Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,116 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA (16001 Views)

FG Reconstructs CHIBOK Sec School With N1.05billion!! / Isaac Fayose With His Son, Oyinbo Wife & His Mother, Victoria Olufunke Oluwayose / Ngwa Patriots Reconstructs Road In Aba,An Hausa Man Reacts To It(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by XX01(f): 8:25am On Jul 06, 2016
Femich18:

Ambode is trying though but he need to focus more on Igando, Egbeda, ikotun, Iba and Okokomaiko axis...

Why? How many of them pay tax? And how much is the revenue from them?
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by illuminaty(m): 8:28am On Jul 06, 2016
All the so called "development" Ambode is carry out stops just before mile 2.from mile2 down to okoko and environs,nothing to write home about
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by Femich18(m): 8:30am On Jul 06, 2016
XX01:

Are you LIRS staff for you to know that they don't pay tax? Most of them pay if dts what you wanna hear....and even if they don't pay they should be sideline right? Development should be thorough and not one-phased
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by flokii: 8:32am On Jul 06, 2016
They should work on drainage, not just road repair
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by illuminaty(m): 8:33am On Jul 06, 2016
XX01:

...this your kind of statement is the reason why NDA are doing what they are doing...so those places mentioned are not part of lagos abi?or they have suddenly turned into the "5percent " people? Pls,go and make your findings well before posting baseless argument
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by Orikinla(m): 8:37am On Jul 06, 2016
[size=20pt]Begins?
The reconstruction started in 2015 before former Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola handed over to the new Governor Akinwunmi Ambode.[/size]

Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by harrysjones(m): 8:42am On Jul 06, 2016
APC ARE WORKING.. .. pdp can u see. Lagos State Government Begins Reconstruction of Isaac John Street, GRA Ikeja. wink wink
wink
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by harrysjones(m): 8:42am On Jul 06, 2016
apc are working..
Orikinla:
[size=20pt]Begins?
The reconstruction started in 2015 before former Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola handed over to the new Governor Akinwunmi Ambode.[/size]
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by mrofficial(m): 8:47am On Jul 06, 2016
Good. They should also remember to install street lights on that road. It's too important to be left out in the light up Lagos project.
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by Austincrow(m): 8:54am On Jul 06, 2016
Ambo leekan si
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by obaino860: 8:57am On Jul 06, 2016
babadee1:

How many governors in Nigeria are doing their job? Who is your governor sef?

Ekiti man,is ambode your governor?
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by obaino860: 9:00am On Jul 06, 2016
seyiojomu:
I can see Jevnik

Have you note seen jevnik before? DAT is y KFC is like a big think to brown roof residence
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by ventilation: 9:30am On Jul 06, 2016
Some roads get "reconstructed" every time eg ikorodu road $ some don't ever get constructed , flash your light towards Alimosho LG, thats where the bulk of APC votes come from.
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by XX01(f): 9:35am On Jul 06, 2016
Femich18:

Are you LIRS staff for you to know that they don't pay tax? Most of them pay if dts what you wanna hear....and even if they don't pay they should be sideline right? Development should be thorough and not one-phased

Why should government use the revenue from tax paying people to develop areas that refuse to pay tax? The cost of running after these people to pay even if it's minimum tax is ridiculously high.

I would make it easier for those paying the highest to make more money so that they can pay me more. It's from the excess that I would service the others as part of my social responsibility.
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by babadee1(m): 9:35am On Jul 06, 2016
obaino860:

Ekiti man,is ambode your governor?

Yes Ambode is my governor. My mother's family is old Lagos and I have lived here all my life.
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by Femich18(m): 9:38am On Jul 06, 2016
XX01:

Why should government use the revenue from tax paying people to develop areas that refuse to pay tax? The cost of running after these people to pay even if it's minimum tax is ridiculously high.

I would make it easier for those paying the highest to make more money so that they can pay me more. It's from the excess that I would service the others as part of my social responsibility.
Why jumping to conclusion.. These people pay tax...stop saying what you have got no prove of...
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by seighapaul(m): 9:55am On Jul 06, 2016
Femich18:
That road at Ikeja GRA is in a mess but its gonna be in a good state soon. I even heard the workers are working day and night just to ensure the road is completed in no distant time...
Ambode is trying though but he need to focus more on Igando, Egbeda, ikotun, Iba and Okokomaiko axis...

[b]You just made the most reasonable, realistic and unbiased reply to this topic. Its no doubt that His Excellency, Gov. Ambode is the most active resource driven governor in Nigeria. Though most of his early successes are hinged on the achievement of his predecessor. Many are in a view that he and his predecessor developmental projects are one-sided and located mainly in the island and just some part of the more developed mainland. While the state government directly or indirectly influence developmental projects on these privileged parts of the state, the local governments (with limited financial and moral support) are left to handle the enormous task of supporting and developing the remaining abandoned and unavailable social amenities of the outer skirt and bordering communities of Lagos.

