Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

13 Things You Must Know Before You Marry An Ijebu Girl - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 13 Things You Must Know Before You Marry An Ijebu Girl (1874 Views)

Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / Reasons Why You Should Marry An Igbo Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Things You Must Know Before You Marry An Ijebu Girl by creative11(m): 9:58am On Jun 07, 2017
Bisi Oludare

Trust me when I say there is nothing wrong with having a particular tribe in mind that you want to marry but you must be prepared for what you are likely to get from them.

Ijebu ladies are wonderful but you will have to be patient to enjoy them because just like any other tribe they have their own good and bad sides

Here are 13 things you must know before you marry an Ijebu girl

1. They Are Enlightened
Ijebu girls are very enlightened and they are exposed. Don’t mess with them thinking they don’t know anything.

2. They like Ikokore
Ikokore is the food of the Ijebu people and so you might be eating it morning, afternoon and night. The truth is you cannot do without eating ikokore in a week. So, if you want to enjoy your wife, you must like ikokore

3. You will attend plenty parties
Ijebu ladies naturally love parties; it is something in their blood that cannot be flushed out. Whether they are related to the person or not, once there is a party, they just have to attend. Be ready to either attend the party with her or allow her to freely go for as many parties as she wants to attend

3. Garri Ijebu is a must take
Everybody loves garri Ijebu and garri Ijebu is talked about by almost everybody. Ijebu girls are also so delighted to have their garri either soaked or eaten as swallow “eba”

4.Be prepared to buy many aso-ebi
You must be prepared to buy as many aso-ebi as possible because if there is one thing Ijebu lady cannot do without, it is aso-ebi. They must buy for every party

5. OJUDE-OBA is a must attend
It is better you get used to it or love things she loves because OJUDE-OBA is one event Ijebu people cannot do without. It is a yearly carnival-like event which means you must prepare for it with her every year because it is like her home town’s celebration so she needs your support

6. They spend wisely
This is one plus to Ijebu ladies, they know how to manage resources. They don’t spend extravagantly. They may not be considerate when it comes to buying aso-ebi, but for other things, be sure to have them help you save your money

7. Ijebu ladies can be stingy
You heard well, they can be stingy. Though here they will say they are just being prudent but there is a thin line between their prudence and stinginess. Have this in mind, the only place they spend is at parties.

8. They are business minded
Ijebu ladies are a good entrepreneur, they are so business minded. You can see this from the way they sell things ranging from their Kokoro to Coco and even sugarcane.

9. You are likely to enjoy pounded yam too
Though not as it will be with an Ijesha lady but Ijebu ladies too are likely to give you pounded yam because pounded yam is regarded as a food of the high and mighty

10. Prepare for an elaborate wedding
If you want to marry Ijebu lady, be ready for a big society wedding. In their case, there is nothing like I don’t want to shout about my wedding. Even, shouting is their way of life. Everybody must hear and you must have this in mind, this is the only thing that makes them to really spend.

11. They love Eba
Their love for this swallow is out of this world and it can be eaten at any time

12. Even if they have travelled out of the country for years, you cannot take away their Ijebu intonation from them

13. They have highly extended family connection
Be ready to accommodate extended families, not only their parents and siblings but the generation they don’t even know when they were born.

Also read: http://www.dailyfamily.ng/9-things-you-need-to-know-if-you-want-to-marry-an-ekiti-man/

Also read: http://www.dailyfamily.ng/11-serious-facts-must-know-marry-igbo-girl/

http://www.dailyfamily.ng/13-things-must-know-marry-ijebu-girl/
Re: 13 Things You Must Know Before You Marry An Ijebu Girl by blackylola(m): 10:33am On Jun 07, 2017
Ijebu and their ways
Re: 13 Things You Must Know Before You Marry An Ijebu Girl by Jamila05(f): 10:29am On Jun 08, 2017
Am not from ijebu but I love them with passion. Pls I need a man from ijebu
Re: 13 Things You Must Know Before You Marry An Ijebu Girl by OShepherd: 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2017
creative11:
Bisi Oludare

Trust me when I say there is nothing wrong with having a particular tribe in mind that you want to marry but you must be prepared for what you are likely to get from them.

