Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,397 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. (2575 Views)

Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest / Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group / Jonathan’s PDP Peace Meeting Ends In Disarray (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by Swiftlee(m): 6:29pm On Jul 09, 2016
After reading a pathetic write up by a nairalander about his state Ebonyi through www.nairaland.com/3213807/weep-state-ebonyi-wisdomkosi I was so sad, down casted, frustrated and confused at the state of governance and insensitivity majorlly on those we call our leaders/representatives.

I am an indigene of Kogi state residing in the same state. I must confess that the state is one of the most unlucky not because we dont have resources but with sets of leaders so far since creation in 1991. The state has so far been governed by selfish people neglecting the plight for which they are elected with reckless abandon. This is a strategically located state with several Nigerians plying through because it is the Confluence state where Niger and Benue meets and also a state that merges some northern and southern states at least 11 states share boundary with it.

Recently Governorship poll was conducted and the people in the state where happy chasing the immediate past governor away because he was lazy in terms of the civil service welfare. He owed a month salary before each month is paid. What I mean is, one month is usually outstanding when salaries for the present month is paid. The workers got furious and also happy he left at least they would get paid it time since the new man is young and Nigerians have been crying for when youths will lead us.

We all know and fully aware of political pandemonium in Kogi that brought Yaya Bello the present head of the state. No need to tell all those stories any more. When came like a gentle man looking for who to help, but now, Kogi State is in disarray.

Few months into his administration, he commenced a screening that has not come to an end till date. The annoying part is, he is owing all state workers 7months salary. I mean 7 months sir/ma. Well, the bail out of 50Billion naira has been approved and 20Billion has been paid to the states account of which the governor acknowledges. www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/202721-cbn-approves-n20-billion-bailout-kogi.html What type of wickedness is this? The whole state has been on strike for months and there seems to be no head way soon because workers are demanding for their rights and the state has remained adamant to their plea.

Please, how can a governor spend, sorry squander Millions naira on just a day's birthday anniversary? When his states workers are starving?
This governor wants to remove everybody that is remaining 5years to retire and those employed since 2010 till date. I have never seen such before. In this type of economy where things are hard these and more are happening in my dear state. Just feeling angry and frustrated because no body is saying anything not even the upper house is calling anybody to other. May God help us.

4 Likes

Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ehya. Take heart eh. Time for me to weep for delta over the reverse mode we find ourselves.

Anyway console yourself with the posts in my signature

1 Like

Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by demiladegold(f): 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2016
kogi mi o
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
Chai, Nna it shall be well.

God, may i neva weep for Anambra.

I cant imagine staying off a months salary talk more of Six months. I'd turn skeleton na.

I wish the Damm Govs are on NL. They should and need to feel d pulse.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by eyeview: 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
Yahaya Bello has turned out a very colossal disappointment. As a youngman of 40 with a fairly successful business,I had believed that this is a youngman was going to be an epitome of youthful governance and modern governance and industralization.
A man whose emergence as governor defied a long held seizure of power by a particular tribe(igala),one would have thought that he'll be eager to make a difference with accelerated development.
His ineptitude has made me come to two theories
1,Kogi's case might be spiritual. It doesn't matter who is sworn in and his intentions
2,APC candidates are synonymous with suffering and hardship. Once again,it doesn't matter who he is and his intentions

3 Likes

Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by jamace(m): 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2016
Swiftlee:
After reading a pathetic write up by a nairalander about his state Ebonyi through www.nairaland.com/3213807/weep-state-ebonyi-wisdomkosi I was so sad, down casted, frustrated and confused at the state of governance and insensitivity majorlly on those we call our leaders/representatives.

I am an indigene of Kogi state residing in the same state. I must confess that the state is one of the most unlucky not because we dont have resources but with sets of leaders so far since creation in 1991. The state has so far been governed by selfish people neglecting the plight for which they are elected with reckless abandon. This is a strategically located state with several Nigerians plying through because it is the Confluence state where Niger and Benue meets and also a state that merges some northern and southern states at least 11 states share boundary with it.

