Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 (38236 Views)

Breaking! FG Scraps Tuition Fees In Federal Universities. / NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities / Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by MartinsIfeco1(m): 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
optemmah:
Hope it all works.

Confussion is what i see,APC bad things about.
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Gabbyraze(m): 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
Our youths have a big problem,whether they read without understanding or they don't understand simple sentences,i don't know. It's funny we as Nigerians refuse to constantly upgrade ourselves and increase our knowledge. Back to d matter, am happy they put a cap on the so called putme,schools would stop charging outrageous amounts for the exam,ad for the points to be used,time will tell if it's a good idea or not.as for those who think we should do things digitally,I simply ask,isn't d jamb cbt,what else do u want?when most schools don't do their putme as cbt exams
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Aquariann: 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
iswallker:

no kind of test will be conducted. either cbt or ppt.

post-utme screening will involve;

1. upload o'level to a portal
2. an aggregate score will be awarded the candidate based on a combination of o'level results and utme score.
3. candidate is offered admission based on aggregate score.
4. candidate is invited for screening which is like an interview, to see the candidate physically and ask a few questions.

step 4 is a formality; if there are no witches following the candidate and documents are original, step 3 has already offered admission to the candidate.

hope that was helpful... wink

My brother abeg help me explain am to them. I no get strength.
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2016
If d value is not known d abuse is inevitable. So what do u expect from both parties. CBT on their own side had too much lapses and it was cost effective.

I expect nothing less than a confuse government out of it grin
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2016
I think the FG in the post is tryin to let the public know that they will still be Post utme.. And it won't be CBT as it was before but PPT (pencil, paper, test) .. And the instituition should charge nothing more than 2500 naira includin the bank share.. ''Sustain'' in the post there means that Putme should be allow to continue for a period of time. To me, it's a welcome developement i must say

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by intruder15(m): 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
fratermathy:
I seriously don't understand this back and forth method of FG. Are the candidates writing PUTME or NOT??

putme screening nw is no longer exam writing whether cbt or ppt. Schools can screen candidates in any other format provided it doesnt require exam writing. a sch can decide to screen al candidates in oral format. Like an interview. Though point system is wat most schools will use as bases of admission according to jamb. D system is cool cuz it gives value to those A and B u ve in waec. Its calculated like dis.
1 ssce sitting = 10marks.
2 ssce sitting = 2marks.
5 Core ssce subjects. For science, its maths, eng, phy, chem nd bio.
A=6 B=4 C=3. Lets say u scored maths A, eng A, phy C, bio C, chem B. Thats 6+6+3+3+4= 22.
The next point is the UTME scores where each score range has its equivalent point which can be summarised thus,
180-200=20-23 marks, 200-250=24-33
points, 251-300=34-43, 300-400=44-60
points.
For example a candidate with 180-185 gets 20 points, while a candidate with 186-190 gets 21 points.
Lets say u got 238. Thats 30points.
So, add ur no of waec sitting points , waec points and jamb points to get ur total. Thats 62 points. Then u sit back and wait for ur dept to release their point cut off. If urs is above, u are more likely to be admitted.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Mickael2(m): 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
There is no confusion here. Some people just decided to confuse themselves, the new screening method was explained since graciously by premium reporters, but some,for one reason or the other, decided to insult them and declare them unintelligent, now they have been redeemed. You guys should quietly start praying for your provisional admision first, don't worry about the screening yet, once you are given a provisional admission you must enter school, though the course may be changed
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Ahmeduana(m): 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
freeze001:
Forward or backwards?
DON'T YOU KNOW THAT THE HAUSAS CANNOT COPE WITH A SYSTEM THAT IS NOT MANIPULATIVE

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Aquariann: 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
hiijaay:
Nawa oooo
Why going back to analog system, in this computer age. How will schools that normally have more than 50, 000 applicants cope?.Federal government should rethink ooo

Miss, no one is going back to analog or whatever. What this means is that, in line with the minister's earlier directives that Post-UTME, post-JAMB, Aptitude test or what ever name you know it by, remains cancelled.

Screening of candidates wouldn't involve any form of examination (whether CBT or "analog"wink because candidates have already done that when the sat for JAMB abi UTME. And that the amount to be paid for that screening is a flat rate of N2500 (bank and "hidden charges" inclusive) across all universities.

And the said screening now involves vetting your UTME scores, SSCE results by grading, catchment area etc. Maybe oral interview. No more exams after JAMB.

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by kindmman(m): 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
Vshock:
Faborode said the agreement was reached after a deliberation of officials of the ministry, federal universities, polytechnics and colleges of education. The secretary-general said while it was agreed that the post-UTME screening should be sustained following the scrapping of the Computer Based Test (CBT).
Can anybody explain the above statement to me??
I thought I was the only one who noticed that. The worst part of it is that the news was probably culled from one of our tabloids.
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2016
kindmman:

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. The worst part of it is that the news was probably culled from one of our tabloids.
baba you not alone oo. The thing dey confuse meself oo
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by PecE2Make: 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2016
Bad market everywhere
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by akindele487(m): 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
dis thing dey confuse people o
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by hatchy(f): 4:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
Spade07:
IS D FG CONFUSED??
WHY SCRAP CBT??
Take a critical look at it and you know that it just to favour the North that is educationally lagging behind.

