Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 (5463 Views)

13 Things You Must Know Before You Marry An Ijebu Girl / Some Facts U Never Know About Ekiti / 13 Things Every Nigerian Has Done But Will Never Admit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by shorxynla(m): 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
Ekiti state is richly blessed and no doubt about that. The following are the 13 things you dont know about Ekiti state.

1. Ekiti was carved out of the territory of old ondo state.
2. Ekiti derived her name through hills.
3. Ekiti has her origin from Ile Ife.
4. Ekiti Was declared a state on October 1, 1996.
5. Ekiti state consist of 16 local government Areas.
6. Ekiti State constitutes one of the largest Yoruba sub-group in Nigeria with the 2006 population census by NPC giving a figure of 2,384,212.
7. The main staple food of the Ekiti people is pounded yam with Isapa soup or vegetable soup.
8. Ekiti state is said to have produced the highest number of professors In Nigeria.
9. Ekiti State has varieties of tourist attractions such as Ikogosi Warm Water Spring, Ipole-Iloro Water Falls, Olosunta Hill in Ikere, Fajuyi Memorial Park Ado Ekiti and so on.
10. Ekiti land is naturally endowed with numerous natural resources such as Granite, kaolin, Colmbite, Channocke, Iron Ore, Baryte, Aquamine, Gemstone, Phosphate, Limestone, Gold and many more.
11. Ekiti land is buoyant in agricultural resources with cocoa as its leading cash crop.
12. Ekiti land is blessed with water resources, some of its major rivers are Ero, Osun, Ose and Obese.
13. Ekiti land is also known for its forest resources, notably Timber.

Source: http://ekiti247.com/13-things-you-dont-know-about-ekiti-state-48879/#sthash.i7ChulNM.dpbs

Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by janefarms2015: 9:04am On Jul 07, 2016
And they are..........to elect fayose as their governor
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by macof(m): 12:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
janefarms2015:
And they are..........to elect fayose as their governor

another .....

you can call fayemi to be governor of your state. ..let him run ur state like he ran ekiti
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by janefarms2015: 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2016
@ macof or what do u call urself, In as much as I pity your ignorance and or stupidity, I will not be childish to respond to ur abusive words, I sense you are another kid on nairaland who deserves to be banned for insulting me for no just reason
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by macof(m): 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
janefarms2015:
@ macof or what do u call urself, In as much as I pity your ignorance and or stupidity, I will not be childish to respond to ur abusive words, I sense you are another kid on nairaland who deserves to be banned for insulting me for no just reason

really idiotic I tell you.

after throwing a jab at Ekiti people you are here acting as if you were raped grin

why did you have to contradict yourself like this? @ emboldened
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by shorxynla(m): 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
Easy oooo!
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by janefarms2015: 6:35am On Jul 08, 2016
macof:

really idiotic I tell you.

after throwing a jab at Ekiti people you are here acting as if you were raped grin

why did you have to contradict yourself like this? @ emboldened

Silence is golden, I hv no time to exchange abusive words with thugs, continue wailling
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by macof(m): 8:28am On Jul 08, 2016
janefarms2015:

Silence is golden, I hv no time to exchange abusive words with thugs, continue wailling

oh now you choose silence? after Taking time to mention me before...another idiotic move

Lmao me thug? I see
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by janefarms2015: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
macof:

oh now you choose silence? after Taking time to mention me before...another idiotic move

Lmao me thug? I see

Macof, how u dey? I no dey fight u oooo, but pls dont insult anybody bcs of politics, most of these people are deceiving us, lets pray for our progress my brother, I hate partisan politics
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by macof(m): 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
janefarms2015:

Macof, how u dey? I no dey fight u oooo, but pls dont insult anybody bcs of politics, most of these people are deceiving us, lets pray for our progress my brother, I hate partisan politics

lmao grin im doing great!

I see, but you shouldn't have thrown a jab at Ekiti people for making their choice
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by janefarms2015: 11:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
macof:

lmao grin im doing great!