Ijebu ladies are wonderful but you will have to be patient to enjoy them because just like any other tribe they have their own good and bad sides

Here are 13 things you must know before you marry an Ijebu girl

1. They Are Enlightened
Ijebu girls are very enlightened and they are exposed. Don’t mess with them thinking they don’t know anything.

2. They like Ikokore
Ikokore is the food of the Ijebu people and so you might be eating it morning, afternoon and night. The truth is you cannot do without eating ikokore in a week. So, if you want to enjoy your wife, you must like ikokore

3. You will attend plenty parties
Ijebu ladies naturally love parties; it is something in their blood that cannot be flushed out. Whether they are related to the person or not, once there is a party, they just have to attend. Be ready to either attend the party with her or allow her to freely go for as many parties as she wants to attend

3. Garri Ijebu is a must take
Everybody loves garri Ijebu and garri Ijebu is talked about by almost everybody. Ijebu girls are also so delighted to have their garri either soaked or eaten as swallow “eba”

4.Be prepared to buy many aso-ebi
You must be prepared to buy as many aso-ebi as possible because if there is one thing Ijebu lady cannot do without, it is aso-ebi. They must buy for every party

5. OJUDE-OBA is a must attend
It is better you get used to it or love things she loves because OJUDE-OBA is one event Ijebu people cannot do without. It is a yearly carnival-like event which means you must prepare for it with her every year because it is like her home town’s celebration so she needs your support

6. They spend wisely
This is one plus to Ijebu ladies, they know how to manage resources. They don’t spend extravagantly. They may not be considerate when it comes to buying aso-ebi, but for other things, be sure to have them help you save your money

7. Ijebu ladies can be stingy
You heard well, they can be stingy. Though here they will say they are just being prudent but there is a thin line between their prudence and stinginess. Have this in mind, the only place they spend is at parties.

8. They are business minded
Ijebu ladies are a good entrepreneur, they are so business minded. You can see this from the way they sell things ranging from their Kokoro to Coco and even sugarcane.

9. You are likely to enjoy pounded yam too
Though not as it will be with an Ijesha lady but Ijebu ladies too are likely to give you pounded yam because pounded yam is regarded as a food of the high and mighty

10. Prepare for an elaborate wedding
If you want to marry Ijebu lady, be ready for a big society wedding. In their case, there is nothing like I don’t want to shout about my wedding. Even, shouting is their way of life. Everybody must hear and you must have this in mind, this is the only thing that makes them to really spend.

11. They love Eba
Their love for this swallow is out of this world and it can be eaten at any time

12. Even if they have travelled out of the country for years, you cannot take away their Ijebu intonation from them

13. They have highly extended family connection
Be ready to accommodate extended families, not only their parents and siblings but the generation they don’t even know when they were born.

So in a nutshell, a reserved young man shouldn't bother himself about an Ijebu Lady shocked
Also read: http://www.dailyfamily.ng/9-things-you-need-to-know-if-you-want-to-marry-an-ekiti-man/

Also read: http://www.dailyfamily.ng/11-serious-facts-must-know-marry-igbo-girl/

http://www.dailyfamily.ng/13-things-must-know-marry-ijebu-girl/
Re: 13 Things You Must Know Before You Marry An Ijebu Girl by OShepherd: 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2017
So in a nutshell, a reserved young man shouldn't bother himself about an Ijebu Lady shocked
Re: 13 Things You Must Know Before You Marry An Ijebu Girl by chrisj2(m): 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2017
What can I say? The Aso-ebi, the parties, Owambes, loudness and sharpness, extended family and even the stringiness - I do agree.

But how for do if you are an Ijebu man? The Aso-ebi thing weak me so so much. And the expenses on extended family and in-laws too.

What if your mum and dad comes from the same small Ijebu town? Bad luck for Moi?

The female poster wanting an Ijebu man - why? And do fancy being a baby mama?

(1) (Reply)

Unification Of Yoruba Land / Man Lampoons ‘ooni Of Ife’ For Calling Jesus His Father - Video / Alaafin Sets The Record Straight, Refutes Ooni's Claim On Yoruba Ancestral Ties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.