Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,180 members, 7,835,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler (27231 Views)

Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) / 16-Year-Old Onitsha Boy Manufactures Stove That Uses Battery Or Charcoal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by iaamxavier(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
marycool18:

wink
angry did u check it?
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2016
I knw is the same government that fund the universities....and Nigerians are not intellectually lazy...fact.
mrvitalis:

Must the government do it??
Why can't cooperate bodies.. See the business in this an buy the idea and mass produce it for profit??
Why must we wait for government for everything.. . Can't universities ask the industries there major challenges and research on those? ?
Please Nigerians are just intellectually lazy and that's a fact... Can't wait to just kick start my self

1 Like

Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by UuzbaGuuzba: 2:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
marycool18:
Saw dust comes from wood, wood comes from trees hewn down, hewn down trees is not good for the ecosystem. So literally we need more sawdust to fire this steam power plant and the cycle continues..

Lord have mercy. tongue

As per... petrol, diesel dey do yanga for us these days. Better to get some alternative power sources ready now, before we begin to hear English and French that we won't understand tomorrow.

Kodos to him. Victorian Era things.

1 Like

Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by UuzbaGuuzba: 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
mrvitalis:
And for the record this is not new and there is nothing innovative about this... Infact this is old technology and the only thing he did is just fabrication which is not the work of an engineer. .. ...
We need to stop celebrating mediocracy in this country... A child build a toy car or the likes.. . Government should pick him up... I ask for what? ?
Go to PRODA enugu and see what real engineering is all about... PRODA built an electric car and yet we didn't hear a word about it
PRODA designed how to produce the ceramic plate we import from China and no one had it

Please if we engineers see something innovative we would appreciate

It is easier to create this wood fired boiler than to create an entire oil rig. Guy is thinking ahead. NDA are bombing on and on. Too much trouble in oil sector.

In case of total shutdown, this one can be used till oil sector stabilises again or we create a workable solution to oil proceeds distribution in Nigeria.
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
marycool18:
Saw dust comes from wood, wood comes from trees hewn down, hewn down trees is not good for the ecosystem. So literally we need more sawdust to fire this steam power plant and the cycle continues..

Lord have mercy. tongue

He can as well use Coal that has low carbon content to fire the boiler...a nice project,if l may say...kudos bro

2 Likes

Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by kenoz(m): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
Great
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by mojounited(m): 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
Cogeneration?
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by ubiquitousade(m): 2:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
marycool18:

Lord have mercy. tongue

your are correct, it could be an invention but it is not needed cos it will cause much more problem

1 Like

Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
Taryur3:
This is the first hausa boy that make use of his brain to invent good thing.others na bomb brain dem get.

Nyamiri is always nyamiri, I salute ur s2pdity

1 Like

Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by abatisegun: 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
marycool18:

Lord have mercy. tongue
then what can u say about all furnitures?

1 Like

Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by Bimpe29: 3:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Creativity is power.
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by Taryur3(m): 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
Kabir2Mohammad:

Nyamiri is always nyamiri, I salute ur s2pdity
Lols...am sure that a daft boy like you will quote me.
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by Idoko619(m): 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
ds stuff I use to pass everyday whl running 4 Monday mrnin lecture.... Futmx we d represent.
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by EazyMoh(m): 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
marycool18:

Lord have mercy. tongue
Actually sawdust is considered a waste as most of it goes into land filling. A few percentage is used for stove fuel and saw dust particle boards (I did a similar project). The Trees are not gonna be cut down and shredded to generate fuel for the steam engine, no. It's the by-product from saw mills that is gonna be re-used. Am sure you know power generation is more valuable than land filling.

1 Like

Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by Immarshall: 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
Taryur3:
This is the first hausa boy that make use of his brain to invent good thing.others na bomb brain dem get.

congratulations for being the dumbest person i've encountered online today,FISH BRAIN

2 Likes

Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by banmee(m): 3:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
mrvitalis:

Why can't cooperate bodies.. See the business in this an buy the idea and mass produce it for profit??
Why must we wait for government for everything.. . Can't universities ask the industries there major challenges and research on those? ?
Please Nigerians are just intellectually lazy and that's a fact... Can't wait to just kick start my self

Because the idea is not new and is practically useless in today's world. It is like trying to take us a 100 years back. How do you think trains and ships used to move around a 100 years ago? It is not efficient and it polutes the earth. No thank you.
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by DedeNkem: 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
Recreating a morevthan four-centuries old technology shouldn't be appluaded as a new or great invention.

