Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam (2363 Views)

Seun, Maclatunji And Mukina: Kindly Explain What Is Settled On ISLAM Thread / The Answer Of A German Muslim Scholar On Islam And Terrorism *worth D Read* / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by Nairatalks: 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
Seun: The Islam section was created for security reasons, to protect non-muslims from the risk of violence, and not to promote Islam.

As a new member here, I truly find this disturbing. This comment was made by Seun on the religion section.
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by usermane(m): 12:31pm On Aug 27, 2013
Peace, Seun had a point but i think it is too much of a stretch to claim that preventing non muslims from "violence" is the motivation is the motivation behind creating a separate section for the muslims. Is there anything lyk online violence?
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by DesChyko1(m): 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2013
#whispers#.. Boko Haram
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by ULSHERLAN(m): 12:44pm On Aug 27, 2013
usermane: Peace, Seun had a point but i think it is too much of a stretch to claim that preventing non muslims from "violence" is the motivation is the motivation behind creating a separate section for the muslims. Is there anything lyk online violence?
Cyber attack = online violence
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by AbdH: 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
He was probably feeling sleepy when he wrote it. Violence on the internet?
He must have meant to write; 'the Islam for Muslim section was created to protect Muslims and Islam from the hateful comments known to Christians'

12 Likes

Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 27, 2013
Is seun trying to say that islam is violent

1 Like

Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by vedaxcool(m): 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
Nairatalks:

As a new member here, I truly find this disturbing. This comment was made by Seun on the religion section.

But had deols made a similar statement or had it been a muslim who made such a statement you would have used your entire energy to expose it as being lies, one would expect you use similar ethusiasm to challenge seun and expose him as being a liar! So go hound seun for making such a statement or do u believe it true that is why it is "disturbing" you? Smh in the same thread so many false allegations were made against muslim yet you simply kept shut, off course a "muslim" who readily swallows insults against muslims and Islam but is quick to criticize the comments of muslims about issues labeling their comments lies and falsehood clearly shows the sort of religion such a muslim practice!
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by AbdH: 1:38pm On Aug 27, 2013
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by Seun(m): 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
usermane: Is there anything lyk like online violence?
Many Nairaland members and moderators are not anonymous. They could be attacked if something offensive posted on Nairaland isn't removed.
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2013
AbdH:
He must have meant to write; 'the Islam for Muslim section was created to protect Muslims and Islam from the hateful comments known to Christians'

Lol. No that's not what Seun meant and please let's not lie to ourselves because the truth is too bitter to handle.
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by vedaxcool(m): 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
Lol grin Seun opinion are his own burden to bear, when u understand what happens on NL u would conclude that it is a matter of spin, Seun could n't provide a tangible answer to the op no, he throws a jib at muslims rather than give the op a simply answer that he does not want to grant his request, he plays on the intelligence of the audience he addresses by saying what they will like to hear, simply DIVIDE RULE AND CONQUAR;

This explains what I mean,

Seun: Snubish: I'm sorry about the way your request was dismissed by my representative in this section. I understand your concerns about how the warning portrays Islam. However, I think it's a small price to pay for keeping Christian and Atheist trolls and other haters of Islam out of the Islam section. It's better for them to be warned than for them to be banned. I wish you a great week!

Ehen I thought so, you fooled the haterz and trolls and they were all jubilant that you took a jab at Muslims; ,may the spaghetti monster bless you; the trolls and haterz went wild when they read this;
Seun:
There is no Christian and Atheist forum. We believe Christians and atheists can debate themselves without resorting to violence.

when I read the above I was very "disturbed" and spent "days" not lasting more a microsecond wandering why Seun would hurl such invectives against muslims, a man people mistake to be a muslim? I feel sorry for this guy though:

Deep Sight:

Perfect response!