I see, but you shouldn't have thrown a jab at Ekiti people for making their choice

My brother, I hail you jare, its well! Say hi to ur family, our country wl be great again, lets all put hands on deck to tackle corruption from all parties, Apc, Pdp and d rest, so an average Nigerian will be proud nd feel secured!
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by shorxynla(m): 3:57pm On Jul 09, 2016
seun
lalasticlala

Abeg give Ekiti people a shout out na
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by shorxynla(m): 7:10am On Jul 14, 2016
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by onuwaje(m): 11:16am On Jul 17, 2016
i have been serving in ekiti state since october 2015. believe me its a one town state (nt a city)
as a resident of ado ekiti over d last couple of months
the state is relatively poor. u still find mud houses in d state capital (odo- ado, oke-ila, new iyin rd).

the state is so back ward that virtually everything needed here is found in a town called ado-ekiti..
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by macof(m): 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2016
onuwaje:
i have been serving in ekiti state since october 2015. believe me its a one town state (nt a city)
as a resident of ado ekiti over d last couple of months
the state is relatively poor. u still find mud houses in d state capital (odo- ado, oke-ila, new iyin rd).

the state is so back ward that virtually everything needed here is found in a town called ado-ekiti..

you are right about the lack of infrastructure in Ekiti but what's wrong with mud houses? those are very comfortable structures you know

1 Like

Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by onuwaje(m): 10:32pm On Jul 17, 2016
macof:

you are right about the lack of infrastructure in Ekiti but what's wrong with mud houses? those are very comfortable structures you know
im nt saying its wrong but for d centre of power in a state where mud houses liter every where its BAD
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by macof(m): 5:20am On Jul 18, 2016
onuwaje:

im nt saying its wrong but for d centre of power in a state where mud houses liter every where its BAD

lmao. mud houses don't liter everywhere in Ado
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by onuwaje(m): 10:33am On Jul 18, 2016
macof:

lmao. mud houses don't liter everywhere in Ado
Basiri Odo-Ado Iworoko axis
lets nt talk about ikere emure ise/orun where mud houses litre d road side like gala sellers
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by shorxynla(m): 3:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
hmm
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by macof(m): 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2016
onuwaje:

Basiri
Odo-Ado
Iworoko axis

lets nt talk about
ikere
emure
ise/orun
where mud houses litre d road
gala sellers
grin grin grin use English words that you understand bro stop contradicting urself... You sef know dat Mud houses are rare in Ado and don't "liter everywhere"

it's the capital we are talking about forget ikere. Even in Ijero there are mud brick houses along the road. you should have realized by now that the houses along the road are ancient. .. the new structures are found in the hinterland

I'm just curious to know what the problem is with using mud as a building material?

or not pulling down mud brick structures?
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by onuwaje(m): 11:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
macof:
grin grin grin use English words that you understand bro stop contradicting urself... You sef know dat Mud houses are rare in Ado and don't "liter everywhere"

it's the capital we are talking about forget ikere. Even in Ijero there are mud brick houses along the road. you should have realized by now that the houses along the road are ancient. .. the new structures are found in the hinterland

I'm just curious to know what the problem is with using mud as a building material?

or not pulling down mud brick structures?
bros anytym u come ado hola me
i will personally take u on a tour to areas where if u c houses u go apologise give me for arguing with me

when was d last tym u entered ado
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by macof(m): 8:11am On Jul 19, 2016
onuwaje:

bros anytym u come ado hola me
i will personally take u on a tour to areas where if u c houses u go apologise give me for arguing with me

when was d last tym u entered ado
grin ok, but that one will be a long time from now

February last year
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by onuwaje(m): 11:51am On Jul 19, 2016
macof:
grin ok, but that one will be a long time from now
February last year
and i guess u lodged in a hotel
Re: 13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 by macof(m): 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2016
onuwaje:
and i guess u lodged in a hotel
nah, my grandfather's house is in Ido. I just went to ado to do some stuffs

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Spend So Much On Funerals? / Nigeria Vs Ghana In All Spheres: ! / Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.