Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial (2367 Views)

Important Reminder In Our Daily Life And Deen / 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh / Gani Buried In Golden Casket: I Fear For Gani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Pelican(m): 8:27am On Sep 09, 2009
"Muslim leaders have frowned at the delay in the burial of the late legal icon, Gani Fawehinmi. Abdulrahman Ahmad, the Chief Missionary Officer of the Ansar -ud-deen Society and Sabit Olagoke of the Sharafaudeen in Islam society of Nigeria, both said the delay was unislamic.

Mr Fawehinmi was a devout Muslim in his lifetime and held the title of Seriki Adini (leader of the faithful) of Ondo State.

However, his relatives were quoted as saying that he requested that his relatives should take their time in planning his burial.

“He said he does not want anybody to just go and throw him down,” a younger brother was quoted as saying in the press."

By Ayo Okulaja

September 7, 2009 01:25AMT (NEXT Newspaper)
WHAT IS YOUR VIEEW?
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Abuzola(m): 10:17am On Sep 09, 2009
Is Prophet Muhammad, Abubakar, umar, usman and Ali and Prophet musa not far far better than him ? They were buried the same day with no delay, By now he would know the very reason why hastening to the burial is better. May Allah forgive him amin
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Maykelly(f): 10:23am On Sep 09, 2009
Abuzola:

Is Prophet Muhammad, Abubakar, umar, usman and Ali and Prophet musa not far far better than him ? They were buried the same day with no delay, By now he would know the very reason why hastening to the burial is better.

please moderator, MOVE this TOPIC to burial ground cause all these people are die. please move the topic to its correct location "burial ground" thank you.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by alimat2(f): 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2009
May kelly:

please moderator, MOVE this TOPIC to burial ground cause all these people are die. please move the topic to its correct location "burial ground" thank you.

LADY!!!, Put on your thinking cap and shut up ,what do u know about burial in inslam.?
u just day jump about without making any meaningful post.

pity your ignorance
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Lagosboy: 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2009
Wallah i felt really bad at the late burial as well. I do not think it was like the wish of Gani in the context of islam. Every devout muslim knows we do not delay burial in islam. the dead body could wait 2 or 3 days but not two weeks for no reason. I feel his family dont really have the understanding and that is where clerics close to the family should have explained and played a part in the burial plans.

May God forgive him his sins and grant him jannah.
"The rasul said the greatest jihad a man can fight is to tel a tyrinnical leader to his face that he his corrupt and bad" Abu Dawud

Gani did this times without number face militray men polica and all of them , i remember the yaba protest of 97/98 with gani at 6o in agbada leadin the protest and a time when the everyone ran for safety he stood his ground and confronted the army.

May God bless his soul.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by olabowale(m): 8:06pm On Sep 09, 2009
the above made tears well up my eyes. Allah is Merciful, and beseige Him for mercy on all muslims, dead and alive through generations and on the day of Judgement. Amin.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Abuzola(m): 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2009
olabowale:

the above made tears well up my eyes. Allah is Merciful, and beseige Him for mercy on all muslims, dead and alive through generations and on the day of Judgement. Amin.

Yap, but the delay is certainly hurting him right now, no excuse, no less.

The Prophet told us that whether the person is good or bad the body weep if delayed, there are many things it entails about the delay of a corpse but this just a short summary i gave
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by fizzybaba(m): 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2009
i was so sad when september 15 was fixed for his burial

saddened the more to see him buried in the xtian way-use of casket, lying in state.

that is why the yorubas say imo lo ni ad-deen, ogbon ori(sep 15) ko gbe

May Allah forgive him
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2009
fizzybaba:

i was so sad when september 15 was fixed for his burial

saddened the more to see him buried in the xtian way-use of casket, lying in state.

that is why the yorubas say imo lo ni ad-deen, ogbon ori(sep 15) ko gbe

May Allah forgive him

do you mean Adini or when did Deen become a Yoruba word.

Dont see how your unknown proverb matches the situation either.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by WildOne(f): 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2009
See all these muslims having having a mass coronary over somebody that's already dead and gone. Whether he is buried a minute after his demise or his body is left for months in the mortuary before interment, how does that affect anything?

Religion and its useless customs and traditions.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by olabowale(m): 11:13pm On Sep 10, 2009
WildOne when you die at 130 in a wild state, what shall the wildone's babies do with you body? I need answer, please. It should be wild no less is expected from you.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by fizzybaba(m): 9:48am On Sep 11, 2009
do you mean Adini or when did Deen become a Yoruba word.