Enough said! This statement alone is a complete indictment of Muslims on this forum and shows the view that the owner of the Forum has of Muslim discussants.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/993470_Who_cares_png1de465f101f2c621b0764b22bbdeb14d_jpge497203ddd9e705da92b6b3652cf6bfa

Maybe it is the burden of being an atheist, where u can speak from both sides of your mouths with no regard for the truth, as I once told the depressed druken alcoholic when he kept chanting Seun name as a source of evidence against somebody, who is Seun?
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by UyiIredia(m): 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
Seun: Many Nairaland members and moderators are not anonymous. They could be attacked if something offensive posted on Nairaland isn't removed.

True talk, the knotty issue is what is offensive, some level of invective and offense is tolerated on NL though and I'm grateful for the fact NL is accomodating enough to allow eccentricity and some 'venting'.
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by UyiIredia(m): 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2013
vedaxcool:
Maybe it is the burden of being an atheist, where u can speak from both sides of your mouths with no regard for the truth, as I once told the depressed druken alcoholic when he kept chanting Seun name as a source of evidence against somebody, who is Seun?

This is nonsense. Religionists being far more numerous than atheists are well-known for talking from both sides of their mouth, we have hundreds, nay thousands of them in the Nigerian polity. Religion is not the monopoly of upright living.

1 Like

Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by deols(f): 3:10pm On Aug 27, 2013
O ga o.

Una no go rest ontop this issue?

Fact is, no Muslim on NL has been proven to be violent. Christians have made similar 'threats'.

That we have not made a case out of it does not mean they are saints.

If Seun's statement adds any value to any of you's sleep, please accept my congratulations.
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by Nairatalks: 3:15pm On Aug 27, 2013
vedaxcool:

But had deols made a similar statement or had it been a muslim who made such a statement you would have used your entire energy to expose it as being lies, one would expect you use similar ethusiasm to challenge seun and expose him as being a liar! So go hound seun for making such a statement or do u believe it true that is why it is "disturbing" you? Smh in the same thread so many false allegations were made against muslim yet you simply kept shut, off course a "muslim" who readily swallows insults against muslims and Islam but is quick to criticize the comments of muslims about issues labeling their comments lies and falsehood clearly shows the sort of religion such a muslim practice!

Please, does this guy always make no sense like this?

Are you angry at me or something?

1 Like

Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by tpia5: 3:23pm On Aug 27, 2013
se oro seun l'esi ni?

op you better head to other sections eg politics, if you really want something to complain about.
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by deols(f): 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2013
Nairatalks:

As a new member here,
I truly find this disturbing. This comment was made by Seun on the religion section.

You would make a good experimental organism. I didnt want to say lab rat specimen..lol

How you feel comfortable with your lies need some examining. A new form of personality disorder could also be found out.

Faking names and identity and religion and all that...
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by ckkris: 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2013
deols:

Fact is,

no Muslim on NL has been proven to be violent.

Maclatunjihad is a latent and potential bomber, that is if Christians can be deceived to relax, believe the lie that Islam means peace. Maclatunjihad can strike when its safe for him to do so. They don't ever want to go to their virgins alone.
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by Nairatalks: 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
deols:

You would make a good experimental organism. I didnt want to say lab rat specimen..lol

How you feel comfortable with your lies need some examining. A new form of personality disorder could also be found out.

Faking names and identity and religion and all that...

What are you talking about? Have you gone bonkers?
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by deols(f): 3:38pm On Aug 27, 2013
ckkris:

Maclatunjihad is a latent and potential bomber, that is if Christians can be deceived to relax, believe the lie that Islam means peace. Maclatunjihad can strike when its safe for him to do so. They don't ever want to go to their virgins alone.

Prove it.
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by Nairatalks: 3:38pm On Aug 27, 2013
tpia@:
se oro seun l'esi ni?

op you better head to other sections eg politics, if you really want something to complain about.

Wow.....some weird people are on nairaland...
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by Nairatalks: 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2013
deols: O ga o.

Una no go rest ontop this issue?

Fact is, no Muslim on NL has been proven to be violent. Christians have made similar 'threats'.

That we have not made a case out of it does not mean they are saints.