Recently Governorship poll was conducted and the people in the state where happy chasing the immediate past governor away because he was lazy in terms of the civil service welfare. He owed a month salary before each month is paid. What I mean is, one month is usually outstanding when salaries for the present month is paid. The workers got furious and also happy he left at least they would get paid it time since the new man is young and Nigerians have been crying for when youths will lead us.

We all know and fully aware of political pandemonium in Kogi that brought Yaya Bello the present head of the state. No need to tell all those stories any more. When came like a gentle man looking for who to help, but now, Kogi State is in disarray.

Few months into his administration, he commenced a screening that has not come to an end till date. The annoying part is, he is owing all state workers 7months salary. I mean 7 months sir/ma. Well, the bail out of 50Billion naira has been approved and 20Billion has been paid to the states account of which the governor acknowledges. www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/202721-cbn-approves-n20-billion-bailout-kogi.html What type of wickedness is this? The whole state has been on strike for months and there seems to be no head way soon because workers are demanding for their rights and the state has remained adamant to their plea.

Please, how can a governor spend, sorry squander Millions naira on just a day's birthday anniversary? When his states workers are starving?
This governor wants to remove everybody that is remaining 5years to retire and those employed since 2010 till date. I have never seen such before. In this type of economy where things are hard these and more are happening in my dear state. Just feeling angry and frustrated because no body is saying anything not even the upper house is calling anybody to other. May God help us.

OP, thanks for your post.

Questions for you.
1. How many months salary was Gov Wada owing workers before you chased him out? Be sincere to man and God.
2. Can you swear to the god of your fathers that Gov Yahaya Bello is owing ALL WORKERS 7 months salary as at today (because you posted this today)?
3. Why are MOST civil servants in Kogi state against the screening out of ghost workers?

OP, your answers to above questions will lead to my next comment, Waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by smiledee: 8:23pm On Jul 09, 2016
I think yaya bello is technically sacking the civil servants in the State
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by Tunami(m): 8:25pm On Jul 09, 2016
Is like ''i weep for my state'' is the current trend on Nl, anyway me no fit weep for any state, cos if i weep for my state who want weep for me? NO JOYLOVE.
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by daviddagreat: 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2016
jamace:

Questions for you.
1. How many months salary was Gov Wada owing workers before you chased him out? Be sincere to man and God.
2. Can you swear to the god of your fathers that Gov Yahaya Bello is owing ALL WORKERS 7 months salary as at today (because you posted this today)?
3. Why are MOST civil servants in Kogi state against the screening out of ghost workers?

really dats ur defence

In a few days KSU strike wud b up to a 3months the longest strike by the ASSU at state level. I can tell u dat cos I was a student there

He said it was due to lack of funds now the bail out is here wat is he using it for, to host birthday party I guess.
point out any meaningful project he has embarked since assumption of office
just like the op said he is a disappointment

FYI am not from kogi so am not sympathetic to any tribe or party

I hope you drop all sentiments and call a spade a spade
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
Kogi issue is quite pathetic!

EFCC and ICPC must hear us, Gov. Bello must
explain whereabouts of N20b Bailout Fund and the N13.11b he received from federation Account in 6
Months. what happen to IGR from january to date?

This suplementary gov is nothing but a one chance, civil servants are on strike even banks in kogi state are on strike too due to his dubious attitude.
www.savidnews.com/atm-abandoned-business-grounded-as-workers-banks-strike-hit-day-4-in-kogi/?