Dont see how your unknown proverb matches the situation either.

i like the fact that u dat u are truthfully inquisitive

it would interest u to know that adini is culled from ad-deen, hence my delibrate substitution.several words in yoruba and indeed, scientific language
have been called from the arabic language.

i.e in yoruba seria: punishment is culled from sharia. algebra is culled from the arabic language

how the proverb matches the situation?

the situation (gani's burial protocol) is one that is anchored on human judgement. i.e use of casket, dressing him in agbada, lying in state, postponing his burial date.islam expressly and unambigously states that we should bury our loved ones immediately(ASAP). that is islamic knowledge.it is humanly difficult to comprehend what difference it makes.particularly when emotion is involved, u will never be in a hurry to lower your loved ones who die.but then again, islamic provisions must override
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by yemi221(m): 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2009
its un islamic, d prohet said we shld hatsten to do 3 tins 1 getting married 2 burying of corps 2 peforming salat at its time
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Abuzola(m): 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2009
According to you,

Gani was a muslim if you don't know now you know. Gani had two wives, now you know. GANI wasn't crucificted on the cross, now you know, Gani didn't cried when he was about to die unlike mathew 27:4ö your god cried, Ganiyu is one of the 99 names of Allah, Gani what a faithful slave of Allah. Gani testify that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger.

Now you know !
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by noetic2: 12:59pm On Sep 11, 2009
why wasnt Gani buried like a muslim?. . . .because he suspected all along that allah is an arabian fraud.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 11, 2009
fizzybaba:

[
i like the fact that u dat u are truthfully inquisitive

it would interest u to know that adini is culled from ad-deen, hence my delibrate substitution.several words in yoruba and indeed, scientific language
have been called from the arabic language.

i.e in yoruba seria: punishment is culled from sharia. algebra is culled from the arabic language

the situation (gani's burial protocol) is one that is anchored on human judgement. i.e use of casket, dressing him in agbada, lying in state, postponing his burial date.islam expressly and unambigously states that we should bury our loved ones immediately(ASAP). that is islamic knowledge.it is humanly difficult to comprehend what difference it makes.particularly when emotion is involved, u will never be in a hurry to lower your loved ones who die.but then again, islamic provisions must override

I dont know if you're intentionally missing my point.

Nothing you're saying here which everyone doesnt already know.

Yoruba has words from many languages, not only Arabic.

I'm sure Gani also knew what Islam says on quick burials. His father introduced Islam to his hometown as the Seriki.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 11, 2009
Abuzola:

According to you,

Gani was a muslim if you don't know now you know. Gani had two wives, now you know.

Gani had two wives and so?

Do you know the story of how he found himself in that position?

Are Muslims with one wife no longer Muslims?
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by noetic2: 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2009
tpia.:

Gani had two wives and so?

Do you know the story of how he found himself in that position?

Are Muslims with one wife no longer Muslims?

were u expecting rational points from abuzola?
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2009
noetic2:

were u expecting rational points from abuzola?

he's the defender of the faith for some of these cowardly ones hiding under his skirt.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Abuzola(m): 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2009
May God have mercy on you two. @tpiah, i use to think you are a pious woman untill now that noetic and david virus affected you.

@noetic, do you know how so daft you sound ? Like a rotten owl, Gani is proudly a muslim. Your enmity can't make his corpse a christian.

Islamic knowledge is vast not even an imam will tell you he knows everything not even Prophet Muhammad nor jesus, jesus said he doesn't know the last hour. Likewise we have non practising muslim, as am speaking to you now majority of muslim do not know that burying the dead on time is vital. I guess Gani fall under this category
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 11, 2009
Abuzola:

May God have mercy on you two. @tpiah, i use to think you are a pious woman untill now that noetic and david virus affected you.

what gave you that impression?

No virus affected me- I wish you'd take responsibility for your actions sha. Instead of always blaming others.

You started threads openly calling for jihad and religious extremism and I took you up on that.

The hair comment was a general one not particularly directed at you though I know you felt it was.

The Ramadan Kareem thread was originally in Romance until someone moved it here [s]possibly to get people stirred up into a state of religious fervency.[/s]

On the other threads where I've commented in this section, its because I happen to be here at this point in time. I dont normally come to the Islamic forum since very little interests me there. Not to mention I dont get along with most of the moderators here.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Abuzola(m): 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2009
@nnetic- You can claim Gani to be a christian, i don't care, my grave is my grave and Gani's grave is his.

So make ur conclusion, am fasting i can't argue much. Whether he died a christian or muslim isn't going to make my faith dearer to God.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by noetic2: 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2009
Abuzola:

@nnetic- You can claim Gani to be a christian, i don't care, my grave is my grave and Gani's grave is his.

So make your conclusion, am fasting i can't argue much. Whether he died a christian or muslim isn't going to make my faith dearer to God.

I dont care what u or Gani died as. . . the point is Gani refused to be buried a muslim. . . . .have u ever wondered why?
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Abuzola(m): 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2009
@tpiah why do you think am not a nigerian, if i may ask who do you think i am ? An arab or afro arab, you can guess and wishing you a happy prediction.

@noetic- You are an embarrashment to your church, so your stay in the muslim section did not do you any good to understand islamic rite, what a dunce

let me help you with it: Gani will only be delayed but he will be buried and shrouded in islamic way, he will be washed, ablution will be done to him, he will be shrouded and funeral prayer will be observed then lowered into his grave with nothing but wood and shroud.