If Seun's statement adds any value to any of you's sleep, please accept my congratulations.

hmmm
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by cleanvessel(m): 3:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
Who is deceiving who? Somebody can claim to be peaceful in words and do otherwise in deed. We can see what is happening all over the world, Nigeria not excempted.

''Islam is a religion of peace, if you say it is not, I will kill you''

5 Likes

Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by BetaThings: 4:49pm On Aug 27, 2013
Seun: Many Nairaland members and moderators are not anonymous. They could be attacked if something offensive posted on Nairaland isn't removed.

Watching too many movies
I hope you saw the threat by CAN against El Rufai? What do you make of it?
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by wonlasewonimi: 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2013
OP, do you think the owner of a site like this can run it without smoking skunk?

1 Like

Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by BetaThings: 4:56pm On Aug 27, 2013
cleanvessel: Who is deceiving who? Somebody can claim to be peaceful in words and do otherwise in deed. We can see what is happening all over the world, Nigeria not excempted.

With the arms you are exporting.
You are so peaceful, it took the EU to share things peacefully for you, winning the Nobel prize for peace in the process
Berlin Conference of 1885 was your deed. Ws it designed to bring peace to the world or oppression
All over the world? - Your deeds in Iraq are still reverberating!
The Vietnamese hate you
And you are forcibly converting people Latin America still

Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
Mathew 7:3

cleanvessel:
''Islam is a religion of peace, if you say it is not, I will kill you''

we must warn El-Rufai not to take Christians for granted and to inform him that it is with great difficulty that we have had to restrain our youths from taking the law into their hands; which by extension means bringing El-Rufai to justice [/b]on account of his incitement and insult against the Christian faith. [b]We may not be able to guarantee this restraint the next time he makes any other explosive statement that impugns on the Person of Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. He is, again, warned to desist from playing this dangerous and deadly game of Russian roulette

https://www.nairaland.com/1184643/cannot-guarantee-el-rufai-safety-next
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by tpia5: 5:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
wonlasewonimi: OP, do you think the owner of a site like this can run it without smoking skunk?

have to like this comment.
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by cleanvessel(m): 5:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
@ BetaThing

Why is everybody afraid of islam even on nairaland?
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by BetaThings: 5:41pm On Aug 27, 2013
cleanvessel: @ BetaThing

Why is everybody afraid of islam even on nairaland?
I am NOT afraid of Muslims; Tpia has implied somewhere he is not afraid of muslims, if I remember correctly
And your conduct shows that you don't fear us
I find Seun's comments revealing. It contradicts his statement and does not really show fear. Seun is actually saying "you guys say you are not violent, but you are actually violent and I fear you "
Nobody who truly fears contradicts the one he fears

If I had the powers, I would ban you (CV) and some of your associates for months and render your computer unusable on NL
Nothing beyond that. Vigilante justice is haram in Islam; otherwise anybody can accuse the man he lost a woman to of anything and proceed to harvest his scalp

But I fear the Christians who try to provoke me into saying that things that might amount to sin
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by tpia5: 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2013
BetaThings:
Tpia has implied somewhere he is not afraid of muslims, if I remember correctly

my brother, i fear anyone who should be feared, regardless of religious affiliation.

whether christian, muslim, pagan, etc, if its a fear-inducing person or persons, i will fear them o.

meaning someone being a christian doesnt mean i should not fear him or her, and someone being a muslim doesnt automatically mean i should.

however, cleanvessel is simply projecting,i would have used stronger language but its early in the morning and besides i dont want to be accused of derailing the thread [probably his intent].
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by vedaxcool(m): 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
Nairatalks:

Please, does this guy always make no sense like this?

Are you angry at me or something?

grin grin grin
"Maybe try reading with your eyes open, "logic"boy!
Omori hi uor halaqawa!
Re: What Are We To Make Of Seun’s Comment On Islam by tbaba1234: 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
Logicboy starts another silly thread.

1 Like

(1) (2)

Ansar -ud-deen Society Frowns at Gani's Late Burial / Clear Facts To Prove Why The Whole World Needs To Embrace Islam / Who Are The Ahl Al-bayt (Household) of The Holy Prophet (saws)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.