1 Like

Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by jamace(m): 9:58pm On Jul 09, 2016
daviddagreat:

really dats ur defence

In a few days KSU strike wud b up to a 3months the longest strike by the ASSU at state level. I can tell u dat cos I was a student there

He said it was due to lack of funds now the bail out is here wat is he using it for, to host birthday party I guess.
point out any meaningful project he has embarked since assumption of office
just like the op said he is a disappointment

FYI am not from kogi so am not sympathetic to any tribe or party

I hope you drop all sentiments and call a spade a spade
Hmm, you disappointed me for seeking bailout fund to be paid to ghost workers. Do you know we have the highest number of ghost workers in the schools in Kogi State?
From all indications, you have not held any leadership position before hence you lack ideas on management of resources. Gov Bello is on course. If money is paid to ghost workers, what will he use to develop the state.
My friend, don't disappoint your level of education.

1 Like

Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by Junior66(m): 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2016
jamace:

Questions for you.

That path you want to tow, u wnt survice it.
2. Yahaya Bello doesn't owe ALL workers 3 months salaries but he owes most of dem for that duration. My Mum was paid january and feb. 9k and 5k respectively as against about 110k so she is still owed 7 months technically. Note that most workers are in the same sitaution.
3. Why wn't workers be against any form of screening that eliminates genuine workers? Are u a worker urself? put urseld in their shoes. my cousin has worked for more than 20yrs but was stil screened out!

1 Like

Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by Junior66(m): 10:11pm On Jul 09, 2016
jamace:

Hmm, you disappointed me for seeking bailout fund to be paid to ghost workers. Do you know we have the highest number of ghost workers in the schools in Kogi State?
From all indications, you have not held any leadership position before hence you lack ideas on management of resources. Gov Bello is on course. If money is paid to ghost workers, what will he use to develop the state.

ghost workers like my cousin and uncles that retired or are almost retiring? or the state NLC chairman that was screened out?

1 Like

Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by Swiftlee(m): 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2016
jamace:

Questions for you.

Sir,
1. He was owing 1 month before the elections, after elections it became two in December. The fact is: he was owing before he was voted out.

2.Why should I be swearing to my fathers of what is obvious? No need flogging a dead horse. He is owning 7 months, In fact more because he was supposed to pay more almost two years of half and 1 quarter salary payments of some civil servants in the state. Please, just in case you ask me he is not Wada that did not pay then ?! It is Wada that applied for the bailout and would have paid all by now if he was the one in office. Besides, all woes should also be inherited if he does not do better.

3. Sir, no body is against the screening sir. What the state is against are the selfish and inhumane motives of the screening. How will a sane person screen out somebody who has served the state for 30 years? How will eject people who where legitimately employed in the last 5 years? Is that fair? What is you have a family and you are the only source of sustenance for 7 months no pay! Fair?

Sir, if you are not a Bello sympathizer when last where you pay? Say the truth! How much did he sell his house beside the government house to the state? How much did he purchase the last SUV? Well if you are not from Kogi state you can check Kogireports for the details.

What if you get a text message tomorrow that a bank account has been opened on your behalf without prior knowledge from any body? You just received the account number. Will you be free yo use it? Brother, ethically it is wrong besides that's privacy violation. Well, there are more happening in the state. These are just ways to loot the state. All banks are on strike except Zenith and Access where the Bailout funds has been fixed. Sir, it takes nothing from me to lie, besides not critical time we are in Kogi. Cheers
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by eyeview: 11:11pm On Jul 09, 2016
This is sad indeed. Maybe its time for the whole state to fast and cry out to God to remove this man(alive or dead).
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by jamace(m): 11:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
Junior66:

ghost workers like my cousin and uncles that retired or are almost retiring? or the state NLC chairman that was screened out?
Let the state NLC chairman say the truth. He had many accounts from which he was collecting state funds. Thus, he is a ghost worker in all but one accounts. I pray the gov has the balls to make public the report of the screening committee and you will weep for Kogi State.
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by jamace(m): 11:30pm On Jul 09, 2016
Swiftlee:

Sir,
1. He was owing 1 month before the elections, after elections it became two in December. The fact is: he was owing before he was voted out.