From BBC Hausa news: Gani's son speaking with the Bbc correspondent said his father wants his burial to be delayed so that large number of people can attend his funeral'

there is an authentic hadith that says 'If pious people attend the funeral of a believer then bear witness he is among the inmate of paradise
'
but Gani took the wrong step. What a pity.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Jarus(m): 6:02pm On Sep 11, 2009
I'm also not happy his burial was delayed.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2009
Jarus:

I'm also not happy his burial was delayed.

too bad for you.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by noetic2: 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
Abuzola:

@tpiah why do you think am not a nigerian, if i may ask who do you think i am ? An arab or afro arab, you can guess and wishing you a happy prediction.

@noetic- You are an embarrashment to your church, so your stay in the muslim section did not do you any good to understand islamic rite, what a dunce

let me help you with it: Gani will only be delayed but he will be buried and shrouded in islamic way, he will be washed, ablution will be done to him, he will be shrouded and funeral prayer will be observed then lowered into his grave with nothing but wood and shroud.

From BBC Hausa news: Gani's son speaking with the Bbc correspondent said his father wants his burial to be delayed so that large number of people can attend his funeral'

there is an authentic hadith that says 'If pious people attend the funeral of a believer then bear witness he is among the inmate of paradise
'

Absolute rubbish. ,

allah and mohammed says all muslims should be buried on the same day. . . . . .Gani refused to follow the dictates of allah. . .why?

show us where in the koran it is permissible for anyone not to be buried the same day.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Abuzola(m): 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2009
I think you are the rubbish here. Why wouldn't it be permissible to bury a muslim who was delayed for a month or year ? Oh ! So you expect the corpse to be cremated or thrown to the sea because it was delayed ? what a brain you have
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 11, 2009
Abuzola:

I'm sure Gani knows/knew Islam and hadith more than you.
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by Abuzola(m): 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2009
@noetic, i can see defeat in you, i need not to say anything anymore, when you people have no word to cling you retort to insult. Thanks, i am fasting. Have a happy moment with tpiah.

Am out !
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by noetic2: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2009
Abuzola:

@noetic, i can see defeat in you, i need not to say anything anymore, when you people have no word to cling you retort to insult. Thanks, i am fasting. Have a happy moment with tpiah.

Am out !

I have not insulted u. . .u are the one who insulted me, . , .thats however irrelevant.

can u just educate me and show me where in the koran it is allowed for a muslim's burial to be delayed?
Re: Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial by olabowale(m): 9:55pm On Sep 11, 2009
Maybe Noetic has an understanding of the unknown? Maybe AbdulGhaniyy discussed his private affairs with Noetics, leaving out his grandnephew , Dr. Ahmad Oluwarotimi Omokehinde out? I know Dr. Omokehinde and if he were in Nigeria he would have something to say, encouraging the family to bury him quicker, and not delaying.

But of course, people practice Islam according to their undersatand and desire, and if a muslim makes a mistake, in death you should correct him, if you know, so that he does not have a harder time with his Lord. Let me give you an example, if a muslim were to cut out his parents in his estate, even if they are not muslims, and his reason was just that, the people of knowledge who are making the divisions should restore what is the parents and not follow the wrong Instructions of the deceased blindly.

Noetic, in the Quran, the two sons of Adam and Hawa were the first birth on earth, and in time, the bad one with evil heart killed the one who is a "believer" by the Islam given to the time, Adam being the first in submission to Allah, and when he went wrong by nearing the "Tree" which he was warned about, he seeked forgiveness, the first to seek it and the first to receive it. When I used him, I mean he and his wife, okay.

When the son killed the believing brother, in the life time of their parents, the believing son was a Matyr, a Suhadah, hence the reason the inspiration to wash him before burial, while when it came to Adam, the community was inspired on how to wash the dead. Now the good brother was not buried for a long time, even to the point that his body began to rot, until a mere raven had to show how to dig a grave and bury a dead body. This is the first death, a muslim and there was a delay.

The second one has a medical or spiritual rason, like in the form of whodunniit; Surah backarah again in the prophethood of Musa (AS), wher a piece of cow meat was used to wake a dead person up (Musa ressurected a man), so that he can tell them who was the evil man that killed him, a believer! Read Surah Baqarah Verses 72 and 73.

2:72to topMuhsin Khan: And (remember) when you killed a man and fell into dispute among yourselves as to the crime. But Allah brought forth that which you were hiding.

2:73to topMuhsin Khan: So We said: "Strike him (the dead man) with a piece of it (the cow)." Thus Allah brings the dead to life and shows you His Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) so that you may understand.

Read 73 again; Allah destroys Trinity by this verse, by using We at the begining, then in the middle mentions His Personal name, Allah, and ends it up by saying His, a clear destruction to show that the WE refers to Allah Alone in HIS Majestic postion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Quran Argument For God's Existence / What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam / Clear Facts To Prove Why The Whole World Needs To Embrace Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.