Furthermore, this thing is bad for our climate! It contributes to the global warming.

He should invent a clean energy power plant of the future not an ancient technology!
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by Mykcool(m): 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2016
marycool18:

Lord have mercy. tongue
definitely not eco-friendly
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by Taryur3(m): 3:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
Immarshall:

congratulations for being the dumbest person i've encountered online today,FISH BRAIN
Lols.fool number 2 captured.
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by abdeiz(m): 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
360frolic:
PHOTO: Nigerian Student Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler

A FUTMINNA Student, Zakari Abubakar Designed and fabricated A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust (Biomass) to fire boiler.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/07/photo-nigerian-student-creates-steam.html

This was s masters projects that was completed a long time ago and kept near the school's engineering workshop.
Its a pity that its just being noticed now after all these years of neglect
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by bigmo1(m): 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2016
How much steam pressure can this boiler generate? This technology is as old as Methuselah himself. We should be talking about clean-energy powered steam boilers.
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by guiddoti: 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2016
darlenese:
I hope all the trees in Nija won't be brought down to get sawdust
déforestation b dat now. you must b an environmentalist

1 Like

Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by LordofNaija: 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nigeria is completelydoomed. I'm off to Niger.
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by Kobicove(m): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Steam power plant?

The word "Steam" as used here is rather redundant cos essentially all power plants generate steam which is used to drive a turbine...

The only exceptions are possible Aero-derivative gas turbines...

Showing a picture of a 'box' does not prove that this is a new invention or anything spectacular we need to see the internal mechanisms to be able to assess if indeed the design is revolutionary or something that is already in existence undecided undecided
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by simplekalu88(m): 6:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
having checked the name, this equipment needs proper scrutiny to avoid stories that touch. bh can use any means..
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by pepigeorge(m): 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
I just know say na only backward hausa ppl go invent this kind machine. ...u for create the one wen go dey use cattle shit..... rat backward invention
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by Tedassie(m): 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
martineverest:
are we in medievial era?

The combustion energy of saw dust is very low and d output will be less dat a quater of 'i better-pass-my-neigbhour' generator
True,instead that sawdust being used as fuel can be recycled into another useful by product.

But a question arises....where's the technological innovation to even make that possible?so that's a challenge.
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by blazerinno(m): 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
marycool18:

Lord have mercy. tongue
true... and on a large scale, it's seriously detrimental to the ecosystem since it's burning of wood and hence the sawdust should be treated as fossil fuel instead of biomass since it's not going through the normal sawdust biomass conversion which is the production of syn gas.like one op said we need to catch up with the world in terms of tech n engineering...science n tech has left the place where we are to bigger things...no need for unnecessary rave.be importantly intelligent...
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
mrvitalis:

Yes the government has a major role to play here. When government begin to use such talents, they help create innovation and bring the best. They come up with policies that will encourage local production and invariably employment . Why do think foreign companies import personal from outside? Are you telling me that Nigerians can't perform those task that requires foreign experts?
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by fitinwell: 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
360frolic:
PHOTO: Nigerian Student Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler

A FUTMINNA Student, Zakari Abubakar Designed and fabricated A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust (Biomass) to fire boiler.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/07/photo-nigerian-student-creates-steam.html

[size=18pt]Am not dumb Op... Show us how many megawatts or kilowatts, this crabs generates before it made front page.. [/size]
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by mrvitalis(m): 7:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Yes the government has a major role to play here. When government begin to use such talents, they help create innovation and bring the best. They come up with policies that will encourage local production and invariably employment . Why do think foreign companies import personal from outside? Are you telling me that Nigerians can't perform those task that requires foreign experts?
U are not an engineer so u won't understand
Re: Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
mrvitalis:

U are not an engineer so u won't understand
Even if am not an engineer, I know that most top industrialized nations got their support from government. Japan and China are very good examples. India is even joining the trend too little did I wonder why most us go there for treatment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5-Yr-Old He Yide Is The Youngest Pilot In The World / I Teach You How To Build An Inverter With With The Battery Charger And How To Build The Transformer. / NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.