Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains (7606 Views)

Playstation 3 Vs Nintendo Wii Vs Xbox 360 / Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians / Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by texazzpete(m): 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2009
ciscostaz:

I have read with keen interest the comments of some supposed Nigerians who have made such statements as "Is it not true?" that those allegations are right.  Its rather unfortunate that they need to really have a broad look at the 419 thing to know that it is not only Nigerians that are involved in the thing.  The only thing is that there is a way other countries manage their own information while the one in our country is always (with vigour) blown to the highest heavens.

If you have ever traveled out of this country, you will come to realised that anytime you mention that you are a "Nigerian", or presented your green passport at the point of entry to any of these countries, their countenance towards you changes immediately as if to say you are also a 419er which is not very fair.  Its a very bad Stigma.  The federal govts response through Akunyili is a welcome development. They should go a further step by demanding  an apology from Sony Corporation.  You can not insult me in the face of everybody  and still expect me to continue doing business with you.

Its high time we tell the world that it is not only Nigerians that are involved in this deal and there are good people among us.  Well, I hope the Federal Government will also rise to the occasion of making this country home for all of us.  Prosterity will judge everyone that put us in this situation, in the first place.

It's people like you that encourage this stigma you whine about. Why the hell do you think these people shouldn't look at you with suspicion when tens of thousands of your brothers are sending them scam emails, and many of them appear in the news, apprehended by foreign law enforcement agencies for duping westerners? Haven't you seen/heard truly sickening stories of how victims of 419  have been broken financially and emotionally by relentless and merciless Nigerian 419 gangs?
So as far as you're concerned, it's not the bad things we do that make us pariahs, instead we should blame the people who publicise the bad things we do. And that's just sad.

As for your 'supposedly Nigerian' statement, i can't help laughing. over 70% of you educated Nigerians failed to turn up to vote during the last elections, Nairaland opinion polls show that as much as 40% of respondents will deliberately avoid paying tax if they can help it.
Patriotism is best shown when you pay taxes, vote actively and obey the laws of your country. Not by sending online petitions and feeling insulted over an issue you should feel SHAME for!
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by koolchicco: 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2009
9ijaprince:

Sony has achieved its marketing strategy. That game will sell like pure water.

Very well said,nothing more to add.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by esajay1: 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2009
touchmeder:

Thank God i must say (heaves a sigh of relief)and for those who thought the ad was ok and a joke undecided
sorry for you!

supported oh!
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by donclemo(m): 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2009
una don show again weather u like it or not there is no country dat has got no corruption if u say na lie put the country name for nairaland and tell us ur source.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by eyonigger(m): 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2009
As for as am concerned, for them to have removed the usage of Nigeria+scam on their ad is enough.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by ciscostaz: 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2009
@Texazzpete
You amused me with your comment. I have never said I supported the 419 guys. I hope you can get that into your head.  What I said was that It is not only Nigerians that are involved in the "business".  And my last statement was at the people who put us in this situation. I have always prayed that this country will be better. I can see that you are not a Nigerian no wonder you can go about writing things you dont know anything about.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by TheSeeker(m): 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2009
ciscostaz:

@Texazzpete
You amused me with your comment. I have never said I supported the 419 guys. I hope you can get that into your head. What I said was that It is not only Nigerians that are involved in the "business". And my last statement was at the people who put us in this situation. I have always prayed that this country will be better. I can see that you are not a Nigerian no wonder you can go about writing things you dont know anything about.
Don't mind him. He's comparing United States to Nigeria yet, he has no idea how Nigeria operates. I live in the States and know how it goes down here.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 09, 2009
Wow shocked

Sony changed the advert? wow Nice one FG, grin
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2009
I'm a big fan of Wii anyway.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2009
The ad was changed a couple of days before your press announced the news in the press. Ofcourse, if any country complained about an issue, companies would rush to immediately make changes cause to them, it is all about the dollar. Even a letter from North Korea or Zimbabwe would get SONY or even McDonalds to make such changes. But I am worried that most on here are reading way too much into this.