Those residing in these affect areas (e.g. Ojo LGA, Egbeda, Igando - Iyana Oba, Okokomaiko - Agbara, Alaba Int'l Mkt - Shibiri axis, etc) will attest to the fact that apart from the single main connecting roads, over 70% of developmental projects are privately driven. But yet multiple taxes and levels are collected monthly and annually by state and local government agencies.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by ayguru: 9:58am On Jul 06, 2016
twentyk:
Omo make one good Samaritan send 500 to me now....I know it's hard But man gazz chop..... happy eid
and tommorow you will still ask for another 500 and on and on...
My guy go find work before hunger Kill You
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by Chucks234: 10:06am On Jul 06, 2016
harbdulrasaq88:
PHOTOS: Lagos State Government Begins Reconstruction of Isaac John Street, GRA Ikeja.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/07/photos-lagos-state-government-begins.html

Op stop spreading lies abeg. That road was under construction in 2015 before Fashola left office. I don't disagree with you that Ambo is doing his best but don't deceive lagosians with your inaccurate information especially those that have never commuted on that road.
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by XX01(f): 10:14am On Jul 06, 2016
Femich18:

Why jumping to conclusion.. These people pay tax...stop saying what you have got no prove of...

How do you know I have no proof? Never said they didn't pay tax, I asked how many and how much?
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by seyiojomu(m): 10:34am On Jul 06, 2016
obaino860:

Your point is? Dude, I work on dat street and I frequent Jevnik as my kitchen...

Speak good English next time you want to mention 'at' me, its 'not' not 'note'...its 'thing' not 'think'

Have you note seen jevnik before?
DAT is y KFC is like a big think to brown roof residence

1 Like

Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by Femich18(m): 10:45am On Jul 06, 2016
XX01:

How do you know I have no proof? Never said they didn't pay tax, I asked how many and how much?
I know because I have lot of proofs....Bye
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by Eleniyan15: 11:24am On Jul 06, 2016
Femich18:
That road at Ikeja GRA is in a mess but its gonna be in a good state soon. I even heard the workers are working day and night just to ensure the road is completed in no distant time...

GUY OKOKOMAIKO ESPECIALLY!!!!!!

THE ROAD NO DEY EVEN ALLOW ME STAY MY HOSTEL @TYMS

1 Like

Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by murmee: 12:31pm On Jul 06, 2016
McJane:
He is payed to do his job why all this media publicity?
What about past Governors (e.g. Alao-Akala) and a lot of present Governors that are doing next to nothing, are they not also paid to do their jobs? Let's appreciate and encourage the good ones for heaven's sake. It is to our own benefit at the end.
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by murmee: 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
adioolayi:
Lagosians....Do you have any AMBODE you are not using....we need am in OYO
Out of all the Governors in Oyo state, Governor Ajimobi stands out. Even a blind person will see his work in Oyo state. He would have continued at that pace if not for limited funds which is affecting the whole country. Do you want to compare his administration with that of Alao-Akala?

I am sure you are a civil servant and for your information, Oyo state does not belong to civil servants alone. So you cannot expect the Governor to use all the money accruing to Oyo State to pay the salaries of civil servants.
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by armadeo(m): 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
obaino860:

Have you note seen jevnik before?
DAT is y KFC is like a big think to brown roof residence

Dude prepare for the gbagaun corrections.
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by adioolayi(m): 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
murmee:
Out of all the Governors in Oyo state, Governor Ajimobi stands out. Even a blind person will see his work in Oyo state. He would have continued at that pace if not for limited funds which is affecting the whole country. Do you want to compare his administration with that of Alao-Akala?

I am sure you are a civil servant and for your information, Oyo state does not belong to civil servants alone. So you cannot expect the Governor to use all the money accruing to Oyo State to pay the salaries of civil servants.

I'm not a Civil servant.. you can check my posts during buildup to 2015 general elections.... I remained one of the most active supporter of Ajimobi's second term...and he won!
I was not only an online promoter...I ensured Ward 10 Unit 10 Ibadan Southwest voted massively for him... despite the heavy presence of Labour party thugs.

The truth is lot of thing is not just right at the moment.... I'm not even against him over his inability to pay workers salary....But why remove the Big Trash Cart from the road where majority put their diets Neatness of Ibadan was one of the major reason elites voted for him...but now, gradually Ibadan is going back to dirty state.

His high handedness is making it difficult to resolve the issues with the teachers... A first term Ajimobi I know won't let that issue degenerate to the point that students will spend weeks at home...That's not just highly intelligent Ajimobi I voted for

#BringBackRealAjimobi
Re: Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA by EhlWITTEE: 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2016
Business Insights

For a good business person, bad economy equals good business.
The economy has been bad for over 10 years but there are still so many people becoming billionaires almost overnight and some former millionaires are now millionaires

Here are the tricks http:///29hzUGt

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Promises To Generate 6,000 Megawatts By Dec 2016 / FFK: "Buhari, Cabinet Behaving Like Pimps, Mafia Dons & Cult Members" / 59 Victims Of Herdsmen Attack In Benue For mass Burial on Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.