Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? (884 Views)

Bathsheba's Harmless Bath. / Is This Juju Or Mere Coincidence. Pls Explain Ur Experience / Daddy Freeze: "First Fruit Is Not An Act Of Faith, It's An Act Of Fraud" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? by teemy(m): 7:06am On Nov 26, 2017
We know that people mentioned in the bible are regular everyday people and open to human flaws. One thing about king David's visualizing Bathsheba taking her bath during the day piques me as an intended event by Bathsheba herself.

1. The king's palace would of course be the tallest within the vicinity and anyone standing atop there would certainly see the lower houses.
2. If not David, the guards posted there would certainly have seen her bathing there.
3. Either the guards told David or inner connections informed her of David's rooftop presence that day and with her hubby at the battle front for a long time, who knows if she was indeed feeling 'hot'.

Whatever it just might have been, I do believe their meeting there was more than an act of luck. What do you believe, coincidence or intentional?
Re: Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? by chrisbaxtian(m): 9:06am On Nov 26, 2017
teemy:
We know that people mentioned in the bible are regular everyday people and open to human flaws. One thing about king David's visualizing Bathsheba taking her bath during the day piques me as an intended event by Bathsheba herself.

1. The king's palace would of course be the tallest within the vicinity and anyone standing atop there would certainly see the lower houses.
2. If not David, the guards posted there would certainly have seen her bathing there.
3. Either the guards told David or inner connections informed her of David's rooftop presence that day and with her hubby at the battle front for a long time, who knows if she was indeed feeling 'hot'.

Whatever it just might have been, I do believe their meeting there was more than an act of luck. What do you believe, coincidence or intentional?

it was a deliberate act of seduction! she did not resist the king's advances and was very manipulative in the ensuing events (she did not hesitate to marry him after the demise of her husband). She had obviously observed his routine carefully and came out that particular evening to bathe and get his attention. Her timing was perfect and she achieved her goal! Too bad David fell for it, he had many beautiful wives. I wonder why na another man own you dey look.

5 Likes

Re: Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? by teemy(m): 9:14am On Nov 26, 2017
chrisbaxtian:

it was a deliberate act of seduction! she did not resist the king's advances and was very manipulative in the ensuing events (she did not hesitate to marry him after the demise of her husband). She had obviously observed his routine carefully and came out that particular evening to bathe and get his attention. Her timing was perfect and she achieved her goal! Too bad David fell for it, he had many beautiful wives. I wonder why na another man own you dey look.

True talk

Every man has a Delilah, it is better to know who she is before she starts shaving your hair! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? by chrisbaxtian(m): 9:51am On Nov 26, 2017
teemy:

True talk

Every man has a Delilah, it is better to know who she is before she starts shaving your hair! grin

grin grin grin words on marble bro! true words on marble grin

3 Likes

Re: Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? by judedwriter(m): 9:52am On Nov 26, 2017
teemy:

Bathsheba reminds me of the myriads of women out there who wear tight fitting and suggestive clothes that expose the unclothedness of their sensitive bodies!
Now do you think these women dress like this not intentionally to attract men to lust after them? No! Women love attention, and that this why most men see women as pleasure toys!
David fell for Bathsheba the same way most married men fall for ladies who expose their bodies on the streets, on the internet and on magazines.
This is why Job said: " i have made a covenant with my eyes, that i may not look (lustfully) at a maid."
Re: Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? by nathanccr(m): 10:00am On Nov 26, 2017
I think it was intentional, women acting smart since Adamic days
Re: Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? by MuttleyLaff: 10:17am On Nov 26, 2017
judedwriter:
Bathsheba reminds me of the myriads of women out there who wear tight fitting and suggestive clothes that expose the unclothedness of their sensitive bodies!
Now do you think these women dress like this not intentionally to attract men to lust after them?
No! Women love attention, and that this why most men see women as pleasure toys!
I usually tell females, that when you go to an orange market do you buy the sliced open in halves & peeled ones or the unpeeled ones?

judedwriter:
David fell for Bathsheba the same way most married men fall for ladies who expose their bodies on the streets, on the internet and on magazines.
This is why Job said: " i have made a covenant with my eyes, that i may not look (lustfully) at a maid."
30When Jehu came to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it, and she painted her eyes and adorned her head and looked out the window.
31As Jehu entered the gate, she said,
“Is it well, Zimri, your master’s murderer?”
32Then he lifted up his face to the window and said,
“Who is on my side? Who?” And two or three officials looked down at him.
33He said,
“Throw her down.”
So they threw her down, and some of her blood was sprinkled on the wall and on the horses, and he trampled her under foot.

- 2 Kings 9:30-33

Jehu didnt fall for Jezebel's amusing behaviour
Not condoning any action or behaviour that involves taking the law on to your owns hands
but must be said that the end of Jezebels are usually bloody and never good

1 Like

Re: Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
I usually tell females, that when you go to an orange market do you buy the sliced open in halves & peeled ones or the unpeeled ones?

30When Jehu came to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it, and she painted her eyes and adorned her head and looked out the window.
31As Jehu entered the gate, she said,
“Is it well, Zimri, your master’s murderer?”
32Then he lifted up his face to the window and said,
“Who is on my side? Who?” And two or three officials looked down at him.
33He said,
“Throw her down.”
So they threw her down, and some of her blood was sprinkled on the wall and on the horses, and he trampled her under foot.

- 2 Kings 9:30-33

Jehu didnt fall for Jezebel's amusing behaviour
Not condoning any action or behaviour that involves taking the law on to your owns hands
but must be said that the end of Jezebels are usually bloody and never good

Much harder to resist a woman in a bathrobe than one with full war-paint, just saying.

2 Likes

Re: Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? by MuttleyLaff: 10:30am On Nov 26, 2017
Sarassin:
Much harder to resist a woman in a bathrobe than one with full war-paint, just saying.
You mean nothing in the loins will stir grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You mean nothing in the loins will stir grin grin
Evidently not for King Jehu grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? by MuttleyLaff: 10:49am On Nov 26, 2017
Sarassin:
Evidently not for King Jehu grin grin
Mayne of sound judgment.
King Jehu got better taste, good sense of judgement and was well restrained
A mayne on a mission, who cant afford or tolerate distraction(s)
Re: Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? by chrisbaxtian(m): 11:02am On Nov 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Mayne of sound judgment.
King Jehu got better taste, good sense of judgement and was well restrained
A mayne on a mission, who cant afford or tolerate distraction(s)

Jehu was conducting a bloody coup! there's no time for such endeavour when you want to seize the Throne!

3 Likes

Re: Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? by MuttleyLaff: 11:17am On Nov 26, 2017
chrisbaxtian:
Jehu was conducting a bloody coup!
there's no time for such endeavour when you want to seize the Throne!
Contrast this with Zimbabwe
Must be said that Jehu didnt decide by his own discretion to execute the coup or seize the throne

(1) (Reply)

Not Paying Your Tithe As A Christian? I Really Pity You. / Na Wa. Ogun Native Doctor Poses With Dollars, Claims He Can Make Anyone Rich / Cultists Kneel In Surrender To Jesus At Christ Embassy Abakaliki Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.