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Lazesk(m): 4:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
Bunch of confuse individuals..... If I am to read this right, they 're simply saying their could be other forms of exam bar CBT..
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Lazesk(m): 4:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
Bunch of confuse individuals..... If I am to read this right, they 're simply saying their could be other forms of exam bar CBT..
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by emmkeffs(f): 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2016
TemmyMatt:

Young man,the Minister is just a single Man. The decision is on behalf of the national body of VCs,Rectors and Provosts. Moreso,the Permanent Secretary was in attendance; indicating the support of the Minister!

Are u Serious? Kindly check the last paragraph and maybe clarify if its a joint agreement or the STANCE of the Union. maybe you didn't read it well
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by CIOUSYKEYZ: 4:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
I sure buy the idea of pegging a price for the screening but scrapping CBT? Where on earth are we heading for?

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2016
princeofpeace22:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/fg-scraps-cbt-pegs-post-utme-fee-at-n2500/
That's what u get when more than half of the Governing body consist of illiterate Northerners! Wetin concern this fools with CBT test? Na we send their people to b so dumb as not yo know how to use a computer? FG are just filled with clueless set of individuals. They want to throw us back to the era of paper pushing inadequacy. I think its for the best if this country separates biko, no need having a clueless region dragging others backward !
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Wallade(m): 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2016
The minister is an old man who probably does not understand the need for computer skills and the need to be savvy.

If the post UTME must be cancelled, that should not eliminate the use of Computer Based Test (CBT). He is obviously doing the bidding of a section of Nigeria that doesn't appreciate CBT.

Another poor decision from a strategic ministry that is essential to industrialisation, economic growth and development.
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by nurex01(m): 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
Haha! I don't think the so called minister of Education knows what he is doing, he has once said d students won't pay a dime now turning to 2,500. Bad news
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by nurex01(m): 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2016
We are confused. We don't know what he is saying specifically.
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by 9rad(m): 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
From cbt back to ppt undecided
Smh
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Aristo3146(m): 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2016
Some people hardly read the contents of an article before commenting...Read in between the line and you will discover they are not talking about scraping CBT for JAMB...But they are scraping CBT for PUTME Screening...Its a different thing all together...

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Aristo3146(m): 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2016
Some people hardly read the contents of an article before commenting...Read in between the line and you will discover they are not talking about scraping CBT for JAMB...But they are scraping CBT for PUTME Screening...Its a different thing all together...
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by legendary0001(m): 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2016
Good development but both CBT & PPT should be allowed. However, #2500 pegging of fees is a VERY good idea.
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Aristo3146(m): 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2016
nma24:
That's what u get when more than half of the Governing body consist of illiterate Northerners! Wetin concern this fools with CBT test? Na we send their people to b so dumb as not yo know how to use a computer? FG are just filled with clueless set of individuals. They want to throw us back to the era of paper pushing inadequacy. I think its for the best if this country separates biko, no need having a clueless region dragging others backward !
Some people hardly read the contents of an article before commenting...Read
in between the line and you will discover they are not talking about scraping
CBT for JAMB...But they are scraping CBT for PUTME Screening...Its a
different thing all together...
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Aristo3146(m): 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
Wallade:
The minister is an old man who probably does not understand the need for computer skills and the need to be savvy.

If the post UTME must be cancelled, that should not eliminate the use of Computer Based Test (CBT). He is obviously doing the bidding of a section of Nigeria that doesn't appreciate CBT.

Another poor decision from a strategic ministry that is essential to industrialisation, economic growth and development.
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by michspencer(m): 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2016
This is another higher state of confusion in this present admnistration.will not making use of computer in the conduct of the examination make it not to be called POST UTME again.? This is as good as a step forward,three steps backward. #GODSAVENAIJA
Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Aristo3146(m): 5:06pm On Jul 06, 2016
Aquariann:

Miss, no one is going back to analog or whatever. What this means is that, in line with the minister's earlier directives that Post-UTME, post-JAMB, Aptitude test or what ever name you know it by, remains cancelled.

Screening of candidates wouldn't involve any form of examination (whether CBT or "analog"wink because candidates have already done that when the sat for JAMB abi UTME. And that the amount to be paid for that screening is a flat rate of N2500 (bank and "hidden charges" inclusive) across all universities.

And the said screening now involves vetting your UTME scores, SSCE results by grading, catchment area etc. Maybe oral interview. No more exams after JAMB.
Thank you my brother, it seems you the only one that can read and comprehend on this forum...I give you an "A" in reading comprehension..

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 by Aristo3146(m): 5:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
Spade07:
IS D FG CONFUSED??
WHY SCRAP CBT??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nwankwo Florence Ngozi, University Of Jos Overall Best Graduating Student (Pics) / 2-Year-Old Baby Attacks A 9-Month-Old Baby At The Daycare (Photos) / Lady Does Photoshoot With Her PhD Thesis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.