2.Why should I be swearing to my fathers of what is obvious? No need flogging a dead horse. He is owning 7 months, In fact more because he was supposed to pay more almost two years of half and 1 quarter salary payments of some civil servants in the state. Please, just in case you ask me he is not Wada that did not pay then ?! It is Wada that applied for the bailout and would have paid all by now if he was the one in office. Besides, all woes should also be inherited if he does not do better.

3. Sir, no body is against the screening sir. What the state is against are the selfish and inhumane motives of the screening. How will a sane person screen out somebody who has served the state for 30 years? How will eject people who where legitimately employed in the last 5 years? Is that fair? What is you have a family and you are the only source of sustenance for 7 months no pay! Fair?

Sir, if you are not a Bello sympathizer when last where you pay? Say the truth! How much did he sell his house beside the government house to the state? How much did he purchase the last SUV? Well if you are not from Kogi state you can check Kogireports for the details.

What if you get a text message tomorrow that a bank account has been opened on your behalf without prior knowledge from any body? You just received the account number. Will you be free yo use it? Brother, ethically it is wrong besides that's privacy violation. Well, there are more happening in the state. These are just ways to loot the state. All banks are on strike except Zenith and Access where the Bailout funds has been fixed. Sir, it takes nothing from me to lie, besides not critical time we are in Kogi. Cheers

First, You are not sincere with the information about how many months Wada owed workers before he left office. Wada cannot because of one month debt to workers apply for N50billion bailout. Haba, my friend.
Already, I have noticed your biased mind towards Bello for what ever reason I don;t know so our discussion cannot bring out the truth, just like most workers are against the screening exercise which has become difficult to conclude because most of them are collecting salaries in more than 1 capacity.
I know Bello has shortcomings but we must tell the truth whenever he does well and and criticise where he is not doing well. I hate TOTAL lies just because you want to run somebody down.

NB: I'm not a Bello sympathiser. Only want the truth to be told to set the record straight. Damaging a persons personality with lies for ulterior motive is a grievous sin. Thanks.
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by Swiftlee(m): 12:34am On Jul 10, 2016
jamace:

First, You are not sincere with the information about how many months Wada owed workers before he left office. Wada cannot because of one month debt to workers apply for N50billion bailout. Haba, my friend.
Already, I have noticed your biased mind towards Bello for what ever reason I don;t know so our discussion cannot bring out the truth, just like most workers are against the screening exercise which has become difficult to conclude because most of them are collecting salaries in more than 1 capacity.
I know Bello has shortcomings but we must tell the truth whenever he does well and and criticise where he is not doing well. I hate TOTAL lies just because you want to run somebody down.

NB: I'm not a Bello sympathiser. Only want the truth to be told to set the record straight. Damaging a persons personality with lies for ulterior motive is a grievous sin. Thanks.
Sir, you know those are the truth. Wada was owning two whole months besides the percentages he was paying majorly the LGA's. You can go back and read my previous comments where I laid emphasis. It is on that verge he made the proposal for the 50Billion bail out. You are also not sincere with your perspectives of the situation. The screening was a success though some people wanted to fuel rejection when the Governor wanted to start because of those who had skeletons to hide. Well, why wont the Governor publish the names of the ghost workers if they are truely ghost and he is sincere as you are?? Why did he later publish some names and left out other legitimately employed workers as advised by Gen. Oguntimo to reduce work force though he sacked him when people wanted to agitate? Sir, you know the whole exercise did not start on a sincere note.

Well, am not against his personality but against his actions, not tarnishing his image but reporting issues as they are and citizens of Kogi state are my witness. Besides, the truth?is his image is already tarnished even without me saying the obvious. Some pensioners that are collecting 27K, 20K, 30K, some 15K have not seen shishi since january if not till last week. The Gov. is my witness too grin Wada was not a saint but people did not cry of 3 months no pay at least half bread is better than none.. but now January till July. we understand that the economy is dwindling. Where is the bail out? Besides, He has gotten all the evidences of the screening he wants what else is he waiting for? Please, tell him. I feel you are close to him. I am close to the grass root and I know where the shoe pinches.

