Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

They Are Both Of AS Genotype And Madly In Love, Should They Still Get Married? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / They Are Both Of AS Genotype And Madly In Love, Should They Still Get Married? (5660 Views)

3 Ways To Talk To A Girl That Would Make Her Fall madly In Love With You / She Called Me Ugly, Yet She Is Madly In Love With Me!!! / 13 Signs That Make You Know That Your Man Is Madly In Love With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Are Both Of AS Genotype And Madly In Love, Should They Still Get Married? by ericlove4all: 9:33am On Aug 07, 2016
Shehucom:
Hello Nairalanders.
I sincerely need your advice and expert opinion and "experience " if any on this. I have this very good friend of mine who has been in a serious relationship for over five years now. They however had plans of getting married by next year, but then early this year they decided to go for a blood test where it was revealed they are both of the AS genotype. This has affected her real hard as she's almost 36. she has rejected many suitors just to be with this guy. The guy his an orphan hustling and making it on his own. The issue on ground is the girls family, despite the willingness of the girl to stick with her Man, her mum insisted it's not gonna work for the risk of having an SS genotyped child. she's so worried and don't know what to do, she doesn't wish to start a new relationship over again as she felt she's not getting any younger(her junior ones are married with kids).
What are the chances of having a SS genotyped child if she defies all odds to marry him? I need your advice pls

Sincerely as a doctor I won't advice marriage btw As and As. I have seen many Ss suffering and dying causing a lot of problems for the family concerned. There are lots of pain seeing your child as an Ss suffering with all the different complications associated with HbSs. But if dey bent on getting married they need d following :
1. Rich I mean wealthy enough to foot Medical bills
2. Compromise on some ethical standards on abortion
3. Be ready to undergo prenatal screening once pregnant at about 13week to detect weda the baby is Ss
4. Ready to abort all Ss baby if dey can't go through the stress of caring for one.

There are now centres in Nigeria ( even in ikeja) for fetal screening if unborn baby is Ss but still very expensive.

I have a patient currently with such dilemma. She had 3 Ss children - 1 died and just 1 As children. She is currently pregnant with twins but 1 of the twins is Ss from the fetal screening done 2 weeks ago.

So dey should properly weigh the options and make informed decision.
Re: They Are Both Of AS Genotype And Madly In Love, Should They Still Get Married? by Kobicove(m): 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2016
danduchi:
Like I said to a similar topic and I repeat again... There's a new solution for AS genotype couple going into marriage for fear of having children with SS. A medical technique is in place where a donor AA transfer bone marrow to an SS children and the genotype changes...

Is the medical procedure done free? undecided
Re: They Are Both Of AS Genotype And Madly In Love, Should They Still Get Married? by Sexyjennys50(f): 12:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
If your friend is Truly in Love and they can afford the Bone Marrow Transplant surgery, i think they can go ahead and get married.
Here in the United States it's becoming less an issue, but if they can't afford it please advice her to quit, pray and wait for another man(AA) to come her way.

1 Like

Re: They Are Both Of AS Genotype And Madly In Love, Should They Still Get Married? by Shehucom(m): 10:09pm On Aug 07, 2016
ericlove4all:

Sincerely as a doctor I won't advice marriage btw As and As. I have seen many Ss suffering and dying causing a lot of problems for the family concerned. There are lots of pain seeing your child as an Ss suffering with all the different complications associated with HbSs. But if dey bent on getting married they need d following :
1. Rich I mean wealthy enough to foot Medical bills
2. Compromise on some ethical standards on abortion
3. Be ready to undergo prenatal screening once pregnant at about 13week to detect weda the baby is Ss
4. Ready to abort all Ss baby if dey can't go through the stress of caring for one.

There are now centres in Nigeria ( even in ikeja) for fetal screening if unborn baby is Ss but still very expensive.

I have a patient currently with such dilemma. She had 3 Ss children - 1 died and just 1 As children. She is currently pregnant with twins but 1 of the twins is Ss from the fetal screening done 2 weeks ago.

So dey should properly weigh the options and make informed decision.

Thanks Doc
Re: They Are Both Of AS Genotype And Madly In Love, Should They Still Get Married? by Dinah247: 7:19pm On Aug 16, 2021
Re: They Are Both Of AS Genotype And Madly In Love, Should They Still Get Married? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2021
I won't advice them to go on with that marriage plan unless they want to subject their kids to future health and psychological issues that comes with being an ss.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Sleep With My Best Friend / Pls Yorubas Help Me Translate This To English / Drake's Gods Plan In Nigeria (funny Memes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.