This change in no way absolves Nigerians of the shame that follows them wherever they go, neither does not help our image abroad. So whether SONY decides to play the AD or not, the SONY site would still reject direct sales from Nigeria. Ebay will still cancel all transactions that involve Nigerians or IP addresses from that end. Companies will still continue to monitor emails and requests from Nigeria. And for $299, SONY may as well win the rush come this christmas cause that price is cheap compared to the price of most all other TOP of the LIST gadgets for the holiday season.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Hydy(m): 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2009
, Okay guys, its a shame dat some pple r talkin like infants, d word "Nigerian" has 2 do with me as much as it has 2 do with u as well as every other nigerian.Sony making profit in 9ja or not does not give them such right.
Nigeria has nothing2 hide again as d whole world already label us 419er.
So dis is a great opportunity 4 nigeria 2 take the ongoing Re-branding campaign of dis great country to the WORLD,to let d world know dat we readilly reject n refuse to continue answering dat name "419er" .
Hy dont know about u but hy am not a 419er,and Its only proper 4 sony to apologise 2 us or they cant continue business in nigeria.
Its also a wake-up call 4 us 2 change our bad ways,so we can call ourselves what we want others 2 call us.
Some guys r jus joking on dis thread, but if they've ever gone outside dis country, they would know how serious dis issue is.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by platinumnk(f): 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2009
Kobojunkie:

This change in no way absolves Nigerians of the shame that follows them wherever they go, neither does not help our image abroad. So whether SONY decides to play the AD or not, the SONY site would still reject direct sales from Nigeria. Ebay will still cancel all transactions that involve Nigerians or IP addresses from that end. Companies will still continue to monitor emails and requests from Nigeria.

Someone please say it again!
embarassed embarassed tongue
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by proudly9ja(m): 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2009
Kobojunkie:

The ad was changed a couple of days before your press announced the news in the press. Ofcourse, if any country complained about an issue, companies would rush to immediately make changes cause to them, it is all about the dollar. Even a letter from North Korea or Zimbabwe would get SONY or even McDonalds to make such changes. But I am worried that most on here are reading way too much into this.

This change in no way absolves Nigerians of the shame that follows them wherever they go, neither does not help our image abroad. So whether SONY decides to play the AD or not, the SONY site would still reject direct sales from Nigeria. Ebay will still cancel all transactions that involve Nigerians or IP addresses from that end. Companies will still continue to monitor emails and requests from Nigeria. And for $299, SONY may as well win the rush come this christmas cause that price is cheap compared to the price of most all other TOP of the LIST gadgets for the holiday season.

Why do you never see anything good in anything done by a Nigerian? When people made noise about this issue, you complained that we were wasting our time, now that SONY has deemed it fit to change the ad, you still are telling us our effort was fruitless.

With all due respect, this situation is a simple and clear cut one. No one has come out to say we don't have 419ers in our midst or have we come out to say Nigeria is the best country to be. All we said is that it was wrong for SONY to use it in their ad the same way they cannot use anything negative about the Americans, Japanese or Germans in their ads. And SONY has deemed it fit and removed the offensive part, simple. Has that redeemed our image as Nigerians, NO, has it stopped us being harrased at airports, NO. But is there anything to learn from it, YES! I for one have seen that as Nigerians, if we speak with ONE voice then WE will be heard. But as long as Nigerians like you are around to remind us of our faults and talk down on anything Nigerian, rather than support our effort, then it leaves a lot to be desired. Don't you think its better to keep quiet than put down the efforts of others?
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Sep 09, 2009
proudly9ja:

Why do you never see anything good in anything done by a Nigerian? When people made noise about this issue, you complained that we were wasting our time, now that SONY has deemed it fit to change the ad, you still are telling us our effort was fruitless.

What business of yours is it if I choose to see anything good or not in Nigeria? Since when did making another person’s chosen way your business become the norm? Why not accept instead that I do not see things as you do rather than continue this bantering which only makes you appear more ridiculous by the minute?

proudly9ja:

With all due respect, this situation is a simple and clear cut one. No one has come out to say we don't have 419ers in our midst or have we come out to say Nigeria is the best country to be. All we said is that it was wrong for SONY to use it in their ad the same way they cannot use anything negative about the Americans, Japanese or Germans in their ads. And SONY has deemed it fit and removed the offensive part, simple. Has that redeemed our image as Nigerians, NO, has it stopped us being harrased at airports, NO. But is there anything to learn from it, YES! I for one have seen that as Nigerians, if we speak with ONE voice then WE will be heard. But as long as Nigerians like you are around to remind us of our faults and talk down on anything Nigerian, rather than support our effort, then it leaves a lot to be desired. Don't you think its better to keep quiet than put down the efforts of others?

Again, I will likely never see things as you do.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by proudly9ja(m): 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2009
Kobojunkie:

What business of yours is it if I choose to see anything good or not in Nigeria? Since when did making another person’s chosen way your business become the norm? Why not accept instead that I do not see things as you do rather than continue this bantering which only makes you appear more ridiculous by the minute?

