Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal (28393 Views)

Ycee Parts Way With Sony Music Africa / Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) / Tekno Signs Record Deal With Sony Music World [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by Kunberg: 11:38am On Jul 06, 2016
Who you epp
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by leahcimzil: 11:40am On Jul 06, 2016
McJane:

ure really smart! what I was to say wink
i'm smart too, and i like your dp. whatsup?
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by leahcimzil: 11:43am On Jul 06, 2016
Truth is...Davido will never reach where wizzy is. Because he has no talent 1 and no attitude 2. Stupid Autotune Mofo!
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by omojeesu(m): 11:49am On Jul 06, 2016
Let him just be careful with Sony o!
Michael Jackson did it and ..
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by musicwriter(m): 11:55am On Jul 06, 2016
The deal makes the `Skelewu’ crooner the first African to enter into such deal with the international label.

This's not true!.

Lucky Dube released some albums via sony music entertainment worldwide. If you have the original ''House of Exile'' CD check it. It was released by sony music entertainment and I'm sure he wouldn't be the first.

Real talent.
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by Rick9(m): 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2016
That's because they have more serious Artistes to take care of
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by Twaci(f): 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2016
ayusco85:

Ur signature..... D orgasm part.... U must be a selfish lover..
A min silence for Ur boyfriend since u don't care abt his own orgasm grin
grin grin
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by smartograpy(m): 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
Exactly you got it bro the guy is foolish and arrogant
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by Emenandez4lyf(m): 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2016
So Babanla breakthrough dey pain am.

Oga OBO, u can't force their influence on urself.

What is destined 4 u will surely come 2 pass.

Am confused, who am i going 2 vote 4 via MR.NAIRALAND but i wanna ask, IS THIS A NEW CHANGE IN THE MAKING ??
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
orijintv:
Next Track Wey Davido Go Drop, We Go Hear Lyrics Lik " SONY Music na maj pikin , All there Earnings in a Year no reach wetin i dy make in a week . .

Wack Artiste angry
funi
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by heistlord: 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2016
dihalao:
Why won't he want to terminate if... when wizkid is all over the place without the help of any record company... only you can promote you the way you want.
[color=#006600][/color] "only you can promote you the way you want"... WORD!
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by Dainikel(m): 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
Twaci:
I dunno, my respect for Davido kinda dropped after that "Dele na my boy" line.

I see him as a little boy who throws tantrums whenever he needs attention. undecided
Same here, that line was totally outta sense

1 Like

Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by Deepfreezer(m): 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
Nigga you can't have it all, Rich & influential Dad, big family, born with silver spoon. At the end of the day fact is, the God that uplifts the poor is not done with Wizkid yet.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
who told him is garbage type of music would be accepted in the US. lol. Even wizkid was only allowed to hum some inaudible words in drake's one dance.
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
musicwriter:
The deal makes the `Skelewu’ crooner the first African to enter into such deal with the international label.

This's not true!.

Lucky Dube released some albums via sony music entertainment worldwide. If you have the original ''House of Exile'' CD check it. It was released by sony music entertainment and I'm sure he wouldn't be the first.

Real talent.
angelique kidjo was with columbia records and polygram. real talents.
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by mekuso89(m): 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2016
Faba:
Report has it that DMW Boss, Davido might terminate his Deal with Sony Music anytime soon, according to close source.
The source added that Davido is furious with Sony Music, they are not only delaying his album release but also, he feels like they are not doing much to help him migrate to the American music scene since the #FaderCover he emerged few months ago.
The entertainment blog “Taletv” confirmed this by putting up a photo of davido with the caption that reads:-

“#Davido is furious with #SonyMusic: According to his PR, they are not only delaying his album release but also, he feels like they are not doing much to help him migrate to the American music scene since the #FaderCover he emerged few months ago.. He’s threatening to leave if he doesn’t see results by the end of the year :evil::evil: #taletv”