You need to be fully abreast of the situation in Kogi if you are not from here. If you are and you enjoy seeing people suffer this way and want to shut their mouth by labelling them unsincere people, my brother. You need Change, but not the change we are experiencing. Cheers.
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by OnucheAdams: 2:21am On Jul 10, 2016
jamace:

Questions for you.

1. Wada legitimately owed workers one month's salary before left office. The extra month owed was due to NLC's insistence that he pay them in full, when in fact, the allocation could only cover circa 60% of the workers wages. In previous months, he relied on an overdraft from banks to meet up with the shortfall, but seeing that he was no longer Governor, the banks in turn refused to grant further overdrafts for fear of not being paid by Bello's Govt.

2. The problem with Bello's payment plan is that he has failed to make a clear distinction between salaries and pensions due from the bailout and those due from the monthly allocations. Bear in mind that the essence of the bailout was to cater for salary and pension arrears incurred by the State Government, dating back to Audu's first coming as Governor. Therefore any reference to bailout funds is supposed to address the backlog incurred prior to Bello's sojourn as Governor. Bello's total outstanding total 5 months and if you factor in the carryover of 2 months from Wada's time, it brings the total outstanding to 7 months. What's imperative to point out is that Bello can't claim to inherit an empty treasury from Wada, as he and his associates (most of whom are Bankers) had used their contacts to deny Wada the opportunity to access The State's funds prior to his exit. It's on record that Wada left behind two months allocation for Bello, which therefore means that Bello has a total of 7 months allocations to cater for the salary arrears.

3. The screening exercise is a big mess and has exposed Bello as a shallow individual. As a rule of thumb, the civil service is the oldest known civilization ever known to mankind, which therefore means that an attempt to take them heads-on would be suicidal - this was Bello's first mistake. In my Parastatal;s first meeting with Bello and the clique conducting the screening exercise, it was very obvious to me and my Oga that Bello was an idealist (albeit one of convenience) who came in with a preconceived mindset, that the previous Administrations had bubbled up the civil service by populating it with cronies, who must therefore be eliminated at all cost. Based on this notion, they now decided to take on the civil service without proper engagement and sanitization. As someone who has spent his entire life in the civil service, I would have done things a bit differently, and would definitely have deferred the screening exercise to a later date, as Bello's first priority as Governor was to stabilize the ship of state, before embarking on his programmes. Unfortunaterly, he has succeeded in expeling way too much resources on a war he cant win, in the process distracting his attention from other key areas in the State.

1 Like

Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by OnucheAdams: 2:28am On Jul 10, 2016
jamace:

Before you get over emotional, you ought to understand the context upon which the bailout was released. It was based on the figures submitted by Wada, which is why the talk of ghost workers is dead on arrival. If Bello knew that there were ghost workers in the system, he should have first of all screened them out first before securing the bailout. I also suspect that the reason why the money was placed in fixed deposit is to cater for some interest at the center, as he knows very well that any attempt to siphon part of the bailout could lead to serious consequencies in the long run.

As per Bello being on the right track, I beg to differ. Himself and his clique of friends came to lavish and are devoid of the competency required to marshall a complex state like Kogi.

1 Like

Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by OnucheAdams: 2:31am On Jul 10, 2016
Junior66:

That path you want to tow, u wnt survice it.
2. Yahaya Bello doesn't owe ALL workers 3 months salaries but he owes most of dem for that duration. My Mum was paid january and feb. 9k and 5k respectively as against about 110k so she is still owed 7 months technically. Note that most workers are in the same sitaution.
3. Why wn't workers be against any form of screening that eliminates genuine workers? Are u a worker urself? put urseld in their shoes. my cousin has worked for more than 20yrs but was stil screened out!