Again, I will likely never see things as you do.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by agitator: 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2009
texazzpete:

It's people like you that encourage this stigma you whine about. Why the hell do you think these people shouldn't look at you with suspicion when tens of thousands of your brothers are sending them scam emails, and many of them appear in the news, apprehended by foreign law enforcement agencies for duping westerners? Haven't you seen/heard truly sickening stories of how victims of 419  have been broken financially and emotionally by relentless and merciless Nigerian 419 gangs?
So as far as you're concerned, it's not the bad things we do that make us pariahs, instead we should blame the people who publicise the bad things we do. And that's just sad.

As for your 'supposedly Nigerian' statement, i can't help laughing. over 70% of you educated Nigerians failed to turn up to vote during the last elections, Nairaland opinion polls show that as much as 40% of respondents will deliberately avoid paying tax if they can help it.
Patriotism is best shown when you pay taxes, vote actively and obey the laws of your country. Not by sending online petitions and feeling insulted over an issue you should feel SHAME for!
My bro, I feel you.  Tell them the bitter truth.

Who exposed the ministers fraudulent spending in UK? was it not the British Press?

What of the Blackwater scandal?

A Korean past president committed sucide because of corruption charges over an amount a local government official will give to his girl friend (not wife)

That's why corruption will continue in Nigeria, and things can never get better.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2009
Hydy:

, Okay guys, its a shame dat some pple r talkin like infants, d word "Nigerian" has 2 do with me as much as it has 2 do with u as well as every other nigerian.Sony making profit in 9ja or not does not give them such right.
Nigeria has nothing2 hide again as d whole world already label us 419er.

And it is the world’s fault that we are labeled 419ers on the most part?

Hydy:

So dis is a great opportunity 4 nigeria 2 take the ongoing Re-branding campaign of dis great country to the WORLD,to let d world know dat we readilly reject n refuse to continue answering dat name "419er" .
Hy dont know about u but hy am not a 419er,and Its only proper 4 sony to apologise 2 us or they cant continue business in nigeria.

Take what we have yet to get working inside our own shores to the World? Isn’t that sort of like jumping the gun here?

Hydy:

Its also a wake-up call 4 us 2 change our bad ways,so we can call ourselves what we want others 2 call us.
Some guys r jus joking on dis thread, but if they've ever gone outside dis country, they would know how serious dis issue is.

Nothing, before this mention of online scammers in the Ad, has stopped us from changing our act. So why now? Why because of SONY? By the way, does changing the AD really mean SONY has changed it’s mind on Nigerian Internet millionaires? NO WAY!! It still considers them liars and scammers, even though it has removed from public view the mention. There is a phrase for this. It is called EYE SERVICE!!!
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Tats(m): 4:52pm On Sep 09, 2009
Has the fact that the advert been altered changed anything? maybe just that Nigeria has succeeded in making a large corporation alter an Ad! So when next should we be expecting another individual, nation or company to defame us?

As for those talking of Sony Boycott, whether you like it or not, "Junior" Rich Boy will still buy the new Playstation three after already owning a Wii, PS3 and X-Box combined. He will simply get the money from Dad the looting politician! Even the Yahoo Yahoo boys will still buy the new PS3 with their proceeds

It is high time we got our acts together as a country to combat this dubious Yahoo yahoo business with state of the art IT facilities and a special IT force squad (however way it can be done). It is appalling that our Leaders let these acts degenerate into what it has now become. Anyway, it is no surprise as they also do their's on a much larger scale and get away with it. So what moral right do they have to fight 419?

As for the "rebranding", that is a complete waste of time, money and effort.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Sep 09, 2009
Tats:

Has the fact that the advert been altered changed anything? maybe just that Nigeria has succeeded in making a large corporation alter an Ad! So when next should we be expecting another individual, nation or company to defame us?

Defame us? How did this mention of Online Scammers defame the country? How do you connect the one to the other in such a way? You mean the online Scammers are not the guilty party here, SONY is? HOW? How can you defame a country by making mention of a scourge the country refuses to deal with?
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by texazzpete(m): 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2009
ciscostaz:

@Texazzpete
You amused me with your comment. I have never said I supported the 419 guys. I hope you can get that into your head.  What I said was that It is not only Nigerians that are involved in the "business".  And my last statement was at the people who put us in this situation. I have always prayed that this country will be better. I can see that you are not a Nigerian no wonder you can go about writing things you dont know anything about.

