Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? (7333 Views)

Poll: Is Dora Akunyili still a woman of integrity?

Yes: 46% (41 votes)
No: 53% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Saraki’s Wife Affirms Her Integrity / Saraki’s Wife, Barr @toyinsaraki Affirms Her Integrity / 8-Month Old Baby Who Lost Her Arm In A Boko Haram Attack Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by anthony16(m): 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2009
It's a pity,she just went there to rubbish her reputation cry
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2009
yes. i indeed saw it coming the moment she accepted that ministerial post.
one thought just came to me: she has been bitten by the greediness malaise.
having stayed at nafdac for so long, she was hungry for greener pastures and
saw the ministerial job as her one last ditch opportunity to hit it big, so she grabbed
it with both hands. now, she'll do anything to keep that job. what a shame!
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by theoukpaa: 8:42pm On Sep 10, 2009
I was really shocked when she came to Gani's Lying in state and they told her she couldnt drive through a narrow path leading to the entrance,  Dora the Hitlar apparently refused to come down from her white Jeep until his Men in Black broke the baricade that all the Nigerian Commisioners, Ministers and service chiefs didnt break. All the dignitaries that came, including the Governors and Ex Presidents had to come down from their vehicle and walk to the entrance but Almighty Dora refused to come down and indirectly caught the attention of the Over 100 Lawyers and dignitaries present at the Wake keeping,  And this is How she wants to Rebrand Nigeria,  Shame on Her
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by qblaze(m): 10:51pm On Sep 10, 2009
@Theo,

Did you actually witness this or did your friend's friend fill you in?
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by kosovo(m): 12:04am On Sep 11, 2009
dora is just a waste of time
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by ndelta1(m): 12:25am On Sep 11, 2009
yes, she don lost her pride, c Ekiti re-run c her role when Mrs Adebayo disappear,

let be factual she has xchange her inte with moni
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by mustafar1: 3:05am On Sep 11, 2009
Touch not my annoited Dora the rebrander or ye shall be lampooned and called names like hater, PHD artist, beef monger, etc etc for she can do no wrong since she did way better than it is believed any of u would do if given the chance.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by emiemi(f): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2009
This truly depict the kind of nation that we presently have. Even when you have

the best of intention, once you get into power, corruption sets in (ala power corrupts,
absolute power corrupts absolutely).

She has dined with the devils in power, and she now knows she gotta play the game

in order to stay in the game.

I declare a state of emergency on the nation!!! cry
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by wiseguy(m): 10:41am On Sep 11, 2009
I am appalled when some of my Igbo brothers here tries to defend Dora because She's Igbo. For Goodness sake, Dora is Nigeria's information minister and not just an ordinary Igbo person. I can pardon any other "uninformed" Igbo person but not an Information Minister. Gani is a well known person across the length and breadth of this country. I was a very small kid when I knew Gani. So lets remove all tribal sentiments. Dora is an information minister and has all her lieutenants who can give her the correct information if she doesn't know. As someone rightly mentioned, if after pronouncing Gani's name wrongly and a foreign media starts to quote the same name, afterall its coming from our information minister.

So being Igbo or not is out of the question. Yes, she's my sister but I will never support her when she's wrong. And right now, she's on the wrong path.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by obidia(f): 10:55am On Sep 11, 2009
Well I've not seen the bad aspect that required u people calling her bad names.
But if at all her image is been tanished, i will state here categorically that

The federal Government has planned it, by giving her a post out of her profession.
That they (The federal government) will not want people to single her out of their selfish interests
thereby including her in matters that can ruin her integrity and prestige.

the hardworking woman is not to blame, cos from onset we all witnessed that she takes nothing for granted
During her tenure as NAFDAC Chief, she refused loads and loads of bribe, she always stand firm in her authority,

Nothing good comes from the federal government office
once you enter there you will be inflicted with that disease knowingly or unknowingly.

I bet that this woman knows what to do, but she's been engineered
by the Evil top men in the federal government.

[b][/b]
I want to agree with this speaker,she was purposely put where she is so she will mess up.Besides except you have the grace of God there is no way you can be there and not be influenced one way or the other.So many will temp you
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by ezeagu(m): 11:18am On Sep 11, 2009
She should have stayed in New York, it's not like she hasn't got anyother jobs she can be doing instead of patronising Nigerian's.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by wiseguy(m): 11:26am On Sep 11, 2009
The FG did not tie her there with a rope. If she did not want it she can resign. Ngozi resigned when she could not cope. It is always very good to keep your integrity intact in whatever you do. Its not easy in this nigerian climate, i agree, but those who do it elsewhere don't have 9 heads.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:10pm On Sep 11, 2009
abi o? she's just behaving as if that post is a do-or-die job!
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by iceland(m): 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2009
To me she a Big fool. I just don't why I now hate her so much (may God forgive me). I dislike her with passion! She has  not only lost her integrity she has lost her head too!
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by mployer(m): 12:55pm On Sep 11, 2009
he's already dead, anyone who strives to please nigerians. A bunch of negative-minded individuals.

people that only see the negative side of their fellow countrymen, the negative side of their country and even only the negative side of themselves

Ilove nigeria but I'm finding it difficult to love nigerians. How can you love someone that doesnt love himself? people that go on party because some policies are not working.

we've got lots sadists in this country; all these people making noise about Dora's loss of integrity are people that got infuriated at her rise to integrity sad

My father told me that when you go to a strange land and tell them there is no wise man in your land, you are also telling them you are a foolish man.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by ezeagu(m): 12:59pm On Sep 11, 2009
m-ployer:

he's already dead, anyone who strives to please nigerians. A bunch of negative-minded individuals.

people that only see the negative side of their fellow countrymen, the negative side of their country and even only the negative side of themselves

Ilove nigeria but I'm finding it difficult to love nigerians. How can you love someone that doesnt love himself? people that go on party because some policies are not working.

we've got  lots sadists in this country; all these people making noise about Dora's loss of integrity are people that got infuriated at her rise to integrity  sad

My father told me that when you go to a strange land and tell them there is no wise man in your land, you are also telling them you are a foolish man.