I sympathize with you on your Mum's travails. It's possible that she may also get screened out down the line, so my advise for you is to commit everything to prayers. My collegues in the vairious State ministries are all being confronted with one issue or the other, all tied to the non-payment of salaries.
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by OnucheAdams: 2:34am On Jul 10, 2016
jamace:
Let the state NLC chairman say the truth. He had many accounts from which he was collecting state funds. Thus, he is a ghost worker in all but one accounts. I pray the gov has the balls to make public the report of the screening committee and you will weep for Kogi State.

It's typical of Bello and his clique of Friends to result to name calling when confronted with superior arguments. If they had such intels, they'd have branded it on the pages of the media by now.

1 Like

Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by vedaxcool(m): 3:04am On Jul 10, 2016
The man is gradually becoming a disappointment. .. one would expect he would use BVN to fastrack the screening yet we still hear the same manual unsmart method of screening . Ghost workers are a serious problem in kogi. But we cannot continue this slow screening process ... People are suffering

2 Likes

Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by adaweezy(m): 8:25am On Jul 10, 2016
Swiftlee:

Sir,

bello is on course, left to me PWC should handle the screening so as to phase out ghost workers and entrench ethnic equality in the civil service.
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by Junior66(m): 10:56am On Jul 10, 2016
OnucheAdams:

I sympathize with you on your Mum's travails. It's possible that she may also get screened out down the line, so my advise for you is to commit everything to prayers. My collegues in the vairious State ministries are all being confronted with one issue or the other, all tied to the non-payment of salaries.
Are you serious? Do you support the Governor screening out genuine workers becos he wants to eliminate ghost workers? Throwing out the baby with the bath water? No vex o, who are you? Yahaya Bello's cousin, special adviser, or just an observer from another state? The anguish of workers in kogi is real bro. No be joke o. Even his Ebira brothers are against him.
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by jamace(m): 12:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
Some of you have been emphasising that Bello was out to screen out genuine workers, is Bello that wicked? I dont think so.

I have been following both sides of the argument between the govt and workers. Govt's stances is to weed out ghost workers to enable genuine workers get their full salaries and to cut down the state salary expenses to enable the state carryout developmental projects. And what I gathered from the workers perspective is that most of the workers have been resisting the screening because they collect multiple salaries under various guises as ghosts, therefore the screening will find them out and hence block their "oil well". grin Don't you think the screening would have been concluded since and genuine workers paid if not for the constant protest by NLC? Too many workers in Kogi have skeleton in their cupboards.

For the guy who said the mother received only N5k and N9k instead of N110k, are you sure your mum did not take bank loans and that the bank deducted the loan from source? Remember what happened to Osun State which got N600 million only as federal allocation because the federal govt deducted the bailout loan repayment. I think you should ask your mum salient questions.

One of you said, some civil servants who had worked for 10 years were labelled ghost workers. Yes, it is very possible for you to be a ghost worker for 10 years, in fact even up to 35 years in the case of Kogi state because past administrations didnt have the gut to instil discipline. Do you know that according to the screening report (yet t be published any way) some high ranking civil servants in the state have over 40 salary accounts, Which means that they were collecting salaries meant for 40 workers? From accounts of the screening too, some workers who claim to be working for Ankpa LGA have for the past 10 years been collecting their salaries in Kaduna State. Are you telling me those are not ghost workers, is there no bank in Ankpa?

From my general observation, most of you have been fooled by the state NLC who are working for their selfish interests, opposing the state govt policies. Politically, some of you are bitter that a "minority" tribe has become gov in the state and have sworn to bring his govt down. I think we should forget ethnic, political and whatever consideration and face the reality. Bello is there today, tomorrow somebody else will be there. The earlier you allow Bello to conclude his screening and pay workers, the better for the state.