It's not only Nigerians involved in online scams, but it's mainly NIgerians involved in the 'Nigerian Email' scam - emails promising a large share of loot from an ex-general etc.
I have over 3000 posts on Nairaland, with most of them centered on Nigeria and Nigerian issues. How stupid can you be to assume i'm not Nigerian? You papier-mache patriots amuse me. How many of you bothered to vote during the last elections sef? How many pay taxes?

TheSeeker:

Don't mind him. He's comparing United States to Nigeria yet, he has no idea how Nigeria operates. I live in the States and know how it goes down here.
When did you see me comparing Nigeria to the United States? Unlike you, i live in Nigeria so i'm pretty sure i know more about Nigeria's dynamics than you do.
All you people have suceeded in doing by raising a furore over Sony's ad is winning the battle but losing the war.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Tats(m): 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Defame us? How did this mention of Online Scammers defame the country? How do you connect the one to the other in such a way? You mean the online Scammers are not the guilty party here, SONY is? HOW? How can you defame a country by making mention of a scourge the country refuses to deal with?

The online scammers are the guilty ones here and Sony took advantage of it. There are many people who consider the reference of Nigeria to be defamation, and I don't. Nigeria would not have been mentioned in the Ad, if we were not the Kings and foot soldiers of "419" and also making people not to trust anything on the internet.

see this news today about Nigerians. http://naijanet.com/news/source/2009/sep/9/1000.html
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by naylove(m): 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2009
even though i dont agree with the Info. minister on her rebranding exercise especially how she is going about it.
little efforts like this will sure go along way to tell foreigners that it aint gonn be business as usual when it comes to the Nigerian Image.
keep it up.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:21pm On Sep 09, 2009
I try not to bother myself with all this things jo, TheSeeker I think I agree with your point of view, it is one thing to accuse the whole nation of being scammers and another kettle of fish to swallow it.

texxxazepete you can join Sony in the pawto pawto they are sitting in already  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2009
TheSeeker:

My friend, just don't jump into the middle of my comments. Get the drift of it and don't try to twist it or don't comment about it all. Yes, I'm listening to myself. Do you know what Korean ruler called Hilary Clinton and do you know why he said what he did about her? Hilary made a foul statement, not even as heavy as this, and she got a taste of the man's bitter slandering; that may not be a perfect example but it's related to this in a way that when you make negative remarks, you hear back from the person you make it again, no matter what. So suck up your opinion to yourself. If SONY is closed down I don't see it hurting Nigeria at all and no, they closing it will be bad for their business. The only company you'll close down that will hurt Nigeria real bad is MTN, SONY, hell no! Rephrase that.

Umm . . . . the Korean example is not related to this in any way. It is as disconnected as the analogy that what SONY did is tantamount to calling Nigerians NIGGERS. NO,  it is not related and ridiculous for one to try to make such a connection when there is none.

TheSeeker:

If SONY thought what they did was so right or they can't be reprimanded, why did they change it?

Actually, SONY did not have to think if it was right or wrong. Legally, there is nothing wrong with SONY using such statements in their AD. Be sure that this ad cost them at least 1000 hours to develop and it was tested at so many levels before going live. So, let us stop pretending someone just put this together in like a day and BOOM, decided it was to go live the next. I bet they even called people in to review the AD to make sure the main message was conveyed before the final release. SONY simply had to play their card and hope that it works with no problems. If not, they simply pull the ad and try another and life goes on.

TheSeeker:

You don't stay in that dark and start whistling those non-existent ideas. The truth is Nigerians are scammers? Is that what you're telling me? Are you a scammer too? Pray tell, what portion of Nigeria is involved in fraud, maybe 20% (if it's up to that at all) and this portion automatically speaks in full for the rest? Think again! A very little fraction of Nigerians are involved in this and it's an insult if it's labeled on the country like it's her trademark. I don't condone what they are doing but in spite of that you don't open your mouth and make foul remarks at a country.

Nigerian Internet Millionaires DOES NOT EQUAL Nigerians ARE SCAMMERS. If you take the line from the AD to court, You will not only loose but be forced to get back to English class.

A very little fraction of Nigerians are involved? Pray tell, how much is little? Someone already mentioned elsewhere that since there are SPAM tools out there, it is possible for so many people to so very many emails. Does that change the fact that this is a scourge and that the government cannot seem to or does not seem to want to arrest the situation?  Until we find out what portion of the population are involved in INTERNET SCAMMING, I say we stop deceiving ourselves believing these are the minority as it seems the numbers are great enough to affect the image of a whole country of over 150 million.

