Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Are Germany The Best International Team Ever? Ranking History's Best Nations - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Are Germany The Best International Team Ever? Ranking History's Best Nations (384 Views)

Nigeria Is The Coolest World Cup Team Ever / Are Germany In-sane, Jorgi Low Drops Leory Sane Out Of World Cup Squad / France Pip England As Most Expensive National Team Ever, Valued At £1billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Germany The Best International Team Ever? Ranking History's Best Nations by jerupil: 7:48am On Jul 07, 2016
Euro 2016
News
Matches
Teams
Goal
All News
All Scores
Transfers
English
Back
Bahasa
Bosanski
Deutsch
English
Español
Français
Hrvatski
Italiano
Magyar
Nederlands
Türkçe
العربية
ไทย

PORTUGAL
SANTOS: I'VE ALWAYS SEEN PORTUGAL AS A GREAT TEAM
Sacha Pisani
00:29 SHARE 1
AFP

After drawing five times in a row after 90 minutes a 2-0 reverse of Wales gave the Lusitanians an excellent win, but their coach is not concerned by 'ugly' criticism

Fernando Santos insisted he has always rated Portugal as a "great team "after they advanced to the Euro 2016 final amid criticism over their style of play.
Portugal moved a step closer to avenging their defeat in the 2004 final with a 2-0 victory against high-flying Wales in Lyon on Wednesday.
In a match billed Cristiano Ronaldo versus Gareth Bales, the Portugal captain came out on top as he opened the scoring in the 50th minute - equalising Michel Platini's record of nine goals at European Championships - before Nani sealed the win three minutes later.
Portugal's win ended a run of five consecutive draws in regulation, which sparked scrutiny among past players and pundits for their "ugly" football throughout the tournament.
But speaking after Portugal's triumph, Santos said: "I've always seen Portugal as a great team.

"Sometimes we played pretty football, other times not as pretty but I think our game against Croatia was amazing - it was very strategic game.
"We've been doing what we should do, according to me. We don't care if it's pretty or not.
"Today was a prettier game and that's good for all those watching."
Awaiting Portugal in the Euro 2016 final will be either hosts France or Germany, with Santos adding: "Sunday will be the highest point my career. Professionally speaking there are lots of there moment but personally it's my flag, my fatherland. From a personal point of view it's very important.
"As for the opponents, I'm not even thinking about that yet. Two very strong teams face off tomorrow. I will try and watch the game very attentively. Afterwards will analyse the opposition.
"We are in it to win it and I'll set up the team with the best possible strategy."
COMMENTS (1)
Next article:
Are Germany the best international team ever? Ranking history's best nations

GERMANY
ARE GERMANY THE BEST INTERNATIONAL TEAM EVER? RANKING HISTORY'S BEST NATIONS
Miles Chambers
07:00 SHARE 0
Getty

Goal takes a look at the most successful countries in the international arena and reveals which is the greatest of all time

Germany are set to play their sixth consecutive major tournament semi-final on Thursday, battling with hosts France in Marseille.
The world champions are certainly no newcomers to international success. But, when the numbers are crunched, where do Germany rank in the top 10 greatest national teams since the World Cup began in 1930?
In calculating who the best international team in history is, Goal gave the following points allocation…
World Cup – 4 for final win, 3 for runners up, 2 for semis, 1 for last eight
Euros – 3 for final win, 2 for runners up, 1 for semis
Copa America (last 14 editions) – 3 for final win, 2 for runners up, 1 for semis... . <<<< continue reading >>> www.9jasportbet..com

(1) (Reply)

List Of Russians Banned From Rio Olympic Competition / Meet Polish And Leicester City's New Signing Batosz Kapustka . / Rio 2016 Olympics Officially Kicks Off As Nigeria National Anthem Got Mixed Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.