The trouble is that Nigeria is a state not a nation. Never was. Never will be one so there's no need for any 'Nigerians' to be patriotic.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by mployer(m): 1:19pm On Sep 11, 2009
The trouble is that Nigeria is a sate not a nation. Never was. Never will be one so there's no need for any 'Nigerians' to be patriotic.

If nigeria is a state as you just said, then let it be a patriotic one. its only a pattriotic state that can make patriotic nations when split.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2009
quit the semantics! a state, a nation, what difference does it make?
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by ezeagu(m): 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2009
George_D:

quit the semantics! a state, a nation, what difference does it make?

Well look at Nigeria's situation, see it, look harder, there's the difference.

nation
a large body of people, associated with a particular territory, that is sufficiently conscious of its unity to seek or to possess a government peculiarly its own:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nation

hmm.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
whether a nation, state or country, we're all together. full stop!
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by ezeagu(m): 5:03pm On Sep 11, 2009
George_D:

whether a nation, state or country, we're all together. full stop!

grin Let's see if the Chad basin reveals oil in the north, but apart from that I understand what your saying.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by iceland(m): 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2009
I dont know why some people are defending dora. She simply an egg turned bad! She's being used by the northerners and she will be ridiculed very soon just wait and see
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by unfaded(m): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2009
as much as i love to disagree with most of the posts,they re right.i've lost a lot ofrespect for her, nnow that she's even the spokes person for pdp.the press continually feast on her,especially on her daughters getting married to foreigners.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by chimii(f): 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2009
Dora is a big time sycophant. She is like any other Politician. I think with this her rebranding noise, she's losing more of the intergrity she built as NAFDAC Boss.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by sley4life(m): 10:04pm On Sep 11, 2009
Maybe
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by ndelta1(m): 8:55am On Sep 12, 2009
lets call a spade a spade, she is now diluted
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2009
no doubt, she's been diluted by corrupt waters. grin
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by zoraro(m): 5:08pm On Sep 13, 2009
[Quote]Stop the Ghana bashing, please

SIR: I am compelled to write to express serious concern about a couple of statements by some top Nigerian officials about Ghana in recent weeks. Last month, Defence Minister Godwin Abbe was quoted as saying, "the volume of water generated in Ghana is not enough to flush toilets in Lagos State, the number of teachers you have to pay salaries in the whole of Ghana is not more than Western Nigeria so that is that. And the whole of Ghanaian Armed Forces, if you choose to know, is not more than just two brigades of the Nigerian Armed Forces, period."

Only last weekend, Education Minister Sam Egwu was on national radio talking about the ongoing ASUU strike, and he made the most ridiculous assertion that all the university lecturers in Ghana will not be adequate for a single university in Nigeria! This is a blatant falsehood. Anyone who had been to the University of Ghana Legon (with a student population of more than 40,000), can testify to the fact that probably no university in Nigeria has more space and facilities than Legon. And there are at least five more public universities in Ghana. There are also a dozen privately-owned universities in Ghana, offering quality education to Ghanaians and foreigners alike, including a growing number of Nigerians.

And in the case of the defence minister, we do not know where he got his information from regarding the current strength of the Ghana armed forces. Needless to say that the Ghanaian military is one of the best trained on the continent and had performed exceptionally well in various international assignments. The entire first generation of Nigerian military officers, including Generals Olusegun Obasanjo, Hassan Katsina and Adebayo were all trained in Ghana. Ghanaian army generals have commanded UN troops in Lebanon, Liberia, Rwanda, Darfur, etc over the years.

[B]Information Minister Dora Akunyili also told a local television network at the end of August that the whole of Ghana is not even up to the size of Lagos! Even a child in kindergarten knows that to be untrue. Government officials, unlike private citizens, traditionally tend to be circumspect about what they say about other countries. Ghana is smaller than Nigeria, and I reckon everyone knows that as a fact. And it is certainly not the only country in the world that is smaller than Nigeria. Or is it? Or have Nigerian government officials only suddenly realised how 'small' Ghana is?[/b]

Our concern really is that such reckless and unguarded comments could have grave implications for bilateral relations and derail efforts by leaders of the two countries to forge strong bilateral ties. We think President Umaru Yar'Adua should call his ministers to order. The Ghana bashing must stop! Ghana is a well-respected member of the international community, and deserves respect from Nigerians, particularly top government officials.

Nana Yaw Aboagye,
Ghana High Commission,
Abuja, FCT[/quote]
[url=http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/letters/article03//indexn3_html?pdate=090909&ptitle=Stop%20the%20Ghana%20bashing,%20please&cpdate=090909]Source:[/url]

Our distinguished minister of (Dis)information is not even as knowledgeable as a child in kindergarten.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2009
please allow her to keep messing herself up. i know with hindsight where all
this will end grin
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by OneTouch1(m): 11:26pm On Sep 13, 2009
Really Disappointing. angry to think that Dora of all people would prefer to go the wide route. Really something is wrong with the whole nigerian administration and this yar'adua sef, what is he doing about all this angry sad Maybe his wife should take over lipsrsealed
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by Nezan(m): 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2009
make una allow the woman na.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2009
yes. we go 'allow her'. but know it that she's only digging her political grave
by all these bootliking she's into.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights / Sahara Reporters - Are They Corrupt? / Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.