Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,453 members, 7,830,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

The Irony Of The Offender - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Irony Of The Offender (654 Views)

The Church Vs The Betting Houses: The Irony Of The 21st Century / The Offended Who Died For The Offender. / How Can You Claim That You're A Real Igbo Yoruba or Hausa? The Irony! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Irony Of The Offender by ogbus: 10:47pm On Sep 09, 2009
"Many people harbor hostility against an offender who is not aware of the very offence" [Chris Ogbu]

'seyi did not answer my greetings because I did not do her job' Melvin told his friend in October 2008, but when Melvin went up to seyi, to

express what he felt, there was a different story contrary to what he thought about Seyi as she did not hear the greeting neither was she

angry in any way for anything. She did not even remember the job issue because it was very far from her priority, yet Melvin had nursed
bitterness against her for just no reason but prejudice.
The question is that 'who is now the offender', Seyi or Melvin?.
To this end, we must be mindful of the words we speak against one another as God may not take such as an error. We must be careful of things we say about our leaders and those in place of authority.
It is possible to quote someone of what he did not say, a force allegation could destroy so much and would be too late to correct, but God would have ruled on His decision.Don't destroy your destiny for careless words and acts. Ponder on these words. Thank you.
Re: The Irony Of The Offender by iyin(f): 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2009
I think both Melvin and Seyi acted foolish. A matured mind will never act the way they both acted. If I was in thier shoes i will just go striaght way to my offender and tell him/her the offence and feel free. After

(1) (Reply)

1000s Are Going / Valentine Day / The Right Attitude In Approaching God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.