is investigated. This is how things are discovered. Imagine if we were still attributing epilepsy or liver disease to God. We wouldn't know the cause or solution.

However. I get your points. I can only suggest possible causes. Since I wasn't there.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by Chuksemi(m): 8:57am On Jul 06, 2016
MizMyColi:

@Chuksemi Dear

Good morning.

Thank you. Good Morning Ma. I have never experienced what you just explained. But, I know women who are pregnant have unusual cravings. I can't as well say if pregnancy affects one's sense of smell. I would research this and get back to you by the end of today. I do not want to jump to conclusions yet.

Modified.

1 Like

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by dblackninja: 9:00am On Jul 06, 2016
4everGod1:

Even if she did not know the kind of wound it was she gave a description and the same description I gave to you.

I believe we all know when a black covering begins to appear on a wound. Would have loved to engage you but you weren't the op (who wants an explanation of what she doesn't understand yet couldn't provide evidence of or at least a vivid description---not your own version of...a cut/scratch, fresh/old scar..whatever) so shalom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Religion Is A Propaganda Tool / Some People Believe in Evil Spirits Yet Don't Believe in God / "Is Allah Like You?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.