Again, what foul remark was made against the Country itself? What particular line in the AD specifically states that ALL NIGERIANS ARE INTERNET SCAMMERS? What line?
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by texazzpete(m): 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

, it is one thing to accuse the whole nation of being scammers

Ah. Now i see the problem. Some of you simply struggle with English. How the hell can you infer from that ad that we are 'a nation of scammers'?

Chrisbenogor:

texxxazepete you can join Sony in the pawto pawto they are sitting in already grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sales of PS3 consoles shut up 1000% last week. I think Sony are pretty happy with themselves right now grin
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Pelican(m): 5:36pm On Sep 09, 2009
My people, believe me very sincerely, SONY merely used Nigeria to achieve a strong marketing strategy. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. Otherwise, do you think they produced that work in one week or in a haste? They mean what they said; they know there may be reactions as this, especially with Dora in communication; and they know that an apology in whatever guise will do. But above all, they know that the product due to the controversy will not only sell abroad, but particularly in Nigeria, for the children of those same people who pretend to be offended by the advert. Let us look inwards, the actions and words of our politicians are nothing to compare with that simple truth told badly by SONY. Or how else do you want me to put the last phrase. Nigerian elites are the greatest enemies of Nigeria.  angry cry
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by calyx: 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2009
My friend, just don't jump into the middle of my comments. Get the drift of it and don't try to twist it or don't comment about it all. Yes, I'm listening to myself. Do you know what Korean ruler called Hilary Clinton and do you know why he said what he did about her? Hilary made a foul statement, not even as heavy as this, and she got a taste of the man's bitter slandering; that may not be a perfect example but it's related to this in a way that when you make negative remarks, you hear back from the person you make it again, no matter what. So suck up your opinion to yourself. If SONY is closed down I don't see it hurting Nigeria at all and no, they closing it will be bad for their business. The only company you'll close down that will hurt Nigeria real bad is MTN, SONY, hell no! Rephrase that.

If SONY thought what they did was so right or they can't be reprimanded, why did they change it? You don't stay in that dark and start whistling those non-existent ideas. The truth is Nigerians are scammers? Is that what you're telling me? Are you a scammer too? Pray tell, what portion of Nigeria is involved in fraud, maybe 20% (if it's up to that at all) and this portion automatically speaks in full for the rest? Think again! A very little fraction of Nigerians are involved in this and it's an insult if it's labeled on the country like it's her trademark. I don't condone what they are doing but in spite of that you don't open your mouth and make foul remarks at a country.

Very well said!
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by ezeagu(m): 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Again, what foul remark was made against the Country itself? What particular line in the AD specifically states that ALL NIGERIANS ARE INTERNET SCAMMERS? What line?

I agree with everything else you've said, but I have to disagree with the point in the quoted. Sony are obviously using the social context of the Nigerian e-mail scam's, and their obviously putting Nigeria and internet scams together because Nigeria is known for this. The ad then links the e-mails with the nation of Nigeria and therefore the people of Nigeria. For example if they were selling a boat or something they might make up a joke that uses a line like: "I would have been hijacked in Somalia", etc.

Just like there is no line that "states that ALL NIGERIANS ARE INTERNET SCAMMERS" there is also no line that makes it clear that a majority of Nigerian's are not involved in internet scam's. It is using the stereotype that Nigerian's create internet scam's more than anyone else, although they might not come out and say it directly, the tone it was said (in a sarcastic, ironic manner) should indicate this to the viewer. It's meant to be light hearted anyway.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by darqly(m): 5:55pm On Sep 09, 2009
There are 2 ways to look at it in my opinion. Being a Nigerian internet millionaire doesn't mean U have to swindle to get the cash; Just means you're damn gullible. And alot of us are, aren't we? Plus the yanks that did the advert.If not why do they BELIEVE everything they see on the internet as well, hoping that it'll be better for the goose than the gander?
We didn't invent fraud, internet or otherwise, we just gained notoriety for it by being tenacious.

If we're sooo pissed off, everybody that has a SONY, should sell it off and pick an LG instead grin
This is just an offshoot of the larger problem that needs fixing, whether or not Sony apologises is really water off a duck's back- Doesn't change a thing about our image till we make efforts to shape up.
If I had a dollar each time someone called me a moniker arising from the conduct of my fellow men, I'd soon be an internet millionaire.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by iammodel(m): 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2009
Thank God for this. think there are still more to come.
make una no dey argue here over wetin una no fit change.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by mystikal(m): 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2009
whatever m-e-n. I'm still rocking my PS3.
Re: Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2009
Wii is where its at.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Can Help Me Pass Free Fall In Gta SAN ANDREAS? / Assassins Creed III Offline Server Crack Working / What's Your Favorite Type Of Game?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.