After which Davido posted a screenshot of Tale’s Tv Post on his page, which he later deleted the post few minutes after.
Meanwhile, it should be recall that Davido signed a record deal with Sony Music Entertainment at its headquarters in New York City early this year. The deal makes the `Skelewu’ crooner the first African to enter into such deal with the international label.

http://www.wetinhappen.com.ng/breaking-news-davido-is-angry-with-sony-music-threatens-to-terminate-deal-see-why/
they only want him to sell off completely that's why they are frustrating him
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by Highbruno: 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
He is anxious 2 b in d American music scene cus Wizbaba is makin waves...hmmm I smell jealousy in d air.
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by Charlesberry(m): 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
He should learn from Michael jackson mistakes
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by redcliff: 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2016
osesology:
He should just calm down. He shouldn't be making hasty and juvenile decisions yet. Those guys can help promote his image internationally if only he would have a little patience...dat guy body too dey hot!

To be honest davidos music is not worldclass material...
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by x6blade(m): 6:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
tylerbraid:
Yes, he is wealthier than Wizkid but he still wanna be Wizkid...
lool why do people still think davido is richer than wizkid tho ? Se Na because of 1 million dollar deal ?, I wish people know how much wizkid got/still getting from that "one dance" you'd be amazed at the royalties
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by x6blade(m): 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
princey83:
who told him is garbage type of music would be accepted in the US. lol.
Even wizkid was only allowed to hum some inaudible words in drake's one dance.
well check his international collaborations again smiley
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by sixtus3606(m): 7:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
Airforce1:
someone is jealous wizkid is making a "headway" more than himself and Sony music crew put together.
Well....you said so!
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by sixtus3606(m): 7:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
Gbam!! angry

Meanwhile..... Check my signature
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by kenoz(m): 7:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
like I care
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by Fawklicant: 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
Airforce1:
someone is jealous wizkid is making a "headway" more than himself and Sony music crew put together.
'
Airforce1,
You need to start seeing the big picture. Hating on others won't get you anywhere. I've followed your comments a few times and I must say that it is unbecomming of a budding artist. These artists use NL so also do their agents. You don't know where your sign--on could come from. That said, you do not seem to know how the music business works and you want to be in it.

You do not delay an artist's shine, it is like surfers' wave. You ride it while the tide is high. Davido doesn't want another D'banj-Goodmusic saga amd he is just being smart about it. His methodology thoughh could be improved. These Labels snatch budding talents and freeze those talents by way of delays. They wont release any single, nor would they drop any album. Have you seen Davido stay this long without at least a serious collabo? These labels have a retinue pf artists/.deals to focus on and a budding African artist who is yet to make a major mark in western markets may not be top on their priority. If not for selfishness and shortsightedness, our labels could do better.
A comsortium of labels could be formed to help market and manage our artists so that when these foreign labels come, they meet an organised structure and negotiate with the consortium. Anyways, that topic is too big for me to expand on this thread. This post is to address your folly and shortsightedness.

Davido needs to thread carefully on this one. D'banj's case should always serve as a reference point for young artists. Sony--BMG is more like the biggest label and exposure to their market is a cemented retirement plan.
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by Fawklicant: 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
Twaci:

I see him as a little boy who throws tantrums whenever he needs attention. undecided

Naivety at best! That line helped him sell that single. He would be laughing over a bottle of vintage champaigne with uncle Dele and you wouldnt know better.
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by 400billionman: 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2016
That his post could cost him the deal.

He is dealing with a corporate body.
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by MrImole: 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
Twaci:

Hi madam nurse, who's dele?
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by akigbemaru: 12:13am On Jul 07, 2016
DAVIDO
Re: Davido Is Angry With Sony Music, Threatens To Terminate Deal by mecksoncrown: 12:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
Airforce1:
Exactly what i was thinking before stumbling on your comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Bambam's 29th Birthday Bash In Abuja / How Davido Violated NYSC Bye-laws, Travelled To 7 Countries / Tiwa Savage Attends The 'New York Fashion Week' In Style (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.