I advice all to keep tap with the govt policies and support them. Bello may not be perfect but lets give him the benefit of doubt so that at the end of his 4 years tenure, we can genuinely and sincerely appraise his govt. Thanks.
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by jamace(m): 12:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
OnucheAdams:

It's typical of Bello and his clique of Friends to result to name calling when confronted with superior arguments. If they had such intels, they'd have branded it on the pages of the media by now.
Haba! It seems you have not been following unfolding news on the screening exercise by stakeholders and particularly the Kogi State Auditor General. Names are already been reeled out, but the final list will be made public at the end of the screening exercise. So, lets follow Kogi state news while we expect the govt white paper.
It is very important too to know govt policies and plans. These will give us foresight of what to expect.
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by jamace(m): 7:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
See another big lie by Kogi workers bursted here: https://www.nairaland.com/3218199/publication-spent-1-billion-naira#47406086

Gov Bello has NOT bought any vehicle since assumption of office. GBAM!

The government of Kogi State has termed as malicious, a publication by an online medium ( Not DAILY POST) that it had spent a billion naira for the purchase of vehicles for political appointees in the state. Hide quoted text A statement by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Strategy, Abdulkarim Abdulmalik, said Governor Bello, since inception of office had not bought any vehicle for political appointees. The statement reads, "Our attention has been drawn to a publication on the online news site- Sahara Reporters- where it was alleged that Kogi State Governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, has spent 1 billion naira to purchase vehicles for the political appointees in the state. "We had wanted to ignore the said publication, but on a second thought, we felt it is proper to put the record straight by telling the public that the allegations stated in the write-up are false and full of malicious content. For avoidance of doubt, Governor Bello, has not bought any vehicle for political appointees as erroneously stated by the Audu/Feleke political organization. The vehicle that the Chief of Staff to the Governor is using is his personal car and was not bought by the government for him. "It is therefore pertinent to say that all the appointees of the Governor are yet to be given official vehicles and those who have were just using the old vehicles acquired and used by the immediate past government in the state. "The vehicles purchased by the Local Government councils were bought on loans, which is to be paid back in twelve months. "It is interesting to let the Faleke group know that the Ford vehicles purchased for Local Government Administrators are cheaper than the one used by the immediate past council Chairmen in the state. "The vehicles in the Governors' convoy, with the exception of two, belong to the Governor himself and that means he has been very mindful of extravagant spending as exhibited by some past leaders in the state, which has brought the state to the present pitiable situation. "The People of the state are wondering why some group of persons, who are members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, have decided to constitute themselves to an opposition to the government in the state. "One will be tempted to say that the attitude as well as the body language of the Faleke group is evidence that they are blinded by their desperate moves to govern the state. If not so, they claimed to be part of the disciples of the late leader of APC in the state, Prince Abubakar Audu; why then have they not commented about the positive step taken by the Governor to name the State University after him? "The People of the state are watching with utter disbelief the funny pretense of Faleke group against the positive steps taken so far by Governor Yahaya Bello in his bid to return the state to its past glory through his New Direction Agenda. "The Faleke group should be reminded that some were not poor before they came into Government as they were financially comfortable. "It is very painful for the group to have misinformed the famous Sahara Reporters into publishing the falsehood. "We, therefore, call on right thinking persons who might have read the unfortunate write up to ignore the said publication for it is not worth any attention because it was a fabricated story. "
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by OnucheAdams: 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
jamace:
Haba! It seems you have not been following unfolding news on the screening exercise by stakeholders and particularly the Kogi State Auditor General. Names are already been reeled out, but the final list will be made public at the end of the screening exercise. So, lets follow Kogi state news while we expect the govt white paper.
It is very important too to know govt policies and plans. These will give us foresight of what to expect.

It's all nonsense. Once you are earmarked as a critic of the Governor, somehow your name and that of your associates finds its way into the list. My colleagues in his Government have come to the realization that the screening exercise was ill timed and should have commenced after the Government had found its bearings.
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by OnucheAdams: 9:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
Junior66:

Are you serious? Do you support the Governor screening out genuine workers becos he wants to eliminate ghost workers? Throwing out the baby with the bath water? No vex o, who are you? Yahaya Bello's cousin, special adviser, or just an observer from another state? The anguish of workers in kogi is real bro. No be joke o. Even his Ebira brothers are against him.

Perhaps you misinterpreted by post. I am in solidarity with the legitimate workers whom have felt victim to this exercise. I am simply notifying you of the fact that just in case they are able to unveil your identity, they may end up screening out your Mum as retribution. So please tread with caution.
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by OnucheAdams: 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
jamace:
See another big lie by Kogi workers bursted here: https://www.nairaland.com/3218199/publication-spent-1-billion-naira#47406086

Gov Bello has NOT bought any vehicle since assumption of office. GBAM!

The government of Kogi State has termed as malicious, a publication by an online medium ( Not DAILY POST) that it had spent a billion naira for the purchase of vehicles for political appointees in the state. Hide quoted text A statement by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Strategy, Abdulkarim Abdulmalik, said Governor Bello, since inception of office had not bought any vehicle for political appointees. The statement reads, "Our attention has been drawn to a publication on the online news site- Sahara Reporters- where it was alleged that Kogi State Governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, has spent 1 billion naira to purchase vehicles for the political appointees in the state. "We had wanted to ignore the said publication, but on a second thought, we felt it is proper to put the record straight by telling the public that the allegations stated in the write-up are false and full of malicious content. For avoidance of doubt, Governor Bello, has not bought any vehicle for political appointees as erroneously stated by the Audu/Feleke political organization. The vehicle that the Chief of Staff to the Governor is using is his personal car and was not bought by the government for him. "It is therefore pertinent to say that all the appointees of the Governor are yet to be given official vehicles and those who have were just using the old vehicles acquired and used by the immediate past government in the state. "The vehicles purchased by the Local Government councils were bought on loans, which is to be paid back in twelve months. "It is interesting to let the Faleke group know that the Ford vehicles purchased for Local Government Administrators are cheaper than the one used by the immediate past council Chairmen in the state. "The vehicles in the Governors' convoy, with the exception of two, belong to the Governor himself and that means he has been very mindful of extravagant spending as exhibited by some past leaders in the state, which has brought the state to the present pitiable situation. "The People of the state are wondering why some group of persons, who are members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, have decided to constitute themselves to an opposition to the government in the state. "One will be tempted to say that the attitude as well as the body language of the Faleke group is evidence that they are blinded by their desperate moves to govern the state. If not so, they claimed to be part of the disciples of the late leader of APC in the state, Prince Abubakar Audu; why then have they not commented about the positive step taken by the Governor to name the State University after him? "The People of the state are watching with utter disbelief the funny pretense of Faleke group against the positive steps taken so far by Governor Yahaya Bello in his bid to return the state to its past glory through his New Direction Agenda. "The Faleke group should be reminded that some were not poor before they came into Government as they were financially comfortable. "It is very painful for the group to have misinformed the famous Sahara Reporters into publishing the falsehood. "We, therefore, call on right thinking persons who might have read the unfortunate write up to ignore the said publication for it is not worth any attention because it was a fabricated story. "

Not only his personal car. If it's the same Onoja who comes to our drinking joint, then he should explain to Kogite the source of the funds he used to by the G-Wagon and Land Cruiser he has been advertising round town. And the talk of political appointees not having any vehicles is certainly lame; I guess the ones his commissioners are busy parading round town was bought with their personal funds abi?
Re: Kogi In Disarray, I Weep For My Dear State. by Junior66(m): 10:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
OnucheAdams:

Perhaps you misinterpreted by post. I am in solidarity with the legitimate workers whom have felt victim to this exercise. I am simply notifying you of the fact that just in case they are able to unveil your identity, they may end up screening out your Mum as retribution. So please tread with caution.
allryt bro. wasn't aware u were the person i quoted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai / Presidential Intelligence Report Busted: Aso Rock Targets Obj, Atiku, Others / Updated Pictures From The 2nd Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.